Jump to ratings and reviews
He's no saint. Dover Collector Ragnes rides with only five brothers at his back. Nomads with no place to call home, they never stay in one place too long. Together, they are the Devil's Due MC, and their only purpose is to serve justice their way for unsolved crimes everywhere they go. She's not afraid to call herself a sinner. Emerson Flint still remembers the loss of her elementary school best friend. She is all grown up, but the memories still haunt her of the missing girl. Surrounding herself with men at the tattoo shop, she never questions her safety. Her life is her art. Her canvas is the skin of others. Will Dover overcome the history he shares with Emerson in time? Will Emerson lead him to the retribution he has always sought? Contains mature themes.

148 pages, Kindle Edition

Published May 23, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Chelsea Camaron

98 books2,422 followers
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Chelsea Camaron is a small town Carolina girl with a big imagination. She is a wife and mom chasing her dreams.

She writes contemporary romance, erotic suspense, and psychological thrillers. She loves to write blue-collar men who have real problems with a fictional twist. From mechanics to bikers to oil riggers to smokejumpers, bar owners, and beyond, she loves a strong hero who works hard and plays harder.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

447 (38%)
55 (4%)
1 star
11 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 148 reviews
Profile Image for XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy.
1,473 reviews434 followers
September 12, 2016
Audiobook review. I enjoyed the plot and the concept of vigilante MC nomads. The author did a good job of coming up with something that felt meaningful and was interesting. There were some difficult parts to get through due to the graphic nature of the content and emotions associated with such. It goes without saying that Dover and Em have done what they could to cope with the event that changed their lives. There were moments I did feel they had a connection, though at other times, it felt circumstantial. The way he treated the women he slept with and the switch that was flipped for Em... I don't fully buy it. In the bedroom, they were very hot. No doubt there. In my opinion, there were some areas of opportunity that led to the rating I assigned. The biggest of which is the dialogue. There were a few cringe-worthy moments but none stick out more than one of our good guys yelling at a dying man that there were going to "see (them) in hell where they will (screw) them in the @$$ for all eternity." While I can understand the emotion of the first part, as this was not a good person dying, I just felt the latter was crass and completely out of place. Next, I would say the pacing was good when it concerns the main plot but too fast when it comes to the relationship. It didn't feel like the two were in sync. All in all, I found it a decent read. Narration was done well. Safety: We get scenes of the H having sex with OW before he gets with the h. They are graphic/detailed. He is not very nice to them at all. There is rape and abuse of children. Please heed this trigger warning. It is not easy to read.
Profile Image for Erth.
3,374 reviews
July 15, 2020
Wow, what a read , this book has it all from romance, hot biker sex to harrowing story lines and heartbreak . It's a story of justice in the best way and a way of moving on . The characters are all great , the guys are strong and not afraid to do what needs to be done , damn the consequences . There is great banter between them , which I can see evolving as the series moves forward. Also the lead female is amazing as she is strong and sassy ,which makes you want to fight her corner .
Without giving away too much , this book is amazing and well worth the effort it must have taken to write it . But be warned , you will fall for either one or all the Devils due mc , because the devil always gets what is due .
Profile Image for Fatimama.
1,017 reviews54 followers
November 3, 2017
I found it too cheesy. Bikers spouting shit about fate and whatevs just an hour after seeing the heroine. Too depressing at some parts as the Hero’s sister was raped and murdered when she was very young. She happens to be the best friend of the heroine. The H/h both have trauma from that depressing event. The writing was convoluted and it got boring on some parts coz of the H’s biker creew. This book is not for me.
835 reviews75 followers
July 4, 2016
The synopsis to In the Red definitely caught my eye. The biker romance genre is a favorite of mine and I especially love it when someone interjects a new little twist. For this book, a group of nomad bikers who have all suffered some sort of tragedy in their past band together and travel around the country to solve cold cases.

A tragedy of epic proportions connects Dover and Emerson. Dover’s sister was Emerson’s best friend and was kidnapped and brutally used and murdered by a serial killer when she was nine years old. For Emerson, it meant her parents made a prisoner out of her with their need to be overprotective of her. This caused her to leave home as soon as she could. For Dover, it meant a lifetime of guilt since he felt responsible for his baby sister’s death, eventually causing him to leave too. Emerson ended up a tattoo artist, Dover ended up a member of the Devil’s Due, meting out vigilante justice whenever he can.

I had a hard time with Emerson. I can’t imagine the horror of being nine years old and having your friend brutally murdered. I also can’t imagine still wallowing in your misery years later. It was like no healing ever took place for her, even after she escaped her mother’s smothering ways.

I did understand Dover. He let what happened to his sister shape his life but in what could be considered constructive ways. First, he became a cop and then when he realized how often justice falls down on the job, he became a vigilante. Although still broken because of his crushing guilt, he was at least trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I am firmly in the camp of being just fine with insta-love books as long as it’s done right. I’m not sure Emerson and Dover fell in that category. The chemistry was there but these two had so much baggage and so much antagonism towards each other at first, it just didn’t seem believable to me.

A lot of coincidences needed to be looked over in this book. A big one is that Dover, Emerson, and the killer all end up in the same town. Another is that Emerson just happens to end up being mentored by a man who Dover’s MC considers a good friend, if not a father figure. I found myself having to suspend belief too many times which was a disappointment.

I found the members of Dover’s MC interesting even if they all had a habit of saying things that sounded stolen from fortune cookies. Don’t get me wrong, bikers can definitely get deep, but these guys could have passed for biker monks with seriously foul mouths. I had to make a conscious decision to find this funny instead of annoying.

I thought In the Red was a decent read with an interesting plot. With more character development and time to really flesh things out, I think this would have moved to the really good read level.

Spice’s Rating: 3.5 Decent Read But… Stars

For this review and more, check out EDGy Reviews

Profile Image for Diane Holtry.
670 reviews48 followers
April 8, 2017

The Devil's Due MC has just won a forever place in my heart!
The members of the MC are rude, crude, loyal and true seeking justice where the system has failed them and others. The guys are all haunted by their pasts and are attempting to eradicate the evils of the world one at a time - trying to make sure the the devil gets his due. Their tales are heartbreaking but they are determined to right wrongs done to themselves and others.
Dover aka Collector gets his world turned upside down with a blast from the past - one feisty, tattooed woman by the name of Emerson, 'Em' aka Sonnie. Both struggling to live while being caught up in the past. Their connection and pull to each other is strong and electric. The past separated them but fate has seen to it that they are brought together again.
It's clear that each MC member has a story to tell and I can't wait to read them all. Trapper, Judge, X, Rowdy and Deacon .. I'm coming for you! Chelsea Camaron has wowed me with this crew and I can't wait for more!
Profile Image for Marie Vasquez.
1,598 reviews73 followers
May 19, 2016
3.5 STARS

I've read several of Chelsea Camaron's collaborations with other authors, but this was my first of one of her books written solely by her. I loved the premise of the story. It's so common to see an MC series that abides by their own rules (come what my), but the Devil's Due MC was different. They still stay true to living by their own rules, but their purpose is to right wrongs and ensure justice gets served.

These nomads travel the country and help get closure for so many lost and broken souls. The bikers were quite intriguing and I'm most certainly interested in learning more about them. I look forward to reading book 2 in this series and learning X's story. That little teaser we get in this book was the perfect hook to have me wanting to know more. :)

The reason for not giving it 5 stars is my lack of connection with Sonnie and Collector. I understood their connection, based on their shared pain and past...but I had trouble connecting with their shared emotions. I wasn't until the near end that I began to feel like I was in their shoes, but by then the story was ending.

Aside from that, the story was VERY well written, intriguing and fast paced. I am most definitely a fan and can't wait to reading "Below the Line".
Profile Image for Eleanor.
927 reviews29 followers
June 10, 2016
4 Devil's Due Stars

I went into this book thinking yeah this is going to be good. I wasn't disappointed. MC books are one of my favourite genres to read and this book was fast paced, Dark and gritty. Yet it has some humor thrown in as well. I couldn't put it down and read it in two sittings. (Life tends to get in the way!)

