Start by marking “Looking Inside” as Want to Read:
Looking Inside

Looking Inside

The New York Times bestselling author who brought you Glow, Glimmer, and The Affair is back with a new novel that will have you leaving the curtains open.

Published November 1st 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Looking Inside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking Inside

Start your review of Looking Inside
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Looking Inside (stand-alone). Museum librarian sets out to seduce the stranger she’s been obsessing over!

“For the first time in her life, she wasn’t wearing any underwear in public, but the sexual charge she experiences was shockingly strong.”

Looking Inside (stand-alone) is a story centered around voyeurism. It’s a journey that museum librarian Eleanor Briggs, Nora embarks on after looking inside the bedroom of a handsome stranger in the building next door.

She w
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I have used this pic before but it's just so purrfect for this book, I can't NOT use it.

➦Because, seriously, the heroine here is obsessed with watching a guy in the building opposite hers engage in all kinds of sexy times. And he is nothing like this dude here

➦Good for us, because this makes for a great story :D For everyone who loves erotica and voyeurism/exhibitionism this book is hot hot hot! I did also enjoy the character development here so it wasn't all sex on top of sex. This was more ab
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
She’d fantasized incessantly about what it would be like to be with him. But she hadn’t prepared herself to be owned by him.

Why have I not read more books by this author? I've enjoyed the few that I've read so I'm not sure what the answer to that question is, but I know I'll be rectifying that mistake immediately! I love a romance that's set in my hometown of Chicago, especially one that's as vivid as this one. I could practically see everything described in my mind's eye as I
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳Beth Kery is back, and she is back with a better outlook to her writing because... DAAAYUUMM! This story is one of the lost emotionally, erotic, masterpiece of work that I have read in a very long time... Ever since Fifty Shades I haven't read anything that is close to the BDSM environment that is connected so artfully to the emotional love connection between the two protagonists. Thank you to Beth Kery, the author herself for sending me this ARC for an honest review. Check out the story, hitti ...more
Alyssa

Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: November 1, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Are you just going to stand there and watch?

Eleanor Briggs just can’t help herself. Every night, the sight of the man in the high-rise across the street is driving her wild. She longs to feel his touch up close and personal.
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Looking Inside Stars

I’m a mega Beth Kery fan. She’s my go-to author for steamy reads. Out of all the Beth Kery books I’ve read, Looking Inside is by far the steamiest book I have read. It’s just different, but elegant and tasteful.

Eleanor has a great view. Across the street in a high rise she gets the view of Trey. He’s handsome, intriguing and from what Eleanor has seen, he’s very good in bed. Eleanor gets the bird’s eye view of Trey’s trysts and she can’t help but stare and watch.

I really
Zasha
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking Inside by Beth Kerry was a really great steamy read. The title itself describes Literally and Metaphorically what happens within the book. You have two great characters playing a cat and mouse like game with each other. Eleanor Briggs who just wants a taste of the man in high-rise across the street but knows she probably could never have . So she comes up with a plan to make him notice her. Trey Riordan has no idea what he's in for when he "stumbles" upon Elanor, especially when he recei ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I hadn't read a Beth Kery book before so I can say how excited I was to finally have the opportunity! I was intrigued from the moment I start it and I find the story super hot and interesting!!

The relationship between Trey and Eleanor is hot and passionate and I like them a lot!!

I'm excited to read more by this author!!!

Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Looking Inside took me by surprise in the best way possible. Going in, I was expecting just a steamy erotica with an exhibitionism/voyeurism theme, but it turned out to be so more more than that! I don’t believe I’ve read any of Beth Kery’s books before, but if they’re as incredible as this one was, I’ll definitely have to get on that. I love her writing and I loved the main characters of Looking Inside. Trey and Eleanor were so much fun to read about – I
Bookabulary
I have been wanting to read this book ever since I read its blurb. So in the midst of calligraphy projects that I needed to finish last weekend, this was the only book that I managed to finish. Sigh.

