Start by marking “Oi Dog!” as Want to Read:
Oi Dog!

Oi Dog!

Frog is changing the rules...Dogs no longer sit on frogs. Phew! Dogs now sit on logs - and everyone else is going to have to sit somewhere different too.
Published November 29th 2016 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Oi Dog!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oi Dog!

Leilah Skelton
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hooray! A Long-awaited sequel!
(I feared, in truth, it had no equal.)
Those authors have allayed my fears
And found more funny seats for rears
And each rhyme is made double-aces
By Jim Field’s daft, expressive faces.

Our squished Frog’s found his webby feet
And shown that Cat a different seat,
And now Dog’s asking what becomes
Of a menagerie of bums!
And now Frog’s got the hang of it
We’ll find out where he’d CHOOSE to sit.

A perfect book with top-drawer rhyme.
(I laughed hard at that final line!)
And you wil
Peter
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Wash away the blues
Shelves: childrens
The EPIC sequel to Oi Frog; I pissed myself laughing. Beautifully written, wonderfully drawn...

So, cats sit on gnats, moths sit on cloth, fleas sit on peas and even more bizarre, crazy and stupid ones.

ABSOLUTE BLISS, GO AN' ENJOY YERSELVES CHUMS.
Arturas
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Hachette Australia for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
In this thrilling sequel to Oi Frog!, Frog decides to change things up a bit. But what on earth will the animals sit on now?

If you loved the word-twisting, rhyme-busting, sit-a-thon that was Oi Frog!, you will definitely appreciate the humour (and the fairness of the new rules) presented in Oi Dog! Without giving too much away, this is essentially the exact same story as the earlier book, with animals coerced
Janet Emson
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books

Frog is fed up with where dog’s seating arrangements and turning the tables on bossy Cat, devises a new seating plan for the animals. Having given up his place on the log for Dog, Frog has to find new seats for everyone, and Cat for one is not happy with his new resting place.

This is wonderful sequel to Oi, Frog! with a whole host of new animals who are having to comply with the hilarious new seating plan devised by a rather fed up Frog. The rhyming couplets lend a lovely flow to the book, makin
Claire Holloway
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Children will love this book; it has bright, colourful pictures and it is also funny. In the story, the frog wants to change the rules of where different animals can sit, as opposed to cats just sitting on mats. The rhyming in this book makes it funnier and also makes it to flow. Children will particularly like the end of the story, which doesn't rhyme unlike the rest of the book, and is regarding where frogs can sit.
Jenne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my daughter's favorite books right now. We have read it over and over and she can almost recite it from memory. Each animal is given a rhyming item to sit on with a surprise at the end.

Although it follows the book Oi Frog you don't have to have read both for this one to be a lot of fun to read.
Francesca Lee
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book to a year 1 class that I was with for placement. The children were all engaged as they had previously read other versions already. The story was about different animals sitting on various objects that rhyme with their animal names. They were anything wild or silly which made some of the children laugh. This occurred on every page of the book.

This book was a great opportunity for phonics as children could pick up graphemes and phonemes that rhyme. This could be useful for a phoni
Christina Reid
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Some fun wordplay and hilarious illustrations!
Sarah Clarke
A really good book I've found to be particularly for year one pupil. The use of rhyming as the main structure of the book introduces rhyme schemes to the year group. The use of rhyming is also very engaging as the children are more likely to remember the story through understanding of the rhymes for each animal. Consequently it allows them to begin to recognise that the same sounds may have different spellings and vice versa. The use of pictures also adds to the engagement, as it fragments the n ...more
AnneB
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The illustrations are adorable. :)
Jess Jackson
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jen liked it. she sat and listen to most of it before she wandered off. which is good going. She did bring it back to me to finish later.
Andrew Davies
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This really fun and exuberantly illustrated picture book is one of a series of three books which provide a great way to use reading to back up phonics lessons and rhyming. A frog, unhappy at being sat upon by a dog, rewrites the rules, introducing a host of animals and the appropriate furniture they should recline upon - which in all cases has to rhyme with their names. Through the pages the rhyming becomes more sophisticated and humorous, and there is much opportunity to engage children's imagi ...more
Jo
I discovered this book on a training session at work with an English and reading consultant and had to buy a copy for myself! Already have loads of ideas how I'll use it in school with my lovely class and I'm sure they'll love it too!

