Start by marking “At Close Range (Tracers, #11)” as Want to Read:
At Close Range (Tracers, #11)

At Close Range

(Tracers #11)

New York Times bestselling author Laura Griffin “delivers the goods” (Publishers Weekly) again with the eleventh title in the gritty, heart-pounding Tracers series.

When a lakeside tryst ends in a double murder, police detective Daniele Harper arrives on the scene determined to get answers. Clues are everywhere, but nothing adds up. Dani turns to the Delphi Center crime lab
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about At Close Range, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Close Range

Melissa
Each and every book I've read in the Tracers series has been intense. Gritty. Exciting. Sexy. Unputdownable. With this latest installment, Laura Griffin has proved to me, once again, she can nail the perfect balance between taut suspense and magnetic chemistry. Each time I’m faced with the same quandary - do I devour the book in a few mere hours or drag it out and savor it? Care to guess what happened this time? To be honest, Daniele and Scott didn’t leave me much of a choice.

What I loved most
Julie
At Close Range by Laura Griffin is a 2017 Pocket Books publication.

Oh, yeah! The Tracers, baby!!

While I have enjoyed all of the books in the series that I’ve read so far, this is one of the best of Griffin's recent releases.

Dani gets her shot at being the lead detective in a double homicide, and she is experiencing a case of the nerves. But, things get even stranger when her brother’s best friend, Scott, becomes the prime suspect.

Scott is a former SEAL is adjusting to civilian life and is fi
Jonetta
Detective Daniele (Dani) Harper catches a high profile double murder and is assigned as lead even though she doesn’t have a host of experience. She holds her own and is only thrown off her balance when Delphi Center firearms expert Scott Black joins the investigation. He’s one of her brother’s best friends and very much a part of her law enforcement family but six months ago they stumbled out of the friends zone and things have been awkward since.

This was one of those cases where solid investig
♥Rachel♥
A couple is found shot and killed in the forest, and Dani finds herself heading the investigation into their deaths. The murders are high profile, but Dani finds more questions than answers as she investigates. Integral to the investigation is the Delphi Center, a forensic specialty center lending its services to the local police in cases where quick, solid answers are necessary. Scott Black, Dani’s long time unrequited crush, is the resident expert of ballistics from the Delphi Center assigned ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
The Queen of mystery and suspense has done it again!
It's criminal how good Griffin is at creating an atmosphere that not only lasts throughout a book but an entire series! If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this series. Stop. Grab book one and get ready for one of the most amazing binge read sessions you've ever had.

What more can I say? Laura Griffin is writing perfection.

KT Book Reviews
Genre: Romantic Suspense
POV: Third person, shifting
Setting: San Marcos, Texas
Overall likability of characters: 5/5

With only four homicide cases under her belt, Daniele "Dani" Harper is appointed as the lead detective on the latest homicide case to sweep through the San Marcos Police Department. A local university professor and his research assistant have been murdered and Dani plunges herself headfirst into following through with every lead.

Reading this book felt like watching a CSI Miami episo
Anita
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense
Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) provided by the Author and Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an fair and honest review. Thank you for a wonderful birthday present.

Yeah!! Scott Black, former SEAL and weapons expert, gets his own book, finally. I am so glad he didn't end up with the skank defense attorney from Exposed. I have been waiting for this book. When you follow a supporting character through several books, you think you know them. Well, be prepared to be surprised by the real Scott that w
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So damn good!
~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my favorite genre’s to read is romantic suspense. After all, you get the best of both worlds. Hot guys, sweet love, mystery, intrigue, and suspense that makes your heart pitter patter.

One thing you learn while reading in this genre is who are the authors that can bring the goods. I have read several of Laura Griffin’s books and I know she is one author I can count on for an exciting and engaging read.

The first thoughts that come to mind when I think about this book
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.25 Suspenseful Stars

This was my first Laura Griffin book and it won’t be my last. If you are into suspenseful, totally shocking, didn’t see it coming kind of read, then At Close Range is for you.

I love suspenseful books, the more mysterious the better in my opinion and At Close Range hit all the right spots for me. I felt like I was watching a murder mystery on TV. The book is well written, the characters are very developed and I was just sucked into the plot.

