Start by marking “Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)” as Want to Read:
Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)

Junkyard Dog

(White Horse #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,570 ratings  ·  241 reviews
Angus Hayes is as mean as a junkyard dog. Well, that’s the rumor Candy Wilburn hears before taking the job as his assistant. Hayes doesn’t disappoint. He’s a giant man with a big mouth and a bigger ego. In the town of White Horse, what the gorgeous and dangerous Hayes wants, he gets. Now he wants his sassy assistant.

Candy has no doubt Hayes will make a great lover, but she
Published March 11th 2016 (first published March 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Junkyard Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Junkyard Dog

really liked it 4.00  ·

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
3.5 Stars!!

description

“Prepare myself?” I ask, laughing. “Do you mean with yoga or stretching techniques to prepare for your massive… What’s a classy word for penis? Ooh, I know, I’ll call it a super, big humdinger.”

Bijou Hunter delivered a fast-paced enjoyable read with two of the most entertaining characters I’ve read in a while. 'Junkyard Dog' was my first read by this author, but it won’t be my last. Low in angst and drama, this gem tells the story of Candy, a single mother who recently moved in to
Jen
4 Snarky Stars

“You didn’t break anything having those twins?”
“You mean my beloved children? No, I didn’t break anything. What are you getting at?”
“I’ll need to breed with a woman capable of carrying my large kid. You carried two at once so I figure you’ll do.”

Damn, the man knows how to sweet talk a lady.

I love a good "hot for your boss" romance and despite the fact that both Candy and Hayes are unlikeable to the nth degree, I whole heartedly enjoyed Junkyard Dog. Both characters gave as goo
Dilek VT
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hilarious, anti-hero
I am rarely at a loss for words and this is one of those times. I really don’t know how to describe this book. It is weird as f*ck but still very entertaining with two unusual characters as the hero and the heroine.

This is probably a book that should not be considered as romance but as the crazy and fun relationship of an anti-hero and an anti-heroine.

This is definitely not a book for everyone. So be forewarned. At the end of my review, there will be lots of quotations to give you a clear examp
Alex ♈
*** WARNING!!! ***
This review contains cursing and slightly inappropriate gifs!!!
LOL x LMAO

What did I just fucking read? *lol*
WTF??? WTFF??? LMAO!

Definitely different. Any other book and I would have stopped, but these two MCs had their chemistry and owned their dynamic.

Unapologetic, rude (both!), unethical, but still likable - from afar *lmao*

The word fuck (as a standalone and as a part of the word e.g. fucking/fucker etc.) was used 302 times.

*#* In a nutshell *#*

She wasn't 'sweet'
Ashleyjo
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it

So, this book both irritated the fuck out of me and entertained me.

What Entertained Me

The character's words made the book.

Imagine if Married with Children cast Al Bundy with...

... And Peg Bundy as....

description

... And the kids were....

description

I learned long ago not to give a flying fuck what strangers thought about me. Hell, I only mildly care what my friends think.

We need a safe word. That way, when you're feeling especially sensitive and I'm especially loud you can let me know before I end up in trouble.
Denisa
4.5 This book was like a breath of fresh air!

It's definitely something else! It's not that typical boss/employee relationship I'm used to reading. The characters were absolutely brilliant, they were witty and sarcastic and I finally found a couple who isn't afraid to say what they want and what they feel.

He's a real badass who's not afraid of hurting and killing people when need be and even more, he's not afraid to show it. Even more, he's damn smart and sarcastic and I absolutely loved him!

Sh

No Cheating Or OW/OM Drama
(view spoiler)
Isabella.R
5 Balls of Brass Stars ⭐

When you judge a book by its cover....you miss out!
I’ve looked at Junkyard Dog in passing a few times. Although the blurb has always intrigued me, the dated cover in my opinion has always put me off.
After a fellow Goodreads friend raved about this book it was time to pull my head in and try this book and I was rewarded. It took one chapter and then I was hooked.

