Start by marking “O Estranho (O Homem dos Meus Sonhos, #1)” as Want to Read:
O Estranho (O Homem dos Meus Sonhos, #1)

O Estranho

(Dream Man #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  61,805 ratings  ·  4,205 reviews
No meio da noite, a cena se repete: Gwendolyn Kidd acorda com um visitante misterioso ao seu lado, tem algumas horas de sexo incrível e, em seguida, ele se despede e sai tão silenciosamente quanto entrou. Esse é o ponto de partida para O Estranho, de Kristen Ashley, que mistura romance, aventura e uma boa dose de erotismo. Lançado pelo Fábrica 231, o selo de entretenimento ...more
Published March 4th 2016 by Fábrica231 (first published July 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about O Estranho, please sign up.
Maria Clara Just two novellas. But yeah, a full length novel would be better.
Tazin Mashruba I thin you would enjoy it a lot more if you read this series in order!

·  61,805 ratings  ·  4,205 reviews

Stacia (the 2010 club)
This will be yet another review where I will show off my fine skills of prioritizing. Forget the hero, the heroine, or the story. We have other stuff to take care of first.

Character description taken from the book itself :

I didn't expect to see tall, broad, inked-to-the-max, long blond-haired Dog standing at the other side of the counter.

HOLD THE PHONE. No one bothered to tell me that Dog the Bounty Hunter was making an appearance in this book.

Then...just when I thought it couldn't get any more
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
-1.000 Stars

When I decided to read this book I thought I was in for something, at the very least, interesting if not mind-blowing, since most of my friends seemed to love it. What I got was a messed up relationship, a shallow(and idiotic) heroine and a hero who... a hero... um, I really don't know what to say about the hero.

Reasons why the heroine was an impecile who should have died long ago:

1) She was having sex with a guy whose name she didn't even know. Not once or twice, but every week fo
Aestas Book Blog
HOLY ALPHA MALES!!!!!!! Yowza!!!! *fans self*

I'm surprised this book didn't self-combust from the degree of utterly squee/drool/swoon-worthy, bossy, possessive, unapologetic, sweet, tender, badass, HOT UBER ALPHA males in it!! I mean WOW! This book is pure over-the-top deliciousness!

This book has it all: to-die-for hero, a sassy, smartass heroine, lots of action, hot hot sex, secret lairs, badass commandos, badass bikers, badass cops, drive-by's, cosmo parties, family time, romance, a few mi
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Starting off the year with a re-read fave...

MYSTERY MAN

HAWK

GWEN

description

“'You live in your head too much, you curl up and shut shit out and spend so much time doing it, you forget to live your life. You can’t live your life in your head. That isn’t living.'”

description

“'You’re livin’ in Badass World, baby,' he whispered in my ear.
'Fair warning, until I fix what I cut in you, you’re there to stay.'”

description

"'You're in deep with me, aren't you, baby?'
I whispered my question just to confirm.
'Drowning.' he whispered back.”
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
4/13/18 - ON SALE for $1.99:

Right off the bat, if you want to know if this is a book for you, ask yourself this question (and answer it HONESTLY): do you find the idea of meeting a ridiculously hot alpha male--we're talking ex-special forces--at a bar, taking him home for the best sex OF YOUR LIFE, never learning his name, then afterwards him leaving, never to be seen again, except a few days later he's back in your bed, waking you for more of the best sex OF YOUR LIFE, a
Taryn
Sadly, this book was a DNF for me. I got half way through and had to stop. I really wanted to like this one since it has the kind of hero I love: a mean, over the top alpha jerk.

The story of how Hawk and Gwen met is not what bothered me. It's what occurred after that sent me over the edge. It was absolutely ridiculous and I just could not get past it.

Gwen has a one night stand with a man, who is presumably to be Hawk...but she's not quite sure and to be honest, neither am I. After that one nig
Christy
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Cabe “Hawk” Delgado Stars!!!

Photobucket
I LOVE HAWK! Just going to put that out there before I review this book! How can you not??? What a yummy alpha male! Okay okay now to the book...