This isn’t a super romance book, B
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Laura Griffin is one of my favorite authors and I've read almost every single one of her books. I'm now starting to re-read them. Part of why I like her books so much is that she has found a nice balance between providing a well written suspense plot and providing a good group of characters that you like reading about. I love the setting of the Delphi Center and the law enforcement groups working with them.

I was really excited about At Close Range and was really happy when I received the book vi
Jay Crownover
Jan 31, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017
she's one of my top faves. this is hands down my fave romantic suspense series.
Anita
Tracers is one of my favorite crime thriller slash romantic suspense series.  While a lot of Laura Griffin's earlier work wasn't to my liking, I found that I slowly started becoming hooked to her Tracers series, and before I knew it, I'd read every single book available.

Now I devour each book as they are published and look forward to the next, as well as keeping tabs on other projects Griffin may be creating.

Granted, every so often, one of her books will come off as a regurgitation of something
Saly
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, I took a break from RS books and even this series (have missed a couple of books in between) and am so glad I did. I totally loved this book, the characters, the romance, the investigation- all of it and I am so going to go back and read the books I have missed. I do remember Scott from other books and loved reading about Ric and Mia again.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5; 4 stars; A-

Laura Griffin usually writes pretty darned good romantic suspense. This one was a good addition to the Tracers series. I was glad to see Scott Black find something to smile about.
Manda Collins
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yessssss!!! Scott Black gets his own book!!! Yay!!! (I am maybe more excited about this than I should be!)

And it was as good as I'd hoped. More closer to release date!
Brandie
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So damn good! I love this series.
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
Loooooved this one. Great series.

Review coming
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
When a young couple is found murdered, by the lake, Daniele Harper is brought in as the head police detective to discover what really happened. She is determined to find the answers to a double homicide, that doesn't quite make sense. There are clues in random places and when her brothers best friend, the Chief firearms examiner is implicated in it, Daniele has just realized how much harder it is going to be. Because she has e
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided via NetGalley and Tasty Book Tours***

4.5 Stars

As with all of Laura Griffin's books, I was really looking forward to reading this title, and it did not disappoint.

Daniele and Scott were great. I thought the balance with their relationship, the draw they had to one another, and the suspense was perfect. It is tough to make this work, to let the romance be enhanced by the suspense, and there is a reason there are 11 of these books...it is because Laura Griffin has this handled well.
Scarlett Se Leva
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-reads
Get ready for a THRILLING ride…
The first three minutes will leave you gasping and wanting more, more and more. What happens next??? I felt like I was watching a mystery movie. From the first two pages, I was caught. I started yelling RUN, RUN, RUN… Don’t you hear me!!!
The book is very well written. The descriptiveness of it created a beautiful visual that will keep you enthralled. I became so involved, I started writing down clues to see if I would be able to solve the mystery. I was captivated
Dawn ♥ romance
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Another good romantic suspense in this series with lots of action and a complex case to unravel. It had a interesting twist with the hero's role. Again in this Tracers book I found the romance weak but the exciting plot compensates. Ex-SEAL now ballistics expert Scott is called in to examine bullets in a case where police officer Dani is assigned lead investigator.
Lisa Filipe
Laura Griffin's AT CLOSE RANGE is a captivating and thrilling roller coaster of a ride with so many twist and turns...I NEVER wanted to get off!

AT CLOSE RANGE kicks off with Dani Harper, a new detective from a law enforcement family, and on of our favorite characters, Scott Black happens to be the best friend of one of her older brothers. She's known Scott for the last 15 years, and she hadn't seen him since a wild and unexpected New Years Eve kiss the two shared a few months ago.

I think one o
Danielle
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
AT CLOSE RANGE is the 11th book in the Tracers series and it was everything I expected from Griffin and more. Her heart stopping series is full of action, sexy and keeps me coming back for more every single time.

