Start by marking “Kaitlin's Tale (Cassie Scot #6)” as Want to Read:
Kaitlin's Tale (Cassie Scot #6)

Kaitlin's Tale

(Cassie Scot #6)

Kaitlin Mayer is on the run from the father of her baby – a vampire who wants her to join him in deadly eternity. Terrified for her young son, she seeks sanctuary with the hunters guild. Yet they have their own plans for her son, and her hopes of safety are soon shattered.

When she runs into Matthew Blair, an old nemesis with an agenda of his own, she dares to hope for a ne
ebook
Published May 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Kaitlin's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaitlin's Tale

Julie
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlin’s Tale by Christine Amsden is a 2016 publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is connected to the Cassie Scot Paranormal Detective series, and it is probably a good idea to have read those books before tackling this one.

If you recall, Kaitlin is one of Cassie’s best friends, so I was happy to see she will finally get to reveal her own life journey, and share it with us.

Kaitlin finds herself in a world of hurt, as her baby daddy had been
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
This is one of the most anticipated stories to come out of the Casey Scott universe! For me personally, I have been awaiting this follow up tale since the conception of baby Jay. A mother who will do anything to protect her baby is a fierce and powerful read. Kaitlin’s Tale is no exception.

Realization has hit Kaitlin that her human life and the life of her child are very much in jeopardy. Xavier is beginning to grow impatient, and Jason? Well, anything that was once left of his humanity seems to
D.E.
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of the Cassie Scot series and am enjoying the spin-off novels as well. Despite that, I was hesitant to start Kaitlin’s Tale. Why? I really liked Jason in the previous novels, even though we didn’t see much of him. But now he’s a vampire and in the Cassie Scot world, that’s a bad thing. A very bad thing. It did in fact take me a while to get into Kaitlin’s story. Jason peeved me off and Kaitlin seemed weak and boring at first. Well, let me tell you, first impressions can be wrong. ...more
Sherry Fundin
The cover for Kaitlin’s Tale by christine Amsden is fantastic. I love it and I loved frolicking with Kaitlin through the pages of her life. For those of you who have read her Cassie Scot series, some of these characters will be familiar to you.

The story is predictable, yet wonderful to read. I was happy I didn’t have to live through a love triangle, but the romance is there and I find a little love adds a lot to the danger that Kaitlin will have to confront. She will not be alone in her effort t
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Kaitlin Mayer will do anything to save her baby, her son’s life, save him from becoming a part of the undead community, a vampire even if she has to give up her son and her own life. When the opportunity arises Kaitlin takes her son and runs; runs for her life right into the hunter’s compound with her son. The way Kaitlin sees it this will be the safest place for her son. But when she gets inside she is not so sure that running to the compound was the right thing to do. But it will do for now, s ...more
Sheila
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Everyone has secrets, and even the walls might not be what they seem in Christine Amsden’s novel, Kaitlyn’s Tale. But some people have bigger secrets than others, and some don’t even know what secrets they hide as the powerful struggle to control the powerless, and those with nothing struggle to find what’s hidden in their souls.

Readers of Christine Amsden’s Cassie Scott series will be pleased to rediscover all the familiar characters, and to find out more about them. Meanwhile new readers will
Lori
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. A lot of adventure.
Mind magic going on all over the place between Alexander Xaiver the centuries o!d vampire and Mathew . You finally find out Kaitlin's secret and why she is the way she is since book #1 in the Cassie Scot series.
And yes Cassie is in This book. Not a lot but some.
We finally find out the truth about Mathews and Cassie's time together and what he really did or did not do to her.
We get to know a lot more about a few characters besides Katlin. Jason now being a va
Cheryl
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read anything by this author. It was stated that this book feature's Cassie Scot's best friend, Kaitlin. As I have said I have not read anything by this author before, yet, I was able to jump right into this book with no problems. This is because there was not a lot of focus made on Cassie or any of the events from that series. This book is independent so it can be read by new readers like me.

Kaitlin is a strong female lead. This is what quickly drew me towards her
Laurie
Kaitlin’s Tale is yet another enjoyable adventure/romance by Christine Amsden, set in the same magical world of Cassie (Non)Paranormal Detective series. This book can be read as a stand-a-lone novel but is better read as a part of the series because the cast of characters overlap. I really enjoyed the cameo appearances of Evan and Cassie, but this story definitely centers squarely around Kaitlin. Kaitlin is in serious trouble as the book opens and I became immediately caught up in her difficulti ...more
Cassandra
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received the ebook for free for an honest review

This is the 2nd companion novel to the Cassie Scot series. I really love this series. While you can pick up this book and read it without any trouble, the world experience will be so much more and you will understand references more if you read them all in order.

