Start by marking “A Nun Walks Into A Bar (Nun-Fiction #1)” as Want to Read:
A Nun Walks Into A Bar (Nun-Fiction #1)

A Nun Walks Into A Bar

(Nun-Fiction #1)

After growing up in an abbey, orphan Sadie Ross becomes Sister Abigail Eunice. Her life and career are on track until a chance meeting with a handsome stranger in a place no nun should ever go.
Ryder Carsen’s sister is missing, and he doesn’t have time for distractions. But when a pretty nun walks into his bar, he can’t ignore his attraction to her, even though she’s
Published March 29th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Nun Walks Into A Bar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Nun Walks Into A Bar

Rebecca McNutt
A funny and fast-paced mystery novel with a nun as the unlikely heroine, A Nun Walks into a Bar dissolves the common misconceptions about nuns in pop culture, but also brings some lighthearted romance and thriller content into the mix.
Ira
Jul 16, 2017 added it
Shelves: meh-i-pass
DNF at 58%

The story is getting ridiculous for sometime now but I thought it will return to be like the first 25% which I like, well it wasn't. I couldn't read a story like this.

The author wrote about human trafficking story but she write it lightly, is look like not a big problem, which is really? Especially when one of the victims is the hero's sister, she had been raped for months and I didn't see she getting any help to face that awful time!

And there is no
Sophia
The title... I was smiling and intrigued from the first time I spotted the title. And *snort* its the NUN-rated edition.

I'm already familiar with the author's earlier Dogs of Fire MC series so I was curious about this spin-off story going on in the Dogs of Fire world. New readers can easily pick this one up without having read the older ongoing series without trouble since this pulls in new lead characters and a parallel story line.

I found this a light story with some hea
Monique
This was a fun read, about a young former nun's adjustment to 'regular' life, with a romantic interest quickly coming into the picture. The strange/strained interactions between the H/h - mainly due to miscues from the heroine Sadie, with her observations and snark, and the hero Ryder's overprotectiveness - made for some entertaining reading.
Even with the dark undercurrent running throughout, the story was comical in nature.
(Note that I read the Nun-Rated version, which had one lightweight sex
Trudy Dowling
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been dying to read this book since the hints and teasers started appearing on Facebook. I can’t believe how lucky I was to get an Arc before release day. And all I had to do was write an honest review—oh yeah!!! sign me up.
I might have let out a squeal when I opened the ebook. The squealing didn’t stop at page one. I laughed. I giggled. I rolled on the floor laughing. The title, A Nun Walks Into a Bar, hinted at the story being funny, but it was downright hilarious. I highlighted so ma
Sherri Shade
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it, didn't love it, but it was okay.
Chessela Helm
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars rounded up. I enjoyed this story for the most part. The themes of sex trafficking gave it a serious side, but the author did a good job of incorporating that while keeping romance and humor in the book. The only thing I didn't enjoy was that it jumps from the middle of the climax into an epilogue. It's very jarring. I liked the characters. I'm not a real biker fan, but I didn't feel like it was an overwhelming part of the book. I'm interested in the other books in the series to watch t ...more
Romance Between The Sheets
I just want to say this was a simply fantastic story, the title has you scratching your head but within the first few chapters I knew I was in for an amazing romantic journey.

Ryder - well what an alpha man, he knew what he wanted and went for it - he is protective and such a gentleman - surprising considering his upbringing and what stamina he has to stand by Sadie and her inner beliefs.

Sadie steals the show, is stunning, stubborn and simply sensuous when released into th
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
A Nun Walks into a Bar is a romantic comedy, a crime investigation, and a suspenseful thriller all in one. If you like suspense and mysteries, then this is the perfect book for you! Note: The book DOES delve into the world of human trafficking, so it may contain triggers for some readers.