A year and a half. Thats how long Gwendolyn Kidd has been sleeping with MM, her Mystery Man. A year and a half ago she heard these words at the bar...
“You comin’ or what?”
She took MM home with her that night, and now he makes regular weekly visits. Sneaks in at night, then disappears.
Gwen is having some issues wit
XxTainaxX
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the story premise was a little out there but it had the sexy alpha male you come to expect from KA. Hawk is actually one of the less intense heroes I've read from her as far as possessiveness is concerned. He had enough to play it up but he was pretty cool about it.... Well compared to someone like Knight that is lol The plot did lose me briefly but it wrapped up nicely. Gwen did not win me over like the other heroines have. I'd rate this a 3.5.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Just $0.99 today for Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A...

Mystery Man is the first book in the Dream Man series and while it has Kristen Ashley written all over it - no pun intended, it’s a little more romantic suspense than the Colorado Mountain series.

Cabe “Hawk” Delgado is another hot, over the top, super alpha hero and I love, love, LOVE him! Gwendolyn Kidd is a great heroine; Smart, savvy, independent, and takes no crap from anyone. Though I love how, being wooed by three alpha
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Re-Read number 100000001. I STILL get all pissed at how KA twists Hawk's being an asshole that dumps Gwen into somehow being Gwen's fault and she has to beg him to forgive her!! And...DO NOT even get me started on his mother coming to yell at Gwen and guilt tripping her when it was HER son that was being the asshole...sigh. Why do I keep re-reading this book?? LMAO

description

There are so many things that annoy me with this book, Gwen's an idiot, Hawk is a douche, but it is still one of my favorite books an
Kristen
3 to 3.5 stars

The three star rating is completely due to Gwen's annoying and nitwitted character. Not even Hawk, the swoonalishous hero, could fully save this book for me.

I really tried to love this book but the heroine just rubbed me wrong. Really, really wrong! I understand why Hawk was enamored by her, he's the hero after all; but I'm still trying to figure out why Mitch and Tack were so smitten with her. I just don't get it! Of all Kristen Ashley heroines I've read, Gwen had the least subs
Mimi Smith

Dear Gwen

No, I'm not a stalker. Why would you think that? I just wanted to talk to you about all that's happened in the last couple of weeks. Since you're not available (aka won't meet me), I'll just lay it all here.

First of all I'm really sorry about Ginger. She has always been trouble, but I never thought it would come to this. Gangs, cops, FBI. I'm also very sorry you got caught up in it. But, really you could always see there's something wrong with that one...

“Ginger. A pain in my a
Jennifer Kyle
PACKING MY BAGS AND MOVING TO DENVER...YOU GET ME?

Once there, I'm finding an abandon warehouse tying myself up and waiting for Hawk Delgado to come rescue me. A girl can dream right?

description

Gwendolyn Piper Kidd is a self-employed freelance editor whose marriage fell apart. She is out on the town having cosmos with her girls when she spots super hawt “Mystery Man”. When he gets up and leaves she fears that she didn’t catch his eye. He then stops by her stool on his way out and says:

"You comin' or what?"
Splage
Update 9/10/13
Fabulous!! I have become a big audiobook person lately because real life is crazy and I desperately need my romance fixes!! This audiobook and narrator were spectacular, her voice totally nailed all the crazy personalities...it was SO MUCH FUN!! The story already is one of my favorites, then add the voice of the narrator and it makes the colorful characters and story even more enjoyable.

5+++ STARS -- A non-stop, wild ride! Mystery Man was the land of BADASSES and the testosterone w
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies...

Now pack your bags up!

Considering there’s not one but four yummy heroes introduced in this first book in the Dream Man series that’s set in Denver, Colorado (all of whom get their own book...YAY!), not to mention the smokin’ hot, badass alpha heroes from Ashley’s Colorado Mountain series, and it definitely wouldn’t be surprising if all the single ladies sudde
Zeek
Jan 12, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried to stick it out because so many adore the series- but between the god awful dialog, "umm... Yeah". "ummmm". Umm" , and the wince worthy 1st person narrative, "then i walked in the front door. Then i walked to the kitchen. Then i pulled out a chair. Then i sat down.".

And to say nothing of the fact the main character is an obvious Mary Sue for the author. And last but certainly not least, I can usually handle the uber-alpha hero, love me some Barrons who alot of people can't handle, but t
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
Meet the guys... ;)

ADMIRER #1 :

NAME: Mitch Lawson.
OCCUPATION: Detective Mitch Lawson ;)

"Mitch".I whispered.
"What a perfect name ,soft and strong, things a cop need to be... Mitch."
He stared at me."Is it?", he asked.
"Perfect".
He stared at me some more.

DESCRIPTION With the perfect cop name that starts with 3 silent constables and ends with 'Lawson' as in 'son of the law.' Mitch is the hot-ass,soft spoken smoldering detective put on the case to bring down Gwendoline's little sister-from-he
Jill
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Nikki

Gwendolyn Kidd and Cabe "Hawk" Delgado.

Ordinarily Kristen Ashley's books would not be the type of romances I'd read. Let alone enjoy. Gwen is an annoying heroine at times with really slutty behaviour. She sleeps with the hero for eighteen months and doesn't know his name. Then drools over not one but two other guys. The hero is a bit of a controlling alpha. The plot is OTT and pretty unbelievable. And I am seriously beginning to think that all Kristen Ashley's heroes went to the same sc
Baba
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: Rating edited September 21, 2013. From 5 stars downgraded to 4 stars.

*********************************************************

Cabe (Hawk) Delgado said:
"Don't have that chance so nothin' I can do about that. But I darkened your door, baby, and you lit up my life again, so I'm not lettin' that go."

5 stars.

Wow! Mystery Man is another great story and hilariously penned by Kristen Ashley! Kristen swept me right off my feet and directed me straight to reader's heaven. She does it all the time!
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 cookie dough solves every problem STARS

“You’re livin’ in Badass World, baby,” he whispered in my ear. “Fair warning, until I fix what I cut in you, you’re there to stay.”

WHAT A HOT MESS!

There was so much going on, ups and downs and people getting kidnapped and shot at and so many characters. I just LOLed all the time.

If you follow my review you might know that I started my Kristen Ashley experience with the Unfinished Hero series and those books are essentially a two people character s
5 I'M OFFICIALLY A KA FAN STARS!!!!!
(BR with Elizabeth, Melissa, Tiffany, Angie, Lynn, Idelle, & Julie)

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

photo image_zpscb3470df.jpg

This was my first KA book and BOY IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!
I kept seeing all over Good Reads all the rave reviews on so many of her books and more than a few of my friends told me to get on the KA band wagon and quick.

Well "Mystery Man" was definitely the PERFECT choice for my first endeavor into KA.

photo image_zps5156443f.jpg

Gwendolyn Kidd has been having a hot affair with SEXY and ALL ALPHA MALE, Cab
Karla

5 Stars!! Mystery Man is a mystery no more and he is definitely a superhero!!

I’m at a loss for words, other than Kristen Ashley blew me away AGAIN! Just when you think to yourself that she can’t out-do the possessive male jerk from the last book you read…WRONG…let me introduce you to Cabe “Hawk” Delgado. Even his name makes me swoon! Gwen is the object of his fascination and he was the object of mine. She is the consummate fashion plate, funny and as enamored with Cabe as he is with her. These
Lady Heather
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley fans, contemporary romance fans
Fourth read: February 8-16, 2017

Let me first state that the audio version is a 3 star rating and the printed version is still a 5 star rating.

This re-read started out as an audio review, but around the 49% mark I had to go find my place on my Kindle and read the rest of the book from there.

There are two reasons why I did this:
1) I could read this book faster than the narrator was speaking.
2) I didn't care for the narration.
Don't get me wrong, she did a great job of narrating the story, but in m
Jessica Gadziala
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Oh, KA... you did it again.

