Start by marking “Strange Little Girls” as Want to Read:
Strange Little Girls

Strange Little Girls

Strange Little Girls are made of sugar and spice, and something not quite as nice...
The strange little girls are orphans and changelings, suburban princesses, housewives, nuns and monsters. They are quirky and sweet, terrifying and heartbreaking. All of them a little lost, brimming with their own uniqueness.
In this strange little book of nineteen tales, Lotte goes swimmi
Published March 14th 2016 by Belladonna Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Strange Little Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Little Girls

Start your review of Strange Little Girls
Shira Glassman
This turned out to be a horror anthology and I'm not really one for horror, but I want to give a shout-out to "Pretty Jennie Greenteeth" by Leife Shallcross for adding a new twist to the setup of the Mr. Collins bit in Pride and Prejudice (multiple sisters encountering the unpleasant cousin one of them might have to marry so the family won't lose the house when he inherits it.)

"Mr. Collins" acts like a far worse cad than in Austen and vengeance is supernatural and female. I really don't speak th
Kristin Scearce
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

The title definitely doesn't lie -- these are some STRANGE little girls. Each story is so different from the last, and they all suck you in and don't let up until the end. There are even a couple I could see being turned into at least a novella on their own, as I would love to read more about that particular girl's story.

Really interesting read, and since it's a collection of short stories, you can read a little bit at a time and
Ephiny Gale
Apr 25, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so pleased to have a story in this excellent anthology. So many of its pieces are deliciously atmospheric and highly original. Very much recommended to anyone who enjoys the dark, the odd, and stories with child protagonists which are aimed at an adult audience.

My favourites are (in order of appearance):
Annabelle's Sleepover - Jan Stinchcomb
Marco Polo - Calypso Kane
The Empty Birdcage - L Lark
Pinhole - Tantra Bensko
House of Infinite Diversion - Aliya Whiteley

I'm looking forward to reading the
Barbara Strickland
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful mixture of stories and what a strange mixture of girls. This was entertaining, chilling, at odd times amusing but at all times really worth reading.
Anthologies break up the reading in a special way. They are made up of stories less time consuming but no less enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed Angela Rega's bees and found it quite confronting in the realm of human behaviour.
Liz
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some wonderfully disturbing stories in this anthology. Standouts for me were: Leife Shallcross's "Pretty Jenny Greenteeth", Angela Rega's "Beehive Heart", and Ephiny Gale's Donkeyskin reworking "From Strangers". ...more
Intellectual Magpie
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had to take a few days to fully settle upon finishing this book filled with 19 strange little twisted tales by some very talented authors.. overall I give this book a big 5/5 stars..
The tales held originality... so many times ending a tale I just closed the book and took a moment to chew upon what I just read... never was the tale what I had expected. The dark twisted girls buried within these pages were raw and true.
I definitely recommend this book if your wanting something unexpected... s
Leife Shallcross
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure: I have a story in this book (Pretty Jennie Greenteeth).
This is a real treasure box of stories about odd, strange and eerie girls. None of them are comfortable stories; some of them are downright horrifying. I think my favourite is D'arcy Grey and the Midnight Mailman, by Ian MacAllister-McDonald, but Marco Polo by Calypso Kane is also insidiously good.
*shudders*
Margaret
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. Even though I am not a big fan of horror movie/story, but the short stories in this book are just amazing.
gess
May 24, 2019
Jan Stinchcomb
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Molly Pinto
Colette
Jan 06, 2021
Roxy
Apr 28, 2017 rated it liked it
strange little girls is a strange little book filled with wonderfully weird and macabre short stories. a captivating collection from various authors.
Lopezplano80gmail.Com
Nov 25, 2016
Annie Neugebauer
Mar 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Najela
Stella Clarkson
Janet
Carol McFarlane

• The Fire This Time: A New Generation Speaks About Race
  • todo lo que necesito existe ya en mí
  • Otras maneras de usar la boca + El sol y sus flores (pack)
  • North of Beautiful
  • In the Shadow of the Banyan
  • Fabled Journey IV
  • Love All Year: A Holidays Anthology
  • The Great Hair Exchange
  • Ruthless Kings (Windsor Academy, #2)
  • Home Body
  • Freedom of the Fae (Poison Penitentiary, #3)
  • Kept (Kept, #1)
  • A Slow Burn (Stories from Beauville, #.5)
  • I Love My Love
  • Bonded In Shadows (A Shadow Unit Novella)
  • El Néctar de Erika (Saga flor nº 2)
  • The Knights Templar: The Hidden History of the Knights Templar: The Church's Oldest Conspiracy
  • A Pho Love Story
Camilla Bruce was born in central Norway and grew up in an old forest, next to an Iron Age burial mound. She has a master's degree in comparative literature, and have co-run a small press that published dark fairy tales. Camilla currently lives in Trondheim with her son and cat. ...more

News & Interviews