The characters were well developed and mostly likable. Ryder is a successful businessman who owns several bars. Sadie (aka Sister Abigail Eunice) is a teacher and former nun in training. Fate throws
Miriam
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: alpha-hero, v-heroine
It started really good, was disappointing after the first few chapters. The story had no depth, the chemistry between the characters lacked almost completely and the insta-love was totally rushed. Just OK.
Colleen Whale
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I have to start by saying in my defense, I thought this book was going to be funnier than this. Scratch that, I thought it was going to be funny. Period. But I kept reading and I honestly don't know why I kept reading. I guess I was hoping that Sadie would get a brain in her head. She was so stupidly naive about everything. It's like she decided to fall in love with the first guy to give her any type of attention. Ryder was absolutely horrible! I kind of wanted to make a drinking game out of eve ...more
Sharni
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Pretty sure I bought this for the punny title - the chronic overuse of the words 'babe', 'baby' and 'love' started to grate as did the male main characters constant need to be in control of everything (a rough childhood does not mean it's okay to have a girl followed when she's out with friends - just to see if she's "ok")
Grandma Mush
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure what to think about this book. It was somehow unsatifying but maybe if I were young I would feel differently. It definitely dealt with some different stuff...the very wrong side of society contrasted with the religious, for example. But the romance felt off and the criminal stuff either forced or too realistic. Not sure if I'd bother with another from the series tho I read the teaser.
Cissa
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
While it started out somewhat promising, it fairly quickly devolved into circular repetition.

Implausibly, Sadie and Ryder- the conventional opposites- attract so immediately that they are emotionally intertwined immediately- and this does not change. Their periodic spats do not seem serious, especially since they spat over the exact same things over and over again until it is tedious. And then do it some more.

Sadie is very annoying. When she gets involved with Ryder, she
Monica
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my gosh! it was awesome! amazing! DEEP! hilarious, so sweet! thrilling! exciting and just down right wonderful! not your average romance for sure! a new spin of good-guy biker bad ass meets clueless romantic!
Ryder is such a protective, sweet, short-fused bear! (but full of honey!) yes...He was a sweetheart, but a bad ass! Sadie was great!!! hilarious all around and you never knew what she was going to say or do next!
love the twists and turns and kinks in it, I had an inkling the bad gu
Amy
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got a copy of A Nun Walks Into A Bar from the author in exchange for an honest review! I absolutely loved it! Its not your typical story between Sadie and Ryder!! I love how Ryder is with Sadie with her being an ex-nun and never living outside the convent. But Sadie's learning curve is great and shes a quick study!! I think Tracey Jane Jackson is a freaking genuis and she is truly amazing!! Another job well done!!
Geri Glenn
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tracey did an amazing job with this story! A Nun Walks Into A Bar is sweet and funny and sexy as hell! Sadie was an endearing character that I connected with right away. Ryder was the perfect blend of big jerk and supportive alpha. I loved him. There are no slow moments and I loved watching Sadie and Ryder's relationship grow throughout it. One of my top favourite reads of this year.
Nicole Normand
I received a copy from InstaFreebie (now called Prolific Works); this is my honest review.
-Corny with suspenseful bits, and a few funny ones too. Sadie's POV was all 1st person; Ryder's was 3rd person.
-I don't think the author researched much about kidnapped girls for harems, sex and drugs. It was not done well, like a mosquito in your soup. This is a tragic subject and should have been treated as such.
-I didn't care for Sadie much - she was self-centered and didn't mind breaki
Amymargarita
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Tracey Jane Jackson/Piper Davenport and it was witty, charming and just downright BRILLIANT! I really enjoyed the concept of an Ex-Nun trying to find herself in a whole new world. Writing style had me hooked from the first chapter and the characters had me charmed and I couldn't put the book down to see where Ryder and Sadie's story went.

