Jump to ratings and reviews

BlackPath MC #1

Never Forever

Callie
My heart belongs to one man but my loyalty is to my family.
I owe my brother my life and I swore on his grave vengeance.
Finally it is in my grasp but to get it I must walk away from my heart
and what I have left of my innocence.
My decision, but will I be able to live with it?
Kylar
Callie is young and beautiful and I should walk away from her.
She doesn't deserve this but to save the rest of my darkened
soul I have to have her and her innocence.
I have what she and the BlackPath MC need for their vengeance.
Will she pay the Devil his price and give me what I need?
Mason
Callie needs me but I am stuck here in this God forsaken desert.
I'll fight my way back to her if it is the last thing I do.
Hang on babe...I'm on my way.

366 pages, Kindle Edition

First published March 2, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Vera Quinn

39 books238 followers
I have been an avid reader since I was taught to read. I was the oldest of six children and reading was a getaway for me. When my sister became sick she encouraged me to write my first book. That was in 2015 and I released my first book in March 2016. I love to read, write and share books. I am a wife, a mom, and a grandma so the only problem I have is finding the time to get it done. I have been married to my husband for 23 years and he is my person and strongest supporter.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
14 (4%)
1 star
8 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 89 reviews
Profile Image for J. C.  Red.
105 reviews41 followers
June 3, 2016

This was one strange book. I can see some potential, but it really needs an editor. Not just for bad grammar and such, but to clean this up a bit, because I've rarely seen so much completely unnecessary dialogue.

A lot of characters are introduced in this book in such a way that you might think they will be really important to the story. Many of them really aren't. Like Mason, for example. His betrayal is used as a catalyst for the story, and you'll probably be tempted to think this will turn into a triangle, but it's like the author wasn't very sure what she wanted to do with him. He keeps popping up for no reason whatsoever. It's never that interesting, it doesn't create much angst and his character is completely forgettable. He's simply tossed around here and there. Not to mention, she very quickly gets over her love for Mason. That, I learned later on, will be a common thing in the series.

The long introduction for her best friends is again, completely unnecessary. I thought they would be an integral part to the story the way they were presented, but that was not the case. In fact, she barely sees them in both books. It was odd.

So Callie gets her heart broken by her long time boyfriend who has been deployed for years. That relationship over, Kylar, another biker from a different MC, proposes they get married. He has something she wants (the name of the man who killed her older brother) and he says he needs a wife, one who understands the MC life. Callie, under the guidance of her own MC, whose members all adore and protect her, decides she wants to do it. There's so little emotion in her decision-making, that I almost forgot she had a reason to do it. Except, of course, she repeats it a million times.

I found the whole thing pretty ridiculous, but hey, it's romancelandia, and sometimes this type of ridiculousness (i.e. marrying a man at 18 for life because you're sure you're never going to be able to find love again and to find out the name of a man) is acceptable. Fun, even. And I won't even go into how, for someone who is always so logical and prepared, she never suspected that, obviously, the man surely has an ulterior motive for marrying her. But, whatever.

The biggest problem with this book, aside from the grammar, and the very small amount of emotion it evoked, was the way people talked. It was so odd, it's like 10 characters stayed in a room, and each of them waited for their turn to hold a long speech. Or the heroine would have something to say to 5 different people, and she'd just go through them: "Okay, now I'm finished with X, this is what I have to tell Y. Okay, I'm done with Y, it's time for Z."

And the amount of useless information dumped in these conversations..the times characters would repeat themselves..it was the oddest thing. It's almost impossible to explain, this is something that has to be experienced to be fully understood. And Chief, dear god, that man probably told Kylar 100 times that he'll hurt him if he hurts his girl. Nope, never happened.

Just like Mason's character is tossed away when he's not needed anymore, the reason for Callie and Kylar's marriage is also kind of tossed under the rug (in this case, the vengeance that Callie sought). She falls in love with her husband, and 4 weeks later or something along those lines, finds out Tommy's killer was killed and that was that. Over and done with in a few sentences. You'd think since this was the sole reason she was marrying him, and all the time she spent explaining that fact to all the characters in this book (a LOT), the second she got married she would ask for the name and get on with her vengeance.

I think the author's intention with Callie was to make her a badass chick, different from other MC books. And I definitely appreciated that, but it was just too unbelievable. The second something bad happens to her, she is ready with a huge-ass speech where she explains how she was wronged, how she will respond to it. It's clinical, not very realistic and there's just no emotion. She falls in and out of love in a matter of seconds, it seems, as if it's the easiest thing in the world. Apart from how unbelievable and eye-rolling that is, it just doesn't work. Just because logic tells you you shouldn't love someone after they cheated on you, or hid something important from, it doesn't mean you can actually do it. No matter how 'strong' you are. Not instantly, not like she does it. And if she does it so easily, how are the readers supposed to feel any emotion, or care for any of the characters?

[image error]

That said, it was kind of entertaining, in a guilty-pleasure kind of way, although mostly when I skimmed and I even read the second book as well, out of some morbid curiosity. Let me tell you, that one is even more ridiculous.

Profile Image for Josie.
294 reviews13 followers
March 28, 2016
4.5 stars out of 5 stars -

I look for certain when reading a MC book, angst, drama, grit, sex, violence, alpha bad ass bikers and a heroine that I can respect - and this is what I got in Never Forever. The story itself is emotional, Callie's past was not pretty and it bought tears to my eyes. She does not believe in "Forever" but when she does put her trust in foever, things do not go her way. But this is why I love this character, this pitfalls make her stronger, she is smart and plans ahead. Kylar is someone at first that I could not get a read one, but once we get to know this character I loved him. He is a total alpha male, but he has a purpose, one goal in mind when he takes Callie. Let me just say Kylar is taken immediately by Callie, he is protective and dominant when it comes to her. And even though he knows, the deal he has made with devil makes him evil, Callie will be his.

Ohhh then we have Mason, I wanted to punch and slap him, but DARN does he not do something to make me want to jump into my Kindle and hug him. This book is nothing at all like I imagined,I was not sure who trust, because if I am being completely honest - there are good guys and bad guys, secrets and some slurry troll moles and the devil himself!!! When everything comes full circle, my heart broke for Callie, but true to her personality she handles it the only way she can, like a BAD ASS!!!

I could not believe that this was Ms. Quinn's first novel. She did an amazing job with the story line and the character development through this story. There was never a time that I got bored, or wanted to skim. She packed a punch in this debut novel and she did not hold back all the aspects that needed to be involved in a MC book. You need to take a chance on this novel and this author, I assure you you will not be disappointed.
Profile Image for Kim  Brewing.
3,143 reviews31 followers
August 10, 2016
Really 4.5 stars
This book grabbed me right from the start. Secrets were alluded to, lives are changed. I had to keep going ...I NEEDED to know what was happening.

Callie has just celebrated graduating and her 18th birthday. What should be the greatest time of her life ends up being a total disaster. Nothing, and I mean nothing goes according to plan. Callie's life changes that weekend ...but is it for the better.

I love that we get dual POV, so we know where everyone's head is at. Callie is not your typical 18 year old. She really is wise beyond her years. When all the details come out Callie is left reeling - again. Callie has never wanted forever and know forever is never. That ending....jumping right into book 2.

I did deduct 1/2 star only because of a few editing issues. Nothing that took me out of the story, but that were noticeable. This is the author's first book and I think she did a bang up job.
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.3k reviews4 followers
Want to read
December 1, 2021
💝 The complete BlackPath MC series is FREE on Amazon today (3/31/2018)!💝

