Start by marking “Hide and Seek (Helen Grace, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek (Helen Grace, #6)

Hide and Seek

(Helen Grace #6)

Prison is no place for a detective
Helen Grace was one of the country's best police investigators.
Now she's behind bars with the killers she caught.

Framed for murder
She knows there is only way out:
stay alive until her trial and somehow prove her innocence.

Locked up with a killer
But when a mutilated body is found in the cell next door,
Helen fears her days are numbered.

A m
Published October 25th 2016 by Michael Joseph (first published September 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.
Lewis Isaac I would recommend reading at least the previous book, little boy blue as that sets up the storyline for hide and seek. I hope you enjoy the book.

Kaceey - Traveling Sister
4.5*
A fall from Grace.......

Helen is fighting for her reputation, her freedom and oh yes…her life!
Her immediate dilemma? How exactly is she supposed to find a killer from within prison walls?
This was a fast paced addition to what is now one of my favorite series.
All your favorite characters are back, including Helen and Charlie. As well as some of your not so favorites.

It’s up to Charlie to find Helen’s nephew before it’s too late. Now without Helen leading the way, it’s Charlie’s turn to go
Susanne Strong
4.5 Stars* (rounded up)

My Oh My! “Hide and Seek” is One Heck of a Heart Stopping Mystery/Suspense Novel!

M. J. Arlidge knocked my socks off with this one guys and gals.
Detective Inspector Helen Grace is trapped. In the worst way possible. She’s imprisoned, actually. And believe it or not, she’s actually innocent. The real culprit? Her own brother. He framed her. If that doesn’t suck, I don’t know what does.

For DI Grace, being imprisoned in Holloway is pretty bad. After all, almost everyone is
Gary
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th book in the DI Helen Grace series by author M.J. Arlidge and having already read the previous five I was quickly into it.
This novel follows on from the previous book 'Little Boy Blue' with Helen Grace getting to grips with life in Holloway Prison.. There is strong evidence to convict Helen Grace but she still insists her innocence. When Helen Grace's neighbouring cell mate is found dead with every orifice sewn up suspicion falls on her. She is determined to find out who the murde
Skyler Autumn
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

If Little Boy Blue was Helen Graces fall then Hide and Seek is her redemption. After the events of the previous novel we find Helen Grace behind bars serving a prison sentence after being framed by her own nephew for a crime she did not commit. My favourite detective meets Orange is The New Black as she attempts to keep her head down and just survive the days leading up to her trial date where she hopes she will be able to prove her innocence. Easier said then done when it soon becomes
Ammar
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This crime thriller was much better than Little Boy Blue, and it is a sequel of it. Helen Grace is in unfamiliar environment. She is part detective and part trying to find a way out.

I enjoyed how the Helen Grace is in one setting. It was a fast thriller but contained within 4 large walls.

The same old gang of Charlie and Sanderson trying to find a way to get Helen out and she is oblivious of their efforts ...

Really enjoyable and totally would recommend this series.
 Li'l Owl
'Somehow, Helen felt she was already involved in a twisted game of hide and seek with a killer who appeared able to commit murder, then vanish without a trace.'

She felt their eyes boring into her.
It had been like this ever since her arrival. Police officers sit somewhere between snitches and child killers in the prison pecking order, objects of morbid curiosity and derision. So from the gantries, the cell doorways, the serving hatches, they watched her. Former detective inspector Helen Grace was
Christine
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
AT LAST, the wait is over. If you were completely stunned by the ending in Little Boy Blue and couldn’t believe that M. J. Arlidge would be cruel enough to leave us on a cliffhanger, this will answer all of your questions. Hide and Seek starts at the point where Little Boy Blue finishes.

I don’t really want to go into what happened to Helen Grace in Little Boy Blue. This is one of those series that needs to be read spoiler free and book by book, in order. She was set up and left to take the conse
Faith
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: publisher, reviewed
This is the sixth book in the Helen Grace series, but it is the first one that I have read. Former detective inspector Helen Grace is in prison awaiting trial for three murders that she did not commit. She was framed by her nephew Robert Stonehill. The book follows two plot lines, the first is a serial killer murdering inmates in the women's prison and the second is the investigation by Helen's friend Charlie to track down Stonehill and exonerate Helen. I preferred the prison plot.

I had three m
Matt
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
After leaving readers hanging at the end of the previous novel, Arlidge offers some answers in his latest thriller. Set weeks after the events of Little Boy Blue, Helen Grace must acclimate to life behind bars in Holloway Prison, the same institution in which her sister spent years for murder. Grace professes her innocence to anyone who will listen, though the evidence is strong to convict her as a serial killer. During a routine bed-check, Grace's cell neighbour is found dead, her lips and eyes ...more
Reading.Between.Wines
4/5 ⭐

*This review, and others, can also be found on my blog: https://readingbetweenwinessite.wordp...

