Start by marking “The Start-Up J Curve: The Six Steps to Entrepreneurial Success” as Want to Read:
The Start-Up J Curve: The Six Steps to Entrepreneurial Success

The Start-Up J Curve: The Six Steps to Entrepreneurial Success

A predictable pattern of success
Entrepreneurs who have read early drafts of The Start-Up J Curve responded, ''I wish I had this book years ago.''

A start-up unfolds in a predictable pattern; the more aware entrepreneurs are of this pattern, the better able they will be to capitalize on it. Author Howard Love calls this pattern the  start-up J Curve: The toughest part of th
Published August 30th 2016 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

Start your review of The Start-Up J Curve: The Six Steps to Entrepreneurial Success
Sven Kirsimäe
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: at-audible, in-device
I like models. Even if they are just models. For me, time will tell if this book represents a real model or a hypothetical one. Nevertheless, it’s an appealing model that seems to make a lot of sense for a startup. A bit too simplified maybe, but defines most of the startup phases I’ve encountered, seen or heard so far. A note has to be taken that the model presented, J-curve, although linear, might in my view include variations in real life and definitely does not have to be as continuous as pr ...more
Carl Rannaberg
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
That’s a very solid book about the different stages of a startup life and the things that matter during those stages. Lots of tidbits of advice shared by the author who has hands on experience building several companies. Although at the end of the book the examples started to get old.
Dustin Raymer
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I thought this was a good listen. On the other hand, I have a pretty strong background in business and I found that it did not necessarily bring a lot of new information to me. I would still recommend to anyone without a strong business background though as this does define a process or stages a business goes through rather succinctly and understandably.
Marius Greblikas
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Gerai sudėliotas ir lengvai susikaitė. Daug naudingos informacijos, kurią galėtum panaudoti ne tik startuolių gyvenime, bet ir ten kur šiandien esi :)
Gregg R.
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Great points for anyone who is considering or has already started their own business. The author has been involved in many start-ups as a founder and investor. His experience seems to be primarily in the tech industry and most of his companies have morphed, so the book is geared towards tech and there is a strong emphasis on the importance of allowing ideas to evolved. Even though I haven’t been involved in tech and my ideas didn’t morph much (I’ve founded businesses in construction, non-profit, ...more
Jeromie Roberts
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author has really put a significant amount of thought into each step of building a business. It truly doesn't matter if you're a tech start up or a meal service, the steps you building a business remain the same.

The author has really put a significant amount of thought into each step of building a business. It truly doesn't matter if you're a tech start up or a meal service, the steps you must take, the iterations you must endure are the same.
Carlyle Roberts
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book presents a really good roadmap for entrepreneurs. It goes through the common stages and what to expect. The book also presents common pitfalls and best actions at each stage.

A good descriptive analysis of the entrepreneurial journey that helps shows the reader how things progress. I truly enjoyed reading this one and identified a number of ah-ha moments, as well as being enlightened by how the stages model makes complete sense. Recommended for any aspiring or existing entrepreneur.
Darius Vilimas
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blueprint for Entrepreneurial Journey

To be honest this book has surpassed all my expectations. It is not as widely known as some other works on startup world, but in my opinion it should be considered in one class with such great books as 'The Lean Startup' or 'Zero to One' . Really recommend for everyone who is already having entrepreneurial journey and also for those who are just dreaming about getting on the road. Good luck.
Anthony Lee
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read for seasonal and newbie entrepreneurs. I will go back and re-read again. Greatest outcome is the roadmap and big picture of phases an entrepreneur goes through, and entrepreneurship is not a profession but a mindset that is applicable in small business and corporate America, even daily lives.
Janko Tomšič
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good book covering the whole startup journey from the idea to the harvest part and slowly turning into the corporation. Lots of good advices and things to expect along the road. Could be a good guide to have in your pocket if jumping on the startup train or already on it as it also covers the later stages quite thoroughly.
Doaa
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I wasn't expected that I would enjoy reading this book. but I did
the book covers the startup journey from the idea to harvest stage by explaining real samples from real other startup and what you expect in each stage.
Mick
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised that I enjoyed this quite as much as I did. It provides tools, case studies, and principles in a clear way that is simple to understand. Worth a read for those interested in start ups and entrepreneurial endeavours.
Oriol Segarra
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm just starting my startup and this book has been a real blessing to keep on track on what I'm doing and how to do it.
Ágota Téti
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must read for first time tect startup founders 👍
Alessandro Orlandi
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entrepreneurship
The best book on Startup I ever read.
Diego Andres
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Una lectura obligatoria para todos los emprendedores, desde los que apenas empiezan en este viaje hasta los más experimentados.
Saša
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It explains the path that most startups would pass. The main takeaway from the book is to be humble, embrace failure and don`t skip the steps on the curve but be ultra-focused on the current step. ...more
P Michael N
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read on the stages of development in startups with lots of examples to back it up from a veteran in the startup trenches.
Serejka Keller
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would recommend using this book as a high level framework.
Yiannis Miliatsis
A must read.