Callie
My heart belongs to one man but my loyalty is to my family.
I owe my brother my life and I swore on his grave vengeance.
Finally it is in my grasp but to get it I must walk away from my heart
and what I have left of my innocence.
My decision, but will I be able to live with it?
Kylar
Callie is young and beautiful and I should walk away from her.
She doesn't deserve this but to save the rest of my darkened
soul I have to have her and her innocence.
I have what she and the BlackPath MC need for their vengeance.
Will she pay the Devil his price and give me what I need?
Mason
Callie needs me but I am stuck here in this God forsaken desert.
I'll fight my way back to her if it is the last thing I do.
Hang on babe...I'm on my way.
Profile Image for Shirl.
821 reviews36 followers
April 14, 2020
Best book I have read in a while!! My biggest problem is the cover... yes you heard me, the cover. When I first seen it I thought this was going to be about an older couple but the girl, Callie, is an old soul but she is only 18 yrs old. A young lady who seems to have the worst luck.
This is the first book of not only this series but of several series if I'm understanding correctly. It appears that the same people will be in other series but with different club names.
This is Callie's and Devil's book and a little bit of Callie and Mason. No it's not a mfm or anything of the sort. You'll figure it out when you read it. Callie had a rough start in life with a mother who hated her. She beat her and don't know how it came to be but she has a father who took her and raised her. She learned early not to fall in love because nothing is forever. She takes no crap but is very respectful about how she puts things. She likes to live on the edge. She races and wins too. Works on her own car. Can fight and shoots better than many men. All she asks of anyone is to be honest with her.
Devil is VP of his club. Not the same as Callie's. He is in need of a wife who knows and understands the club life. He is not looking for love. His club has information that Callie's father needs... information that Callie needs too. A deal is made but can't they stick to a certain deal?
This book is a bit more about club life and what they do. It's raw, sexy, and has all the naughty bits 😉. Not too much club but more than I've been reading lately. I have a good feeling that there will be more.
Now off to the next book.....
Profile Image for Catherine.
247 reviews13 followers
April 19, 2016
WTH is with all the 5 stars? The writing is terrible, the dialogue sounds unnatural and the storyline has flown off into the realm of sublimely ridiculous.
Profile Image for Brandy.
381 reviews
August 6, 2016
FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I don't even know how to put into words what I just read! This is one of the best MC books that I have read this year. It takes you on a wild ride from beginning to end. I was totally engrossed I. This book intrigued me from the minute I started reading, and didn't stop until the end. Callie is one of the best lead females in an MC that I have ever read. She has honor, integrity, and loyalty. I want her to be my best friend!! ;-) everything from her attitude to the way she handles herself in all situations made me love her, then there is everything she has had to overcome in her young life. I love the way everyone from Cheif, to Steel just want to protect her. The. You have have Devil, wow I was really suspicious of him in the beginning and didn't want to like him but by halfway thro the book I was really rooting for him and Callie, I can't wait to see how things turn out for them in book 2!!!! So if you want read and AMAZING MC book with great main and background characters that keeps you on your toes and intrigued for the entire book I really recommend this read!! Vera Quinn has definitely become a one click author for me!!!!
Profile Image for Michelle.
550 reviews41 followers
March 10, 2016

Be warned this book has 60 Chapters and ends with one hell of a cliff hanger !!!!

The overall book was a great read :~

Callie aka Baby Girl is the daughter of the President of MC Blackpath and is a sassy badass, her life changes over night and things will never be the same, betrayals and family secrets start to unfold.

Devil is the VP of Feral steel MC and is on a mission of his own.

This is the first book I have read by this Author, the storyline was intense and a lot of things were packed into the story some not following that well and many repetitive comments made.

I will be reading book 2 because I need to see this story out until the end and hopefully things will be come clearer.
Profile Image for Catherine.
247 reviews13 followers
April 17, 2016
This story showed promise but it made a turn to the ridiculous. Apparently, the h is such a man magnet that every man she meets immediately wants to make her his. Despite her claims of love she manages to move on from one to another at the speed of light. She also throws herself in front of speeding bullets, numerous times. It just got very silly and more difficult to read with a straight face.
Profile Image for Kylee.
2,428 reviews31 followers
September 17, 2017
This is the first book I have read from this author and will definitely not be my last. A great first book in this series. Callie is young but a strong character that you will fall in love with. If you like the grit and angst of a MC book then Never Forever will have you hooked on this series in no time.
Profile Image for Lee-anna Dunk.
1,108 reviews51 followers
December 12, 2017
Bloody brilliant

Wow i loved this book Never Forever by Vera Quinn.
Its not the usual type of MC series i read and i like that alot . Some MC series seems to blend into the next . But i loved this story with all its twists and turns the absolute total heartbreak of Callie and Tommy story brought me to tears. I highly recommend this book ive given it 5 stars . Just loved it
Profile Image for Julie Jacobus.
192 reviews3 followers
April 30, 2018
Great storyline but a cliffhanger, I seriously hate cliffhangers but this one was worth the read and I've started the second book. Let y'all know how it was when I finish the second part!
Profile Image for 2OCC Reviews.
3,428 reviews238 followers
June 6, 2016
I've always been a huge fan or MC novels and this one was great. It was cleaner on the MC side but at the same time it wasn't. It's so hard to explain without giving things away. I felt that the MC needed to be that way to get the story across. There was a perfect amount of action mixed in the plot that kept you wanting more.

The hero and heroine were great together. It wasn't a normal love that bloomed with them but the slow burn in what was to come was amazing. We have a heroine that is awesome and a hero that needs taken down a peg or two. The heroine definitely brings him to his knees.

The plot was different in a good way. It was packed full of questions that were pretty much resolved by the ending but then you had more questions. This book does end in a fluffy but it wasn't horrible. As of now the second book is out, with book 3 on its way.

I didn't care for the age difference. I'm trying to figure out why there was such a huge gap
And as of now I can see why it wasn't closer. Some things were repetitive but not in a horrible way. This book could have used a editing to catch some obvious errors, but it didn't take away from the overall story.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, even with the fallbacks that it had, it kept me hooked and wanting to turning the page. I want to give it 4 stars, but I'm going with 3.5.

#2OCCJD
Profile Image for Sue.
1,908 reviews23 followers
November 25, 2016
This was pretty good for a debut novel...a whole lot going on and plenty of thrills along the way. A few of the plot devices were a bit crazy and the characters where not all loveable or even likeable at times, but I found the story got better as it went along with a few minor issues.
Be warned it does end on a cliffhanger and the heroine Callie, changes her mind (and boyfriends) quite easily...but then again she is only 17 going on 18 and that is to be expected with a teenager who has limited experience with boys or men.
Looking for a lot of answers to my questions that were left unanswered after reading the first book...and hope to get them in book 2.

**** 4 **** "a little girl who has to grow up too fast" stars
Profile Image for M Robo.
1,782 reviews
April 3, 2019
Hmmm it's a hard book to rate. Has lots of depth n plot for sure.

But an 18 year old that is so together? So perfect in every way all the time? Says the right thing even when shes in trouble n accepting her responsibility? Ive never known an 18 yr old like this.

It's like when you have a dispute n afterwards think damn I wish i said such n such. Well she says it perfectly every single time!

Shes just too flawless. N perfection is boring.

I got bored by the end n skimmed. It's just goes on n on and on.

All this insta love shit just doesn't hold true.

And yet again one of my absolute pet peaves: its conscience NOT goddam conscious. How do these authors not know the difference?

I love angsty dark mc books. But this was mills n boon on mc steroids
Profile Image for Melenia.
2,062 reviews6 followers
August 1, 2018
So many things. I hate books like these and yet by the end I just had to keep reading it... and no HEA ending. A huge dealbreaker for me. And now I have to read read the next one. Ugh.

Part of it is just me. I don’t like these storylines, but I know other people do so other people with enjoy this book more than I did. I also didn’t like the writing style, but again, that is a personal preference.

However, this book needs a good editor. I have at least 14 notes on my Kindle app regarding mistypes and confusing sentences and that really puts me off.

Overall I am not impressed:(
Profile Image for Amy Houser.
43 reviews5 followers
March 6, 2016
Loving this new series

Great first book, calling and devils story is great I'm looking forward to more of their story,and I really thought the novella at the back is a great idea, I was glad to get more backstory on rallies brother and the other mc members. I'm looking forward to reading the next book. Highly recommend this book!
Profile Image for Monica Holloway.
607 reviews20 followers
March 14, 2016
Never Forever

I was gifted this book! I absolutely loved every second of reading it! I can not wait to get more from Ver Quinn. Love her style of writing and her characters are awesome!!!
Profile Image for Suzan.
1,006 reviews16 followers
January 30, 2020
Thanks again MRL

Another great read from MEAN REVIEW LADY! I love a good MC read and I found it in this. It has action and angst and if you have a heart teardrops fall
(mean review lady, MRL for short, puts horrible reviews on Goodreads.)
Profile Image for Lisa Mcintire.
600 reviews8 followers
March 8, 2016
I really liked this. Im so curious what happens in the next one.
Profile Image for Michelle  Brown.
625 reviews4 followers
April 9, 2018
Enjoyable Story but....

This was my first Vera Quinn book and I was excited to get stuck into this new MC book.

It was a very fast paced book. I enjoyed the main characters very much. I did find it strange though all her friends were around her but hardly any dialogue from them. Even Felix who seemed the be closest basically never had any vocals in this story.

I totally loved Callie. I get she was raised in this life style and that she was really loved by Chief and Ty and the whole MC but I did find it a tad unbelievable that Chief would expect his daughter to marry a guy from another MC that wasn't even close by. It was her choice but still... But hey I took it on the chin and carried on.

I did like Devil. I liked them together. They made a nice couple. How the story panned out was exciting and I did really enjoy getting hooked.

Totally loved the different point of views throughout this book. It is always nice to read what the other characters were thinking during this story.

The ending... OMG wow. Could see it coming but man. It was a little surprising to see how quickly it resolved itself. It would have been nice to see it last a little longer but hey...

But...... the number of spelling errors, words missing from sentences... there were just so many that it actually distracted me from this really good book. It got to the point it really started to annoy the shit out of me.

