Start by marking “Fire & Ice (The Locklaine Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire & Ice (The Locklaine Boys, #1)

Fire & Ice

(The Locklaine Boys #1)

Pepper O’Malley isn’t one to be toyed with. Fool her once, shame on you. Fool her twice, and they’ll have trouble finding your body. She used to dream of white picket fences and happily-ever-afters, but now she lives in the real world. As the saying goes, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,” especially when that woman is a redheaded spitfire.

Griffin Locklaine always v
Published March 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fire & Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire & Ice

Start your review of Fire & Ice (The Locklaine Boys, #1)
Rachel
Kristina
Sep 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Pointless.

Griffin is a dickhead manwhore who treated Piper like shit. He's the loser you dump. I hated his stupid ass.

Pepper's just another pathetic doormat who can't keep away from Griffin's magic dick.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 2.5*

From the moment she met her brother's friend Griff,Pepper developed a crush that lasted until finally at 21 he seemed to stop seeing her as a child. After one night together after which he disappeared Pepper's dreams of happily ever after with Griff turns into anger and hate to mask the hurt that the person she'd seen herself with had done a hit and run leaving with her virginity. As Pepper's business developed and she matured she dated but things between her and Griff never
This book was just ok. Maybe I should have read the blurb a little more closely, but I generally avoid stories where the h has been in love with her older brother's best friend for a long time. If you're into that kind of plot, you might like this book. It had its funny bits, but this just wasn't for me.

What I liked:
1) Seeing Navie again. I really liked her in her story.
2) When Pepper stood up to Griffin in the beginning. Too bad it didn't last long.

What I didn't like:
1) Griffin. Sorry, but
Somia
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Oh boy the tension and heat between Griffin and Pepper sizzled off the page, at times, as a kid Pepper found herself falling in love with her brother’s 20 something best-friend, but alas all he saw was a little girl until she turned 21, what happened next led Pepper to thinking she’d be getting her very own long dreamed for HEA, but (view spoiler) now in the present whenever they s ...more
Raine
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-read-2021
Enemies to lovers

This is a spin-off from another Jessica Prince book with Rowan and Navie. Griffin is Rowan's cousin and Pepper is the girl who dresses Rowan and is also Griffin's partner's (Dex) sister. They had a one night stand years ago and ever since then have been enemies. However, recently Griffin has decided he would like more with Pepper, but her brother Dex will get upset.
Sheila'S Book Corner
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny-and-swoony
So I had the pleasure of riding in Jessica Prince's trunk when I met her in Houston the first time. I SHOULD ADD THAT I WENT IN THERE VOLUNTARILY AND IT WAS AN OPEN SPACE SO I HAD AIR TO BREATH!

So of course after being on my knees with her, I figured hey why not pick up the new book that is coming out. And let's just say I gobbled this up! I couldn't put it down!!!

OH AND THE GUY IS A COP!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!HE HAS HANDCUFFS AND CAN USE THEM!!!

Pepper O’Malley isn’t one to be toyed with.
Fiona Fog
Friends, Enemies to lovers and Forever.

An explosive read that leave you panting for more. Who doesn’t love a forbidden romance. Pepper has been in love with Griffin since she was 12 years old. Her brothers best friend. Sure it was unrequited love him being older and all. He just saw her as his friends kid sister.

Over the years her love grew and she still wasn’t on his radar, until she was. One night years later and these two finally succumb to the blistering chemistry and then nothing. Griff d
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Welp. It's been a while since I last read a book written by Jessica Prince. The last book was Addictive, and speaking of which, when are you gonna release the third book, Jessica ?

I didn't know this was a spin-off of this author's other book to be honest, so I wasn't familiar with this duo. But honestly you don't have to read Love Hate Relationship to fall in love with them because I sure did the moment they started their bantering. Haha.

I loved the chemistry between the two, laughed so hard at
Crazychriss889
I thought Pepper wouldn't be one to be fooled with.
Yeah, sorry, to say that, but she is.
I hate, really, really hate novels that tell me that the female character will be strong, independent and not just fall for a guy who left her after he so much as notices her. Well, this is exactly one of those books and I just can't tell you how sick I am of those.

