Start by marking “The Hall of Heroes (Star Trek: Prey #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hall of Heroes (Star Trek: Prey #3)

The Hall of Heroes

(Star Trek: Prey #3)

Continuing the milestone 50th anniversary celebration of Star Trek—an epic new trilogy that stretches from the events of The Original Series movie The Search for Spock to The Next Generation!

The Klingon Empire stands on the precipice. In the wake of violence from the cult known as the Unsung, paranoia threatens to break Chancellor Martok’s regime. Klingons increasingly call for a
Mass Market Paperback, 387 pages
Published December 2016 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published November 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Hall of Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hall of Heroes

Start your review of The Hall of Heroes (Star Trek: Prey #3)
Jerry
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fitting conclusion to the trilogy. I enjoyed it/
Tad
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, audio, sci-fi
The Hall of Heroes brings to a conclusion the trilogy, Star Trek: Prey, and it is every bit as entertaining as the first two volumes. Events in the first two books have left the Klingon Empire in turmoil and its alliance with the Federation hanging by a thread. Korgh continues his manipulation of events aimed at toppling Chancellor Martok’s leadership and ending the Empire’s relationship with the Federation. But what remains of the Unsung have slipped from Korgh’s grasp. And other enemies of the ...more
Dan
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek, tng
The end of the Prey trilogy, and the final part of this novel in particular, are supremely satisfying. I feel like it would be difficult to craft an ending that sufficiently matches the high notes of the previous two books, but John Jackson Miller has accomplished that and more. The Hall of Heroes is the highlight of an already great trilogy, a wonderful celebration of 50 years of Star Trek. These books were a lot of fun to read, and I look forward to seeing where both the shared continuity and ...more
Christopher Backa
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the 3 books and the conclusion was satisfactory. The books play out like a multi part episode of TNG
Andy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worthy finale to the trio.
Jason Werden
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fantastic!
Kristen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi, star-trek
My Blog | My Twitter

The final installment in Miller’s Klingon trilogy was a great read. In this, Korgh’s plotting of nearly 100 years is unraveling around him and he scrambles to keep his plans intact. Starfleet is working closely with an old enemy, Ardra, to find the truthweavers, the illusionists who are responsible for misleading the Unsung as well as a variety of other races. They have also brought the Kinshaya to the brink of war with the Klingon Empire because of Shift, an Orion woman now wo
Derek Allen
Okay finishing this book accomplished two things. First it was the end of a very good series. Just like in Star Trek: Legacies you meet some great characters, and are reaquainted with many characters you know from all over the Trekverse. Just to name a few from the entire three book series.

Ambassador Spock, Commander Tovak, Admiral Rikker, Captain Esri Dax, Kaless the Unforgettable, Captain Kirk, Captain Sulu, Commander Rand, Chancellor Martok, and a host of others. I was very surprised to lear
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. All three books were action packed with great character build up and interactions. The Hall of Heroes was a fantastic conclusion with plenty of adventure. Author John Jackson Miller really knows the classic characters and serves them well in the story while also creating new interesting characters. I also loved that the humor typical of Star Trek has been kept into place. It’s nice to have a light moment between action sequences. The ending of the story left it ope ...more
Robert D
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the third and last book in a series utilizing the broad canvas of the Star Trek universe, set in the 'current-time line' of the Star Trek novels, and the story itself is a broad canvas. That said the concept is to explore part of the Klingon culture and still create a story using standard Star Trek characters. Because of the way it is built, the story/chapters jump between events in the Klingon universe, some crossover between the Enterprise-E, and Titan.

The tale is really trying to the
Dennis Keithly
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion.

The Hall of Heroes brings John Jackson Miller’s Prey trilogy to a close. This final entry was both satisfying and exciting. Star Trek fans should really enjoy it, especially Klingon fans. For the most part, I found the book accessible. I knew many of the events referenced from the various television series and movies. However, it seemed like there were many references that only the most devoted of die hard fans would get. Like I said, you can enjoy this book without knowing
Justin
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really was fantastic. I was impressed by the absolute Star Trek feel of it. The focus on the Klingon honor system was spot on and the inclusion of so many familiar and well known faces was great throughout the series.

Seeing Tuvok, Ezri Dax, Picard, Riker and Worf made it a lot of fun.

I was especially touched by the entire trial of the Unsung. The way that was handled was impressive.

I highly recommend this book and series to Star Trek fans. You can’t go wrong. I
Jeremy Bonnette
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The final book in the trilogy had a few moments early on that were slow, but after the halfway point, things picked up nicely. I really enjoyed the joint efforts of the three major ships and crews here. I wish there had been more of that, but since this was a Klingon-focused story, I had to take what I got. Miller's writing throughout the trilogy has been solid and I will certainly check out future Star Trek books that he may write.