“I’ve had a small taste of having something real. That was last night with you. This pull between us is too strong.” – Dover

I liked the idea behind the story, especially since it involved a small yet seemingly tight-knit motorcycle club that was formed with one idea in mind. I loved Dover and Emerson together, they really worked! I'll be keeping an eye out for more in this series.
Profile Image for KDRBCK.
5,464 reviews14 followers
April 6, 2017
In The Red by Chelsea Camaron is the first book in the Devil´s Due MC series.
Dover " Collector " Ragnes is an ex-cop. He and five other nomads are the Devil´s Due MC.
They serve justice where the law fails.
And there is Emerson - Sonnie - Flint, a tattoo artist who´s life was destroyed at the age of 9. Both have a common past.
My heart broke for these two lost souls. There is violence, twists and turns and scorching hot sex.
I loved the characters, I loved how good they were together and as individuals.
I loved the gruff alpha males and that they are not one of the typical MCs.
I loved the other characters of the Devil´s Due MC and can´t wait till the next installment, Below The Line.
5 Stars and Thank you Chelsea Camaron!
Profile Image for HMS.
1,412 reviews77 followers
July 26, 2016
I need a bit more attention to detail and IMO, this one didn't deliver. A great premise, but sketchy details.
Profile Image for Kim  Brewing.
3,143 reviews31 followers
July 16, 2017
I actually read about Gretchen first in Serving My Soldier and then on to the Crossover book, so I was excited to finally read Dover's book.

I loved the story. The scene near the end on the balcony had me sniffling. I know this is an MC book, and I don't mind them raw or gritty, but I really didn't care for the way these guys were with women. I'm assuming it was to show how different he was with Em, but I just didn't like that part of the story.
It was pretty fast paced and I was content with the way the story flowed. Loved Sonnie/Em. Can't wait to read more.

A man driven for justice and a woman just trying to live. Can they help each other get over events of the past? or is there too much history and disappoints between the two?
Profile Image for Lustful Literature.
1,822 reviews324 followers
May 24, 2016

Josie's Review 4.5 STARS

What an amazing start this book was for a new series. As soon as I started to read the prologue I was completely hooked. This book deals with dark and harsh situations, ones that left me reeling and left me completely broken. But through the darkness in this book there is also so much beauty and promise in the form of love. When family, friends, neighbors and a town are left with more questions than answers after a heinous and shocking crime, no one would ever be the same. Darkness, emptiness and anger are what is left of a brother and best friend, trying to move on in life, never forgetting that tragic day.

After the loss of his little sister Dover (Collector) has never been the same. He lives with so much guilt from that tragic day. The day that he was left to watch her and he failed. It broke my heart when he would have flashbacks of their past as children. There is pain so deep and profound within Dover that it bleeds off the pages. He tried to live his life but never forgot his sister, and never truly was at peace. Never knowing what really happened has left a permanent hole in his heart and his life. Years later he is part of a Nomad chapter of the Devil’s Due MC. Collector and the 5 members of the MC travel the country with one goal, to serve justice on all the unanswered crimes. Collector has never returned to his home town. That is until a case brings him back.

After losing her best friend Emerson’s world crumbled. She not only had to mourn the loss of her best friend, but her parents also lived in fear of the unknown and her life and home changed drastically. It is understandable the level of fear her parents lived during that time, but Emerson was literally a prisoner. Once she is able to leave home Emerson, leaves and never looks back. She adopts a new name (Sonnie) and has a talent as a tattoo artist. She befriends a man who takes her in and becomes her adoptive father. I loved the little things Emerson constantly does in honor and remembrance of her best friend. Emerson has a tough exterior but you can tell the past dictates her life. When her past comes walking through the tattoo shop her first instinct is to run.

Dover was so perfect for me. He is damaged and he knows it but seeing Emerson again sparks something in him, something that has been missing for years. I love that he is a total alpha when it comes to Emerson. He knows they share the same pain and loss, he knows she is hiding herself from the world, but he is not letting her hide from him. Emerson was an amazing female lead, feisty and strong and did she did not back down. Emerson sees the guilt in Dover’s eyes and she wants to help ease his pain but she never expected to fall for him in the process. Will Dover and Emerson, finally bring Raleigh’s killer to justice? Can they find peace and love in each other?