This book was actually kind of hard for me to rate because of an oopsies on my part. I was completely unaware that this book was part of a series when I requested it from NetGalley, and I have not read the five books before it. That may not have been a big deal, except book 5 (Little Boy Blue) was probably a pretty major piece to the majority of the plotline to this book considering this was the
Crime by the Book
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars for this fantastic series installment!! Read my full review here: http://crimebythebook.com/blog/2017/9...

WOW this book has an awesome plot twist. The beginning didn't grab me quite as much, but once the story picked up, it completely took off and I was hooked!!
Janet
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The sixth book in the series and this one follows directly on from the previous book. With Grace now in Holloway prison she is up against it as she tries to defend herself of her supposed crimes and deal with the fact that she is a police officer amongst inmates. A heady and violent mix. Her presence is not wanted by the other prisoners and Grace faces some hard times as conflict after conflict keeps coming her way. Grace's cellmate is found dead which leaves Grace determined to find out who cou ...more
Petra
Incredibly fast-paced, not quite as impactful as Little Boy Blue (must be read in order), parts of it became a bit unbelievable, but still highly entertaining.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I think this was the best yet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One thing that stands out about the writing style of M.J. Arlidge is you are very quickly connected to the story. I think this is because you actually have a series of mini chapters so the story can be can told from multiple points of view.

By using this technique, the author can keep you on your toes. A little suspense here. A little suspense there. Twists and turns all over that walk you right into the final conclusion at the very end of the bo
Best Crime Books & More
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I literally do NOT know where to start. I think the first thing I need to point out is that although some people will say this can be read as a stand alone I COMPLETELY DISAGREE! You really do need the previous book and in my opinion the whole series to really feel the impact of this latest release. We rejoin Helen Grace, except this time she is behind bars and awaiting her trial in Holloway Prison for murders that she didn't commit. That's the first thing that set my teeth on ed ...more
♥ Sandi ❣

Helen Grace, detective inspector, has found herself incarcerated in Holloway prison in the U.K. She is awaiting trial for the murder of three people. However, it was Robert Stonehill, who murdered those people in order to frame Helen. Robert Stonehill was after revenge. Helen had killed his mother, Marianne. Marianne was Helen's sister. He is Helen’s only living relative. She is his aunt.

This novel moves back and forth between Helen's incarceration and her one remaining ally, DS Charlie
Monnie
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book I've read in the author's series featuring Detective Inspector Helen Grace. Like the others, it's fast-paced and almost riveting - I'd have been quite content if I could have read the whole thing in one sitting. But truth is, I didn't actually "like" it much. Here's why: The only setting I hate more in books and motion pictures than an Afghanistan war zone is in a prison. And guess where most of the action takes place?

But that's a personal preference that shouldn't hamper
Kim (booked4life)
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-2018
4.5/5 rounded up to a 5! I have praised this series so much lately. I finished the fifth installment, Little Boy Blue, last week and immediately had to read the sixth. Good thing it was already on my shelf! I dove into Hide and Seek expecting not to put it down until I knew exactly what happened to DI Helen Grace - and this book delivers! Hide and Seek provides the suspense of a police procedural with it's own twist, making the conclusion in this book shocking yet satisfying. This book is a grea ...more
Mandy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well I really enjoyed that! Wasn't sure how it was going to work with Helen Grace being inside but Hide & Seek was probably one of my favourite books of the series. Yes, maybe a stretch of the imagination at times but isn't fact stranger than fiction so they say! Great story, interesting characters even the ones you don't like. Looking forwards to reading the next one.
The Book Review Café
This is the sixth book in the Helen Grace series and for me it was by far the best one yet, it’s a cracker and one I devoured in a day (yes it really was THAT good). In Hide And Seek the reader meets DI Helen Grace who is now an inmate of Holloway Prison, wrongly accused of murder, she finds herself behind bars along side women she has previously put away for their crimes. Despite Helen being on the wrong side of the law it doesn’t stop her investigating a series of gruesome murders that take pl ...more
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I have spent this week listening to the last three books in this series and it was marvelous. I love these books, and it was quite nice to just pick the next book when one was done. The book before this one ended with a cliffhanger which made me quite happy that I could start listening to this one directly.

A Warning, don't read this review if you don't want to know the ending of the last book!

