Start by marking “Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)

Samara's Peril

(Ilyon Chronicles #3)

When news arrives that Emperor Daican has been in contact with his chief war strategist, it signals potential doom for the country of Samara. Determined to intervene, the resistance in Landale, headed by Lady Anne, embark on a covert mission in hopes of unearthing further information. However, a shocking discovery leads to complications no one could have foreseen.

Armed w
Published May 13th 2016 by Living Sword Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Samara's Peril, please sign up.
Erica Wendel
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)
Shantelle
A brilliant edition to the ILYON CHRONICLES by Jaye L. Knight, Samara’s Peril sweeps us back into the land of Ilyon and to our favorite characters, Jace, Kyrin, Kaden, Trask, Anne, and the rest. As the third book in the series, I found it very well-done and was delighted that it delved significantly deeper into the story, exploring backstories and having special and pivotal moments come about. This book is incredible; I beta-read it in January, and advanced-read it in April, and loved it both ti ...more
Amanda Beguerie
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A big problem I have with Christian fiction today is lack of reason for faith.

In many worlds, God is just “there.” There is no reason to believe in Him, it is just assumed to be truth, with no proof. Additionally, problems seem to always tie up neatly, with a little bow for decoration.

As much as I like happy-go-lucky stories, they’re so often shallow. That’s what bothers me about Christian fiction, and I believe it’s a major turnoff to potential readers – non-believability.

Not so with Samara’s P
Tricia Mingerink
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s the Ilyon Chronicles! Of course I spent most of this book as a puddle of fangirl mushiness!

The beginning of this book was my favorite. I loved seeing the whole Altair clan together. Minus one important character. *sniff* I still can’t read that part in The King’s Scrolls without bawling. I guessed the big reveal in the beginning of this book before it happened, but that didn’t stop me from squealing and walking around with a dazed grin on my face for hours afterwards.

There are some darker t
gabi
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I don’t know if I can convey to you how great this book, this series, is. It is absolutely amazing. I have loved every moment of reading this book, and I can not wait to see how this story progresses.

Finding out that Daican is planning something big against the country Samara, a group from the resistance led by Lady Anne goes on a undercover mission to get more specific information. There they discover something shocking that complicates things. But with the gathered information, they hope to he
Katie  Hanna
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Well THAT WAS AWESOME.

This book is seriously good. I'm not sure if I liked it better than King's Scrolls, or if King's Scrolls is still my favorite; but either way, it was pretty darn impressive. It really was.

What I liked:

-Jace's character arc. HOLY SMOKING FRENCH TOAST. This is what they call epic, people. I don't want to say anything more about it because #spoilers, but IT WAS EPIC OKAY. I love, love, love Jace; and everything he goes through in this book is all kinds of wonderful--and horr
R.J. Rodda
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fantasy
This is a stunning third book in the Ilyon Chronicles series and Christian fantasy fiction at its best. Set in the midst of an adventure story with riveting plots twists and characters you really care about is the redemption story told in a powerful unforgettable way.

At the heart of this series is the character Jace, who is despised by society because he is half ryrik (a monster) and a slave who hooks up with followers of Elôm who are suffering persecution because of their beliefs. The trauma o
Lilian
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh dear
serena482*
So were to start......THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!! If you haven't read this series go pick it up and start reading. I read this book like really fast it was so good. I was so glad to get back into Ilyon, and read more about Jace, Kyrin, and Kaden and all the other amazing characters. With a few new ones. :D Epic battles, dangerous missions,and scary encounters, this book is just packed with awesomeness. The ending wasn't very satisfying for me so i'm over her dying waiting for Exiles. *Flails then ...more
Sarah Allerding
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite out of the Ilyon Chronicles so far. This book really goes into Jace's struggles. It was well written and kept me turning the pages. I was quite pleased with the ending although I wasn't quite sure what spiritual message the author intended to portray in the end. I won't say any more because it would contain spoilers. I would not recommend this book for younger kids because of some more difficult topics and scary scenes. In my opinion the author did handle them well an ...more
Kendra Ardnek
Ilyon. Have I talked about my love of Ilyon before?

Jaye has just released the third volume of her exciting series, so of course I signed up to review. And let me say up front: If you're not reading this series, what are you doing with your life????