For aspiring entrepreneurs everywhere. I found a good deal of value in this book. The proposed model is great and helps your confidence when times are tough.
Vikram Chauhan
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
End to End

this book is an excellent end to end guide for every entrepreneur out there or any person who wants to be an entrepreneur.
Ilana
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A step-by-step realistic business overview of your start-up. It carefully provides the steps and the tailored feed-back required, with examples of the successful projects. A recommended read to anyone interested to start his or her own start-up and looking for a proper execution plan. This aspect I particularly appreciated, as well as the recommendation to evaluate each stage of the process and proceed to the next only if the main elements were covered. Such an approach helps to properly tailor ...more
Gwen
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great reference book for starting up a business. Really thorough material and easy writing to understand. A definite must have book for anyone wanting to start up their own business. Will be rereading it again.
Dmitry Kuriakov
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: management
Всё очень обще, никакой конкретики. Ощущение, как от разговора в кафе с типичным таким трёпом ни о чём и одновременно, обо всём.

It's all very general and no specifics. It feels like talking in a cafe with a typical conversation about nothing and everything at the same time.
Saif Alshamsi
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
إن كنت ناوي العزم على بداية مشروع تجاري خاص بك فهذا الكتاب يحتوي على مجموعة جيدة من النصائح المفيدة التي سوف تساعدك في توقع الطريق.
Shiri
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh - nothing more or less.
Hieu Huu Ta
Sep 04, 2018
Kyle Banks
Jan 23, 2019
Eetu Raudas
Mar 09, 2020
Heather
Aug 02, 2017

• The Lean Product Playbook: How to Innovate with Minimum Viable Products and Rapid Customer Feedback
  • Explosive Growth: A Few Things I Learned While Growing To 100 Million Users - And Losing $78 Million
  • The Founder's Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup
  • The Narrow Corridor: States, Societies, and the Fate of Liberty
  • Don't Hire a Software Developer Until You Read this Book: The handbook for tech startups & entrepreneurs (from idea, to build, to product launch and everything in between.)
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • The App Factory Playbook: How You Can Develop Your App Idea Without Learning to Code and Without a Technical Co-Founder
  • Art’s Principles: 50 years of hard-learned lessons in building a world-class professional services firm
  • Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • The Unlimited Self: Destroy Limiting Beliefs, Uncover Inner Greatness, and Live the Good Life
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • The Automatic Customer: Creating a Subscription Business in Any Industry
  • Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
  • HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?")
  • Lost and Founder: The Mostly Awful, Sometimes Awesome Truth about Building a Tech Startup
  • The 50th Law
  • How to Build a Billion Dollar App

News & Interviews

“Fear is a fickle mistress and a tricky one to dance with: One moment it’s an exhilarating tango partner; the next minute it’s a sloppy drunk in need of therapy. Accept fear as a motivator, but don’t let it get the best of you.” 0 likes
“You may go through two, three, or more iterations of the product, and by the nth iteration, the model you created for the first iteration will be hopelessly inappropriate. Paradoxically, emphasizing a business model prematurely, you may block yourself from the best money-making opportunities.” 0 likes