The Devil’s Due member’s each have their own story to tell and are vowing justice for something that happened to them. I really loved the sense of loyalty and brotherhood they shared. Their friendship and bond help them seek justice for those who never were able to get closure. Dover and Emerson each have to fight through their pain and find a way to seek justice for Raleigh while making peace with her loss. This book is extremely touching, some of the topics detailed were hard for me at times but those parts delivered an incredible profoundness and sense of realness in this book. The characters and plot were written so well, and this story touched my heart in more ways than one. I really enjoyed the first installment in this series and look forward to seeing each member get the justice they deserve.

Profile Image for Amy.
693 reviews
May 20, 2016
In The Red
Chelsea Camaron
5 stars

In The Red Nomad Bikers is the first book in the new Devil’s Due MC series given to us by Chelsea Camaron. The read is fantastic but there are some potential triggers due to the violence involved. There is one descriptive event but again if you can hang on it will be well worth it. The men of Devil’s Due are out for renegade justice.

Unsolved crimes – that is what the men of Devils Due MC follow up with. Each member has his own reasons and his own unsolved case he is chasing. Dover Collector Ragnes was the collector of souls; dark souls. Dover is chasing the man who killed his 9 year old sister. He rides with his five brothers with no roots. They don’t stay in one place long as they head toward the next target; the next lead. Raleigh Ragnes was riding her bike to her best friends house when she never made it. Dover is responsible or at least he feels that way …. He was supposed to be watching her. Instead he was more concerned with the girl laying on his bed.

Emerson Flint will never forget the day she lost part of her heart. Raleigh was like an angel. The night she disappeared was the end of Emerson. The case was never solved. Raleigh was found in a horrible place and what was done to her was worse. She wont ever forget. She had to leave the place she only felt pain … she had to get as far away as she could.

Heading toward his biggest lead Dover never imagines he would be looking at the girl he remembers with such emotion. The past and the future have just collided with memories of agony and danger.

This is a really fantastic start to what poses to be a amazing series. The secondary characters are just as intriguing as Emerson and Dover. Each man has a story to tell. Trapper, Rowdy, Deacon, Judge, and X will all have their revenge. Below the Line is next up – Owen X Gallow. Get ready because the snippet we get will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Thank you for the ARC! I love this series and I cannot wait for all the guys’ stories.

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.
Profile Image for Kim.
475 reviews10 followers
August 13, 2016
I really liked the premise of this series, nomads doling out justice to criminals after trying to do it the straight and narrow way and finding out that doesn’t always work out. The story line in this book was also interesting and I was sucked into wanting to see where it went in the prologue. However I just didn’t relate or have any feelings for the people in it. I mean I did for what they have been through and finding their justice but that’s about it.

Also being from Alabama we have skanks, no doubt, but the shit that went on in the first couple of chapters….um no, the vast majority of skanks here have much more self-respect than to throw themselves at these assholes in that manner. Fiction or not, no matter where it took place, it was just a touch much and quite frankly nasty. Oh and being from Alabama something else that drove me nuts is….it’s Leeds not Leed, I’m sure unless you live here or know the area this makes no difference but I live in Alabama and know the area so this drove me nuts.

Honestly I just really disliked most of these people in general, the guys were nasty assholes with few redeeming qualities and Emerson was just a twat….and pulled off the skank
“act” a little too well for me. I liked Earl and that was about it. They were all interesting but their personalities grated on my nerves way too much. Especially Trapper, damn I wanted to slap the shit out of him….but then I read that bonus scene at the end and it seems to have confirmed a few things that I suspected about him from all that mouthing off he did the whole damn book.

The story, plot, the twists and turns, and the premise of this book/series is great….the characters not so much. So I don’t know if I will continue with this series or not, I love the premise of this nomad series but I just did not like the characters in it. I felt for their issues they survived and what they were doing I just didn’t like them enough to really care, at least not while reading this story. I don’t know there was just something that was missing in these characters for me and that took away from the story.
Profile Image for Cindy.
2,216 reviews133 followers
May 29, 2016
New series about six men whose souls were all gutted by some tragedy in their past where justice wasn't served by the law. These men all came together to form the Devil's Due – their own personal MC club that doles out their own private justice giving the devil his due.

First up is Dover ‘Collector’ Ragnes. He was quite a bit older than his sister Raleigh, but she was still the sun and moon to him. When she goes missing on his watch when he was a teenager and turns up days later dead after being sliced up and raped he vows to spend the rest of his life finding the man responsible.

