Start by marking “Crawlspace: Dark Gory Horror” as Want to Read:
Crawlspace: Dark Gory Horror

Crawlspace: Dark Gory Horror

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  100 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
After Jerry stumbles delirious from a bloody accident, a beautiful girl rescues the boy and brings him home to her decrepit apartment complex.

Soon Jerry discovers a hidden entrance into the attic, a crawlspace through which he can secretly enter any apartment.

But he isn't the only person aware of the secret entrance.

Crawlspace is a terrifying journey into urban legend, dar
Published March 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Crawlspace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crawlspace

Frank
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dan Padavona's CRAWLSPACE is the best horror book I've read so far this year (2018). It is gripping from the get go and begs you to read it to its conclusion. Its the type of story you convince yourself you know where its going and what the outcome is going to be only to get slapped in the face with a can't-be-seen-coming ending.

The characters in CRAWLSPACE are very well developed. The story is wonderfully crafted. Padavona, while still young in the writing game has the chops to be a master of t
Tim Meyer
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was extremely hard to put down, a genuine page-turner. With echoes of Laymon and Ketchum, Padavona has created a modern tale of terror for a new generation of horror readers. Carefully-crafted characters and nail-biting tension are just some of the things I liked most about Crawlspace. Seriously, if you're a fan of Laymon's best work, you need to check Crawlspace out. 4.5 bloody blades out of 5!
John Bender
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it's that good.

My mind is blown. This one is tough, mean, tight as hell. It's CLEAN. Don't be deceived by simple prose. Yes, the comparisons to Ketchum and Laymon ACTUALLY stick to this one. The prose is simple but each short paragraph is a shotgun-blast of thrumming tension, depth, and beautiful brutality.

It's all here. Dan writes like I dream of writing. An amazing novel. Please, read it now!
Sharkie
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My heart hasn't even stopped racing yet, and I'm straight on here to review it.
This book is fucking wonderful... pardon my French. If you like horror, this is for you. Old school horror made just to keep you looking over your shoulder constantly for the next week... It's great. Go pick it up and read it.
Stan James
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Spoilers in this review after the next paragraph, so be warned.

Crawlspace is a fairly standard "psycho killer(s) on the loose" story, but there are areas where I feel it falls short, bringing down the overall experience.

First, the author may find himself surprised when he turns 50 and discovers that everyone does not turn into haggard, out of shape old people as soon as they hit the half century mark. Every observation about an older character in the story would convince you otherwise. This is a
Tina
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
After Jerry is involved in a student/bicycle-vs-townie/truck accident, he's scraped up by a beautiful fellow student and taken to her apartment in the crumbling Gardenia complex. He decides to stay and they begin a relationship, but things are not as they seem. Jerry discovers an attic crawlspace that allows him access to the other apartments. It's not like he wants to go exploring though; Gardenia has been the site of some horrific ritual murders in the past. And things aren't getting any bette ...more
Bro
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I downloaded this for a "guilty pleasure" Halloween read, expecting it would be fun and nothing more. (I mean, look at the cover.) But I was totally surprised by how well Padavona writes. I did not have to suspend my intelligence as one often does with horror movies and novels. Crawlspace is a cut above and certainly enjoyable, but it did get a little tedious for me at the end, so I gave it a solid 3 stars.
Chris
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
My October of Horror continues...

Crawlspace had real promise. It was well-written and very compelling. The problem was its execution. The story itself - and the characters that peopled it - were well-developed but about halfway through it felt as though the author lost the thread. And, as the reader, so did I.

Crawlspace was a great way to spend a couple of hours. It was entertaining, fun, and fairly creepy. But ultimately it didn't have the punch I was looking for out of a horror novel.
M. Larose
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad

This story kept me interested, but there were a few odd places where the plot devices felt a bit contrived or inconsistent. Overall, it was not bad, but not stellar, either.
Megan
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not particularly compelling or scary. I had several guesses which were all wrong and far more interesting than the actual story resolution.
Chad
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read most of Padavona's work, and this is easily his best. And while it is indeed a page turner, it's not so much the action or intensity that keeps you going but the need to find out why things are happening and what exactly the role is of each character. I read this book not knowing anything about it other than it was horror, which I believe really aided in the enjoyment I had when consuming each page. That being said, I want to keep this review light on summary and heavy on praise.

Protag
Chris
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
First time I've read this author and I must say I'm impressed. Part Richard Laymon and part Jack Ketchum. Fast-paced, suspenseful, claustrophobic at times and scary. Looking forward to reading more from Dan Padavona.
Thomas Hobbs
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

I really enjoyed this book, it kept me on edge not knowing. A lot of twist and turns this book will not let you down.
Becky McGlone
Jun 02, 2018
Deacon D.
Mar 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author of Crawlspace, The Face of Midnight, and Storberry.

Want a free book? Download Dark Vanishings by joining my VIP readers club at
www.danpadavona.com.

When you read one of my books I hope you feel like you are sitting around a campfire with me at midnight.

I was born and raised in Cortland, NY, not far from the Finger Lakes region. Today, I live outside of Binghamton, NY, with my wife Terri, an