You never really got much about Kaitlin in the series. This is a wonderful edition to this world. It was nice to finally get Kaitlin’s s
Wulfwyn
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm sitting here trying to decide what exactly to say and whether or not this is my favorite Christine Amsden book. Telling you about the book might reveal spoilers, which I hate doing. Telling you my feelings will, most likely, reveal one. (Though if you read the author's USA Today interview you are aware of it). Difficult to decide what to write. I'll do my best though.
I first fell in love with the author's writing with Cassie Scot and that series. Those books are among my most prized po
Sapphyria
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cassie Scot series and the additional books that are set in this world are some of my very favorites books to read. They are full of action, drama, and romance and each books stays with the reader long after reading "The End" and closing the book. The romances within the series don't come easily and Kaitlin's Tale is no different in that regard.

All Kaitlin wants is to be loved. When she discovers that she's pregnant after a one-night-stand, she tries to make a go at it with the father, Jaso
E.
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Kaitlin’s Tale” by Christine Amsden is connected to the ‘Cassie Scot’ series as well as its spinoffs. This story focuses on Kaitlin Mayer who seems to have consistently made poor life choices, but whose main goal in life has become to keep her son Jay safe—from his vampire father and from the multiple factions who want to use the power he is demonstrating at such a young age. Kaitlin has developed her own usefulness, although she can’t quite see it as such, and when she is forced into proximity ...more
Dawn
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ecopy of this book from the author for an honest review.

I read the Cassie Scot series by Christine Amsden and was sorry to see it end, so I was thrilled when I learned that she was writing about Cassie’s two best friends. I read Madison's Song, which was good, but I liked Kaitlin and her story with Jason so I couldn't wait to read Kaitlin's Tale. I have grown fond of the characters and the town of Eagle Rock and I was happy to see that Cassie and her husband had a small role in
Laura Thomas
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read the Cassie Scot Series and loved them, I was thrilled to be able to read more of the author’s magical world and characters.

Kaitlin’s Tale obviously features Kaitlin, a friend of Cassie’s. Being a non magical resident in a predominantly magical community, she’s felt like a bit of a fifth wheel. When Kaitlin learns she’s pregnant after a momentary lapse in judgement, she follows the father, Jason, and travels from place to place. But, what started out as a grand adventure soon revealed
Autumn
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc, pbwkendread
I received this book to give an honest review.

I am so glad that we get to hear Kaitlin's story after all she is pregnant with Jason's baby but we know Jason has been changed.
Kaitlin is not the same as before, it seems she has been used by Jason for Xavier's plans. She also lives for her son who will one day be a hunter and her instinct is to protect him.
When she escapes Jason and Xavier which we all know is hard to do the only place safe to go is to the hunters compound Alexander's compound. T
books are love
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This dynamic of Jason fascinates me. What is he exactly? He isn’t Jason of old for he sacrificed himself to protect his little boy. He isn’t evil like his sire Xavier but he isn’t all good either. He still loves his son very much that is seen in his action even if he is duplicitous in how he shows it. He is very perceptive and smart. But where is he in terms of what he is? He is still finding his place in this new world of his where he isn’t alive but isn’t dead.

Kaitlyn we see her grow so much i
Mareena
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes paranormal romance
Recommended to Mareena by: Christine Amsden
When Kaitlin Meyer first decided to run away with the father of her son, she thought she was doing the right thing for her child. Granted, her son's father Jason was a recently-turned vampire hunter, whose own cousin Cassie Scot had once warned Kaitlin - as her best friend - to stay far away from him. Yet Kaitlin sincerely believed that baby Jay deserved to have his father in his life, even if Jason was a vampire.

However, after Jason invites her to join him in eternal life, Kaitlin slowly comes
E.A.
( I received this book free from the author in exchange for my honest review )

Going into this book and not reading the Cassie's series I was surprised with how easy I was able to follow the story. The storying tell was smooth, plot holes where non-existence, and there was nothing written that wasn't relevant to the overall story. Everything had a purpose and it made the read fuller and simply outstanding.

From the start I was drawn in by Kaitlin’s will to save her child. She came to the terms wit
Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I received a review copy from the author in exchange for a honest review.

4 1/2 Stars.

