Start by marking “Paris for One and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Paris for One and Other Stories

Paris for One and Other Stories

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  19,994 ratings  ·  2,355 reviews
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Me Before You and After You, Paris for One and Other Stories is an irresistibly romantic collection filled with humor and heart.

"A vicarious jolt of Parisian romance. . . Delightful." -People Magazine

"An old-fashioned, feel-good love story. . . It's as if Moyes has booked a vacation and is taking us along. To Paris. Amour
Published October 18th 2016 by Pamela Dorman Books

To ask other readers questions about Paris for One and Other Stories, please sign up.
Margaret Paris for One is the longest story and the most interesting. The other stories are not memorable. The main character in Paris for One is a lot like…moreParis for One is the longest story and the most interesting. The other stories are not memorable. The main character in Paris for One is a lot like Louisa Clark.(less)

·  19,994 ratings  ·  2,355 reviews

Jonetta
This book has nine stories about troubled relationships from the perspectives of the women in each. The first, Paris for One, is the length of a novella while the others are all short stories. I liked some more than others but really enjoyed them collectively. The narration performances were outstanding and contributed greatly to my overall reading experience. Below are short summaries of each with my reactions.

Paris for One
Nell and her boyfriend Pete are off for a weekend in Paris, or so she t
Irena
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Paris for One is collection of two novellas and 9 short stories.

My favorite story (or I should say novella) was Honeymoon in Paris. It is a standalone novella, but is also connected to Moyes' full lenght novel The Girl You Left Behind. 80 pages long, the story follows two couples placed in different time, separated by 80 years, who's stories together make a whole. Even though I really liked it, I think I would appreciate it even more if I have read the novel.

Paris for One is second best in this
Paris for One and Other Stories is a collection of short stories written by Jojo Moyes. In my opinion, most all of the stories are entertaining and engaging, although some were more enjoyable than others for me personally. Fans of women's fiction will surely be able to connect with a few if not most of the pieces. It's a great collection. Check it out!

Paris for One and Other Stories includes the following titles. The ratings and mini reviews are based on my personal enjoyment and reflect my opin
I originally read Paris for One about 2 years ago. I rated it 4 stars and I thought it was a good short story. I was impressed by the fact that it focused more on a connection between two people rather than force some kind of insta-love. I didn't enjoy it as much this time, I don't know if that is to do with the fact that my tastes have changed or because I wasn't reading it for the first time. I think it was the former and I do think my tastes have changed slightly, but I rated it 3.5 stars thi ...more
Carmen de la Rosa
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
París para una y otras historias es una colección de cuentos de Jojo Moyes. A lo largo de este último años he leído la mayoría de sus novelas y cada novela es única y siempre me cuesta calificarlas. Los personajes principales son siempre interesantes, los elementos románticos son tiernos y cargados emocionalmente y las mujeres bien construidas; cada una de las mujeres de las historias eran memorables, interesantes y únicas.

París para uno 5 estrellas
Es el primer libro de esta colección y ocupa la
Connie
Jojo Moyes is known for her engaging books that look at romantic relationships with insight and humor. This is a collection of nine contemporary stories. After reading weeks of depressing political commentary in the newspapers lately, it was fun to escape to this light, entertaining book. It was just what I needed!
Dash fan
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4☆ Great collection of short stories

This is my first book by Jojo it was a fun read with some great stories.

Each short story is very different.
However they feature romance, some humour, breakups, secret love affairs, a little mystery and lots of different emotions.

They give a portrayal of life and the problems women face within marriage and relationships. Not every story is written with a happy ending.

