Start by marking “Lost in Translation” as Want to Read:
Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Kathryn and Jarrikk-she a human translator and he is a S'sinn translator-had every reason to hate one another. Yet only by working together do they stand any chance of averting interstellar war.
Published October 3rd 2006 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Translation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Translation

Army of Penguins
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I picked this book up from my comic shop's bargain bin along with some others because I had been in one of my "I have no idea what to read next..." phases. And... for the first time in years, I had serious trouble putting a book down. Even when I finally went to bed (laaate), my brain went "...another chapter wouldn't hurt, would it?"

In a way, this is "classic" science fiction. You got aliens, distant planets, spaceships, war, diplomacy, all the good stuff. The plot keeps moving at a nice pace,
Robert Runte
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian-sf-f
Review Circa 2007
Edward Willett has been publishing nonfiction and award-winning SF for young adults through various small presses for years, but Lost in Translation is his first mass market SF paperback release, so for most readers he will appear as a new author. And a very fine discovery he is!

The book opens on the doomed attempts to negotiate a peace treaty with the S'sinn, a species of demon-like aliens who are determined to eliminate humanity, and then quickly flashes back to the experie
Janet Ursel
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Given a decent dead spot, I would have put it down for the night, but I didn't really get one. The plot twists and turns through personal intrigues, political intrigues, spatiopolitical intrigues...

All in all, a good entertaining read with substance to it.

Complete review here
Bryan
Jan 23, 2010 marked it as owned-unread
Shelves: sf
Bought this ebook at fictionwise, but the publisher decided they wanted more money. Fictionwise refunded my money.
Mareklamo
Jan 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sff
The story had potential, but the main characters were annoying Special People.
Brownbetty
Feb 22, 2008 rated it it was ok
Oh, man, this book is dum. So dumb it doesn't merit a terminal b. Some 80% of the plot is clearly happening only because there's an author in the sky moving the figurines around.
E.C. Blake
Lori Mason
Mar 08, 2008
Haydn
Jun 13, 2011
Edward Willett is an award-winning author of science fiction, fantasy and non-fiction for both children and adults.

Born in Silver City, New Mexico, Willett lived in Bayard, New Mexico and Lubbock and Tulia, Texas, before moving to Weyburn, Saskatchewan with his family when he was eight years old.

He studied journalism at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, then returned to Weyburn as a reporter
More about Edward Willett...