I may have set my expectations too high for this story though because no matter how much I tried I just couldn't get comfortable reading it. I liked the characters--hello, Trey Riordan! Whew! Although I was not a big fan of Eleanor, I didn't hate her either. Maybe the prose came off as stilted for m
Syndi
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Now i want a view like Eleanor have! And what a view it is.

This book is amazing. Combining Pride and Prejudie and BDSM is certainly very refreshing. The BDSM aspect is actually supporting the story, character development, and chemistry. I love the characters, especially Eleanor. I do not usually like a nervous heroine but in her case, it is very pleasant to finally see her as a fearless woman.

Miss Kery certainly knows how to write hot steamy romance.

5 stars
SmartBitches
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Looking Inside is one of the best erotic contemporaries I’ve read in a really long time. It’s not a perfect book, but it worked for me on every level. I devoured it. Basically if I had to take a shot for every one of the Elyse-catnip elements that shows up in this book, I’d be on the floor singing “Red Solo Cup.” If you put this book under a box being held up by a stick, it would be an effective Elyse Trap.

An element I enjoyed was that while they are exp
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Look Inside by Beth Kery
Berkley
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance copy of Looking Inside for an honest review.

Looking Inside is my favorite Beth Kery book I have read so far and I love her books! Eleanor and Trey are an emotionally vulnerable couple, both just looking for something casual and their chemistry and dynamics were explosive.

FULL REVIEW GO TO: https://takemeawaytoagreatread.com/20...
AH
HAWT!!!!! That is all....For now, anyway. Full review to come...

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a review copy of this book.
Rejane
Nov 22, 2016 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition

Just creepy. It works both ways.
Krissys
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
Are you just going to stand there and watch?

Eleanor Briggs just can't help herself. Every night, the sight of the man in the high-rise across the street is driving her wild. She longs to feel his touch up close and personal. To win him over, she'll need to shake off her wallflower sensibilities and become the seductress she never imagined she could be. The only trouble will be finding the perfect way to meet him...

Or are you going to join in?

Sex is easy for millionaire entrepreneur Trey Riordan.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
I feel like voyeur, in my mind...

Hot damn! Just reading the synopsis was sexy, but once I cracked the book, I turned into a puddle of goo. As Trey so accurately described it, "The chemistry between us was blistering."

I hadn't read a Beth Kery book in a long time and had forgotten how talented she was. She put me right there and I was most definitely looking inside. I'm surprised the heat didn't fog the windows, it almost melted my kindle.

I was so intrigued by the idea. It was exc
Katerina
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A one star review propelled me to read this book.

Why you ask?

Because Eleanor Briggs stalking a man, Trey, and watching him have sex through his bedroom window, from her condo across the road was fascinatingly different.

Her being a freak made me want to know her. Who she was. What made her tick.

I'll tell you where it all went wrong.

So I assumed - from the synopsis - we'd get a Joe Goldberg. To anyone who doesn't know him, he's from the You series (stalking a girl he's infatuated with - Guine
Shayna
Sexy, provocative, and sensual....another steamy page-turner from the ever so talented Ms. Kery.

A quite, conservative woman steps out of the shadows, when she loses her sister. She made a promise that she plans to keep, no matter how uncomfortable it makes her in the beginning. Pretty soon she's blossoming into something she never though possible...a sexy seductress with an exhibitionist streak. But only one man, and one man alone brings this out of her. It's the man she's been watching for a ye
Alex ♈
h aka vanilla librarian watches the H having sex with OWs?
I pass…
Eliza

It’s always a good sign when you finish a read that leaves you questioning why you haven’t read more of the author’s work. Beth Kery’s Looking Inside is a voyeuristic delight that quickly drew me in from observer to willing participant. What starts as a somewhat unassuming read, soon had me greedily racing through its pages, enjoying the antics of our protagonists within.

