Start by marking “Top Advice for Authors Promoting Their Book: From a survey of 500+ book bloggers” as Want to Read:

Do you need help with your book marketing? Take the advice of 500+ book bloggers!

In a survey of 500+ book bloggers, the question was asked: "If you could give an author one piece of advice about promoting their book, what would it be?"

The answers are fascinating! They show authors what is important to book bloggers and what they need to promote your books.

With book blog

Published March 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Top Advice for Authors Promoting Their Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Advice for Authors Promoting Their Book

Hilary Grossman
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While this is a short book it is chock full of useful information. It is a quick and easy read but one that will teach ever author many valuable lessons. I love how the book was formatted - one to three sentences from bloggers sharing the do's and don'ts. So many of the bloggers had the same tip (said differently). So as you read, you really learned what is truly important! Highly recommend!
Christy Bower
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a collection of quotes compiled by the author from book bloggers offering advice to authors. The collective wisdom is helpful, but it may be different content than you expect.
Jess Brown
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoy this author and this resource could have been a 5 star for me, but wasn't. The material was not what I anticipated. The author did a huge amount of highly-valuable research and has presented truly useful facts. My issue is that rather than organizing the data into groups, it's just a list of each blogger's answer. The author aimed to make the point that the repetitive nature of the answers highlights how indispensable the advice is.

Reading the bloggers' answers is time consuming. Rather
Kay
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A list of results from a survey might sound like a sleep-inducer but not in this case! I devoured it! Yes, a lot was repeated, which made me see that book review bloggers want the same basics, and these cannot be repeated enough! Bloggers may be a cold, hard screen to you, but they really are warm-blooded people and this is their voices telling you so. I did learn something new about one thing they want included in the request I never realized bloggers wanted (yup, you'll have to read the book t ...more
Marie Schaeller
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Reading this book was the equivalent of the movie Groundhog Day. I kept reading the same answers over and over and over and over and over again.

This is okay advice for authors promoting their book, but I wouldn't say top. This is not really a book. It is rather answers to a survey question the author posted. The answers make up this "book". Literally. There is no organization and it is just a list. The same answers are repeated over and over throughout. It would have been easier and more palatab
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
added it
Aug 05, 2018
Nancy George
Aug 15, 2018
Barb can teach anyone to use WordPress. She is a voracious reader of Regency Romance, taxi driver, gourmet chef in training, and slave to a cute puppy.

Barb has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving p