Start by marking “Sunstone's Fire (Cursed in Stone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sunstone's Fire (Cursed in Stone, #1)

Sunstone's Fire

(Cursed in Stone #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Stripped of fire and passion.
The Sunstone and those who possess it, lose all attraction.

Aspiring author, Nate Wilson wants some space from his overbearing family and a job he doesn’t like. A week on the Oregon coast sounds like paradise and just what he needs to get the creative juices flowing. Unfortunately, his plans are derailed when a storm moves in and a ghostly figu
ebook
Published April 8th 2016 by After Glows

To ask other readers questions about Sunstone's Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunstone's Fire

Carrie
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Nate Wilson just wanted to get away from it all so he decided to take a week and go to the Oregon Coast. Unfortunately on a stormy night Nate ends up in an accident when a ghostly figure appears in the road in front of him. Lucky for Nate though he ended up right in front of a bed and breakfast and the owner invites him to stay.

Haylee Clark is a witch and she owns the bed and breakfast that is usually frequented by ghost hunters being that it is across from a cemetery and known for paranormal ac
Lisa
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella is the first in the Cursed in Stone series. The narrative linking all novellas is the character Constantine (Con). As a warrior during the time of the crusades, he fell in love with a woman who was promised to be the bride of a demon by her father. When the demon found out about their love, Con was cursed to live as a gargoyle, only able to walk as a man during the three days of each full moon. In this first novella, Con awakens at a bed and breakfast in Oregon. He hears a voice tel ...more
Lydia
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not much to say about this one, except that I expected more - and as you can guess got less.

A curse cast on Haylee Clark's family has caused all women in it to lose the men they loved tragically. As a result, she's determined to stay away from any man - emotionally - to make sure this doesn't happen to her. But when a storm lands newbie writer Nate Wilson on her doorstep, the passion between the two will be more than each can handle. Now they REALLY need to get rid of that curse...

The plot as i
Elaine
This is the first novella in a new series and I never cease to be amazed at how much riveting action this author manages to encapsulate in so few pages. The character Con is cursed in stone is cursed into a gargoyle except during the full moon. He’s spent almost a thousand years living like this but things are starting to change, he can feel it….

Nate Wilson is off to spend a week away from his domineering family and their firm for which he works when he swerves to avoid hitting the ghostly figur
loves 2 read romance
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is going to be another hit for Lia Davis!! A love story that
Is exciting and intensely satisfying. She is definitely at the top of my list for favorite paranormal authors!!! Can't wait to see what she has in store for the next one.
RoloPoloBookBlog
Sunstone’s Fire by Lia Davis
Novella #1: Cursed in Stone Series
Source: Author
My Rating: 3/5 stars
My Review:

Nate Wilson wants out of his current life. He doesn’t enjoy his job, his family is two foot up his butt most of the time, and he has a novel that isn’t writing itself. With every intention of running away for a week and sorting out his life, Nate hits the road for the Oregon coast. And then he hits a tree . . . Well, if you’re going to have to hit a tree in the middle of the night in the po
Rochelle
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
*I received this ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review*

SUBSTONE'S FIRE by Lia Davis

Nate Wilson is tired of his life and sets off to find some peace and do some writing. When he has an accident, caused by a storm moving in and a ghost, his plans are altered. When help comes in a form of beautiful woman, he thinks perhaps his luck is about to change.

Witch an inn owner, Haylee Clark is cursed, like some of the woman in her family before her. The woman fall in love, lose the passion in
E.
Apr 08, 2016 rated it liked it

“Sunstone’s Fire” by Lia Davis is a novella that introduces the paranormal romance ‘Cursed in Stone’ series by Lia Davis and Kerry Adrienne. Nate Wilson meets an unusual innkeeper, Haylee Clark, and gets involved in helping her get rid of a curse. There are more complications than they realize, including a connection to a mysterious old man named Constantine, but each of them has to get beyond the pain of the past to have a chance at a happy future.

For some reason, I have always enjoyed
Denise Van plew
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I heard about this Gothic romance I was ecstatic. Younger days read the Gothic romance as fast as I could but as time has gone writers have seem to gotten away from them, not so many. They are full of everything-ghosts,paranormal and of course romance. The atmosphere is different even, it has to be in the right setting like this one is in Oregon. There is a bed and breakfast run by Haylee which is good for him since something causes him to skid and into a tree. Oh can not forget the prologu ...more
Eva Millien
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aspiring author, Nate Wilson decided a week away from his overbearing family and the job he didn’t like would get his creative juices flowing but his plans are derailed by a storm, a ghost and a beautiful owner of a bed and breakfast in this bewitching gothic romance.

Haylee Clark has done well avoiding the curse all the woman in her family have suffered until Nate crashes into her life and awakens something within her and the readers can’t help but become ensnared in the story as the chilling re
Leslie Sanchez
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have always been fond of Gargoyles and Constantine (Con) is no exception. He's been searching for centuries for a way to break the curse he is under. Major drawback is that he is only allowed the three days of the full moon to search as a man. He also has no choice where he is sent on this search. In this first book, he awakens in a cemetery across from a quaint Bed & Breakfast. Haylee's family has owned the house for generations and has her own curse. The women in her family were doomed t ...more
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Novella!
This is a great book; this is the first book in the Cursed In Stone series by Lia Davis. Nate Wilson is an aspiring author, who needs some much needed space. He heads to the Oregon coast for some relaxation and hopefully to get the creative juices flowing. When a storm moves in and he sees a ghostly figure, he skids off the road and into a tree. Lucky for him he ends up in front of a Bed and Breakfast with a beautiful owner. Haylee Clark is the owner of a Bed and Breakfast, she is
Trish R.
Aug 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Not great but good..