Emerson Flint was Raleigh's best friend. The two were thick as thieves growing up and had plans to always be friends no matter what. When Raleigh died not only did she loose her best friend but she also lost her freedom as her mother was so scared that something would also happen to her she suffocated her. As soon as she turned 18 she left town and never looked back.

Now its many years later and fate has put Dover and Emerson in the same town. Him and his men following up on a lead that the man that might have killed his sister is in town and Emerson the tatoo artist working in a shop where the team end up looking for new tattoos.

Dover and Emerson both still walk with the ghost of Raleigh on their souls. Emerson does it in a healthy way as opposed to Dover's self imposed guilt he wallows in.

This was a nice change from the typical MC troupes out there. These guys are not a typical MC – they have no homes – just roam from town to town meting out justice. Its obvious the other 5 men all have their own demons they are living with and I look forward to finding out what those are in future books. No cliffy here either – justice for Raleigh was served at the end of this book in a most satisfying way.
Profile Image for Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader.
373 reviews11 followers
May 25, 2016
When unspeakable tragedy strikes it causes a ripple effect that effects everyone. Sometimes forever. Sometimes that effect is so great that it controls you entire being, fueling a need for revenge and justice. This is exactly and well played out in this book.

Collector and his band of brothers bring justice to the innocent by finding the ones that made them just a file in a box, long set to the side. Collector has a personal stake in the file burning a hole in his saddlebag. His little sister. The leads that they follow bring him to a familiar town in Alabama. The home of an old friend and much to Collector's surprise - a huge part of his past - his sisters best friend, Emerson. Emerson lived her life is a suffocating bubble since the day her best friend was taken and murdered. Once she was able to escape she spent her days immersing herself in her art and the human canvases she tattoos. Never once forgetting her best friend...or her brother.

Will Collector and Emerson take this run in as a sign for a bright future - together, or as two ships passing in the night.

From the first chapter, In The Red will take hold of you. The story and how it is told through both Emerson and Dover make you feel as if you are reliving the memories also. The writing is well done, to the point that I would be safe to say that this might be the best written book by Chelsea Camaron to date. The secondary characters are also excellent (Yeah, I'm looking at you Trapper). The personality that they exude is infectious and will make you want to hear their stories NOW.

This is my confession: Can we have Below the Line now? Seriously, the world NEEDS Trapper and Avery's story.
Profile Image for Erin Lewis.
3,989 reviews118 followers
May 16, 2016
5 Star Review of In The Red: Nomad Bikers (Devil's Due MC Book 1) by Chelsea Camaron

This was a new author to me and what an introduction it was. In The Red: Nomad Bikers is the first book in the new Devil’s Due MC and judging by this book, this series is off to a winning start.

The book in my opinion is a dark read, well written and captured my attention from the beginning. I really enjoyed Ms. Camaron writing style and will certainly be looking at her other series. It is certainly gritty and edgy and some of the situations are not for the faint of heart.

What happens when a crime so heinous goes unpunished? For the family and friends, it means a life searching for answers and trying to bring the perpetrator to justice. It also means that they are not living a full life.

Tragedy struck Emerson Flint when she was 9 years old; she lost her best friend whilst 17 year old Dover ‘Collector’ Ragnes lost the little sister he adored. My heart broke for both Dover and Emerson.

Dover’s mission in life is to ensure justice is served on Raleigh’s killer. That is what the Devil’s Due MC does, they serve justice when all else has failed on unsolved crimes. They hunt them down and do what is required to bring justice to those who cannot ask for it.

What Dover doesn’t expect is to run into Emerson Flint when he is looking for justice. Will their past impact on their attraction to each other? Will it causer more danger for Emerson?

I loved Dover and Emerson together, as a couple and more importantly as individuals. I really liked all the members of the Devil’s Due MC and look forward to reading each of their stories.
Profile Image for Renee Entress.
4,972 reviews69 followers
May 27, 2016
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, surprises, grief, suspense, revenge, and heartbreak.

