Start by marking “Tempting Isabel (Paradise South, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Isabel (Paradise South, #1)

Tempting Isabel

(Paradise South #1)

Luck. Lust. Love.

Wedding planner Isabel Ruiz is cursed. Her hometown of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico agrees, considering her tragic track record. Alone and loveless, she creates fairy-tale weddings for others. Her only distraction? The occasional anonymous fling. So to avoid further tragedy, her rule, one–night–only, is never broken…

Until Zack.

Self-made millionaire Zack James i
Published May 24th 2016 by 108 degrees

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Isabel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Isabel

Mommaleena
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-read-again

•Absolute Perfection.

I absolutely LOVE this story! It grabs you from the first page and holds you to the last. I have read it honestly probably 4 or 5 times already and still laugh, smile, & chuckle throughout. As well as panic, worry, cry and stress at what happens next. I just plain canNOT get enough, I want more and more from Rissa! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Taking Jana, Paradise South Book 2 to be available!

Zack's in Vallarta for two reasons, to purchase the condo he'd sp
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
PERFECT! Absolutely PERFECT!

This book is the best thing I have ever read. EVER! This is so well-written, so gripping, so emotional, so HOT, so...PERFECT!

The writing is flawless. No cliche phrases here, nooooo way. Rissa says the same thing romance authors have time and again, but she expertly uses unprecedented words and phrases to do it.

The dialogue is realistic and, at times, made me chuckle. I could easily imagine the characters speaking and hear every inflection and exasperated sigh.

The writ
Kassandra
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tempting Isabel is one of those stories that leave you feeling heavy. I enjoyed the story, loved it in fact. The connection between the main characters is believable and the internal monologue insightful. However, the story is slow moving at times and detail can be excessive. Not that these qualities are flaws, but to fully appreciate the story you need to be invested and prepared to appreciate the detailed story telling.  I will definitely read more stories by this author.
I was given an advanc
Anniek
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Isabel lives in Puerto Vallarta and is a successful wedding planner. Ever since she can remember bad things happen around her. Because of Isabel's bad luck the locals think that she is cursed. Even her own family has abandoned Isabel to steer clear of her curse. Isabel lives in a condo by the sea, a house she inherited from her grandfather. It's a secluded place and that's just how Isabel likes it. There's nobody close enough to get affected by her bad luck. When it comes to her love life Isabel ...more
Questian
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
How to start? I was supposed to write a review for this book like weeks ago. But books got to me and I totally forgot about it. Until I got an email remanding me that I have a book at that I have a book that I need to review. So, I read it using Readium. And after a day, I finally finished with this book.

Honestly, it was a mixed feeling when I was reading the book. The narration was a bit confusing. And I had to re-read some of them back to fully understands whose thought I was reading. But as
Grass monster
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tempting Isabel is the first book in the Paradise South Series. The blurb made this sound intriguing and i havent read anything from Rissa Brahm before.
Here we meet Wedding planner Isabel Ruiz, she lives in her grandads seaside condo, that was left to her after he passed away in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. She believes from a child that she is cursed. Chosing to not let anyone get close to her after everyone she loves dies or end up leaving her, Isabel believes she is better off alone in her own
Tina
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just LOVED this story. It was so much fun and so sweet. And Oh Momma, it was sexy hot. Millionaire Zack James is in Puerto Vallarta to buy his old family condo they stayed at every summer as a child and to get things ready for his little brothers wedding. He's the responsible brother that just travels and works, he has no time for relationships or complications. Then walks in the biggest complication, Isabel.
Isabel is a self professing Cursed Soul. She's been engaged several times and each ti
Sherri Hayes
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

This is one of those books where I really had trouble figuring out what to rate it. If I was basing it on the first half of the book, my rating would have been much lower. The second half of the book, however, made up for most of it.

Tempting Isabel is Rissa Brahm's debut novel and there were both pros and cons for me.