Dani and Scott had chemistry from the very beginning. I love the trope of falling in love with your best friends sister and Griffin not only gave them a HEA but she gave them just enough drama that kept me on the edge of my seat. Dani had been crushing on Scott for a long time and frank
Farah
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
👏 👏 👏, another hit by Ms.Griffin, this lady can't do wrong, hmm maybe she can if she writes cooking books because her leading characters hardly eat+they don't like getting medical treatment.
Okay, back to this. This is my third book of hers and this is the first book that the heroine shares with us that she has serious feelings towards the hero from the start. As for the hero, hard to like him at first because:
a. Does he want more with the Dani or
z. He just wants to have a great time without com
Caz
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B+ at AAR, so 4.5 stars

Although At Close Range is the eleventh book in Laura Griffin’s Tracers  series, I didn’t feel as though I’d missed out by not having read the previous ten books.  Information about the Tracers themselves and the highly advanced forensic facility at which they work is disseminated quickly and without getting bogged down in too much detail; and even though some characters from the earlier novels make appearances, they are here as secondary characters and
Grace
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
While this is book 11 in the series, it is only the second book from the author that I've read (it's worth noting that I wasn't lost in the series, as each book is a different couple). Like the previous book I read, Deep Dark, this story involves characters from the police force and the Delphi Center, a laborartory of foresic specialists.

As a fan of romantic suspense, what I have loved about this author is the depth and complexity of her storylines. This story kicks off with what seemed like a r
Cheryl
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the latest book in this series. Which just happens to be one of my favorite current series. As a mystery and romantic mystery fan, you will enjoy this series as well. The best part is that the books can be read as stand alone novels. Yes, some of the relationships and past events may carry over to the nest book but nothing that would cause a new reader to have issues following along.

I honestly could not figure out the motive for the killings. This is a good problem to have as a fan of m
RachelW (BamaGal)
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Detective Dani Harper is investigating a double murder and the convoluted mystery behind the deaths. She pulls in the 'Tracers' at the Delphi Center crime lab for help. This puts her in close contact with Scott Black, Delphi's ballistic expert. Dani has known Scott since she was a girl, but her feelings for him have grown over the years...and now they have been thrown together for a case.

Griffin is an excellent author, and "Tracers" is one of the best RS series currently being written. As always
Dísir
The Tracers series has been either a hit or miss for me and while I don’t think any has quite reached the heights of ‘Scorched’ or ‘Beyond Limits’, ‘At Close Range’ comes quite close. The heart-pounding action is the book’s main draw, as is the strong focus on a likeable, strong female protagonist with admirable strength and fortitude, with a side of the romance that unfortunately paled in comparison to the layered but intelligent case Laura Griffin has built in this story.

Yet the story takes o
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Tracers series. At Close Range is another great addition to the series. There is a really well written mystery with lots of red herrings. The murder mystery is hands down the most intriguing and satisfying aspect to the story.

Dani is a detective who has just been made the lead on a very high profile double murder case. Scott is a ballistics specialist at the nearby Delphi center. Scott is called in to work on the murder case and examine the ballistics. Through seve
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question B 7 7 Dec 16, 2018 12:14PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * At Close Range by Laura Griffin 5 7 Dec 16, 2018 11:02AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question D 3 4 Feb 23, 2018 03:37PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 2 4 Feb 23, 2018 08:43AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question F 2 4 Feb 23, 2018 08:41AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question N 1 4 Feb 23, 2018 06:21AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 1 4 Feb 23, 2018 06:20AM
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
  • Every Dark Corner (Romantic Suspense, #18; Cincinnati, #3)
  • Taken (LOST, #5)
  • The Thing About Love
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Echoes in Death (In Death, #44)
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • Bad Romance
  • Night Watch (Kendra Michaels, #4)
  • Blackthorne's Bride (Mail-Order Brides #4)
  • Profile of Retribution (Profile, #3)
  • Lightning Bay
  • Wired (Buchanan-Renard, #13)
  • Billionaire on the Loose (Billionaires and Bridesmaids, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laura Griffin started her career in journalism before venturing into the world of writing romantic suspense. Her books have won numerous awards, including two RITA Awards (for Scorched and Whisper of Warning) and a Daphne du Maurier Award (Untraceable). Laura currently lives in Austin where she is working on her next book.

Series:
* Tracers
* Moreno and

Tracers (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Untraceable (Tracers, #1)
  • Unspeakable (Tracers, #2)
  • Unforgivable (Tracers #3)
  • Snapped (Tracers #4)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Scorched (Tracers #6)
  • Exposed (Tracers #7)
  • Beyond Limits (Tracers, #8)
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
  • Deep Dark (Tracers, #10)
“had a rough” 0 likes
“SEALs did some of their best work in the dark—and that wasn’t just a pickup line. The” 0 likes