Start by marking “I Do Believe in Faeries (The Cotton Candy Quintet #3)” as Want to Read:
I Do Believe in Faeries (The Cotton Candy Quintet #3)

I Do Believe in Faeries

(The Cotton Candy Quintet #3)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Abby knew that life wasn’t fair.
That’s why she turned to the Fair Ones.

Abby thinks she’s a disappointment. Even though she’s grown up in a family of powerful witches, she can’t use magick, she can’t connect to nature, she can’t do anything special – she’s just a normal human.

And normal isn’t good enough for her.

When a group of faeries offer her one wish, she doesn’t hesita
Kindle Edition
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about I Do Believe in Faeries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do Believe in Faeries

Lola
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I Do Believe in Faeries is a fun read. It's the third books in the Cotton Candy Quintet series, the series is a very loose one and can be easily read out of order. In this book we follow Abby, the sister of Jordan, the main character of book 2. We also meet a few characters of book 1 again, but it's only little touches and scenes. I did like the connection this one had with book 2 as Abby is Jordan her sister. But as most time is spent in another
Brittany
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
fairies, witches, and ice queens oh my!

I just finished this and my head it spinning... wow what a roller coaster ride. Once upon a time I thought Erin Hayes absolutely couldn't get any better at writing a book. Ladies and gentleman she has proven me very wrong.

this book has a little bit of everything. although I thought a story about Alaina and her baby would be told from her POV I was
elated to discover it was about Abby and her adventure in fairyland. I love Abby and Jordyn so I was incredibl
sherri jones-teachout
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
17 year old Abby is having a hard time because she comes from a family where all the females are witches, but she has no magic. In a fit of anger and sadness she goes into the woods, and unwittingly wishes for magic inside a faerie ring. She gets her magic, but a sacrifice was made, and not by her. A friends unborn baby is taken by the pixies. With the help of a friend, a trickster by the name of Robin, she has to go to another world to rescue the baby. She will encounter danger, inprisonment, p ...more
Felicia Semmler
Action packed novella with a great message

Love. I love these short novella style books Erin's been writing. While they are all great I love that that supernatural entity in each book changes.

In this instalment we are reading about a "witch" and a Faerie. I loved Robin he was funny, but dang I wanted to kill him at times. Abby was so selfless in her quest and gave up everything to fix a wrong.
Lindsay
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edit
So fun! I can't wait for it to be released into the wild... ;)

Keisha
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abby grated on my nerves. Her character was more like a 13 year old who couldn't get her way. I found her whining, sulking and selfishness to be off putting. As her story began to unfold, her character did improve, but what a hard lesson for her to learn that she could have avoided altogether. I liked Robin and felt bad that he had to endure Abby, though it worked out in the end. A faery was so diverse in this tale that I am still trying to figure out what makes them faery. The kingdoms and rule ...more
Gina
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
This whole series is so good. This one started good, got just a little bit boring with all the Tir Na Nog searching, but from the winner court bust out and on it got GOOD! I'm so enjoying this series. Sad that I only have #4 left, #5 not available yet in digital. I usually buy actual print, but I got the first couple free in digital that I wanna keep the whole series that way.
Jacqueline Driggers
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in this series, and no, you don't need to read the other books in the series to enjoy this one, but it does help. Like the other 2 books in this series, this book is a good solid read, and I enjoyed it. A girl getting sucked into a land of fairies makes for a fun story, but beware, as it does have some serious sides to it.
Kayla Villarreal
Absolutely adorable!

I loved this book! I think Abby and Robin were amazing characters! I love how it ended! Definitely a must read!
Sandy
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do believe in faeries

Wonderful, incredible story. Enjoyed every word! Thanks so much for such a good read. Can’t wait for the next one.
Tera Comer
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So cute

Loved all the action and drama this book had, and going through all the different seasons of fairy courts. Can't wait to read the next book in the series
Anne-Kathrine
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Be careful what you wish for. You might have a get it but at what cost.
Laura Danielle Sawyer
Fantastic

I love the way the author bring folklore into her books. This that you know are not real seen when when reading a book that involves them.
Mindy
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midsummer Night fairytale

Cute story with characters from other stories by same author. Mid summer night dreamlike story with similar chatacters populating world.
Lizzy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rivitting book ... loved the series!!!
kim caldwell
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!

This was a cute novella. I have not read any of the others, but that did not affect my enjoyment. Each seems to be a stand alone.
Iitzunyy
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I loved it!!!
It was so funny and sweet. I couldn’t put it down at all.
I would definitely recommend it.
Ola Adamska
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
I LOVED this story. There is almost everything: feeling out of place magic, jealousy, love, betrayal and growing up during the story!
Ashley Ehlers
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*Was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review*

So I just finished I Do Believe in Faeries and I'm so sad that it ended, I didn't want it to! I just wanted to be forever lost in between the pages.....well, at least until October came when I have to go pick up hubby from coming home from his deployment that is haha.

This is by far my favorite story from Mrs. Hayes and honestly I didn't think anythin
Sara Miller
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is Abby's story, we first met her in I'd Rather Be A Witch which is her sister Jordyn's book  Abby is trying to figure out exactly where she fits in with her family of powerful witches but it seems like she got passed over on the witchy charms. . .

I loved Abby's personality when we met her in the previous book and I wanted to find out more about the oddball in the family of witches. She's got some things to handle (like finding the perfect prom dress and shoes or obsessing over the la
Vivian
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loveeedddd it!!!

This story is about Abby, Jordyn's sister. She is the only one in her family who isn't a witch and she absolutely hates it. Abby is like any other teenager, worried about the boy who doesn't notice she's alive, prom dresses, her friends, One Direction and Taylor Swift, but she still feels like her nagic is missing and is determined to figure out how to finally get her powers. Jordyn takes Abby with her to meet, her very pregnant friend, Alaina who was also a professional mermai
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Be Careful What You Wish For

This is the first book by Erin Hayes that I have read and I definitely need to read the rest of this series! Growing up in a family full of witches and with no power of her own, Abby constantly feels like an outsider.

Standing inside a faerie ring, she wishes for magick of her own. Wishes granted by faeries come with a sacrifice. Upon her wish being granted, Abby learns the horrific truth of the sacrifice, her friend's baby has been taken!

Robin is a faerie who tried
VeronicaMarie1986
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Growing up, Abby always felt like the odd one out, being a member of a family full of powerful witches, with no magick of her own. Tired of being normal, she makes a wish and it is granted by faeries. Problem is, with faeries, their is always a price. The price is her friend's unborn child. Abby is determined to make things right and rescue the baby.

This was yet another fantastic story by author Erin Hayes. Unique, fun, and
Elissa
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is the third in a series of which I had read...NONE..up until now. Clearly I need to rectify this omission! Not that THIS story doesn't stand up entirely on its own. It does! Delightfully! But having had a taste of the wry wit and inventive mind of author Erin Hayes I find my sweet tooth demands more.

Using Shakespeare as reference material makes a great start to a beautifully realized faerie realm; inflicting us with a modern teenager in all her angst and self-absorption--meh (okay, it
Ruby McDemon
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've always love when there is a "quest" type situation in books. This is one of the best I've read so far. Going to somewhere completely unknown and with the dangers and everything else a new land brings to save a child that isn't her own and that no one she knows could even blame her for what happened to the baby is amazing. Plus getting to hang out with an hot guy throughout the whole thing is a really nice added bonus.

So as you can tell I really loved this book lol. It was wonderful and had
Mandy Parmenter
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Abby feels a disappointment and failure because she is the only one in her family who can't do magic. She finds a way to get magic from faeries but there is a price to pay and she just didn't realise that there would be one and what they would take for it.

Pleasant little story cleverly merging Cotton Candy Quintet characters with Shakespeare. Who would have thought it?

Well written as always and an enjoyable read.
Samantha Reeves
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poor Abby doesn't quite fit into the very real world of magick or that of a normal 17 year old girl. As we all remember teenagers are ruled by their emotions. It was a long journey, but a beautiful. Abby matured between the pages, did what was right, and faith was rewarded. Kinda hoping we'll catch up with them in a later book.
Vicki Kline-saunier
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome awesome awesome!! Couldn't put it down!! The characters are just so vibrant!! I just love how the characters tie in with her other books, How to be a Mermaid and I'd rather be a Witch. Makes you so invested, like your part of their lives. Love Erin Hayes!!
Julia Stephanie
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was definitely more teenager-y than the other two which was a huge turn off for me, but I enjoyed it nonetheless! It was cute and I liked how it tied back to Shakespeare however briefly, but mostly I love happy endings.
Rhiannon Frater
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun little book with beautifully magical descriptions, a classic fairytale plot, and captivating characters. So much fun! I want another one!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sci-fi junkie, video game nerd, and wannabe manga artist Erin Hayes writes a lot of things. Sometimes she writes books.

She works as an advertising copywriter by day, and she's a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author by night. She has lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, Texas, Alabama, and now San Francisco with her husband, cat, and a growing collection of geek paraphernalia.

You can reach her

The Cotton Candy Quintet (6 books)
  • How to be a Mermaid (The Cotton Candy Quintet #1)
  • I'd Rather be a Witch (The Cotton Candy Quintet #2)
  • I'm Not Afraid of Wolves (The Cotton Candy Quintet #4)
  • How to Talk to Ghosts (The Cotton Candy Quintet #5)
  • I Wish I Weren't a Djinni (The Cotton Candy Quintet Book #0)