Helen Grace is in prison, framed for murders she didn't commit and now she has to find a way to prove th
Laura/Mystery in Minutes
Please visit https://www.mysteryinminutes.com/revi... to read the complete MINM review.
With numerous red herrings, an unputdownable and powerful ending, and a twist most will not see coming, Hide and Seek is fast-paced, gritty, and highly entertaining - a terrific addition to your crime and mystery fiction reading list. Hide and Seek is the sixth installment of the recommended Helen Grace series by British author M.J. Arlidge.
Laura Rash
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better & better with each addition. This one is a little different with Helen being in prison & it spiced the storyline up a bit in that sense. Loved it!
Thanks to Gaby Young for sending me this copy across the pond!
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Helen Grace has the reputation of being one of the best detectives in the country. But after being framed for murder, she is behind bars living with some of the people she put there, trying to survive. While she counts on people on the outside working to prove her innocence, murders start happening inside. She becomes a suspect and her cop instincts come to the surface. She's in a race to find the killer before the killer finds her.

M.J. Arlidge really knows how to bring you into the world of Hel
Bookread2day
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is the very best of M. J. Arlidge. I have read a few of his books and Hide and Seek sits at the very top of my favourite so far. I am so impressed with M. J. Arlidge that I am now following him goodreads. Detective Inspector Helen Grace is sent to Holloway, she's been set up by Robert Stonehill he planted her DNA at a murder scene. How can Helen survive in Holloway when she is surrounded by crazy woman who may slit her throat? There is a monster In the high profile prison killing women in t
Πάνος Τουρλής
Η Έλεν Γκρέις στο προηγούμενο μυθιστόρημα («Στο στόμα του λύκου») παγιδεύτηκε για μια σειρά δολοφονιών που δε διέπραξε, μιας και όλο αυτό ήταν το αρρωστημένο παιχνίδι ενός ανθρώπου που τη μισούσε από πολύ παλιά! Τώρα λοιπόν είναι στη φυλακή του Χολογουέι, πολύ κοντά στο Λονδίνο, και η ζωή της έχει αλλάξει για πάντα. Είναι συγκρατούμενη με ανθρώπους που έκλεισε η ίδια στη φυλακή, είναι καινούργια τρόφιμος ΚΑΙ πρώην αστυνομικός, το όνομά της και η καριέρα της δε μετράνε για κανέναν δεσμοφύλακα ή ά ...more
Valerie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, in-de-kast
Wie niet weg is, is het zesde deel van de Helen Grace serie. Waar elk boek toch wel gelijkwaardig was in schrijfstijl, opbouw en verhaallijn was dit boek toch net even een tikkeltje anders. Helen zat zelf in de gevangenis waar ineens iemand wordt vermoord. Hierin leren we Helen nog beter kennen maar is er ook echt wel spanning aanwezig. Ik vond het jammer dat ik geen tijd had om het boek in één ruk uit te lezen, want dit vind ik er wel zo'n boek voor.
Karin Diricx
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was weer schitterend.Kan niet wachten op een vervolg als dat er nog komt.Zalige auteur.Ik had ook een andere verdachte in mijn gedachte.Dus opzet geslaagd van de schrijver 👍
Kate
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
M J Arlidge was an author I discovered part way through the DI Helen Grace series, and having enjoyed Pop Goes the Weasel I immediately sought out book 1 of the series, Eeny Meeny to start on the journey with this character properly. Since then I have eagerly bought each new addition to the series and devoured it. I would highly recommend reading the series in order.

Hide and Seek finds our protagonist Helen Grace in HMP Holloway, innocent of the crime she has been imprisoned for - murder. For Gr
Books Ever After: Wie niet weg is - Helen Grace - Vervolgdeel november 2017 57 50 Nov 20, 2017 01:20PM
  • Den stumma flickan (Sebastian Bergman, #4)
  • De mythe van Methusalem (Thomas Berg, #7)
  • De vlinder en de storm (Hartland trilogy, #1)
  • The Devil's Colony
  • Later als ik dood ben
  • A Célula Adormecida
  • Gallery of the Dead (Robert Hunter, #9)
  • Quieter Than Killing (DI Marnie Rome, #4)
  • Tweestrijd
  • In Tenebris (La trilogie du Mal, #2)
  • The Truth Will Out (DCI Helen Lavery #2)
  • Aan niemand vertellen (Lois Elzinga, #1)
  • The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • A Boa Filha
  • Empty Nets and Promises
  • De kraamhulp
  • Hangman (Fawkes and Baxter #2)
  • Ritueel (De Noordzeemoorden #3)
M.J. Arlidge has worked in television for the last 15 years, specialising in high end drama production. Arlidge has produced a number of prime-time crime serials for ITV In the last five years, and is currently working on a major adaptation of The Last of the Mohicans for the BBC.

Helen Grace (8 books)
  • Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1)
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Helen Grace, #2)
  • The Doll's House (Helen Grace, #3)
  • Liar Liar (Helen Grace, #4)
  • Little Boy Blue (Helen Grace, #5)
  • Love Me Not (Helen Grace, #7)
  • Down to the Woods (Helen Grace #8)
“It is amazing what hate can do.” 0 likes
“No question, life never fails to surprise you. You really do find kindness in the strangest places.” 0 likes