Start by marking “Flash Point (Kilgore Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flash Point (Kilgore Fire, #2)

Flash Point

(Kilgore Fire #2)

Masen Crisfield fell in love with Booth Jones when she was sixteen years old. Booth was the love of her life. The rock she needed to get her through the day. Then she rips his heart out while he’s deployed, leaving him wondering just what he’d done to warrant something so severe as a breakup that neither of them wanted.

Stubbornness is their middle name, and ten long year
Published June 2nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Flash Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash Point

Start your review of Flash Point (Kilgore Fire, #2)
Gi's Spot Reviews
IT'S LIVE!!!

5 'Unstoppable Love' Stars

Masen and Booth both made errors in the past that cost them ten years. Ten years that they have been apart but never stop loving and thinking about the other. So many things came their way that they couldn’t overcome, but after this long separation all these obstacles seem small, and were easily overcome in the very beginning of this story.

Their love was that strong, and their magnetism was undeniable for everyone around them or even only reading abo
♡Tonya♡
I should have known that Lani Lynn Vale wouldn't let us down. The blurb initially had me sweating a little but I kept the faith. Then a couple of my trusted buddies here on Goodreads assured me that once again, LLV pulled it off. I thought the amount of time it took for them to come to their senses was overkill, especially since there was noone else for them. I'd think if I couldn't move on after 10 years I would
have swallowed my pride and contacted my love. I absolutely loved Booth and Masen! T
Chantal ❤️
Note for me: 10 years apart!
Just not for me.
Roksana
A mixed feeling 3.7 Stars

Be aware/Possible spoilers******

I genuinely wanted to love this book and I TRY TO BE FAIR HERE.....it represented the best attributes I look in a romance: "Hero & heroine celibate during separation" and for 10 years! WHERE DO YOU GET THAT IN TODAY'S ROMANCE BOOKS??? Its like looking for as needle in a pile of hay! But there is the But....

As mentioned above I was over the moon for both hero and heroine being celibate during separation, however, there was something missing
Vashti
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Masen and Booth's story.
I am devouring these books like my favorite black forest cake!!!!
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Loved how devoted these two were to each other deep down in their heart. Totally their own fault they suffered for so long apart. But once they get back together it's like all is right in their world. Lani sure knows how to heat hurts and need hearts. Suspense and sexiness.. Loved it.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Firefighters!!! Soliders!!! Need I say more??? Oh I do? Well alright.

Masen and Booth have quite the history. They've loved each other for years - even after they've been apart and involved with other people. Masen has loved Booth since she was 16, but events happen and she pushes Booth away when she needs him the most.

I will admit in reading the book's synopsis, I wasn't too excited because I thought there would be cheating since Booth and Masen were both involved with other people. But I'm so
RJ

Sadly I did not enjoy this as much as I was hoping to. It gets one extra star for having both the H/h stay celibate throughout their 10 year separation. That is so very rare in romance books and I jump on any book that has that.

A couple minor complaints..

1) I didn't buy their reason for their 10 year separation. I found it to be so stupid and I didn't like how the H just took the breakup and didn't even try to get back together. The h immediately regretted her harsh words and called h
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Masen): 26yrs old – 4/5
Hero (Booth): 30yrs old – 2/5
Plot: 3/5
Grovel: too much grovel from h and none from H
Cheating: H has been celibate since h but was married in name only to OW
HEA: yes
Triggers: none

Average score: 3/5

Best Line: none

Worst Line: “Bitch, I will fuck your dad and make you my stepdaughter. Back the fuck off!”

Personal Review:
This was on ok second-chance romance between an army man turned fire-fighter an
Megan Fall
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooo good! The couple had a history so it quickly got mushy and sweet. I loved seeing Boone get his own book...and I loved it!
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I’ve loved you for so long that I don’t even know how to love someone else.”

Just as surely as the calendar flips forward to start anew each month, the first week of each month fans of Lani Lynn Vale get her next book. This month Vale takes us back to Kilgore to see the next member of the Kilgore Fire Department get his happily ever after. This book is already causing a bit of a stir as there is concern because the hero is (was??) married. With unwavering conviction, I can unequivocally stat
Melissa Mendoza
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Kimberly
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet, second chance love story

I loved the storyline but the underlying suspense didn't come together at the end and make enough explanation. I don't want to spoil it so it's hard to explain. The reason why?

I got real tired of Masen's wishywashy attitude toward her relationship with Booth. She comes across as tough and independent, except when it comes to this.

Booth is just a plain overachieving jarhead. He applies as a paramedic/firefighter and part-time medic for the SWAT team when he first
Danielle
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!!

I read and reviewed this book on behalf of RED CHEEKS READS.

Review: http://redcheeksreads.com/flash-point...

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2...
Kodie Mackay
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lani-lynn-vale
Honestly there is no need for me to review this. She is a instant pre order to the point that I have pre ordered all the books she has waiting to be released. I love her, I love her books and this is no different.

Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
So this is how it goes. Masen and Booth dated for a couple years before he is deployed. Her sick sister is dying and Masen lashes out in fear and breaks things off with Booth. He is broken and remains gone for many years. He returns years later to the small town of Kilgore and their paths cross. They are still drawn to each other. They fight the feelings, try to work issues out and of course, have drama to deal with as well. Like a wreck with a deer and a psychotic neighbor. This book seemed to ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

*ARC*

I was hoping that after the way we are introduced to Masen and Booth at the end of Shock Advised that Flash Point would be as hot as the definition in regards to a fire would be. While it did have it’s hot and explosive moments I had really been hoping for more.