Hot, sexy, original premise. On top of that, a likable heroine (can KA write one who isn't likable? Is that even in her wheelhouse?), and another badass alpha male. I will say, I was torn through a good chunk of the book. 'Cause I loved Gwen with Hawk, Tack, and Mitch (kinda how I REALLY loved Jules with Luke. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good love triangle). But in the end... Hawk was a good choice. And he called her "sweet pea". I mean... COME ON lol.

I read Dre
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley Fans, Romance
5 Recognizing How Great This Was Stars
* * * * *

When I first read this, it was during the binge of all KA. I think I had read Motorcycle Man and At Peace first... then did this series or Rock Chicks. I really can't remember right now. The reason I am bring this up is to say....

I Was Wrong....

Yup, I gave this a 4 star. It was during my thinking on the books I read while adding them to GR when I first came on. No reviews, just thinking back on how I felt while reading them. The reason I gave this
Lisa Jayne
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ALPHA-TASTIC STARS.

Kristen Ashley is an 'Alpha male' writing goddess. I for one think this author deserves a Good Reads prize for handing out these Alpha goodie treats for the world to share!

I found myself in a bit of a book slump, and was kindly advised to get my reading bottom into gear and start the 'Dream man' series. So I decided to start a Kristen Ashley book binge, and OH yes what a book to start with, dream man I got. I loved this book ~

EVERY.SINGLE.ALPHA.LOVING. CHAPTER.

(so, thank
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was my first KA <3 And a beginning of a beautiful friendship (addiction XD)

The story is an unusual one :) Gwen has a man that she only sees at night, they don't talk, she doesn't even know his name, but what she does know is that he's good in bed XD One day everything changes, her sister gets into a lot of trouble, and that forces Hawk to "come out". And when he does, Gwen decides to end things with him cause he esentially acts like a total jerk XD In the meantime, she meets Tack *drooli
Wendy
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery Man is fantastic. It's "laugh out loud" funny, at times quirky and full of hot alpha males, that'll have your "toes curling". Top that off with a wonderful heroine, who has fabulous taste in shoes! What more can you ask for?

Cabe "Hawke" Delgado.

Photobucket

Kristen Ashley you've done it AGAIN. Loved it!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STAR READ
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense-Adult
Series: Book 1 in Dream Man series

"Sweet Pea, what do you think i do for a living?"- Hawk
" You fly on your Super sonic Jet to hot, humid, tropical, war torn nations, execute your duties as a soilder for hire which means doing things like blowing up bridges and beating infidels into submission."- Gwen in
Mystery Man

I put all other books on pause to read this just to see what all the hype was about and i was not left
Shari Kay
I have absolutely no clue what to rate this book. I ran the gamut of emotions with this one, and though the two main characters brought out some very negative ones, they were also strong ones. K.A. can tell a story, even if I didn't like that story much. I was still turning the pages as fast as I could and thinking about the story when I wasn't reading it. That's gotta mean something.

So no way to explain these mixed feelings without ranting. I will spoiler tag anything major. Where to start?

Le
Turning Pages At ...: Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) (KA Buddy Read) by Kristen Ashley 87 26 Oct 21, 2018 10:14AM
looking for a romance book I read a while ago 1 32 Feb 11, 2018 12:52PM
The Challenge Fac...: Runell & Elena - Mystery Man 24 20 Aug 23, 2016 08:15PM
Searching for a book title and author 2 81 Sep 28, 2015 01:42PM
Alpa Males 27 429 Sep 09, 2015 02:40PM
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Sweet as Sin
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts Book 2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Trust in Advertising
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Dream Man (4 books)
  • Wild Man (Dream Man, #2)
  • Law Man (Dream Man, #3)
  • Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4)
“You're in deep with me, aren't you, baby?"
I whispered my question just to confirm.
"Drowning." he whispered back.”
385 likes
“Are you here to freak me out in any other way?"
"Nope."
"This would include asking me for a date," I warned.
"Babe, don't date," he replied.
"You don't?"
"Do tequila shots followed by 5 hours of sex count as a date? he asked.
"Um... no," I answered.
"Then I don't date."
I smiled at him.
Then, stupidly, I asked. "You can have sex for 5 hours?"
He smiled at me.