3.8 out 5 stars
Zachary
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful end to an exciting trilogy. It really felt like I was reading a tightly plotted season of cross-over Trek TV show.This 3rd book took a little while to get going, but the last third of the novel was all out insanity, and I loved it. Looking forward to audiobooking this with my family this summer on our road trip.
Melvin Patterson
Awesome Trilogy

Now this was a Star Trek series. Lots of action, intrigue, suspense. Why can't the movies get this formula? The story spans two generations and characters from across the spectrum of Trek series. And I have to admit, I love pretty much everything that has Klingons in it. Great finish to the series.
Christopher Lutz
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall a good trilogy that spanned a century of Star Trek lore. As a 50th Anniversary story it cleverly intertwined elements from across most of the franchise, specifically Star Trek 3 and TNG. It dragged here and there and maybe would’ve been better served as a slightly trimmed down duology, but it was certainly worth reading. It helps to pass the time until the new Picard series debuts.
Apostolos
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matthew Greig
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

This book was well written and very enjoyable. The author captured the spirit of so many well known characters and blended them with several new and interesting ones.
Aron
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: st-tng
Absolutely fantastic. I thought Vol. 1 & 2 were good, solid 4 star books but Vol. 3 was on another level. I expected I would enjoy it, but wow, I was blown away. I thought Kahless really shined & Worf had some great moments too. Great story & characterization & I highly recommend.
Eddie
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek, 2019
The 5 stars is for all three books, just excellent. "I am Worf, son of Morg,of Starfleet. You know what I am." I just saw Mr. Dorn saying that line and gave a big smile. Everything wrapped up so well.
Jacob
Superb

Very dense, very long, may require reading the trilogy twice to catch everything: especially the orbital and space battles. Would recommend reading The Takedown Incident, prior or something immediately after, because events of that story are highly referenced.
Lizzie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
An excellent trilogy with the 3rd book as exciting and as well-written as the first, bringing every plot line to a satisfactory conclusion.
Elliot Weeks
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong finish to a fun trilogy!
Preston Pendergraft
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Overall I liked the book. But I was very disappointed by some gendered language at one. Overall a good story with a good conclusion. The gendered language gets a star knocked off.
Tina Jensen
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, novel
This trilogy is amazingly good :)
Alan
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
The whole series was great. Sometimes bringing up old episodes and story lines can feel forced, but I thought they all tied well together in a really creative way.
Aziz Sihweil
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular trilogy, the author did a wonderful job of concocting a story that successfully tied in almost all of the Star Trek franchises. This Trilogy could legitimately be a movie.
Gail Gawlik
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A nice finish to this trilogy. Miller has a nice feel for the Star Trek universe and his writing has an authentic feel.
Abhinav
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
You can read the full review over at my blog:

The period from 2016-2017 has been a banner year for the Star Trek franchise. A new Kelvin-verse (aka Abramsverse) movie, a new Star Trek show, new comics, and even two new book trilogies that celebrated fifty years of the franchise. The first of the latter, the Legacies trilogy that charted some of the ad
Stephen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With the first book, Hell’s Heart, John Jackson Miller kicked off a really fun and compelling story driven by the Klingons. In the second book, The Jackal’s Trick, things got more interesting as the illusionist aspect of the story was explored. The third and final book, The Hall of Heroes, brings it all together with one final push from the villains and a final redemption for the heroes. It pulls in surprises and some crafty character turns to wrap this series up on a high note.

To ra
Goodreads Librari...: Corrections 3 15 Oct 22, 2018 08:10AM

• Headlong Flight
  • Hearts and Minds
  • Enigma Tales
  • Control (Star Trek: Section 31)
  • Fortune of War
  • The Face of the Unknown (Star Trek: The Original Series)
  • The Long Mirage
  • Original Sin
  • Sight Unseen (Star Trek: Titan)
  • Architects of Infinity
  • Force and Motion
  • I, The Constable (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Captain to Captain (Star Trek: Legacies #1)
  • The Way To The Stars
  • Purgatory's Key (Star Trek: Legacies #3)
  • Desperate Hours (Star Trek: Discovery #1)
  • Best Defense (Star Trek: Legacies #2)
  • Available Light
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive Kindle serial will be collected in ...more

Star Trek: Prey (3 books)
  • Hell's Heart (Star Trek: Prey #1)
  • The Jackal's Trick (Star Trek: Prey #2)