I wanted Masen and Booth to become explosive together, I wanted that snarky feisty girl we were introduced to in Shock Advised to make Booth work for it and not just only begin to light tha
Tonya
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Kilgore Fire series. You don’t have to read them in order. But you really should read all of Lani’s books. She is one of my must read, no matter what, authors. I have loved every single book.

Booth and Masen were a couple when they were younger. They did love each other, but Masen was eighteen at the time and Booth was deployed. She needed him. But when on deployment, you can’t just drop everything and come home. Masen ended things. She wasn’t mature enough, or read
Lu Bielefeld
Desapontada! Espero que a série melhore!
-----
I was disappointed with the story. I hope that the series will improve in the next book.
Samantha
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!!

Booth and Masen were in love and planning there future as young adults. Booth had joined the military and was away on deployment when Masens sister died. Masen didn’t take this well and lashed out and broke up with Booth. She tries calling and mailing letters and emails to apologize but a response was never received. She tried moving on but never could always comparing everyone to Booth.

Now Booth is out of the military and took a job with Kilgore fire.

Now I’m gonna tell you he downri
Nina Wallace
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

I was a bit hesitant to read this because of the blurb but I persisted and it didn’t turn out so bad. I enjoyed booth and masen’s story, but I did feel like it got a bit repetitive in the middle. All in all it was a pretty good read, now on to the next book!

6/10 might recommend
Rebecca
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
There’s no other person for Masen Crisfield than Booth Jones and the feeling is definitely mutual, but sometimes fate as well as free will breaks soul mates apart and forces them to struggle through life on their own, facing the consequences of hurtful words and abrupt actions. But despite the time and distance that existed between them for almost a decade, Masen and Booth’s feelings for one another have never dissipated, leaving them both to wonder if there was any chance, now that they’re once ...more
Erica
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha
5 stars
Booth and Masen were made for each other. That's the only way to explain the chemistry, the draw and the love between these two.
She fell in love with him when she was just shy of 17 years old, once he enlisted things stayed the same until one fateful day when everything came crashing down on Masen at once and she did the unthinkable.
She broke up with Booth over the phone and not in a calm manner. Unbeknownst to her, she ripped Booth's heart out right before a mission.
I wanted to hate Mase
Marie
Masen and Booth have been in love with one another for years. When her sister dies and Booth is away at war Masen writes him a “Dear John” letter leaving Booth confused and more than a little heartbroken. Now after years of no contact and trying to get over each other they are back int he same hometown. The only problem is they still love one another and have never stopped. However Masen has a boyfriend that she just started seeing and Booth, well Booth has a wife.

That plot line alone is enough
Renee Entress
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

Before reading this story please read the below books first
Shock Advised (Kilgore Fire #1)

This is Masen and Booth’s story. These two were in love until Masen broke it off while Booth was deployed. She needed him but instead of leaning on him at the hardest point in her life she pushed him away. In the years since they have rarely seen each other. Now he is back in town and working at the fire house f
Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader
Ever have that feeling of dread when you do something and KNOW it was the wrong decision, but the cogs have been set in motion? This is the weight that Masen has been dealing with since she sent that fateful Dear John letter to Booth, the love of her lifetime. For 10yrs she has waited for him to come back. Except when he does, he shows up with his pregnant wife. Masen sees her hopes shattered.

Booth was crushed when he received Masen's letter and spends the next decade throw himself into deadly
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Another great book from Lani Lynn Vale! Michael Booth Jones and Masen have quite the history. After being dumped from half a world away, unable to do anything about it, Booth has returned home to Kilgore, TX. Masen is getting through life one day at a time. While her friends are getting married and having babies, she continues to compare every man to the one that got away. When he returns home Masen is just as shocked to see him as she is to see the woman on his arm...

Read to find out what happe
Stacey
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How many hours??? 6, that's how many hours it took for me to get through this book.

Another book that I was unable to put down once I had started!! I think I love this even more than Shock Advised and I really loved that.

I think I might have to come back and finish this review as I have only just finished it and I just don't know which bits were my favorite to put down there are that many.

So..... I know which book will be my next read :D Oxygen Deprived it is although I really really wanna rea
annette colon
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love The Second Time Around

This is a story of love that started young, then was lost and found again years later. Masen and Booth never had a straight cut romance. Their relationship was like a rollercoaster (with so many curves it's a miracle nobody got motion sickness). Now they have a second chance at love. Will they make it or will the past stand in their way? The only way to find out is to read the book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Justice for You (SAPD SWAT #5)
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • The Mountain Man's Obsession (Thickwood, CO, #1)
  • Big Deck (Tuff Built, #1)
  • Finally (Neighbor from Hell, #12)
  • Hammered with You (Ross Brothers, #2)
  • Never Been Kissed
  • John & Mattie (Texas Kings MC #8)
  • Hate You (Rebel Ink, #1)
  • Love in the Mix
  • Nailed by You (Ross Brothers, #1)
  • Vex (The Devil's Angels MC #4)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern Series, #4)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Kilgore Fire (5 books)
  • Shock Advised (Kilgore Fire, #1)
  • Oxygen Deprived (Kilgore Fire, #3)
  • Controlled Burn (Kilgore Fire, #4)
  • Put Out (Kilgore Fire #5)