Start by marking “DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies” as Want to Read:
DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies

DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 2: Allies

(DC Comics: Bombshells #2)

The shadow of WWII looms ever larger as the Bombshells battle the Axis Powers across the globe.

In Gotham City, a quartet of copycat BATGIRLS are doing their part to protect the home front.

In Greece, WONDER WOMAN faces a battalion of the undead, led by the villainous Baroness Paula von Gunther.

In London, STARGIRL and SUPERGIRL learn a shocking-and dangerous-family secret, w
Published July 19th 2016 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about DC Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DC Comics

Sesana
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
The art is great, the characters are great, but the story is wanting. Not terrible, mind, but certainly underwhelming. This is par for the course with Bennett, actually. I really like the way she writes characters, especially female characters, but her storytelling needs some serious work.
Nikki
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. All the ladies, kicking all the butts, all the time.
Cupcakes & Machetes
Volume One Review

I continued to feel a bit lost throughout this volume as well. I don't think it was entirely my lack of background knowledge, scenes jumped before I knew what exactly was going on in the first place.

I still enjoyed it, the artwork was fantastic. I like the batgirl copycats distributing justice and the sea battles with Aquawoman.

I'm ready to admit that I don't care about Stargirl or Supergirl at all. I don't know what it is but I just cannot connect with them.

description
Liam
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The art is phenomenal, the characters are fantastic, the concept is brilliant... But the story falls flat for me. There's a lot going on, which is good in a way because you get to see lots of different great characters, but it makes the story a bit all over the place and difficult to follow. I am excited to see where this series goes as, despite being 12 issues in, I still feel like it's very much still in the introduction of the story and that it will develop to become better. Think my favourit ...more
L. McCoy
Ya know when I added this series to my reading list I was expecting silly fun. I mean I thought it was just WWII era DC pin-up girls punching Nazis or something. There’s a lot more to it and it is amazing.

What’s it about?
Hard to describe without spoilers. This is pretty much the second volume of this series so it continues the story. In this volume we are introduced to the Batgirls. Vigilante girls who beat the shit out of their opponents by using ball bats.

Why it gets 5 stars:
The story is still
Ma'Belle
I LOVE the characters, context, and queerness of so much of DC Bombshells, so it's extra sad that I can't give this volume more than 3 stars. It's gorgeous the whole way through, and there are plenty of things that happen that made me giggle and fangirl wave air over my own face. But something went terribly wrong with the storyboarding. There were several page layouts where a character's placement or weapon changed back and forth from one panel to the next, as if cards, script bubbles, and even ...more
Batastrophe
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016, dc
The story with the batgirls was amazing, but the rest of the volume wasn't keeping my interest very well. Not bad, but I kept putting it down and forgetting what had happened. Zatanna's also beginning to really annoy me, and I normally really like Zatanna.
Devann
I liked this one a bit more than the first volume. It might be because the team is coming together in a more concrete way or it might be because I decided to stop worrying about my general lack of knowledge of the DC universe and just go along for the ride, but I'm definitely enjoying it at this point and am interested to see where it goes.
blank
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Superheroines kickin' undead ass. You can't go wrong with that.
Genna
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read in one sitting, I couldn't put it down for even a second. Love the story progress, love the characters.
Rachel
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finished while bawling my eyes out. This series is my new favorite thing ever.
Cale
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
It feels like there are too many stories going on at once here. Too many characters get short shrift (Zatanna especially, although Barda and Dr. Light are others who get very little time), while others get overburdened with plots that feel reminiscent to volume 1 (Stargirl and Supergirl). When the stories focus on the characters, they're fairly interesting, like the Gotham girls taking on an orphanage and its secret factory. But most of this collection are massive action scenes, and those scenes ...more
Emma
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honestly can't fault this. Really great story, and an awesome collection of artists and colourists. Even though there was some switching of artists between chapters, I didn't find it jarring at all. On a whole, definitely enjoyed this even more than volume one. My favourite part was the Batgirls issue and pretty much any scene with Batwoman. Seeing Supergirl's vulnerabilities and more of Mera was great too. This is fastly becoming one of my favourite series. Highly recommend.
Heatherblakely
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
1. I'm a little confused
2. Why does everyone have to have huge boobs?
Hannah Givens
This volume gets a little choppy jumping between all the characters and getting most of them in one place for a big battle, but it's still super good.
Lucie