First, what I didn't like. The beginning dragged. Zack and Isabel don't meet until chapter three and it's not a ve
June
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I love to travel, so an international romance set in Puerto Vallarta was right up my alley . The setting wasn't the only romantic romantic part of this book- OMG. While I've read some hotter contemporary romances even erotica, I don't usually go for the sexier books. Tempting Isabel has a few detailed hot scenes, it has a main romantic theme- not excessive sex.
The actual sexy parts were integrated into the story with the development of the heroine's and hero's growth making
Katrina Berry
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tempting Isabel by Rissa Brahm is Book 1 of the Paradise South Series. Ms. Brahm is a new author for me and I was interested to see how she rolled out this debut story. The premise of Tempting Isabel was catchy and I was jonzing to read it after seeing the description of the book. In reading the book though, I was less into it than I had expected; something was lacking. Zach and Isabel's chemistry was hot while the pace and setting were nice
Gina Smith
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first book in a series by Rissa Brahm with each being a stand alone story. Isabel thinks she is cursed and will not allow herself to fall in love again. She had one fiance die before she could marry him and two failed arranged marriages that never happened. Zack is visiting Puerto Vallarta for his bother's wedding. It just so happens that Isabel is the wedding planner for this event. Isabel and Zack end up meeting before they realize this connection and Isabel's boss has forbidden any relati ...more
Jennifer Holzapfel
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot porta Vallarta Mexico" Lucky " Zack James meets "cursed" Isabel Ruiz while attending to business before his brother's upcoming wedding. Isa is a wedding planner for foreigners. Zack and Isa have a one night stand, the hottest either have ever had. Isa is a one and done girl because of her curse. Her job is on the line when she finds out her one night stand is part of the wedding party, her boss will not stand for her people having relations with wedding party attendees. Zack and Isa feel an ...more
Carmen
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
First, Rissa Brahm is a talented writer. This romance novel is complex and interesting. I loved the mystical, cultural aspects of the story line...it's something different. Both Isabel and Zack are strong, independent, and intelligent characters. In many romance novels, these characteristics are one-sided--designated to the male character. This is another factor that sets this novel apart from other novels in this genre. The dialogue between Isabel and Zack was SOOO entertaining and very realist ...more
Patti
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is very obvious that this writer is very talented and skilled. These characters are flawlessly formed and immediately you are aware of the contrasting views toward love by the main characters. The journey was a bit long for me but the writing kept me captive. I had to know! The journey to the HEA is a great one very much worth reading and an excellent start for a book one. The hot and steamy scenes are well placed and serve a purpose towards the story. Skilled doesn't seem a strong enough wor ...more
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Set in the tropical paradise of Puerto Vallarta, the author weaves an amazing romantic tale. I couldn't put this book down. I laughed, cried and cheered throughout the whole book. Isabel is a such strong, smart and classy woman. She handles all that life throws at her with such grace and resilience. Zach is the perfect match for her and a total heartthrob and exactly what every woman wants in a redeemable man! I will most cert
Mary M
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am now and from this point forward a die hard Rissa Brahm fan! I absolutely can not get enough of her writing. The way it ebbs and flows. Her wording and technique. Oh my goodness!
The main characters Isabel and Zack in this book she couldn't have written more imperfectly perfect for one another, I loved it! I started this series a little backwards and read number two first but I think that was ok, it didn't really phase the story of the main characters. I flipping loved it! I can't wait to ge
Kendra Morgan
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: over 21
Recommended to Kendra by: bookreview 22
Shelves: reviewed
I enjoyed this fast paced romance. It was easy to care about the characters. Through most of the book I was kept on the edge of my seat. While it was a forgone conclusion that Zack and Isabel would end up together, sometimes, it was hard to believe it would really happen.

Be warned, there are a couple of very graphic sex scenes. I skimmed over these and it took nothing away from the story.

I received a review copy of this book.
Tami
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC free for a honest review. Tempting Isabel (Paradise South #1) By Rossa Brahm.
   The story was romantic,  sultry,  and engaging. Beginning with the two protagonists Isabel Ruiz a event planner,and Zack James a self made millionaire /playboy in the paradise of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
   The characters pull the story together, with an instant chemistry. A great exotic back drop, and storyline. A good read from beginning to end. 4 stars.

