Start by marking “Rise of Alpha (The Prodian Journey #1)” as Want to Read:
Rise of Alpha (The Prodian Journey #1)

Rise of Alpha (The Prodian Journey #1)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Release Date: May 3, 2016

With every curse comes a blessing...

All Brian Morrison wants is to be an ordinary teenager with normal teenage problems, but his uncontrollable twitching and phonic tics make that impossible. The butt of jokes in school, he is nothing but a laughing-stock until a visit to a local tarot shop turns his life upside-down.

The psychic’s strange predicti
Paperback, First Edition, 328 pages
Published May 3rd 2016 by Talem Publication

To ask other readers questions about Rise of Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of Alpha

Earicka
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Both A Blessing And A Curse Of Destiny

This series must be read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to read Path Of The Guardian!

Brian has spent his life being marginalized and ridiculed for something that is no fault of his own and completely involuntary. He has Tourette's Syndrome. Besides physical tics he randomly drops the F-Bomb ... Especially when he gets nervous, upset or stressed. After constantly moving his WHOLE life from place to place he finally has real friends... Two of t
M.B.
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Usually, Font's book suck me right in from the very first word, but I have to admit, the first 15-20% were a bit of a struggle to get into and I can't even explain why. However, once I got past that, I read the next 70% in one sitting without even realising.

Right off the bat, we're introduced to Brian, a kid who's been fighting for acceptance his entire life thanks to his Tourette's. He has a couple of close friends and he's mostly happy with his life. Then he goes to a tarot card reader one nig
Jennifer Garcia
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2016, ibooks
Oh, how I enjoyed this book!! The story was so engaging from the get-go and soon became a huge mystery to me. I love it when I think I have the whole story figured out and find out I was completely wrong, because I love the surprise. The story flowed and had me on the edge of my seat so many times. It's one of those ... root for the underdog ... type of books. And, I did ... and then the story just got better and better.
The story of Brian and Shannon was intriguing and interesting and amazing a
Tbird London
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I believe the synopsis gives you a wonderful summary of this book but what it doesn’t tell you is the style of Lorenz Font when she weaves a story for her readers. Be prepared when you open a book by her to be swept away into a world that captures your attention and heart, while being something that you will never be able to predict the ending of. I have yet to read anything by this author that doesn’t quickly capture my interest and heart, taking me away from the world of reality and into a rea ...more
Karla
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The cover pulled me in because it reminded me of those Gangers from Doctor Who, and while the synopsis talked about the main character having Tourette's Syndrome and having to protect the popular girl, I was really interested in reading this story.

I thought it was an okay read. It was quick and easy to read, if at times I found the wording was a little awkward at times- but maybe it was because it showed how eccentric, and geeky Brian was.

I had trouble with the idea that Brian had Tourette's Syn
Kathy Wideman
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was hard for me to decide how many stars to give this book. While it did take me a bit to get into this book I do want to read the next one. I kind of wished it had more of what I’m not exactly sure. Not sure if it needed more action or more romance but like I said I still want to read the next one. Brian has a form of Tourette’s; his phonic tics and twitching have plagued him his whole life. He hates them and the whole he feels it makes him separate from everyone else. He has two friends who ...more
Karen
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reviews
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

This is how you start a new series! Ms. Font ended this exactly at the right place. No huge cliffhanger, but I can't wait to find out what happens in book #2.

Brian is a highschool senior whose Tourette's Syndrome has made him a social outcast at school. He is lucky to have two faithful friends who don't seem to care about his tics and shouted "f-bombs" (as he calls them.) They all go to a fortune teller who reads the tarot cards for h
Rebecca Austin
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Brian Morrison seems to be living a life of somewhat misery. He has two close friends - Mark Stanton and Darryl Martin but he lives with Tourette's Syndrome which leaves him with uncontrollable tics and swearing in the middle of class.

Then on a bit of a dare from his friends, the three boys decide to visit the local psychic, Madame Elizabeth for a Tarot Reading and he rushes out - unsure of what his future is. But when he begins to have dreams that come true Brian knows he needs help.