Romance Readers Retreat
I'm a long time Beth Kery fan, so always get excited when she releases a new book. Looking Inside is her newest and a standalone. Eleanor is shy and introverted. She works at a museum and loves books, but also has a very addictive newer hobby. She has become a voyeur over the past year. Not that many people would blame her. Her apartment looks right into the high rise of Trey, a millionaire who has his pick of sexual partners. As Eleanor watches him she feels like the things he does to various w ...more
Yasmin
DNF @ 10

So this is going to be me being verra verra blunt.

The plot line of this novel is utter shite.

It's creepy and Eleanor is a pervert. If it were a guy doing what she was doing to Trey, SPYING on him while he was having sex???

I'd be utterly disgusted.

And this is exactly what I am even when the roles are reversed. (Sorry no #GoGirlPower from me.)

Frankly, this isn't something that works on the romance scene. But it definitely fits Eleanor becoming a psycho after a one-night-stand that grows
Catherine Coffman
I'm a huge Beth Kery fan, she's one of my go to authors that never disappoints. This one is just like the rest of Beth's books it draws you in from the beginning and keeps you reading till the end.

Eleanor works in a museum. She's quiet and dresses conservative until her sister dies. He sister tell her to live her life.

Trey lives in the building across the way and is a ladies man. Eleanor has been watching him through her window and would love nothing more then to be one of those women he takes
Nonieღserenity2bliss
I wasn't captivated in this story like I did with Kery's other story. I find myself looking distracted while reading it and kept thinking what other interesting things I could do than finishing the book. Towards the end, I do find myself skimping the pages.

I didn't find the characters very interesting. While I have to admit that Trey oozes charm, I don't know, in a way this storyline is somewhat old-fashioned and I know old-fashion may not be the best word to describe Trey and Eleanor.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Leigh's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I really hate to write this review because I typically adore Beth Kery’s books. They are darkly sexy, intriguing and have a plot which grabs me. And Looking Inside certainly did not disappoint on the eroticism. It was the plot that fell a bit flat for me.

Eleanor has fantasized about Trey from afar for a long time. She views him through her bedroom window and into his apartment across the way. She has developed an obsession for a man
Janey
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read a few of Beth Kery’s books before, and with a mixed response, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Trey Riordan wants for very little. Being a millionaire entrepreneur, his options are limitless, but the feeling of emptiness is about to engulf him.

He decides to reconnect with himself, taking a hiatus from the dating scene. That is, until he attends a reading evening, and is distracted from his Pride & Prejudice bubble by an overconfident beauty.

”When it came to sex, he participated. H
Michelle Dare
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge Beth Kery fan. When I saw she had a new book coming out soon, I couldn't wait to read it.

Eleanor Briggs is someone who doesn't lead an overly exciting life. She's a librarian and doesn't think she's nearly interesting enough to catch the eye of the sexy man living in the building across from her sister. You see, she's seen him. I mean, seen him have a lot of fun with various different women. She wonders what it would be like to be one of them. To have his hands all over her.

Trey Riord
Crystal Jackson
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start by saying I'm a huge Beth Kery fan and that this has to be one of my favorite books of hers..I love how she made this story very relatable and also very plausible..sometime you read a story that is so far fetched it's hard to connect to, but this story line i can actually see happening lol I really loved Eleanore personally I felt she was very relatable, being he younger sister of a very vibrant and charismatic older sister, I understood a lot of her insecurities and doubts..Trey ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Heart of Gold (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #1)
  • A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • He's Come Undone: A Romance Anthology
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • Pull Me Close (Panic, #1)
  • Their Virgin Concubine (Masters of Ménage, #3)
  • If I Let You Go
  • Beneath These Scars (Beneath #4)
  • Beneath the Truth (Beneath, #7)
  • Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3)
  • Every Little Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #2)
  • Borden 2 (Borden, #2)
  • Beneath This Ink (Beneath, #2)
  • Beneath These Lies (Beneath, #5)
  • American Love Story (Dreamers, #3)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.