The main male character was a jerk. He's a manwhore, thinks he can toy with his best friend's little sister, thinks he can just have her again aft
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was cute. I still liked Love Hate Relationship better, but Griffin was pretty hot. I don't think we got really deep into the characters or the storyline tbh, and I was extremely frustrated with the ending too. If your looking for a light, sexy, and sometimes funny book -- this is a good one for you.

**I would highly recommend reading Love Hate Relationship before this one, because otherwise you might be lost**

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Pepper and Griffi
Lu Bielefeld
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Ela o amou durante toda a vida, de longe, porque ele era amigo do irmão mais velho dela. Quando a atração foi mais forte e os dois tem uma noite juntos, ele tira a virgindade dela e depois dá um gelo nela e continua como se nada tivesse acontecido. Ela fica com o coração partido e se sente totalmente rejeitada. Se passam 4 anos e ele continua saindo com várias mulheres e tudo bem na cara dela.
As cenas entre os dois e as brigas deles são explosivas.
Ele acorda para a vida e resolve que não vai mai
Emily
Pepper O'Malley believed that the love of her life would be Griffin Macklaine, she knew it when she was a young girl and then she thought she finally had her chance when they ended up together one night, but when she woke up he was gone and avoided her like the plague. The only problem is he is the best friend and partner to her brother.

Griffin knows he made a huge mistake with Pepper years ago, and after continuing to play the field he realizes there is no other woman who even comes close to h
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Once again Jessica Prince has given us a new bbf to fall in love with in this funny and beautiful story.

Griffin Locklaine has never been one for relationships or commitment where women are concerned, that is until he realises his best friends sister Pepper has grown into a beautiful, sassy young women.

Pepper O'Malley is a fiery redhead, she's an Independent young women with her own business and isn
Natasha
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
POSTED UNDER SHIELA'S BOOK CORNER ...more
Zaynab
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My oh my pepper/griffin! 5 stars for you guys!
Becky
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
You know when you happen to come across a book that is just about perfect and its such a pleasant surprise? Well prepare to be surprised!! This book was a free buy on Amazon when I got it . Its just been sitting there waiting to be read and now that I have I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner! This is a book of friends and lovers just a good book about life and love. I'm not kidding I laughed out loud several times. Twenty-something's living in New York day to day life, sexy times, sad t ...more
Anne / Reviewer at AC Book Blog
4.5 Stars!

“We were like fire and ice, a rather poignant analogy if you thought about it, but it was us.”

Fire & Ice is a Love Hate Relationship spin-off. You don’t need to read Love Hate Relationship to enjoy the story because I haven’t read it, but I certainly enjoyed Fire & Ice. I have read Wildflower so I was familiar with the gang. I really liked Wildflower and with Fire & Ice, I’m beginning to love this little group.

Fire & Ice is a forbidden love novel. Pepper O’Malley has been in love with
Franci Neill
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Scorching Stars!!!

This is Pepper and Griffin's story in the first book of The Locklaine Boys which is a spinoff from Love Hate Relationship which is where we were first introduced to Griffin Locklaine. I agree with Ms. Prince that it's best to read Love Hate Relationship before reading Fire and Ice!

Now on to the good stuff!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this book!! Talk about chemistry flowing off the pages. Pepper is the little sister of Dex O'Malley who's best friend is Griffin Locklaine and the
Reviews from the Heart
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable love stories that I’ve read in a while and I enjoyed every minute of reading this! There were so many laugh out loud moments that at points I had tears streaming down my face. The banter between the characters is hilarious and I simply couldn’t get enough of them! Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her brother’s best friend Griffin since she was an awkward teenager and he’s barely even noticed her existence. Four years ago she came across h ...more
Becca
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Prince has hit her sweet spot with her hilarious romantic comedies! Fire & Ice was sexy, feisty, and tons of fun with just the right amount of angst to give me all of those fantastic feels. Jessica Prince absolutely blew me away with Pepper and Griffin’s snarky banter and scorching chemistry. The dynamic that Jessica has created between them is highly addictive and I found myself flying though the pages, utterly enchanted by their story. Jessica Prince writes with a style all her own and ...more
Amanda Grooms
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Pretty hot on the sexy side of things, but I'd thought it was unimaginative that most of the hook-ups occurred after getting belligerently drunk (there were several arrests, I think to show Pepper's firey personality?? Hmm...). The plot could've used a major injection of some imagination and believability, but the chemistry was smokin'!! ...more
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fire & Ice by Jessica Prince was such a wonderful read. This was my first book I've read by this author but I will be reading more!! Fire & Ice has a double meaning in this book, as you'll find out, one is its the name of our main female character's, Pepper O'Malley, store. Pepper is a fiery redhead who takes no crap especially from the man she loves to hate, Griffin Locklaine. In this whirlwind of a story that takes you back to Pepper as a young teenager who is in the middle of awkwardness and ...more
Beth
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They keep getting better!

