Start by marking “Darling Discovered: A True Story of Submission” as Want to Read:
Darling Discovered: A True Story of Submission

Read Book

Darling Discovered: A True Story of Submission

After her seemingly perfect world came crashing down Chloe Donnovan was faced with a crisis of identity. In a bold attempt to start life over in a more authentic way, she confessed her darkest secret, a desire to submit to her husband Leo. The two set off on a year of information, exploration, and sexual experimentation that will either breathe new life into the relationsh ...more
Published June 1st 2016 by Mrs. Darling

To ask other readers questions about Darling Discovered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darling Discovered

Start your review of Darling Discovered: A True Story of Submission
Autumn Byrd
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library, arcs, romance
The following review is based off my own opinions, thoughts and reactions. So in other words brace yourself. *There may be inappropriate words such as curse words.* You have been advised in advance.*

Can I just say this book gets kinky as fuck? Is that the word I'm looking for even? I went from being really pissed off and annoyed at the beginning of this book to being like "damn, this shit is kinky!"

description

I don't even know how to convey my feelings into a decent review. Fifty Shades of Grey has nothing
Christabella
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, favorites
I was blown away by the honest vulnerability in this true story. THIS is the REAL Fifty Shades!
Angel (huge fan of all things Totoro)
This is a toughie for me to review; I preordered the book as soon as I found out the author had published something. She’s an awesome, strong woman who I envy, but also look up to.

First off, I just want to establish the fact that I have never read BDSM books that portrayed real life. Sure, I’ve read the horrible 50 Shades; Cherise Sinclair (BDSM author) knows how to make my bones melt with her Masters of the Shadowlands Series. With that said, I subconsciously was expecting a book with a fast pa
Elizabeth Affeldt
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to read an advanced copy of this award winning book.
From the moment I began reading I was completely riveted, and unable to put it down. I read the entire thing in a single day. The writing moved along quickly and the author managed to evoke the entire gambit of emotions including joy, lust, and heartbreak. I found myself laughing and crying right along with the main character.
I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone. Not only is a boo
Jennifer Lee
**I was given a copy this by the author for an honest review.**

I was surprised by how much heart this had. It's not just a story about ones discovery of BDSM and that world, but it's also about a woman struggling with her husband’s infidelity and all the changes a woman goes through after having a baby. She struggles with learning to accept her new body and forgiving someone who has betrayed her so deeply. I love how she doesn't make excuses for choosing to give him a chance to right his wrongs.
Kathy L
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written story. This story is about Mrs. Darling finding her true self amongst adversity. Mrs. Darling told her story as if I was sitting right next to her as she recounted the joy, trouble, doubt and pure pleasure she discovered after the horrible betrayal by her Mister.

She did not just walk away, she fought for herself and her little one. She laid her soul out for everyone to see her truth.

I have read a few "true story" BDSM stories and this one had me hooked from the beginni
Dana
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unapologetic Honesty

Darling recreates the world she's lived in through raw feeling and emotion that is unparalleled. Anyone who has felt any of the doubt, confusion, mistrust.. Anyone who has felt unsure or lost in this world of relationships- not just BDSM, but relationships in general- will feel such a strong connection to her experience.

Her writing brings to light some of the deepest fears and misgivings felt by those entering a BDSM lifestyle, and gives them guidance and advice through per
Gayla
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative and well written with an HEA and healing.

Loved this book right from page one.

I enjoyed the journey this couple went through and it gave me a new respect for people who save a marriage after a deal breaker.

It's well written and the blurb is right on the money as to the story line.

Loved hearing this ladies POV regarding stereotypes that women are subjected to. Especially by other women.

If the blurb intrigues you, then I would definitely recommend this book. Even if you don't agree
John
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a quick and easy read. 3 stars for the most accurate portrayal of a BDSM relationship I have read.
ReviewGirl
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Stunning Debut!

“Darling Discovered” is truly one of the best books I have ever read in this genre. I cried, I laughed, I pondered insights, and I was deeply moved by the writer’s poetic point of view. I will cherish this book always, and recommend it to anyone who wants to better understand the REAL Lifestyle of D/s (Dominance and submission), M/s (Master and slave), and BDSM (Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism).

Although 50 Shades of Grey helped bring this Lifestyle into the mainstream, it
Tequila
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK! I am totally going to be recommending people who are interested in the lifestyle to read this book. There needs to be more books like this out there, more first hand accounts of what it is like for couples who are starting out new together in the lifestyle. I read this book in just one setting. I would be reading and next thing I know, I'm two chapters further than I last remember. That's how deep I was in this book. This is just a fantastic novel and I do hope that Mrs. Dar ...more
Mstr Ryder
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's about time someone wrote something entertaining to read, real, educational, and even well written about this lifestyle!! This is what 50 shades was missing! Truth and reality form someone who actually knows. It covers the whole range of emotions and is extremely sexy! This is a must read whether you are into the lifestyle or not! Oh yeah, SEXY AS HELL!!!
Ginger
Feb 27, 2020
Debra
Jan 09, 2020
Mrs. Darling
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Terri Blumberg
Nov 01, 2016
Doc
May 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Story of O (Story of O #1)
  • Michael and Jenna's Christian Domestic Discipline Marriage
  • Master of O
  • Arabella
  • Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • The Krinar Captive
  • The Billionaire's Rules: The Complete Series Box Set (1-16)
  • Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)
  • The Castle (The Castle, #1)
  • Iron Lake (Cork O'Connor, #1)
  • Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)
  • Wicked Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #9)
  • Seized (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #2)
  • Sentinel (Galactic Gladiators: House Of Rone, #1)
  • Lions and Tigers and Bears - The Internet Strikes Back (Life, the Internet and Everything Book 2)
  • Worst Nightmare (A Sam and Indie Novel #2)
  • RATS
  • Lucid Intervals (Stone Barrington, #18)

News & Interviews