Candy, a single mother of twins has moved to a new town and is in serious need of a job. She hears of a position
Deborah
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read 15th April 2019

Original review.

Fantastic from the first page to the last.

This is Bijou at her very best, the characters, the dialogue and the humour and it's fabulous.
Angus Hayes is a man to be afraid of and he cultivates this image but he has one problem he can't keep an assistant and so he's had to resort to temps and they're all terrified of him.
Candy Wilburn needs a job and she's not about to let Angus intimidate her and while he may be hot she's just not going there, no she's not ev
Natalie The Biblioholic
You know those books that you shouldn't like but you end up loving them? Books so vulgar and inappropriate and ridiculous that you're at once shocked and appalled and end up laughing your freaking ass off? Books that seem so real, you find it hard to let go of not just the characters but the story itself? That's this book. Junkyard Dog is a hidden gem and I'm so glad I happened across it.

“So she’s like a girl version of you.” “Yeah.” “No wonder you love her. You’ve always been arrogant,” he say
 B.E.Love
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yes, yes, and yes. I loved this book. Sometimes I feel like a broken record when writing Bijou Hunter reviews. I loved the hero, I loved the heroine. The story was amazing, of course the epilogue was amazing (we are talking about a Bijou Hunter book after all). Did I laugh, yes of course I laughed. I actually laughed out loud too many times to count. Was the hero possessive, yes wonderfully so. Was this book safe(for those safely readers) no worries lady’s. Was this book what I have come to exce ...more
Maria...
"3,5 Humdinger stars"

“Be nice to me. I’m the sweet lady attached to the vagina you enjoy pounding."
description
This book was really funny!I laughed a lot and mostly out loud and I think my neighbors didn't appreciated it very much since I live in an apartment and the walls are thin like paper!
But I had a good time so I don't give a SHIT!
description
"That's not the most important fact about me."
"What is it then?"
"I'm excellent at tolerating assholes."

description
This book was kind of different from what I usually expect when there
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, hot, and overall just a low drama read. I liked it for what it was, but I'm not so sure it'll be all that memorable in the long run. I loved their dialogue and their banter with each other-- I felt like it made the story. I haven't read dialogue like this in a long time, so I enjoyed myself reading it.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Candy and Hayes's story. They meet when Candy moves to town with her twin 9 year olds, and she gets a job as hi
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 3

★Review★

Ok, so this is sort of hard to rate.

Both the Hero and Heroine are pretty unlikeable tbh.

But as it went on, I started to enjoy it
Vintage
Thank you Goodread reviewers. I loved this funny, filthy book. Angus and Candy are selfish, shutdown jackasses of epic proportions, but very entertaining.

Not much action, not much plot other than their maneuvering for any kind of position.

I'll let their words speak for themselves....

“My mother is dead.” Hayes’s tone tells me he wants me to shut up, and I immediately know I must keep the conversation going.

“I’m sorry. My mother is dead too. Is your dad dead?”

“No.”

“Mine is. I guess that means
Naksed
Once again, Bijou Hunter gives us her unique, interesting, kick-ass characters, and some absolutely twisted and funny as hell dialogue. Regretfully, there wasn't a whole lot of plot to go along with the amazing fictional characters of Angus Hayes, the "junkyard dog" of the title or Candy Wilburn, his feisty, take-no-shit, partner in crime.

"You don't have any experience running an office."

"That's not the most important fact about me."

"What is it then?"

My brown eyes find his nearly black ones, and
My Pink Fairytales
I need to start my thanking my friend, Isabella R. for reading this one first and writing that kind of review that made me instantly pick this book to read too.

That being said, now I just have to gather all my powers to explain why I loved this book so much.
It was the first time for me, falling instantly in love with both main characters.

“I’ve only heard horrible things about Angus Hayes. He’s a ruthless man and all-around terrible person. He’s often compared to a junkyard dog.”

