Start by marking “The Theory of Deviance (The Portland Rebels, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Theory of Deviance (The Portland Rebels, #3)

The Theory of Deviance (The Portland Rebels #3)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Deviance is unacceptable. It’s taboo. And it’s the one thing he’s always wanted.

Painful shyness isn’t the only reason Mikey Pelletier is a twenty-five-year-old virgin. Between working for his parents and volunteering at his church, he neither has the time nor the inclination to admit his bisexuality to the world—or to himself.

A visit from Krissy Porter will hopefully fix e
Published August 2nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Theory of Deviance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Theory of Deviance

A. Cook
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
The Theory of Deviance by Rebecca Grace Allen, in my case, happens to be a unique read. It’s unique (at least in my opinion) because it openly questions faith/religion, ideas of sin and personal belief. I can definitely say when I opened this on my Kindle this story wasn't what I expected.

More than anything, The Theory of Deviance is a coming of age story and a story of self-discovery. Like most young adults Mickey (our hero) is trying to figure out where he fits in life and at age 25 he’s kind
Kahea
Well that was a surprise. A pleasant one, but still a surprise.

Why you ask?

Because I didn't expect to become so immersed in the story. I had a good inkling that I'd enjoy it, since I've enjoyed other books by the author and my interest was definitely peaked due to the promise of a true ménage happening. But I didn’t expect that upon starting the book that I'd become so invested in the the journey the characters travel that I'd have to force myself to put the Kindle down because my lunch break w
Michelle
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I knew this book would be sexy, but I wasn't expecting so much HEART. Right from the start, I was intrigued by the description. You never get to see bi characters be anything but sexually confident and aggressive in fiction, and a shy, virgin bi guy was exactly what I was looking for. Plus, this author became an auto-buy for me after His Contract.

I have to admit, I was also expecting a love story between two people, with a third coming in just long enough to steam up the bedroom windows. I wasn
Kiki Clark
**Originally Posted on Kiki's Kinky Picks**
4.5 Stars

Three’s usually company, except in the deliciously steamy menage, The Theory of Deviance, by Rebecca Grace Allen. It’s the third in her Portland Rebels series, but I read it as a standalone and it worked just fine that way.

I’m partial to MMFs but hardly ever find one as satisfying as this one. The characters–all three of them–were very well developed and full of delicious conflict. Despite instant attraction, things didn’t magically fall into
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mikey’s turn is finally here. He’s been so shy and… lonely in the previous books, but in Deviance he’s blossoming against all expectations. And I loved it.

Mikey is awaiting his friend’s Krissy’s visit. He has a secret crush and is hoping she feels the same. But when Krissy arrives in Maine from NYC, she’s not alone. Her roommate, Rafe, is with her. And Rafe is gorgeous to the point Mikey notices him right away.

But Mikey is a 25 year old virgin for a reason. He’s working with his parents in their
Lisa
Received free e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Actual rating - 4.5

I REALLY enjoyed this book, I can't say it's my favorite of the series - though I like the themes in this one perhaps a little more - because the other two books had more romance in them, but I still found this thoroughly enjoyable... and once again, I love that the story, like the first two, is built around a central scientific theme, a sociological theme to be exact... the Theory of Deviance, the act of nonconformity...
Shannon Youngblood
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-books
**4.5 Crazy, No. Not Crazy. Mentally Ill Stars**

This was such a great read. And each character I loved in different ways. Krissy, Mikey and Rafe were such an amazing trio that I couldn’t put this book down.

Krissy and Rafe have come to visit Mikey. Each of the three with a completely different agenda. Krissy wants to see the sweet guy she met a few months before, the one she likes a lot. Mikey, the twenty something virgin wants to lose the big V-Card, and Rafe wants to make sure Krissy and Mikey
Liz Ellyn
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really well paced and structured story. I loved how the relationship between Krissy, Rafe, and Mikey develops. Some stories go from 0 to 60 in seconds and leave the reader thinking that the transition was too simplistic. This story takes more of a dipping the toe in the water approach. The story gives the virgin a little bit of chance to get used to the water.

The threesome aspect offers a few different homophobic reactions of the religious nature. While the issues may be maddening, the story e
Veronica
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

From the synopsis and the cover, I expected a book jam packed full of sex and not much else. I was pleasantly surprised that The Theory of Deviance provided more. Krissy is dealing with mental illness, Mikey is dealing with his sexuality and his religious believes and Rafe struggles to do what he believes if the right thing.

