Start by marking “Incantations” as Want to Read:
Incantations

Incantations

She called for her sister...
Someone else answered.

Sisters Angela and Lillian Tremblay return to Summerhaven, New Hampshire, after sixteen years away, ready to face the secrets and half-forgotten memories from their childhood.

One winter's day, Angela finds Lillian dead in the basement of their family home. The police are convinced it’s a suicide, but the town’s residents

Published February 28th 2016 by Dark Wonderland Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Incantations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incantations

Laura Henderson
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The synopsis

After being gone for 16 years, sisters Angela and Lillian Tremblay return to Summerhaven, New Hampshire. Upon arrival they are forced to face long forgotten secrets, and childhood memories. One fateful winter day, Angela comes home to find Lillian hanging dead in the basement. The police chalk it up to a suicide but Angela thinks its something else. The home they came back to has always been a topic of gossip. The home used to belong to a witch that killed children and bathed in thei
Jenniecase
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced book you will want to read in one setting

I really enjoyed the complex web of characters. The story seemed a little rushed, but only because I wanted to read more.
Tammy Davis
Jan 25, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017-reads
This book kept me in total suspense, and quite surprised at how well it turned out.

It is about a house that sits in a small town. The house has been full of ghostly activity, suicides and down right murder. Legend has it that a witch is responsible, but one girl thinks it is hogwash. Until she meets a psychic that moves next door to a store where the woman works at. she starts confiding in the psychic after her sister is found dead, and search's for answers. But what if the answers she is seekin
Ronald Keeler
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Incantations has enough ghosts, scary stuff, and horror to keep you up late. I pulled this off the to read shelf and read it in one reading session. The novel is presented a series of blog posts, each one describing a generation level that will eventually meet their ultimate fate at 129 Walsh Street in Summerhaven. Many of the characters in the story have existed before in a different generation. At least one exists twice side-by-side as a Jekyll and Hyde type. I won’t say which one, that is par ...more
Sukriti Goyal
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-book-review
Author`s exclusive interview:

STAR RATING: 3.5/5
DESCRIPTION IN ONE LINE: Stay away from the basement.

Title: To be really honest, first time I read the word incantations I had to look it up in my dictionary (Yes, I still have one of those). I was intrigued with the title and it made me start the book quicker that I usually do.

Title Rating: 4/5

Cover: The cover is a strong representation of the story as it creates the spooky effect the writer is attempting to
Marty
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received free in exchange for a review.
If you like horror, and witch craft, and things that go bump... this is for you. While well written with few errors it was well planned and executed.
At times a little over the top with cross and double cross, but a quick read.
Dixie
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. Loved it. going to go looking for more by this author. Do yourself a favor and read this book
Cheryl
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a creepy, spooky story. I hate evil things in the basement ...... especially witches. Ripper of a read - would love to read more of his work.
Lisa
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

So many twists and turns, it kept me glued to the story so I could find out what was going on. Great read, I read in two nights.
Toni L.
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Boy this was one scary book.
Patty
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blood magic and evil spirits!! Great October read!!
Leticia
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

All I can say is wow. Wow, this was totally worth the sleepless night. It wasn’t really a book that I could put down if I wanted to. It begged me to finish it.

Every character, even minor characters, were incredibly well developed and complex. Each character had its own story and reason for being in the main story itself. But for me, it was the psychic Viviana, Angela and the Summerhaven Witch that stood out the most.

You know
Melissa Princessface
Oct 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book accomplished something monumental: it's officially the worst thing I've ever read.

I've slogged through some really horrible messes with errors and plot holes at every turn, but while those were all present, they weren't overwhelming.

I'm not going to get into this whole tragic mess, but the primary problem was that the author can't successfully tell a story with female characters. When the main character and the vast majority of other characters are women, that's a really big problem. I
Josette Thomas
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good book about the power of witches. The house held many secrets and each person to come in contact with the house met a tragic end. The reader is led to believe the line is done. Read to the end to find out what really happened. Excellent storyline and strong characters.
Stacy
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
The writer for this book has talent but the subject material is very disturbing. I finished this book and feel like the author has potential but the content of this book seems to be graphic just to be graphic.
Heather
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Definitely one of those books you can't seem to put down. Very good read with twists and spooks around every corner.
Felecia Kelly
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Unnecessary foul language. Confusing at times. Overly graphic.
Orion
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, 2017
Great story telling.
Nancy J Doyle
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

What a awesome read this will keep your interest right up to the end which the end is unexpected enjoy I did
Janet
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
very good, if you like horror stories this is a good one.
Polly Pierce
Aug 19, 2017
Disa Marnesdottr
Jul 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Erik Straker was born in South Carolina in 1977. A rich Southern history full of ghosts and haunts has served as inspiration ever since.

He is the author of the dark poetry collection Fairy Tale Destruction as well as the novel Incantations. He writes mostly in the horror and dark fantasy genres, aiming to be the bastard lovechild of Stephen King and Chuck Palahniuk. But not in a creepy way.

Erik