Also the fi
Angie H.
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Bijou book but not my last. I laughed out loud like a crazy person! :0)
The h was strong and wonderful and the H was a lovable grump.
Funda Demir
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book... ☺ it sure was different. ...more
'Q' aka CoCo
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
There really wasn't a whole lot to the plot in terms of conflict, but I loved the characters. The sex was steamy enough, and there was enough going on to hold my interest. The dialogue in this book, however, is masterfully done and had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion. That's such a rare thing for me, I couldn't fathom giving it less than four stars. I'll definitely be reading more from this author.
Kiki
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
🤷🏽♀ ...more
Cheesecake
Angus the grump and Candy the chick who gives as good as she gets.
I find it hard to believe how much I enjoyed a book that essentially has no plot whatsoever.
The book is all about the banter of this odd ball couple in the making. If you don't like the MCs in the first 10% you might as well just dnf. I, however, loved them both and enjoyed the slow building of their relationship from barely tolerating to deeply committed. (Although it probably should have been the 'other' kind of committed. lol).
Emily
Angus Hayes has a reputation of being surly, arrogant, and scary. Single mom Candy Wilburn, doesn't care she needs the job as his assistant and no matter what he says she lets it brush off of her with a snappy comeback.

Angus doesn't understand Candy, she should be quivering in fear and quitting. However, she sticks around and gives as good as she gets. Angus decides he is going to keep her, he doesn't know what to think of what he thinks are her "weird" children, but decides he will keep them t
~Kristin~
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
I enjoyed this low angst, over all pretty cute story. It was my first time reading this author, and I will read her again. My life has been pretty emotional this year and I find myself looking for books that just make me feel good and make me smile, that was what this book was. Nothing too deep, just entertainment for someone who loves to read.
Libby Harrison
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Candy): 5/5 - this name will always make me think of strippers!
Hero (Angus): 5/5 – I love a strong silent hero!
Plot: 5/5
Grovel: sort of - the hero tries hard *bless him*
Cheating: none
HEA: yes!
Triggers: none

Average score: 5/5

Best Lines: h: “Life is too short to stress others’ opinions.”

Worst Lines: H: “I don’t believe women are my equals so I will never be in a serious relationship with one of them.”

Personal Review:
T
Book-Bosomed  blog
Sep 24, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF

My patience for 'rural,' 'unprofessional,' 'guns,' and 'sexism' is at an all time low. This book has all of those things.

Moving on...

*Purchased as Amazon freebie. All reviews written by Book-Bosomed Book Blog are honest opinions. In the interest of providing unbiased book reviews and to avoid misleading other readers, it is the blog’s policy not to withhold or delay any reviews no matter the star rating.
Lori
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fucking hysterical. 4 * for the audacity of the one year anniversary gift.
Our Reviews 1 1 Apr 22, 2019 04:42AM
  • Never Ever (Perdition MC, #1)
  • The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • Honey Red
  • The Final KO (Final Love, #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Just Her Luck
  • The Taming (Black Thunder, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • Payne (House Of Payne #1)
  • Freight Trained
  • Tripp (My Way, #2)
  • Gavin's Submissives (Creek Valley, #1)
  • The Possibility of Trey (Hellion MC, #1)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Brett's Little Headaches
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series)
Author of Contemporary ~ New Adult ~ Romantic Suspense

Little Memphis MC series reading order
~ Little Memphis
~ Broken Memphis

Standalone Romances
Gator ~ a story between an assassin and the woman he claims.
Used ~ ex con biker finds love and redemption with a club girl.

I love interacting with readers. Contact me here

White Horse (4 books)
  • Bitch Slap (White Horse #2)
  • Booze O'clock (White Horse #3)
  • Brick Shithouse (White Horse #4)
“Oh, and don’t even fucking think of cheating. If I catch you cheating, I’ll cut the bitch’s face off and sew it onto your face. That way, if you want to see your bitch so much, you can just look in the mirror.” 3 likes
“CANDY: I learned long ago not to give a flying f*ck what strangers thought about me. H*ll, I only mildly care what my friends think. Life is too short to stress others’ opinions.” 2 likes