Start by marking “Bound” as Want to Read:

Bound

July 2013, Manchester, UK. A murder investigation team, led by DCI Mark Gunn is assigned to probe into the brutal mutilations of four women found dead from various locations around the city centre. The evidence gathered from the scene of the crimes, and the extreme nature of the women's deaths indicate that the team are looking for a dangerous, deranged maniac. As the case ...more
Published March 12th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound

Start your review of Bound
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Fan-freaking-tastic! I devoured this book and it's combination of serial killer chiller crimes of the most heinous horrific nature combined with a taut plot and brilliant characters has this in my long list of top reads for 2016.

Matt Hickman and Andrew Lennon came together to write this book and...

It worked SO well!

Seriously lads, I'm a fan of both of you but keep writing this style of novel together. You are on a winning streak here. Kudos to you both!

The book is graphically gory with its tortu
Char
Bound was a nasty little story about a serial killer with an axe to grind, (so to speak), and a police detective who was having none of it.

The killer in this short novel is sadistic and nothing short of an animal. Actually, DCI Gunn , the detective, is a bit of an animal as well. Gunn's character was way over the top for me, and ended up in the cliche category of "loose cannon".

The other characters here were pretty well drawn-I liked all three of the female detectives, (though there being th
Mandy
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh I knew I was Bound to like this one..

Matt Hickman and Andrew Lennon are back at it again, this time collaborating on a single project. They have worked together on their own series of shorts called Hexad, which was AWESOME, plus have been in a few different anthologies together, not to mention their solo works which I have read and loved, LOVED them all!!
Two of my new favorite authors, together again. Awwww..
To say I am a fan of both is an understatement and I was super excited to see what ki
Angela DeSilva
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: serial killer/crime/thriller fans
Recommended to Angela by: Goodreads friends
A very exciting, gruesome, thriller/serial killer/crime fiction book. It's one of my favorite reads this year. If you like this type of book you will absolutely love it. Such a good book! I am definitely checking out more from this Andrew Lennon author, I really liked his writing.
Hannah
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bound to disturb

As a die hard fan of both the corroborating Authors, I, understandably , was very excited to get my hands on Bound. And I was not disappointed! Every element of this book showcases the talent and skill of the Authors. From the individual character chapters, that allows the reader to get to know them, and care about them ; to the brutal murder scenes, that even had this crazier fan feeling a little pal.
Hopefully this is not the last collaboration between the Authors. I, for one,
Michael
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As you settle in and read Bound you should know that this isn’t your typical horror novel. At times it feels like it, but it’s a thriller with teeth that could bite you if you’re not careful. This is one of those novels that you begin reading and just can’t stop. It’s like crack in book form. What I loved about this was the attention to detail and character development. You have two sides to cheer for. The Investigators looking for a killer or a killer who is sadistic and unlike any you have se ...more
Duncan Ralston
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hickman and Lennon together have crafted a taut, tense psychological thriller, interweaving multiple characters and styles. However the book works well as a whole, and there were moments that left me genuinely creeped out, and twists that surprised. Recommend to readers who like their thrillers to have a jagged edge of gore. The only part that irked me a tad was when several characters were introduced one after another, each in their own chapter, though this part had a modern Agatha Christie fee ...more
Rob Twinem
Let me start by saying that I think Andrew Lennon has wonderful talent as a writer and author. His short story collections A Taste of Fear and Twisted Shorts where some of the best I have read this year and they showed great flair, vitality and excitement in a very overcrowded market/horror genre. It is therefore unfortunate that I found Bound not to my liking and indeed not to his usual high standards. I appreciate that many readers and bloggers differ in what they find  good and exciting but ...more
Tamara
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced kill ride from a dynamic writing team. Not for the squeamish. If this book is going to upset you, dear reader, consider yourself warned ... back away slowly. If you enjoy brutality and graphic images, gore and blood ... hurry on down and get your copy! You're (more than) BOUND to love it. Hope to see more collaborations from Lennon and Hickman in the future.
Danielle Fernweh
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spell-Bound

Great fast paced story with good character development. Well written with a steady pace. I enjoyed the backstories and how they were incorporated into the plot. Highly recommend.
christina cooper
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unpredictable, Exciting, Horrific, Insane Ending!
We meet DCI Mark Gunn, and learn a little about why is the way he is. He has a team of specialists he has hand chosen to help him solve crimes of the worst kind. Gunn’s team consist of:
Jessica Sinnamond who joined the police she experienced a hate crime as a teen.
Melissa Lason, considered a lifelong loner, neglected as a child, genius, avid puzzler lover and solver.
Charlie Corkish, an I.T. master, with possible something to prove.
And don’t y
Lisa Lee
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BOUND, a horror suspense thriller by Andrew Lennon and Matt Hickman, ultimately exceeded my expectations in intensity. I expected the story to be more suspenseful than anything else based on the synopsis, but this one builds upon itself page after page from suspense mystery to suspense thriller to horror thriller. It shifts perspective without rehashing events, giving in-depth characterization without losing tension. The tension builds steadily as the story becomes progressively more disturbing. ...more
Anthony Williams
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's like a clash of the titans when Andrew and Matt get together to work on a book and this masterpiece will knock you into next week like a punishing blow from Thors hammer. From start to finish this book will keep you in it's firm grip and doesn't let go until the bitter end. An awesome plot,plenty of gore and brilliantly written. I can't wait to get a signed copy.
Lynsey Farmer
Shelves: 2016
I read this book in one sitting as to be honest I could not believe what I was reading and I could not get enough hence the reason for one sitting.