Fully developed characters and dual POV, gives you an insight to Ryder and Sadie's emotions, feelings and thoughts which only adds to
M
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read by Piper Davenport/Tracey Jane Jackson. I really enjoyed it but I do prefer the Dogs of Fire series. When Ryder first meets Sadie she is Sister Abigail Eunice. She has been in the abbey since she was 8 when her parents were killed in an accident. Her only living family is the Mother at the abbey, her auntie. Ryder is searching for his missing sister and he grew up in ...more
Kerry
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I'll admit that I wasn't quite sure what to make of the title of this book, but I bought it because I just love Tracery Jane Jackson. It did not disappoint! It was really interesting to read about Sadie transitioning from a nun (the only life she has ever known but one she did not quite fit into) to the regular world. She is definitely a different kind of heroine -- smart, funny, naive, but not afraid to stand up for herself. She and Ryder definitely fit each other well. I loved Ryder's protect ...more
Kathleen
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute story - I loved the interaction between Sadie and Ryder, who are polar opposites. I must admit, however, the constant “baby” and “baby girl” talk put me on edge after a while. The MC and human trafficking storylines caught me completely off guard, but in a good way. One thing really distracted from the story, however, and that was during Ryder’s portions of the story where the tense would change mid-sentence. It’s as if Ryder’s character was originally written in third person, then changed ...more
Angie Hackett
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an ok read. I did find myself wanting to read it to the end to find out what happened. The characters were interesting and charming to a degree. The only downsides I found were it ended rather abruptly or rather the ending wound down rather quickly. It seemed the last 15% of this book was samples of two other books by this author. Occasionally it also felt like the author forgot what character she was writing the point of view from, for example, when she was writing from Ryder's po ...more
Terri Weitze
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay - total guilty pleasure reading. Thought this would be more of a mystery kind of novel - and it was, kind of, but more of a straight up romance novel (total, big strong man to the rescue stuff). The characters are not deep, not a lot of surprises, but the story itself is fun, and sometimes, you just want to put your brain on hold and enjoy some light reading. Not for kids - major sex scenes, language, some violence. more of an action story than mystery; and the action does keep going. This ...more
Tricia
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent sizzling update.

*I was given this edition free as I'd read the original written by Tracey Jane Jackson and left a review*

I love all of Tracey's books. They hint at the passion running between the couples that get together, leaving the rest up to your imagination. You don't need your imagination with this edition of A Nun. . . The passion between Sadie and Ryder explodes in print and I think it makes for a better story; seeing the chemistry in action, so to speak.
Aud
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun read… something different that is for sure.
Most of story is narrated in the first person by the lead characters Sadie and Ryder... there were some edits that got missed.. dealing with the use of correct pronouns when referring to oneself in the first person. As I was not particularly interested in the sex scenes… I just skimmed past those scenes.

note: my kindle e-reader copy has Piper Davenport as the author.. but everything else seems to fit cover is the same (except for aut
MaryLennox
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 total. 4.0 for the first 75% of the book.

I've got this author's flavor now, and I'm seeing the trend. Nothing wrong with a sweet hero but he's (b/c they're all alike) beginning to bug me with the milquetoast behavior. And why on earth do all the heroines get obsessed with wedding dresses and giant diamond rings at the end?

Either way, I did enjoy this one more than the other novels - it was better paced and fleshed out. Just really beginning to dislike the above.
Marta
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I re-red this book 2 or 3 times already!
First of all NO SPOILERS!
Call me a sap for loving MC romance novels with great characters and witty dialog :)
I love this book, starting with the title and the cover, the writing, the story,character's, the plot well I am a total fan girl basically! I will probably read it again in a year or so when I need a good pick me up :)
P.s. this would be a cute movie as well!
Lindsay Zombek
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I won't say much because this isn't really my preferred genre to begin with. Picked it because the description sounded interesting. I did finish the book, but only because I finish every book every time. I didn't like the "powerless and willing to forgive everything because he's hot" message, and the story twists got increasingly ridiculous as the story continued. Major issues treated lightly sealed the book's fate in my mind.
Gail smith
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner.

Could not put this down, from the first page to last. Great read full fun fear and love. Rude and Sadie's chemistry was brilliant. The love he show his even when he wanted to kill her for the choices she where brilliantly written into the story. Also the fear for Sadie when she was kidnapped by hi sperm diner ( the name he gave his vile Father). This is a story has it all action, love and fun.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dr. Feelgood
  • The Enemy She Knows
  • The Devil You Know
  • The Harris Men
  • MacGowan's Ghost
  • Full Figured 6
  • Mary B. Morrison Bundle: Soulmates Dissipate / Never Again Once More / Darius Jones (Soulmates Dissipate, #1-2, 8)
  • I'm Doin' Me
  • The Eleventh Commandment (Hallelujah Love #8)
  • Envy (Seven Deadly Sins #2)
  • The Spa
  • Dead Man Calling (Undertaker Mysteries #1)
  • And You Call Yourself a Christian (Still Divas #1)
  • Pecking Order
  • The Summer of Me
  • Like the First Time
  • Switched
  • The Ex-Wife

Nun-Fiction (2 books)
  • A Nun Goes to Jail (Nun-Fiction #2)