I enjoyed The Theory of Deviance and the issues it covers and the erotic scenes where are hot. But whe
Dawn Edwards
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
* I received a free copy to read and review for wicked reads review team*
I really enjoyed this book Mikey gets more than he bargained for when he asks Krissy to visit. He thinks he is finally going to lose his V card.
Krissy brings her room mate Rafe with her, he is all kinds of sexy and confuses Mikey.
Krissy and Rafe really are like angels on his shoulders, however they are both whispering for him to do very naughty things.
The book is pretty hot with a great ending, i really enjoyed it.
Katherine
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So good! One of the most honest, yet hopeful, depictions of bipolar, depression and suicidal ideation that I’ve ever read. Watching these three characters find their center in their triad was so amazing. I’m out of articulate words. This book is really good. Read it.

Bought from kobo
Jody
On first glance the premise of this book hints at all sorts of decadent delights, but with each turn of the page you realize there's unexpected emotional depth regarding a person's self-image and the power of outside forces in guiding your life. It's ultimately a thought provoking premise that left me exhausted as each character was put through the wringer and was left bruised by fear, uncertainty, and loneliness. Mikey, Krissy, and Rafe are merely pawns in the game of life and it's only when th ...more
Vivian
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This was the perfect representation of “angel and devil on your shoulder”. Told from dual POV’s- Mikey and Krissy. In THE THEORY OF DEVIANCE, we have Mikey, who is dealing with self-identification and struggling with him wanting to rebel against what he has perceived as “normal” his whole life. For some time now, he has struggled with the idea that he might be bi-s*xual. In enters Krissy. She has this charismatic, eccentric and quirky personality that appeals to Mikey on every level. He thinks t ...more
Kassiah
4-1/2 stars.

I've always loved Rebecca Grace Allen's writing, way before her first published book. She's been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. But this. This book brings everything to a whole new level. More hotness. More emotion. More depth from the characters. I'm stunned, not because she's such an amazing author--because I always knew that. But because I just didn't think she could get better. And she has.

The summary for this story is pretty spot on. Sweet virgin Mikey has be
Self-Professed Book Hoarders

Margaret
I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this book and found myself immediately drawn into Mikey, Krissy, and Rafe’s story. Although this book has some very steamy sexy times that were well written, what I really enjoyed was the story and the struggles of all the characters.

When Mikey meets Krissy he is convinced that she is the one – the one that will help him lose his virginity and perhaps even help him leave the feelings he’s had for men in the past. He’s very religious and lives in a small to
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blog-tour, menage
What a pleasant, naughty surprise this book was! I totally loved it! Going in, I must admit to being somewhat conflicted. Im a complete and utter, judgmental, cover snob. *hangs head in shame* If I dont like the cover - I automatically (in my mind) set the book up for points off. I know, I know... this is WRONG. But it happens, yo. And, I didnt like this cover. But the blurb caught my attention. Ohhhh Yeahhhhh.. it did. So I signed up and away we go.

Characters - Mikey, the virgin, Krissy the fra
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
This is the first book I ready by Ms. Allen and I enjoyed reading it. This is a M/M/F book and covers some serious issues for each character. Krissy is a lovable, sweet and quirky girl wrestling with how to reveal to Mikey, one of the male leads, an illness that she struggles with on a daily basis. I love the interaction between Mikey and Krissy, although I hadn't previously met the characters in other books I could get a clear sense of how they met and what transpired. Mikey is a 25 yr old virg ...more
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, hot, romance
Posted on What I'm Reading

The warning for this The Theory of Deviance basically sums up whats going to happen in this book. Now if that's not your kink or anything you might want to steer clear of this read. However, this sounds like your kind of fun, by all means have at it.

All righty. Basically, Mikey is this super shy guy who still has virginity and he's hoping to lose it while Krissy is there. Krissy has her own set problems other than her roommate. They each have to overcome a few challeng
Mugglemom08
It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Rebecca Grace Allen's. I've loved everything of hers I've ever read, so it was very weird for me to be reluctant to start one of her books. Neither Mikey nor Krissy had made much of an impression on me in the previous Portland Rebels books, and I'd never pictured them as main characters.

Well.