This is Emerson Flint and Dover ‘Collector’ Ragnes’s story. These two people are after one thing. The one thing is revenge. They are determined to get that revenge at whatever the cost. The nomads travel around to get justice. But for these two this case hits close to home. All the nomads have their own cases they are following. They follow every lead and hope to close all the cases that haunt them. When the latest lead brings Dover to Emerson he can still see the pain she feels years later. Emerson can’t forget the pain she feels about her friend being taken away. This story will keep you on the edge of your seat. You can feel the pain roll off of these two throughout the story. You only hope they can solve the crime.

I loved these characters and also the side characters. I felt I was able to connect with the characters and the story was a great read.

I highly recommend this book.
Profile Image for Judy.
1,064 reviews
June 15, 2016
Dover aka "Collector" is part of a band of Nomads seeking to right past injustices in their lives. Dover and Emerson are thrown back together after suffering the loss of Dover's little sister and Emerson's best friend when she was 9 years old to a serial rapist/murderer. The focal point of the book is Dover and Emerson's desire for justice and the hot romance that develops between the two of them. So you have a murder/mystery, hot alpha biker men and a young tattoo artist who is trying to move forward after losing her best friend in a horrendous manner. The book could have used a better editor as there are noticeable edit issues but overall I enjoyed the story and the fact that it wasn't the same old MC drama with the same plot and similar characters.

3.5 Stars for me.
Profile Image for Josie.
294 reviews13 followers
May 25, 2016
4.5 stars out of 5 stars
This what a great start to a new series a MC with one goal - JUSTICE!!!! This book was one that was impossible to put down once I read the prologue, it's dark and harsh manners will leave you reeling and wanting more. More of my review to come shortly.

To see my full review see here : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Profile Image for Dolly.
315 reviews19 followers
May 27, 2016
Could've Been Much Better

Just not enough of everything...not enough story development, not enough character development, and just too darkly, intense for this lack of development. It was good, but could have been so much better...
Profile Image for Renee.
1,190 reviews18 followers
May 9, 2016
The crime that brings Dover together with the Devil s Due was horrible. The event shaped him, his parents and his sisters beat friend. This is a powerful novel. If you like dark it is GREAT
Profile Image for Suzanne.
289 reviews26 followers
June 29, 2016
Didn't see this one panning out the way it did. Chelsea got me with a few twists! Can't wait till the next installment
Profile Image for Elizabeth Horbaczek.
752 reviews5 followers
June 13, 2017
the author would like an honest review.

5 stars

I'm completely in love with Dover. He has grown up with the guilt of his sister dying and him feeling it was his fault. The guilt keeps him awake at night because they never found her killer and the case went cold. He has been with his brothers for awhile now and they want to make things right. Dover has found new evidence and now he is back in bama to see if it is true. Dover is this man that is so troubled that he feels he should never have anything good. He has gone through life with nothing. Until he found his brother's, now he has a purpose. A purpose of making the criminals pay. The MC's way of course. This man is absolutely brilliant. The way he was written make you fall for him instantly. He draws you in and keep you there till the end. Emerson was Raleigh's best friend. Emerson was there through everything that happen to Dover's sister. Her parents trapped her in her house after Raleigh disappeared and died. She wasn't allowed to live. When she turned eighteen her dad gave her some money and she made her way down to Bama to start a new life. She became a tattoo artist and became very close to the owner. Emerson has had a rough life too. She is so strong, she is trying to move on but you can tell throughout this book she needs some closure. She needs to know that everything is going to be ok. So when Dover walks into her tattoo shop she doesn't know why he is back.

Dover was brought down to Bama for a lead. A lead to get his life some closure. He never thought he would see Emerson. Emerson needs closure. She never thought she would see Dover. They were both brought together for closure. How they get this closure is the question now. These two were perfect for each other. They needed each other to live. They just didn't know it. Their chemistry is perfect. Their lives are connected forever and now they have to see if they can live with the after effects that are going to happen in this book.

I have to tell you, these characters are well thought out. I love them. Each of them have a story and their story shows through on every book. There are some dark and twisty things, but what I have learned is that this group has a heart of gold. They will try to make things better the best way the know how, because you know the Devil gets its own.