Paris for one is the main story and it literally is what it says.... Nell embarks on a trip wit
Vanessa
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads, library
Last summer, I attempted to read my first Jojo Moyes' book, Windfallen, and quit after about 60 pages in because of the writing style. I decided to give her writing another go with Paris for One and Other Stories, but, sadly, I felt much the same about these short stories. I enjoyed Paris for One fairly well, but the other stories were somewhat irritating and forgettable. I was hoping I'd like this more, and I still plan to read Me Before You and After You, but this was a miss for me.
Maria Sol
RELECTURA

La historia de Nell y Fabien es muy linda!!!
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Paris for One and Other Stories was a charming and touching collection of short stories involving troubled relationships. Each story had such a strong and dynamic voice. I felt like each narrator was so distinct and well developed for having such short stories. I loved the way the author wrote the stories and how each story was unique and memorable. I knew I loved JoJo's writing style, but this book just reminded me of how much I truly loved it! I liked some of the stories more than others, but ...more
Jano
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reseña completa en: http://elcaosliterario.blogspot.com.e...

El primer relato y más extenso, cuenta una historia bastante original y dinámica en la que no dejan de suceder cosas y atrapa desde el primer capítulo. Quizá su corta extensión sea el principal motivo de que todo avance a un buen ritmo. En este relato se mezcla el romanticismo con algo de humor en ciertos momentos que hacen de él una mezcla bastante interesante.

El segundo gran relato (después de varios cortos) nos muestra dos historias
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

'Paris for One and Other Stories,' is a collection of eleven romantic shorts with JoJo Moyes the headline author and writer of the main title. Paris for One offers easy, light romantic reading and is my first outing with this author. I was highly anticipating that I would enjoy the writing style but unfortunately, for my personal taste, it was lacking the power in the prose to engage my attention or convincingly draw me into the story. I found myself disengaged from the characters and felt some
Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't usually like short stories, but this collection was very enjoyable.
It was satisfying to read the stories during my commute to work. The book ended appropriately with a short Christmas story. Total chick lit, but good!
Aleri
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jojo siempre tan genial
Flor
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rc2019, aÑo-nuevo
5 estrellas para “París para uno”, que me ha dejado encantada y con unas ganas inmensas de ir a París.

Le bajo una estrella por los demás relatos, los que no me parecieron del todo geniales.

Pero para mí siempre es un gusto leer a esta autora!! 😍

Toyni Erica - Queenoftales
Easy, fun read.. Makes me want to drop everything and go to Paris!
Kirsten
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author. This book starts with the novella Paris for One - I think of it as a novella as most short stories don't have chapters.

I really liked Paris for One. The writing is so open and engaging that I read this novella of 100+ pages in one sitting. Great female characters and not all the men were worthless. Very enjoyable.

The other stories in the collection are darling. Some remind me of stories by O. Henry. The women are very real. The stories are lighthearted with
Maria Sol
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Lindo relato corto, me hubiera gustado saber un poco más porque la historia que cuenta, si bien, es bastante típica, esta linda!
Cece
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lecturas-2017
No sé como he sido capaz de terminar esto. Al principio estaba haciendo reseñas individuales de cada relato, hasta que me di cuenta que era estúpido. El único que se salva es el primer relato, el resto no son más que mujeres inseguras haciendo algo. Algo estúpido, generalmente. O algo irreal, que no ocurriría jamás. Ah, o arrastrándose detrás de sus novios/maridos.
Juan Vorágine
3,5

París para uno y otras historias es Jojo Moyes en estado puro, y creo que no hay mejor alago que ese. Pese a que me ha faltado más de algunas historias, ha sido una muy buena lectura si lo analizo desde una visión global.

Sophia
This was my first encounter with JoJo Moyes writing and I have to confess that I was somewhat reluctant after reading all the angsty and teary-eyed reviews of Me Before You. I'm a chicken about really heartwrenching stories so I held back. But then I spotted this short story collection and thought it might be safe enough.

Well, I made a good call I think, but not because Paris For One was devoid of angst. No, this was a fantastic collection that gave me an idea of the writing gift the author dis
Ana M.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nueve historias cortas cuyo punto en común es el amor. Cada una de las historias trata sobre uno de ellos: desamor, infidelidad, problemas de recién casados... aunque sinceramente parece que la infidelidad es una constante en este libro. Hay dos historias un poco más largas, una de ellas la que pone el título a esta novela y mi favorita. Dulce, tierna y con toques de humor, ha sido sin duda la que más he disfrutado. Para los que os apetezca leer algo ligero, con historias cortas para pasar el ra ...more
Angie Elle
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC from the publisher.

If I was rating this book just on the short story Paris for One, it would easily be four stars. While I really enjoyed Nell’s story, I did find the synopsis to be a bit misleading. Nell doesn’t take the plunge and go on her mini-vacation alone. She heads to Paris assuming her boyfriend will be arriving shortly thereafter. He doesn’t show up, and through a series of events, she finds herself staying in Paris (as the title suggests,) alone. I found it really easy to
Coryanne Hicks
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: light-hearted
This is the sign of authorial success: Being allowed to publish a bunch of stories you wrote during puberty and having it sell well.

Under-edited and under-whelming, Paris for One & Other Stories definitely strikes me as the sort of slap-dash work authors often get away with publishing after becoming a success. The sort of stories that make you wonder if they were written B.S. (Before Success) or A.T.W.D (After the Wells Ran Dry). Either way, the definitely feel like a collection published so
Anita Vela
Reseña completa: http://anitavelabooks.blogspot.com.es...

París para uno y otras historias me ha dejado un poco con las ganas de leer más, pero me ha gustado, lo he disfrutado y siempre es un placer leer a Jojo Moyes, de verdad, me encanta demasiado como escribe esta mujer. En el blog os cuento más :)
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Había leído varias reseñas negativas e iba con bastante miedo pero la verdad es que me he llevado una sorpresa enorme, porque ne ha encantado! Mucha variedad de relatos (dos largos y el rrsto bastante breves) que además de hacernos viajar a diferentes lugares nos traen una gran varoedad de personajes y skbre todo una gran varoedad de tipos de amor (desde el más tóxico al más sano). Y de hecho, se podría decirse que me han gustados absolutamente todos los relatos, algo que nunca antes me habia pa ...more
Judy Collins
A special thank you Penguin/Viking and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

JoJo Moyes returns following After You (Me Before You, #2) with a romantic and entertaining novella PARIS FOR ONE AND OTHER STORIES.

A Parisian Holiday Delight!

Nell is excited while waiting to take the train to highly-anticipated Paris when texting her boyfriend. He is not going to make it! He will meet up with her later (possibly). Shocked and angry, this was supposed to be a romantic getaway and h
Zoe Mann
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Paris for One and Other Stories by Jojo Moyes - 2 stars.

Let me start by saying I ADORE Jojo Moyes and this is the main reason I requested this ARC when I am not a fan of short stories. If anyone could whisk me away into another world with few words it would be Moyes, unfortunately even she could not make this happen.

Some of the short stories I didn't understand and others left me feeling "bleugh" or were very bland. Only one managed to capture my attention and draw me to the characters and tha
Ann
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. It's the first collection of short stories that I've loved every story. Jojo Moyes outdoes herself with this novella and and 8 short stories. The novella, Paris for One is great, about a young woman discovering she can be responsible for her own happiness and doesn't need to kowtow to a boyfriend who thinks only of himself. All the others are quick reads that are all about being happy. Great read and will be a perfect stocking stuffer since it's due out mid-October.
C
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En general, me ha gustado mucho. Consta de 11 relatos, todos cortitos menos el primero que es más largo y que ha sido el que más he disfrutado. Un libro muy entretenido, bonito, ligero y fácil de leer.
  • The Rose (The Red, #2)
  • Moonlight Plains
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas, #3)
  • Scar
  • One Sunday Morning: A Novel
  • Where'd You Go, Bernadette
  • Almost Famous (Screenplays)
  • Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)
  • The Art of Not Having it All: One Woman's Guide to Love, Men, and Other Everyday Disasters
  • Sorcerers & Secretaries, Vol. 2 (Sorcerers & Secretaries, #2)
  • The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
  • The Happy Home for Broken Hearts
  • Dating101: Your Guide to Avoiding Disastrous Relationships
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • Spike: Into The Light
  • The Dance Before Christmas (The Lady Travelers Society #2.5)
  • We'll Always Have Paris
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar