Start by marking “The Dunewalkers (Moving In #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dunewalkers (Moving In #2)

The Dunewalkers

(Moving In #2)

An uncommon mission. An unholy realm. And ghostbusting on a whole new level…
After the death of his Army comrade, William Engberg moves into a simple New Hampshire home against the backdrop of the turbulent foam crested waves of the Atlantic Ocean. It’s the ideal place to write and get on with his post-military life. Except for one thing. He has unwanted house guests—ghos
Published March 10th 2016 by ScareStreet (first published February 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Dunewalkers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dunewalkers

Shaina
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ripley is feeling his characters and I am feeling the chemistry and getting attached to them.This story had meaning and was faceted. I was definitely not bored. I love how the group was forming. I am really irked at certain ghosts right now and yet I am hoping where one door shuts, another will open. Loving the series.
ragulau10
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Keira is content in her small, medieval village - well, sort of. Her mother is pressing her to marry, but her suitors are less than desirable. So when handsome Aaron Drake arrives in the village and focuses his attention on Keira, she cannot help but be interested
Puja Kshirsagar
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
After reading the first book, Moving In, from the Moving In series, I began with the second book, The Dunewalkers. The book begins where the last book left off although it is not exactly a continuation of the book.

After not being completely satisfied or scared by the first book, The Dunewalkers did not disappoint. I will say, it was actually better than the first one!

You may read the full book review here The Dunewalkers (Moving In #2) by Ron Ripley – Book review
Chandru CS
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was good at the free moment of the year one

“I know what it is like to be alone, Tom,” she said. Her tone softened. “I do not wish for you to be alone. If you cannot understand you are dead, however, I will not allow you to remain in my home. You have a choice, and it is a plain choice. Will you live among us in good fellowship, or will you live alone in the bitter cold beyond these walls?”
Gemma
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Dunewalkers pretty much picks up from where we left off at the end of Moving In.

Brian and Jenny return as ghost hunters and try to help a young man name William who has a problem with a bunch of ghosts in his little isolated beach house.

However, Brian and Jenny have some ghosty problems of their own to sort out at the same time.

I really enjoyed the sequel to Moving In - I think even more than the first in the series.
It was spooky and the story was interesting. Ron Ripley's writing isn't grea
David Wright
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ron Ripley does not disappoint!

Having blazed through moving in book 1, I was uncertain if things would be as involved in the sequel - they are, and then some.

Following the intense events of book 1, this follow up initially seems more light hearted. Don't get me wrong, things still happen quickly, but the characters enjoy more banter and appear almost flippant at times. I am pleased to say that this does not last (I found it detrimental to the storyline and the tone of the book).

This story focus
Tina
Another rapid read continues the stories begun in Moving In. Jenny and Brian have begun a ghost disposal business. Sylvia has a more prominent role in the narrative. A new, helpful character is introduced. The backstory I was hoping for had begun to be told. This was an excellent follow-up to Moving In, andI look forward to the next installment in the series.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first book in the series, didn't stop till I'd finished it. A continuation from where book 1 finished, although not so much a direct story follow on, more so the people who now need their help since they're "Ghostbusters". Looking forward to the third instalment.
Kristen
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a crazy ride!!

I never expected this book to end the way it did! What an absolute trip. The death of some characters broke my heart but it was thrilling none the less.
Nova-Starr
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good series. I like Berkley Street better but this is still a must read. On to book 3
Katie Abbott
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting turn of events!
barbara
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author is so good at making his characters real (even the dead ) Leo was a good key player as was Sarah .
Sara Alatorre
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one, as I have of most Ron Ripley's books. I truly enjoy his writing style and story telling. Can't wait to start the next book in this series.
Tam French
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Another excellent book about ghosts and the likes! Really enjoying this series. Looking forward to book three and to see what Roy's get into next!
Doreena
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't find this one as fantastic as the first one. This one seemed a bit disjointed for me. It was good, but not great. The first one was phenomenal. Going to start the third one.
Anthony Boccuzzi
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Ripley has done it again!!

Just when I thought he wouldn't be able to top the first story in the Moving in series. I just wish I could read faster!!
BookLoversLife
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this edition of the Moving In series!! Brian and Jenny are back doing what they now do, Ghostbusting. Brian is on a mission to help William, who is moving into his ex-army friends house near the ocean. Williams house is haunted, but it's not what's in the house he has to fear! It's what's outside!! William calls Brian, and he comes to see the problem. What he also finds there is an old enemy that has come back to haunt him! Between Brians worries and Williams ghosts, can they survive!!

I'm
Brenda
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next book!