Kaitlin’s Tale is a standalone novel, but is set in Cassie Scot’s world, series by the same name by Christine Amsden. I am a big fan of the Cassie Scot novels and the first spin off novel, featuring Cassie’s best friend, Madison’s Song. It is no surprise that I ended up loving Kaitlin’s Tale, another of Cassie’s best friend just as much. What’s funny though is I don’t normally read spin off novels. A
Julie
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It has been quite a while since I hung out with the characters in the Cassie Scot world, and I did miss them a bit. Kaitlin's Tale is another spin-off to the Cassie Scot series, and the final book in that world. So I suppose reading it is a bit bittersweet.

What I enjoyed about this book is the romance was not the primary focus, like the original series, but not so much like the first spin off, Madison's Song. The romance was a slow burn, with tension and attraction, but allowing a build up of tr
Sandra
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
As a rule, I don’t start a book series in the middle and while this, at the end of the day, is a well-written book, there’s nothing about the blurb for Kaitlin’s Tale that mentions it’s the sixth book in a series that began with the Cassie Scot books:

Diana
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, paranormal
I have to admit that it kind of bugs me when authors don't let go of a certain universe or idea they created, prequels, prolonged sequels, POV changes, but give me a good spin-off and they can stay in that world for as long as they want.

I love the world these books create; each and every character deserves to have their stories told. They're all so complex and wonderfully done, there are no minor characters here.
These spin-offs are great reminders that everyone has a story and that sometimes (al
~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
My Review
description

In another wonderful companion book to the Cassie Scot series, Christine Amsden has wowed me again!

The core story behind this series had me hooked, and is probably one of my favorite series. The companion novels are just as good, if not better, and give the side characters a chance to shine. Kaitlin wasn't one I had connected to deeply in the main series, but through this book, I got the chance to see her a bit deeper, and get to know her better.

Seeing more of her deepened her character, and ult
Lissette
Though Kaitlin Mayer may often refuse to think about the life she's led, she can't help but to do so whenever the opportunity arises. She now has a son she needs to take care of. One she'll do anything to protect. When her life takes an unexpected turn, she soon realizes that not everything is as it seems. To make matters worse, she has no choice but to trust the one man her heart tells her not to--the notorious Matthew Blair. Little does she know, appearances can always be deceiving.

Christine h
Beverly McClure
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imagine that your husband, the father of your child, is a vampire. Imagine that he wants to make you a vampire too. What would you do? This is the dilemma facing Kaitlin Meyer. How can she save herself, and even more importantly, her one-year-old son, from a father who has plans for them?

In Author Christine Amsden’s latest novel, KAITLIN’S TALE, we meet familiar characters from her Cassie Scot Mystery Series. If you haven’t read those books no problem. The author gives plenty of background on ea
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

I didn’t read the Cassie Scot series yet, of which this book is a companion, but I didn’t have much trouble diving right into Kaitlin’s Tale. Kaitlin is on the run from her baby’s father, a vampire who wants them to join him. Kaitlin wants to save her son from becoming part of the undead, so she seeks sanctuary with the Hunters Guild. Unfortunately, they have plans of their own for Kaitlin’s son, and she’s not as safe
Ashley Dawn
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited about this spin off of the Cassie Scot Series and it was good! It is a spin off so it stands alone. That being said, you should totally read the Cassie Scot Series because you will enjoy it too and catch the little references throughout this book. Since I have read the series, I was hoping this book would come out and give us more of Kaitlin and her baby. There were just so many ways the author could go and she did great!
Kaitlin is willing to do anything to keep her baby saf
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brava! Another good one from Christine Amsden. I have just loved this whole series. It had been a while since I had read the last book so it took me a while to play catch-up, but once I did I was back in the groove.

I have to admit the beginning was a tad slow for me but... the last half - Wow! Totally made up for it. It got so action packed and exciting. A page turner for sure. I just love books where people are on the run or in hiding - and this was an excellent one.

I loved Matthew in this on
Michele
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novel starts out quick and furious and never lets up!! There are so many twists and turns and turn abouts as Kaitlin's Tale unravels, and we learn about her background and what has made her the way she is. You also get a glimpse into some of the other main and minor characters from the previous novels. Friends--foes--who is who and which is which. Will Kaitlin be able to finally find and accept herself--will she be able to let go and actually trust again? I'm afraid that is all I am going t ...more
Christine Amsden has been writing science fiction and fantasy for as long as she can remember. She loves to write and it is her dream that others will be inspired by this love and by her stories. Speculative fiction is fun, magical, and imaginative but great speculative fiction is about real people defining themselves through extraordinary situations. Christine writes primarily about people and it ...more

Cassie Scot (7 books)
  • Cassie Scot (Cassie Scot #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • Madison's Song (Cassie Scot #5)
  • Frozen (Cassie Scot #7)