This was a quick little listen, and it was kind of cute. It was based on a demon that lived in a B&B’s basement and Nate and Haylee had to figure out how to rid the house of it. Since it was only a novella everything was answered in a hurry and Nate and Haylee fell in love in 3 days’ time. And that’s how long Con had to be human, before he turned back into a gargoyle in the graveyard. I'm assuming there is or will be other books since Con's story doesn't seem to be over.
Lana
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. This is the first book of five stand alone stories all tied together by a man named Constantine and his journey to reclaim his humanity. He was a crusader who fell in love with a Princess cursed to marry a demon. The demon cursed Constantine to life as a gargoyle, only regaining his human form for three days a month.

This story about Haylee and Nate is exciting and thrilling. The attraction is palpable. The emotional angst gets you right in the gut. The fight to save
Ulla Bisgaard
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sunstones Fire, book #1 in the Cursed in Stone Saga. Written by Lia Davis 4 stars
Sunstones Fire is a short and fast read of only 121 pages.
On a rainy and stormy evening, Nate crashes his car in front of a bed and breakfast Inn. The owner, earth Witch Hayley, invites him in to ride out the storm and get his car fixed.
At the same time an Old Gargoyle named Con wakes up to a voice telling him to get the stone. Which stone he does not know.
It turns out both Hayley and Con are cursed and it's up to
Petula
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nate Wilson is taking a vacation from his unsatisfying life. He hates his job, he would rather be writing. A car crash, caused by a ghost changes his whole life. Our hero is surprisingly open to the weird goings on around him.
Haylee Clark is a witch and inn owner. She is drawn to Nate but knows she can never fall in love. The women in her family are cursed. Our heroine thought she was going to have a peaceful weekend off, with no boarders . She could not have been more wrong.
A lovely magical m
Kristina
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun and entertaining paranormal read. It was quick but enjoyable. The paranormal aspects and the writing were my favorite parts of the story. I do wish the novella could have been a bit longer as we had just begun to get to know our characters when the story ended. I like the combination of having one paranormal character while the other is completely human. It made for an interesting combination. I found the sunstone plot to be intriguing and am interested to see how it plays out in the next ...more
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
All these are serial book as they're less than 70 pages and there are a total of at least five in this series. If you're looking for a book that takes less than two hours to read then this book could be for you. If you looking for a story that gets into some serious depth this book is not it. Things are going to happen really quickly but you can get a complete story.

The book has witch, demon, and a gargoyle with a ghost in a haunted cemetery what more could you ask for.
Received this book from th
Ann
Apr 05, 2016 added it
It's been a long while since I've read a gothic-style romance but I loved this first book in the Cursed in Stone series. Haylee and Nate are perfect for each other. And I love how Constantine's story of trying to break his curse (he's a Knight of the crusades cursed for loving a woman promised to a demon) connects all the books in the series. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.

Cursed in Stone is a 5-book series from Lia Davis and Kerry Adrienne.
Lesley Ellis
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

Not my usual type of book, but i really liked it! Good storyline and i liked the characters too. Lots of drama, action and romance. Looking forward to reading more. Would recommend.
Lynde Shaw
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I struggled a little with the first half of the book. It moved sporadically and didn't feel like Lia Davis' writing. But by about 50% it picked up and turned into a much more enjoyable read. I love the premise of the series and will continue on with it.
Kimberly Walter
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a short but very passionate book to read. A little suspense to keeps you on your toes. It was a very good to read while waiting in the car lol. I'm looking forward to reading the rest in this interesting book series. I can't wait.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
This is part of a series, not too bad for first in series. Has ghost, witches, and a demon.
I wasn't all that impressed with this story, not sure if I want to continue with the series.

*I received my copy from Netgalley for review
Christine
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. Nate and Haylee story is amazing. The two of them had to work together to get rip of the curse. Can't wait for book 2.
Jessica
Apr 04, 2016 added it
Shelves: arc-1st-ng
Fast-paced quick read romance with a supernatural curse upon a witch. Also involves a demon and a gargoyle. The romance is insta-love, but it's sweet and fun to read.
Sheri Cordell
Stacy Erickson
Apr 09, 2016
Ash
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Would have enjoyed it more if the length would have been longer and there was no insta love.
In 2008, Lia Davis ventured into the world of writing and publishing and never looked back. She has published more than twenty books, including the bestselling A Tiger’s Claim, book one in her fan favorite Ashwood Falls series. Her novels feature compassionate yet strong alpha heroes who know how to please their women and her leading ladies are each strong in their own way. No matter what obstacle ...more

Cursed in Stone (5 books)
  • Opal's Seduction (Cursed in Stone, #2)
  • Amethyst's Imbalance (Cursed in Stone, #3)
  • Sapphire's Star (Cursed in Stone, #4)
  • Emerald's Light (Cursed in Stone, #5)