IT WAS EVERYTHING, I LOVE THE BOMBSHELLS SO MUCH.
Kelly W.
While I thoroughly enjoy reading this comic, this volume was a bit of a step back from the first volume. A lot of the things I loved about volume 1 are the same - the art, the inclusion of WOC and lgbt+ women, the girl power. Unfortunately, the plotting and pacing degenerated a little, and more often than not I was confused at how threads fits together. It’s still a fun read, just not as fluid as I would have liked. Since this book is next in a series of trades, this review will focus on things ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This second volume of the digital-first Bombshells series collects the next six print issues, or the next 18 individual chapters.

The first half of the book feels a little disjointed, with the first two-part story actually being two one-shot stories about the Batgirls and Batwoman, whilst the following two two-parters bring the Bombshells together for their first true test as all of their enemies unite to try and destroy London. Even though this is an Elseworlds, the stakes feel high and when one
Valerie Anne
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is literally the perfect thing to read right now, in this political climate. Read it. It feels like punching a Nazi.
Joana Veríssimo
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is so GOOD and it makes me so damn happy!!! And it's something I recommend to both comic book fans - because all these characters are brought together and you will probably pick up on a lot more easter eggs than I can - but also to comic book newbies, because it's a very particular and independent story, that you can read on it's own.
Also I LOVE how the explore the World War II in very different fronts, from Germany, to England, to the USSR, to the USA, and not just in different plac
Amanda Perry
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Art is great but I did not like it as much as the first one. I found some of the stories were all over the place and needed to be connected a little better together. I loved the characters though as well as their bombshell costumes. They stay true to their character and are still really really awesome. The first story featuring the batgirls(kids) was phenomenal and I loved how it was different and a change of what usually happens. And OF COURSE I loved any of the parts with Wonder Woman, it's ju ...more
Rob McMonigal
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not for me, and that's totally cool. The premise is a fun, Elseworlds-like concept, but the characters keep saying wink-and-nod modern references and I'm having some trouble keeping tabs on the plot. Can't argue with the quality of the art, though, featuring Laura Braga, Sandy Jarrell, and Marguerite Sauvage, among many others.

I'm sure this one brings a smile to the face of a lot of younger readers, and I'm glad there's a comic for them, because everyone should get a comic that's aimed at them!
Liz
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the artwork and characterization in this series, but the stories themselves aren't totally doing it for me. I'll probably keep reading since the vintage thing and the concentration on women superheroes is totally my jam. But I'm not as enthused about it as I thought I'd be.
Erin
Cool concept, gorgeous art, but the story is difficult to follow and really disjointed :( I'd rather just have it be a full collection of Wonder Woman stories, another run with Mera stories, etc. etc.
Jess
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really just kind of want my review to be the streaming tear face emoji, but that's probably not doable.

I am still super into this! I think it's a little busy, both plot and character wise, but that doesn't take away from the enjoyment I am getting out of reading them. Would recommend.
Hadas Sloin
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DC Bombshells is my new official non-guilty pleasure. I seriously can't get enough of the style and kick-ass characters! I especially loved Mera in this volume.
Vincent Darlage
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
Lots of fun reading this last night. Interesting take on the super-heroines.
victoria.p
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Awesome (though Steve Trevor could get on a bus to Mandyville and I wouldn't miss him), with surprise!Tim Drake!
David
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second collected volume of DC's feminist take on superheroes in World War II. This one had a decidedly sad ending, but still a great read.
Kelcey
So many characters, so many stories, how the heck are we going to put them all together? Ugh. I am so supportive of all these amazing ladies, kicking ass, but someone pick a plot, develop it, and stick to it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 2
  • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 1
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 1: Who Is Oracle?
  • Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1
  • Black Canary, Volume 1: Kicking and Screaming
  • Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #1
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers
  • Lady Killer, Vol. 2
  • Princeless: Raven the Pirate Princess Book 1: Captain Raven and the All-Girl Pirate Crew
  • The Beauty, Vol. 2
  • Batgirl Vol. 1: Silent Knight
  • Harley Quinn, Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh

DC Comics: Bombshells (6 books)
  • DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 1: Enlisted