The pictures are bright and colourful and the language is great. I can see it introducing lots of new vocabulary to my current class and causing lots of giggles!

I think it would be great for work on rhyming and predicting, particularly at the end and maybe even mak
Nicola
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
We read Oi Cat! first and she loved it. I think the difference with that one was the there was more inter-play between the characters as well as the fold-out funny at the end. She hasn't been all that interested in Oi Frog! or Oi Dog! (although Oi Dog! starts to get a bit more character to it). Her favourite part of the book was actually the inner cover looking at the different pictures ofthe dog and giggling at him farting or chewing on slippers.

Miss 3 and I like to explore different books and
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, Oi Frog! ended not so much on a cliffhanger as dropped off a cliff, with poor frog under a dog, following Cat's strictures about socially acceptable seating (this is honestly more profound than it looks) Frog is unhappy about his place in the general scheme of things and instead of merely providing pleasure to Dog by going 'PLURPPPPPPPPPPPPP!' he has something to say about overthrowing the current order. More crazy rhyming ensues, with some poor creature allocated smelly pants and just wai ...more
Beth
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frog has had enough of being sat on and decides to change the rules. Instead of sitting on frogs, dogs will sit on logs, cats will sit on gnats, bears will sit on stairs etc. Cat and dog listen to frog as he explains where all the other animals must sit. At the end, dog asks what frogs are going to sit on, he says ‘sun loungers’.

Very humorous book with lots of rhyme and repetition. Can also look at books by same author - Oi Cat, Oi Frog, Quick Quack Quentin.
Sophie Noble-Tuck
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent read to young children. It is useful book to read to children when learning repetition and also the children will be able to remember some of the words that are repeated throughout. Oi Dog! has lovely illustrations that go perfectly with the words within the book. Definitely recommend!
Becky Allen
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
What a funny and sweet book. A great book to use to introduce rhyme to a class in an amusing way, and something other than rhyming poetry.

Lovely illustrations to accompany the story and a witty ending. Really lovely book.
Kerry Simpson
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rhyming, eyfs, ks1
I can't decide which is better - this or Oi Frog! So many great pictures and cheekiness in this one.
Sarah Mack
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely clear, bold illustrations. Lots of rhyme and repetition to make it memorable. The three characters come across clearly in this simple little exchange with a fun little twist at the end.
Jessica Jeffs
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great picture book, with bright colourful illustrations, which is a brilliant addition to phonics lessons. Very funny all the class will love this book!
Jacki
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one was a mouthful, but it was enjoyed by the children and amusing to me.
Emma Yarnell
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this one might acutally be funnier than the first one, Oi Frog! I adore the ending and delight in when my daughter chooses it for bedtime reading!
Jenna Mills
Fun. The ending is hilarious
Claire Cheeseman
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book - love the rhyming - great language inspiring book to utilise in the classroom
Maggie Hesseling
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I thought Oi Frog! was funny, but it's all made even better by this wonderful sequel. Full of fun rhymes and pictures that will make both you and whomever you're reading it to (or just yourself for that matter... I love reading them myself) smile and pause to look before the next page.

Another genius book by Gray!
Sally Poyzer
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great rhymes with a funny end, very amusing pictures. I can imagine this could be read and enjoyed many times.
Libby Black
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My great nieces and nephews love this book so I purchased Oi Frog as well
Sarah Brombley
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rhyming
This book is so richly full of rhyming! Lots of language for children to enjoy and a very amusing twist at the end!
  • Frog on a Log?