The Dunewalkers is the second book in the Moving In series and it was just as good as the first book. With this one we have Brian, Jenny and Sylvia continuing Leo's work. Thing is ghosts that they thought they were safe from come back to "haunt" them . I really enjoyed learning more about Leo and how he gained his knowledge. I really couldn't put this book down and found the plot held plenty of twists. If you enjoy a good ghost story where you never know what might h
Sherry Bledsoe
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 does not disappoint

Book 2 in "Moving In Series" does not disappoint. I was really HOOKED after Book 1 and I truly enjoyed this book just as much. I was so invested in the characters that after losing Leo in the first book, I was so sure that I would not have to suffer thru the loss of another one of my favorite characters yet again in this book. In fear of spoiling this book for new readers, I will finish my review by saying: Please continue to READ ON to Book 3!!!
A D
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review via Audiobook Boom.

I didn't enjoy book 1, I rushed through it and didn't even finish it. I didn't care much for the characters, and for this reason I couldn't get through this one either. this just wasn't for me.
Deedra
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A man moves into a small cottage on the shore.It has ghosts,some not pleasant.He calls on Brian,who has dealt with ghosts to come check the place out.The stories intertwine and peace,in a way,is found in the end.I love this series! Andrew Tell is a terrific narrator!
I was given this book free for an honest review
Barbara L. Rose
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good one Mr. Ripley

I was totally caught up in this story. It was nice to get the background information on Leo from the first book. Thanks for the bonus scene. It enhanced the story. Keep the books coming! I have been telling my friends about them every chance I get. Great characters and a captivating tale.
Janet Pflum
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ghostly

After reading the first book of the series, I was skeptical about reading any more. However, this one was better than the first one! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Cheryl Pack
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Moving in book 2

Sometimes the dead are viscous, other times they just want to go. And sometimes life comes full circle. That old ticker is still hanging in with only a couple of extra jump starts along the way. Ron Ripley keeps you coming back for more. Thank you
Julie Donovan
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The Dunewalkers

Read the first book because this one ties in. I enjoyed this book. I only wish there was more depth to certain characters. The ending was rushed but worth reading, I'm on to the next in this series.
India Delgado
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great continuation of the series

Another short read. Took me a couple of hours to read. It was well written and kept my attention enough to keep the pages turning. If you're into stories about ghosts, I'd say this series is great.
Ruby
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

Was even better than Moving In. Great scenes. The ending was fantastic. Can't wait to read the next one. I have almost of Ron's books. Loved this. I love ghost stories.
Ruby
Sammie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
First one was really good, this one was okay, I think I'll skip the 3rd.
Sandy Hall
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loving this series! Scary good'
Tracie Lester
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Plenty of ghosts and spookiness!!

• The Body at Auercliff
  • Sand Trap (Haunted #3)
  • House of Bones
  • The Drought
  • Inferno Park
  • Nightmare (Dangerous Times, #2)
  • The Dark: New Ghost Stories
  • The Seventh Ward (The Haunted #2)
  • The Home
  • The Almshouse
  • Everybody Dies - A Thriller (Phineas Troutt Mysteries Book 3)
  • December
  • All Hallow's Dead
  • The Change (Outage #5)
  • The Surge
  • No Doors, No Windows
  • The Impossible Coin (The Downwinders, #2)
  • Ghosts
Ron Ripley is a husband and father surviving in New England, a place which seems to be getting colder every day. He grew up across from a disturbingly large cemetery where he managed to scare himself every night before going to bed. Mostly because of the red lights that people put in front of the headstones. Those things are just plain creepy to a kid.

Ron enjoys writing horror, military history an

Moving In (6 books)
  • Moving In (Moving In #1)
  • Middlebury Sanitarium (Moving In #3)
  • The First Church (Moving In #4)
  • The Pauper's Crypt (Moving In #5)
  • The Academy (Moving In #6)
“The building was small, painted white with dark green trim with the Atlantic behind it. The ocean was gray and harsh, whitecaps breaking upon dark sands while a cold, northern wind battered at the dunes and seagrass. William smiled at the dark clouds. Behind them, the sun had begun its slow descent, and soon William would be alone with the ocean and his thoughts. Closing the truck’s door, he walked around to the side, reached into the bed and pulled out his sea-bag. He threw it over his shoulder and walked up to the house. He bent down and moved aside a loose paving stone to find the key to the house, as Jeremy’s mother had said.” 1 likes
“He turned his collar up against the bitter wind coming in off of the Atlantic and tried to pull himself into his pea coat. His pants were pressed against his legs by the stiff breeze and the sound of his boots on the pavement was ripped away by the same harsh wind. Five minutes of walking brought George to the house,” 1 likes