Barbara
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Isabel Ruiz is a wedding planner, with as she believes a cursed life the people of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico believe that is so, she only has one night flings until she meets Zackary James a self-made millionaire who has a charmed life. What happens when these two realize they are meant for each other? Have these two meet before without really knowing that, if so when? I was gifted a copy for an honest review barwatts@telus.net
Dr. J.
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with the setting of this book. The author paints a beautiful atmosphere here. I enjoyed the growing tension between the Isabel and Zack. I liked their history with the place. The story started out a tad slow for my taste but then it got moving and took off. I am excited to see where the next book goes. I highly recommend this book.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

Will leave my thoughts after the Blog Tour......

Follow Us at :: Book Bitches Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Katie J
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paradise South Book 1
This is the first time in reading this Author.
There is a charisma to the writing. The writing is fresh.
It is a well-written story with erotic romance as well as being a fun
read.

Sherry Westendorf
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is an ok read. Interesting book but not something I usually read. But it is a good one for someone who likes this kind of books. It kept my attention. I was given an ARC by Book Review 22 for an honest review.
smqdc
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-read
I read this after the third book in the series, Catching Preeya, which may have tainted my judgement. Temping Isabel is a lovely book, but read on to Catching Preeya if you really want to see Rissia Brahm hit her storytelling stride!

(ARC provided courtesy of NetGalley)
Kim
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. I loved it and couldn't put it down once I started. Great characters and story line as well. You will love reading about Isabel and Zack. A wedding planner who believes she has a cursed life and billionaire who has found life.
Lesley Ellis
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review.

Good storyline and characters. Well written, had me turning the pages. Loved the emotions it brought out, and the heat. Lots of laughing out loud. Would recommend.
Shellby
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I could not get into this book no matter how hard I tried. I was able to finish the book, there was just something missing for me.
Susie Price
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Curses, Suspence, Love, Hate, Disgrace, Secrets and Mystery All Spun into a tail that will spin you up like a "Tilt a Whirl Ride!

Its a good story, it had a lot of potential to be a five star book! And I did enjoy it, But would or could have given more stars....if it was better! It is very long, I think it drags in several places and she didn't need to do that, the book already had plenty going on in that the extra was to much! Its was to long and also why its filled with stuff you don't exactly
Valerie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Couldn’t finish it. So much swearing it got on my nerves. The word “f*ck” was used almost 300 times; “damn” 256, “sh*t” 68... the word “ass”? 323 times. Way, way overboard. Most of the characters come across as some overly emotional teenagers and actual talk like teenagers.

The whole time I was reading, the only image I had of the hero was one of a lovesick dog - not a good visual. He's got the emotional intelligence level of a teenager. He’s cursing like his life depends on it, he’s obsessed wi
Joanne
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Tempting Isabel is the first book in Rissa Brahm’s new Paradise South series. In this book we meet Isabel and Zack, two people so different but so completely right for each other.
Isabel Ruiz works as a wedding planner in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. She believes she has been cursed as anyone who ever gets close to her ends up in a fatal accident. Shunned by most of the town and all but three of her eleven siblings Isabel leads a lonely and loveless life, throwing herself into her work in order to
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Coming Home (Only Time Will Tell, #1)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
  • Day 31
  • Kaleidoscope Summer: Samantha's Story (Serenity Cove, #1)
  • Awakening from the Daydream: Reimagining the Buddha's Wheel of Life
  • The Masterpiece (Work of Art, #3)
  • Scarlet Lies: Book One in the Scarlet Series
  • Eye Contact
  • The Record of My Heart (Words, #3.5)
  • Writers of the Future Volume 28
  • More Than A Slave
  • Young Junius
  • Blue Into The Rip
  • Leading with Intention: Every Moment Is a Choice
  • Second Chance Bride (Sapphire Bay #1)
  • At Last
  • In the Cleft Joy Comes In the Mourning:  A Story of Hope After Tragedy
  • Letters to my Mother (but really for my father)
Award winning contemporary romance writer Rissa Brahm grew up in New York and has since lived in all four corners of the United States, and beyond. e beautiful paradise of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico—the core setting of her hot & heartfelt debut series, Paradise South—is Rissa’s most recent and beloved home.

When not chained-by-choice to her MacBook, she is embarking on out- door adventures with h

Paradise South (6 books)
  • Taking Jana (Paradise South, #2)
  • Catching Preeya (Paradise South, #3)
  • Satisfying Ali (Paradise South, #4)
  • Freeing Kyla (Paradise South, #5)
  • P.S. In Paradise (Paradise South, #6)