The book begins with a ceremony based on the Jewish holidays, the Day of Atonement and Passover ... and with a return of Jace's insecurity over his soul. It doesn't help that one of the newcomers to their settlement lost his wife in a ryrik attack, and
Micailah
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"I've been waiting a long time for this." SO HAVE I RAYAD, SO HAVE I. KADLFKJSDFKJA;LKDFJ. EXILES CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH.

My review:

"Uh Kaden?" I ask, tightening my grip around his waist.
"Yeah?" he glances over his shoulder at me as we soar upward.
"Isn't Exis flying just a little too high?"
Kaden grins one of his famous grins "flying a little too high for you maybe. But this is normal for us." He frowns when he sees my pale face. "I can take her down some if you want"
"No! No, that's okay thank
Victoria Lynn
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
My favorite book of the series.
Serethiel ☽ ✨

Samara's Peril, the third volume of The Ilyon Chronicles, continues the story of the Resistance and their attempts to keep the emperor and his armies at bay.

Though I thoroughly enjoyed the prequel and first two volumes in the series, I didn't love this story quite as much... There was a plot twist in the first half of the book that was very well done (view spoiler), but I did feel that there
Leah Good
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jace is tired of always struggling. His crippling nightmares are back and they leave him fighting for sleep, fighting for peace, fighting his growing love for Kyrin, and desperately longing for the eternal security he can't believe is his to claim. His pain is not the only difficulty facing the small resistance camp. After a long winter, Emperor Daican is eager to continue his mission for power. Innocent lives are in danger, and Elom's people--the inhabitants of Samara--are his next target.

I lov
A.L. Buehrer
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Still not under 3 stars, but I have to say I didn’t like this installment as much at the first couple of books. Oddly for a book that features war, I felt like there was really very little action in this story. Disclaimer: I’m not very emotional. In my childhood, I recognized that I didn’t relish books that were about “people’s lives and how they feel about them.” Unfortunately for me, a good portion of this book was just that.

Things I Liked:

• Dragon combat. There was a lot of it when we finally
Sierra Faith
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Samara’s Peril

Genre: Christian Fiction, Fantasy.

Age Range: 14+ for violence

Favorite Quote: “It’s as if you are trying to hide yourself from Him, believing you’re too broken and lost for Him to love. Oh, Jace, that just isn’t true. He does love you.”

Series: Third book in the Ilyon Chronicles.

Stars: 5 out 5

This will be a very gushy review. You’ve been warned!

When I pick up a book, the main thing I’m looking for is great characters, which is what draws me in. And that’s exactly what Jaye L. Knig
Morgan
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended for: Ages 14 to Adult

Rating: PG-13 (for violence and references to rape; one woman was attacked by a ryrik in the past and a young man tries to drag off a young woman. He is prevented from doing anything, but later accuses another of the same act. All very well handled.)

Samara's Peril. Book three of the amazing Ilyon Chronicles. Each book in Ilyon just gets better. I loved this book, every bit of it. It's intense and heartbreaking, but has such happy moments as well. There were parts
Gabriellyn
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Claire Banschbach
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book. I knew it was going to focus a lot on Jace and his struggles, and honestly, I didn't want an entire book of him refusing to cooperate. :P And then I knew that there was going to be a redemption/Christ arc and I'm always kind of hesitant about those because sometimes it's done well and others... well.

Anyway. I shouldn't have worried. I really enjoyed this installment. There was some major plot development and quite a few "finally!!" moments. *co
Stargazer R. L.
I have literally been composing bits of my review for Sarma's Peril on and off for two months now. Which is minorly ridiculous, so I'm just going to write it and hope it comes out okay and not worry if it's a perfect review or not.

It is definitely my favorite book by Jaye L. Knight I have read so far.

I enjoyed it so much.

I love every one of the good characters so much. Jace, Kyrin, Kaden, Liam, Marcus (<3), Trev, Trask, Anne, HOLDEN (!!!!!), Aaron (I LOVE AARON), Rayad. . . (And of course Ronny,
Alyssa
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Guys, I DON’T LIKE CHANGE. CHANGE IS NOT OKAY. OKAY? OKAY.