I am an avid crime thriller reader so I am use to gruesome deaths but this book is something else and I think this element of the horrific deaths makes this book stand out to me and makes it an unforgettable read.
Keith Norman
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gripping story filled with brutal nastiness and some wonderful little twists. This had me hooked and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great work you guys!!!
Michelle
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
I received this audio book from the author in exchange for a honest review.

Loved this book! It had a very brutal and gruesome start and didn't let up until the end.it also has a detective/police angle that I hadn't expected ... thought it would just be straight gore, but this element really added to the story.

A quick read that I couldn't put down. Looking forward to reading more from this author!
Jessica Malloy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really impressive, reading this book. I found it something original thing with a cool suspense, good characters. "Psychopath Killer" is a popular things around books of genre like this, but still, it was really something new to me. It an awesome mix of two awesome authors - their common work created this amazing story. Also, I loved its final!
Joan
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Young women are brutally tortured before being sadistically murdered. Enter the team of specialists Jessica Sinnamond, Melissa Lason and Charlie Corkish all out to prove themselves and headed by the hot headed DCI Mark Gunn under the command of Jack Rollins. They are in for the most horrifying case of their lives with no rhyme,reason or clues as to why these victims are being viciously murdered. This psychological thriller is a fast paced, roller coaster ride of terror, graphic violence, gore an ...more
Alice J.
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I heard this was being released, I knew I had to get my hands on it. A collaboration by Andrew Lennon and Matt Hickman was just what I needed in my life and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.

The story follows DCI Mark Gunn who happens to be a police officer in Manchester. He's known for his shady tactics but he always get results so nobody is bothered. Not until now. With a string of violent, horrific murders all orchestrated on women, Gunn and colleagues are on a race against time to fig
Julie
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
While this is not the first book I have read by either of these authors, I have to admit it was one of my favorites. I always enjoy stories when you can't help but like the antagonist, despite how cruel. This was such a fun and easy read. Easy as in one minute it was light outside, the next minute it was WAY past my bedtime. I had to work in the morning! Not a difficult choice however due to unlimited availability of coffee
Jason
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Real page turner

Wow, I was kept enthralled how I love that never would have guessed who the killer was wtf? Good Job guys! Highly recommended for all fans of modern horror
Amit
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gore, brutal, gruesome horror story to read. This one is not certainly for everyone to read. There's some very nasty part from it that will turn your head and mind in offside balance. Better you check the book review before read it...

In Manchester, UK the date was july 13 there's couole of incidents about murder as four women found dead brutally invery in human way. A murder investigation team, led by thr leader called DCI Mark Gunn is assigned to found out the real killer behind all this. But t
Fonda G. Thomas
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Great book. It kept me on the end of my seat. I can't wait to read more by this author!
Ryan McElroy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Very poor ending

.....needed at least one more chapter for explaining . . . . . . . . . . .. .
Debra Barstad
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book captivates you from the beginning and the end leaves you wondering who the killer is. Fast easy read.
Paul
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Complete and utter rubbish, do not waste your time let alone your money.
Dawn Clifford
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

DCI Mark Gunn worked for the Manchester police and was put in charge of some grisly murders that were happening around the city. He was known to be a hard cop but one that got results, even if it wasn't strictly by the book. Along with his team of officers they try to find out if there was any connection between the crimes. Every time they thought they were getting close to the murderer the trail goes cold again and they seem no closer to finding him. Chris Daniels was looking over an empty prop
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gruesome and Brilliant

Loved it right up my street. Gruesome killings and a shady detective. I raced through it. The ending was surprising and left me thinking. Thanks Andrew and Matt for Your collaboration on this extremely good book.
Marilyn McKnight
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bound

Quite a sick book but very interesting and fast paced. I actually read it in one hit. As I said, the violence was pretty brutal and probably unnecessary but apart from that, no complaints.
Shadow Girl
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
RTC

• Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • Revival
  • Monster
  • Night Shift
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • The Mist
  • Joyland
  • Dolores Claiborne
  • The Red Hand
  • The Shining Pyramid
  • The Country Club: Members Only (The One Percent #1)
  • The Ceremony
  • The Bowmen
  • N
  • Firestarter
  • Cell
  • Terminal
  • How Much To..?
Andrew Lennon is the bestselling author of Every Twisted Thought and several other horror/thriller books. He has featured in various bestselling anthologies, and is successfully becoming a recognised name in horror and thriller writing. Andrew is a happily married man living in the North West of England with his wife Hazel & their children.
Having always been a big horror fan, Andrew spent a lot of