This is the third book in this connected series that I've read (started with Love Hate Relationship, then Wildflower). I absolutely love the world this author has created. The characters are fun, real and totally relatable. The stories are well drawn and realistic. The range of emotions the reader experiences while reading, from laughter to anger to sadness are skillfully wrought. I'm on to the next connected book and highly recommend this author and these two series.
Night Owl Reads
Mar 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: night-owl
**Blogger Note: I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

We are introduced to Pepper and Griffin in The Shattered Colors Series, Love Hate Relationship.

This story follows Pepper O'Malley and her relationship with Griffin Locklaine, NYPD officer, cousin to her best friends fiance, and best friend to her big brother, fellow NYPD officer Dex O'Malley.

Pepper meets Griffin at the young age of twelve, when Dex and Griffin are in their first year of college. There is where
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews

WOW! What a great refreshingly funny story that deserves a 5 star review. ARC of Fire & Ice by Jessica Prince provided in exchange for an honest and spoiler free review.

This was such an awesome story that I was hooked from page one to the very last page read. It's not an overly emotional sad story but a funny one full of bantering.

This is about Pepper who fell head over heals in love with her brother Dex's best friend Griffin when she was a scrawny 12 year old. Throughout the years they came
Yi Le
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Pepper O'Malley has had her eyes on her brother's best friend since she first saw him. But he broke her heart after finally sleeping with her. She's trying to move on, but it's hard when she sees him so often. Griffin Locklaine has always had a revolving door of different women. Only, he doesn't seem to want anyone these days. He can't get Pepper and their hot night together out of his head, and he doesn't know if her brother's warning is enough to keep him away from her anymore.

This was an awes
Books 2 Blog
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So where do I even begin? This book was hot, and sexy and funny and I loved it! You have Pepper, this fiery red head, and Griffin, this sexy playboy who loves to push Pepper's buttons. Pepper hates Griffin, due to a messed up situation from their past, and Griffin loves to egg her on just to get a rise out of her. The banter between the two is hilarious and the attraction they have for each other is undeniable. The title of this book describes Pepper and Griffin to a T! They really are the perfe ...more
Jamie Rhodes
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book that is full of banter and humor and a LOT of loving!!!! Hot scenes that will scorch you. If you have read some of Jessica Prince's other books, then you will have already met Pepper and Griffin. You will know that they are like "fire and ice". They are always arguing. We learn through this book that Griffin and Pepper have known each other for years, and that Pepper has always had a crush on Griffin. The prologue sets the stage as we see a young Pepper lusting after an older Gri ...more
Marika
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story so much..I started laughing the first page and never stopped.
Pepper is a gorgeous redheaded with a fiery temper to match..She’s also Dex's sister.
She has her own shop and she makes clothes when she’s stressed..The things that come out of her mouth are hilarious..and if you add Tomas, her friend and coworker, the trouble they get into..oh God.
Griffin is Dex's best friend and partner. He is a manwhore and he isn't ashamed of it. He loves his job and his friends..But has no plan
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Until Blaze (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Kiss by Kiss  (The Riggins Brothers, #3)
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • Until That Knight
  • Until Sadie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Kickstart My Heart (Burgers and Brew Crüe  #1)
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)
  • Home to You
  • Until Autumn
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Until Rex (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Still Standing (Wild West MC, #1)
  • My Kinda Wedding (Summer Sisters)
  • My Kinda Night (Summer Sisters #2)
  • Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
  • One More Time (Ruby Falls #2)
See top shelves…
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

The Locklaine Boys (3 books)
  • Opposites Attract (The Locklaine Boys #2)
  • Almost Perfect (The Locklaine Boys, #3)