Mikey and Krissy have certainly made an impression on me now, and HOT DAMN! And the thing that was putting me off the most at the beginning--their quirky/nerdy/unassumi
Erica
Aug 01, 2016 added it
I absolutely adored Rebecca Grace Allen's first book, so I was excited to dive back into her writing with The Theory of Deviance. While there were some aspects I enjoyed, I found some of the major plot points taking away from my enjoyment of the story. Paired with the slower pacing, The Theory of Deviance wasn't my favorite read.

The first quarter of the book is pretty slow - I found that not much happened. Things start to pick up from there, yet I still never got that must finish reading quality
Kim
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit – After reading the first chapter, I wasn’t thrilled with the story. It was sexy, but didn’t have any depth to it. So, I assumed the rest would just be a fluffy sexy ménage story. However, as I continued on, the story and my mind changed in a drastic way! I expected Mikey to fall for one of the others – Krissy or Rafe. What I didn’t expect (and was pleasantly surprised with) was the depth of the feelings each one had for the other and how much growth each one experienced during t ...more
Mignon Mykel
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5 "it's not you, it's me" stars

The Hierarchy of Needs was a book that sat on my virtual shelves and I regretted it the moment I picked it up. I fell in love with the characters and couldn't wait to continue the series. Unfortunately, when The Theory of Deviance's cover was released, I felt incredibly let down. And then I hemmed and hawed on whether I was going to read it. It's not a trope I enjoy, let alone understand, in the least bit. But I gave it a shot because I liked the author's wri
Melanie (mells_view)
Hmm....

I liked this story... Sort of. It was just a bit over the top. I guess I can't speak from experience on the bi-sexual front, but it doesn't seem healthy that your first real relationship be polyamorous, but what the heck do I know? Definitely felt a little annoyed at the end how some of the mental illness things were handled, but I realize this is fiction so obviously properly treating ones condition isn't forefront in making a good story.... It just rubbed me the wrong way. I get some pe
The Suburban Eclectic
I love RGA's penchant for smart and sexy characters and unsung heroes with hidden challenges (The Hierarchy of Needs is one of my all-time faves). The Theory of Deviance is similar in that the male lead has some life changing stuff he's working through and while there is plenty of character development there is surprisingly little emotion and thus feels a little flat lined.
Maybe it falls flat because all the emotional turmoil does not unfold before our eyes but rather falls into the author tell
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet Baby Jesus!! I knew going into The Theory of Deviance that it was going to be good, but I wasn't expecting it be this good.

The dynamic between Mikey, Rafe, and Krissy is stunning. I was able to relate to each individual's person demons, and how they worked together to battle those issues. This book showcases how no one is perfect, everyone has problems.

I love how each come to terms with their growing feelings for each other. They are scared of hurting each other, but still want to see wher
Ineffable Book Blog
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Theory of Deviance was a good read that presented some fun and unique characters. I really liked how the author added in some serious themes with the erotica because it added substance to a novel that would otherwise be mostly about sex.

The characters definitely had to face some of their own demons and conflicting views (world v. own) within this novel. There was the questioning of faith and the fact that reality doesn't always line up with society's expectations.

Even with these more serio
Cheryl Sanders
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Things are not always what they seem and this story proves it! These three people are each going through very different family situations. With the help of each other, they come to some very life-altering realizations at the end of one week.

Great story and series! I can't wait to see what's next for this fantastic author.

Received a copy via RockStarLit in exchange for an honest review.
I was not compensated for my review.
I was not required to write a positive review.
The opinion expressed is my
Heather
This book is very sexually graphic and deals with fluctuating sexuality, love, and what can happen when you fall in love with more than one person. The characters all have their own demons to deal with, and when the three of them are brought together, it could mean the end for all of them or the beginning of something intriguing.
J.L. Adams
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! I loved the realness of the characters - they were so well written. Watching them struggle to figure out who they are, and what they want was so engaging. A simply wonderful triad.
Rebecca Grace Allen writes sweet, sexy and soul searching romance, emphasis on the sexy! A self-admitted caffeine addict and gym rat, she currently lives in upstate New York with her husband, two parakeets, and a cat with a very unusual foot fetish.

Sign up for Rebecca's newsletter: http://www.rebeccagraceallen.com/news...
More about Rebecca Grace Allen

The Portland Rebels (3 books)
  • The Duality Principle (The Portland Rebels, #1)
  • The Hierarchy of Needs (The Portland Rebels, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be