I kept wondering where was her spell check or grammar check while writing this..? Didn't someone, anyone else read this book before it went anywhere close to being published? Proof reader or editor, someone?

Normally this doesn't bug me but the pure number of errors actually detracted from really loving this book which was a great shame.

I look forward to seeing where this story goes.
Profile Image for Nancy.
227 reviews
June 13, 2017
Amazing read! The Blackpath MC is a family, not just any family but if you are a part of it one that always have your back and lay their life down for you if necessary. Callie is 18 has grown up in and around the MC her entire life, her dad Chief is the president. To say those 18 years have been hard on her would be putting it mildly. When the one person who convinced her to give him a chance betrays her, she is broken yet again. Now throw in Steel (president) and Devil (VP) of The Feral Steel MC into the mix. I know right like she needs more alpha males in her life, and it is the time to take control of her life and get revenge for things of the past in the process. As long as you have complete honesty that's all you need. There is no such thing as forever love, never forever. I can't tell you how much I loved the characters of this book. Just when you think its over Vera gives you a novella at the back of the book when gives you the backstory to Never Forever filling in question you didn't need to know but you oh so wanted answers to. Loved it! Totally addicted fan for life can't wait for more Blackpath MC!!!!
Profile Image for Book A Day.
58 reviews
July 27, 2017
Kylar/Devil & Callie/Baby Girl- I really appreciated this story. I enjoyed how it began at the HS graduation of Callie and her close friends the day before her birthday and the beginning of the deal that had been made without Callie's knowledge began to come into play. Being in the dark while getting glimpses of what was being revealed both in the present and the past kept the intrigue and interest at a fast paced high.

Is it a cliff hanger, totally, but luckily all of books are out and there are no issues. There are a lot of characters and like all MC books, road names are missed in there are well, but so well written there so no confusion as to each character.

Enjoyed it and enjoying the next book, where it does not loose its' momentum from the first book
Profile Image for Crystal.
73 reviews
August 31, 2019
First time reader

I would say 3.5 stars for sure. The storyline is there. The nice added backstory in the end of the book is refreshing.
But the actual story reads so choppy. Almost reminded me of a rough draft elementary kids start a book report for. In paragraph form not the whole big bubble of the main idea and then lined out smaller bubbles for each supporting paragraph of a finished report. Made it very rough to stay in the story.
The short backstory at the end had better writing style, more organized setup.
Knowing I'm going to irk myself and dive in to book two for the storyline but dreading the writing style if it hasnt been a bit more polished.
Profile Image for Alexandra St.
278 reviews
March 16, 2021
Muito ruim. Mal escrito, personagens mal construídos, história sem pé nem cabeça.
Eu inclusive sabia que já tinha lido, pq a história parecia uma boa ideia e se revelou... uma péssima
e a princesa badasss, hein? linda, perfeita, luta, constroi carros e corre, cozinha, assa, tem conhecimento da lei e de negociações...
e tudo isso antes dos 18... e virgem
um exagero
já o noivo, prêmio babaca do ano. começa "sou o fodão dominador" e na verdade é um otário. Aliás, é importante dizer que só porque os autores dizem que o cara é um bad boy alpha, se ele não fizer alguma coisa pra justificar o título, ele não é.
Profile Image for Kim Richards.
1,340 reviews7 followers
December 24, 2017
I loved this book.
It took me a little bit longr than normal to read this book, but that was down for illness.
I was pulled into the story of the book, watching it play out in my head as I was reading.
At one point I got so frustrated with the characters, I was shouting at the kindle, my son took it off me.
There are twists, turns and surprises throughout the story, I was shocked at some off the surprises.
I am so looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
This is the first time I have read Vera Quinn I was not disappointed.
Highly recommend the author and the book.
Profile Image for Susan.
1,222 reviews1 follower
July 8, 2022
Callie is an old soul with a young heart, she has a past that means she wants nothing more than honesty, respect, and fidelity from the people she calls her family and she also wants revenge for the death of her brother. Devil is a man who knows what he wants and will stop at almost nothing to get it, including lying to the woman he says he loves. What follows is a story filled with drama, action, deceit and betrayal and one hell of a cliffhanger
Profile Image for Misti  Long.
396 reviews9 followers
May 25, 2017
First book WOW

I can't believe THIS is the authors first book. He's there are typos and small things, but you have to look beyond that and admire the content. The heroine Callie is amazing even though she's young and does teenage things. She has the world on her shoulders and takes it all. I can't wait for the second book!!!!!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 89 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.