Great series. I'm hopping into the next book. I can't wait to dive into X's story.
Profile Image for Brandy Roberts.
2,028 reviews46 followers
May 11, 2017
I'm such a huge fan of Chelsea Camaron and I can't believe I'V never read In the red yet , from the very beginning it had me drawn to the heartache that Dover/Collector and Sonnie/Emerson go through from the loss that they endured . Was on the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen and when it did my mind along with my heart were blown . Dover and Emerson share a strong bond and once they are reunited in a fate kind of way the electric pool grows even more intense every scene they share . Emerson is a strong , awesome , talented , and bold heroine loved that she has tattoos and is a tattoo artist she can take her own even with a butch of funny dirty talking bikers so wanted to high five her on a certain scene and the banter she has with the guys Especially Trapper had me laughing but we get to see bits of a darkness/sadness inside him that I can't wait to find out Chelsea gave us a little tease in the end though .Dover just gutted me the anguish and guilt her caries is very somber but I admired his determination to find the person reasonable and stop them, his group of brothers had one others backs they would do anything for each other . Liked the concept of this being a different kind of MC reminded me of a darker version of robin and his band of merry men . Can't wait to see whats to come really excited for X and Hadleys story from the little encounter at the end of this I know the authors going to rip my heart out again .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
Profile Image for CYNDY.
882 reviews18 followers
May 12, 2017
****4 Devil’s Due Stars****
This book is emotional ride and it full of suspense. At the age of 17 Dover (Collector) life changed forever; at the age of 9 Emerson (Sonnie) life would never be the same. When Dover sister Raleigh goes missing on his watch he has felt nothing but responsible every day. The day Raleigh life changed she lost her best friend and her parent kept her under constant supervision and did not have an outside life anymore she had been broken ever since that day. Fast forward Dover is now part of the Devil’s Due MC there goal is help solve crimes and help get justice for victims but they also have been working the cold case of Dover sister. Emerson finally breaks free of her parent’s hold she becomes "Sonnie" and finds herself working for "Old Dog" as a tattoo artist in a small southern town. When Sonnie past catches up and it brings with it Dover, Raleigh’s older brother Emerson knows the guilt he carries and wants to help him see that it wasn’t his fault, what she doesn’t expect is the forceful attraction they have for each other. With each of them being a reminder of their past can they really have a future? And will Raleigh’s killer finally be brought to justice, the Devils Due way?
****ARC from Enticing Journey Book Promotions for review****
234 reviews4 followers
May 30, 2017
If you like MC books but are looking for something outside the norm, then this is the series for you. This is the first book in the Devil’s Due MC series and it start off with a punch and it doesn’t stop surprising. I am completely addicted to this series. This story is based on Dover and Emerson, their past that brings them together so that just, maybe they can heal. The prologue will shake you deep down inside and as the story slowly unfolds you will start to feel that things will be okay. The chemistry between these characters is perfect and I found myself laughing at the antics on these pages telling me that the rest of the series is going to be amazing as well. This is a heart wrenching story of redemption but it is also about true friendship and the extents you would go for someone you love.
I have a feeling that this series is only going to get better so I give this book four stars. I know that this will be an amazing series and I have a feeling that Trapper’s story is going to break me, and I can’t wait. In fact, I’m going to start book two right now.
Profile Image for Tanya Santiago.
119 reviews1 follower
May 4, 2017
***4 Stars***

This was a great start to a different kind of MC series! I loved the vigilante concept that the author is going with.

Our main characters are Dover “Collector” Raynes and Emerson “Sonnie” Flint whose past is just heartbreaking. When Dover was 17, his nine year old sister Raleigh was killed in the most horrific way that no child should endure. Emerson was Raleigh’s best friend at the time. Dover and his group of nomad bikers formed the Devil’s Due MC. They each have a reason for getting justice for a crime that went unpunished to either them or a loved one.

Since then, Dover has made it his mission to find out who his sister’s killer was and will not stop until justice is served. Years pass by and Dover and his crew stumble across a town in Alabama where Dover reconnects with Sonnie and also to follow a lead that may lead to his sister’s killer.

The book is well written and the other members of the Devil’s Due MC are great! My favorite thus far is Trapper! He is too funny. My next read is the next installment in this series which I am sure will just as good as this one!

Review copy provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions for honest review.

For more reviews, please visit:

Displaying 1 - 30 of 148 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.