Well, this book had a lot of change, and character stuff, and plot twists, and the whole shebang. It was aaaamazing, but, ACK.

I was expecting this book to be my favorite of the series so far … but it wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, it was AWESOME, it’s just, well, I’m not actually quite sure. Reading reviews and ratings, it seems that people are split quite evenly about this book.

So, without giving any spoilers, this book was more Christian-y
Gabriela
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was disappointed in Jaye L. Knight's writing in this book. It's seems like she's not putting as much effort into it as she did in book one. She has a lot of potential, and I think she could do a much better job.

Although it wasn't what I was expecting, I did enjoy reading Samara's Peril.
Bailey Marissa
(4.3)

Firstly, this book is so much better than The King's Scrolls. I don't know why, but this is a lot easier to read.

So I don't ship Jace/Kyrin as hard as most of the fandom because I know they're endgame. (I'm scared Ms. Knight is going to kill of Anne, tbh.) However, I was legitamitely feeling the ship vibes and I was extremely happy.

The plot was interesting, and the characters are awesome as usual.

JACE WAS HEALING AND IT WAS GREAT. As a psychology student, I tend to look a little deeper in t
Tamara  Sinnamon
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Samara's Peril is the third book in the Ilyon Chronicles. I started reading this series when it first came out and they just keep getting better and better. Each book is better than the last, and Samara's Peril definitely exceeded my expectations.

What is it that makes this book so good? Well, the first point would have to be the characters. If you weren't attached to the characters by the second book then you will be now, they're very expertly developed and they stay consistent and real through
Madelyn
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jaye Knight never disappoints! This book was even more thrilling than the last three. The beginning was...shocking...to say the least. (Still don't think I'm over that) and all through it, the characters had me squealing with delight.
One of my favorite things about this series is how real she makes the emotions. I'm sure it was overwhelmingly hard to write everything that Jace felt, through the turmoil, depression, and hardship. But Jaye did it, and did it very well. They were not only enraptur
Hailey Rose
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOODNESS.

This book is amazing. Like, stay-up-until-2am good. Lock-my-keys-in-the-car outstanding (long story about how that happened, but it did). SO MUCH goes on in this little beauty....

Ooooohhhhhhh, Samara’s Peril. The much awaited sequel to The King’s Scrolls. This book was absolutely incredible. So many things about it were just… *squeals giddily*

Plot/Storyline: 5/5
Absolutely fantastic. I thought nothing could be better than Resistance, but obviously I was wrong.

Characters: 5/5
The cha
S.G. Willoughby
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wait, seriously? I've never reviewed this one?! How is that? I've read this book 4-5 times now, and it is still my favorite published Ilyon book. I just love this book so much. Even my 4th time reading it I sobbed at new parts, and giggled like a crazy person at others. I can't even... yeah, I love this book for too many reasons.

It was satisfyingly long, with various locations, a lot of new awesome characters (without neglecting any of the old ones), and a lot of development of the existing char
Sarah Grace Grzy
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maybe a review in the future. :-)
Ginger
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~3.5 stars~
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Oct 11, 2015 05:54PM

• Deny (The Blades of Acktar #2)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • Defy (The Blades of Acktar #3)
  • Deliver (The Blades of Acktar, #4)
  • Decree (The Blades of Acktar, #5)
  • Destroy
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword, #1)
  • Dagger's Sleep: A Retelling of Sleeping Beauty (Beyond the Tales #1)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • The Hero's Lot (The Staff and the Sword, #2)
  • A Time to Die (Out of Time, #1)
  • A Draw of Kings (The Staff and the Sword, #3)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • The Shock of Night (The Darkwater Saga, #1)
  • She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1)
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin where she lives with her three furbab ...more

Ilyon Chronicles (6 books)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles, #4)
  • Bitter Winter (Ilyon Chronicles, #5)
  • Daican's Heir (Ilyon Chronicles, #6)

News & Interviews

“What joy to fully know and feel the bond of true friendship.” 20 likes
“These are hard and uncertain times we’re living in,” he said. “You never know what will still be here tomorrow. That’s why we must take joy every day in what we do have, so it’s something we can carry in our memories when things change.” 18 likes