When the be
R.E. Hargrave
Shelves: arc-received
What a fantastic series opener!
The queen of the unexpected twist is back, and this time, Font is taking her storytelling skills to the next level. From the first page, Rise of Alpha unfolds like a movie, sucking you into an elaborately crafted world filled with vivid imagery and characters who are real, engaging, and flawed.
All Brian Morrison wants is to stay off the radar and out of people’s way, but a lifetime of ill-timed expletives and uncontrollable spasms has left him branded ‘the freak wi
KittyGrimm
Shelves: reviews, ebooks
I received ARC version of this book for a honest review.

Rise of Alpha is first book of the Prodian Journey. The story follows young man, called Brian Morrison, who has always been kind of loner because his tourettes, only having couple friends who is close to him. After going to visit a psychic with his friends, he get premonition, which scares him a lot. While visiting the psychic, he meets Shannon, beautiful girl, who goes to same school as him. When they meet again at school, he finds himself
Wyndy
Shelves: my-authors
Brian is not your normal teenager. He has a lot to overcome when dealing with bullying and his lack of confidence. He has Tourette's Syndrome, which causes him to twitch and use expletives at the most inopportune times. That being said, he has a couple of true blue friends who support him and let him be as "normal" as possible. That is until his "normal" becomes completely NOT normal.

Brian is pulled into a world where the girl he covets becomes someone he has to watch over, and the people around
Julie Gustafson-Monk
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog.

Brian wasn't a normal teenage kid. By saying that I am meaning he has Tourettes syndrome. He was the laugh of the school with his uncontrollable tics and outburst. His friends thought it would be fun to visit a physic reader. What each of them are told sends them into a world of the unknown and could possibly change their lives.

He meets Shannon and controlling his emotions around her becomes a bigger problem for him.. He becomes very close to Sh
Shannan
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful ya/na book where the main character has Tourette syndrome. I love that the author including the muscle twitches, tics, and sometimes uncontrolled movements as well as involuntary articulating that is common. Each case is different so while the author opted for the more classic burst of obscenity, I've known suffered that mimic back a sound if the pitch of the word catches their ear. (Such as the guitar brand Nippon Ghaki did Antonio on barter kings). But disorder aside, Brian is a ve ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brian Morrison wants what everyone wants, to be normal. All of his life he’s been made fun of and bullied because he has Tourette’s Syndrome. When his friends talk him into going to see a psychic, he’s hesitant but goes anyways. After the strange visit with the psychic, everything starts to change, including becoming friends with one of the most popular girls in school.
Finding out that he is the guardian of a being not of earth is one thing, but finding out his whole life has been a lie is quite
Crystal
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lori Divine
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Font has done it again. This story took me for an exhilarating ride. Filled with humor, mystery and teen angst, I can't put this book down.

Brian has been bullied all of his life. He hides and prefers to be in the company of his two friends. The only ones who understand his illness and are not embarrassed to be associated with him. On a dare, they went to a psychic reading. The prediction jump started a series of incidents that Brian don't understand. But when it brings him closer Shannon, t
T.
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I purchased Rise of Alpha during a .99 cent promotion. Well developed central characters and an engaging narrative style make this story a fun ride. Font did a great job of world-building, although there are still a lot of plot holes that would be explained later, no doubt. Rise of Alpha ended in a good place, but there is obviously more to this story and I'll be interested to read on. An excellent Young Adult novel which will likely be enjoyed by fans of DelSheree Gladden's Aisling series.
Dione Marks
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Give it up for the talented Lorenz Font for a fantastic series opener! A well told story with an unlikely hero, royalty, weapons and another universe. I was enthralled from the beginning chapter and never set it down. In fact I have read it now twice and it still captures my imagination. Do yourself a favor and read this book and every single one after , and then read them again.
Frank S.
Paul Willis
Dianne
A new series from Lorenz 1 2 Apr 26, 2016 05:17PM
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Welcome to Serpent's Kiss (Serpent's Kiss 0.5)
  • Taunting Lips (A Teasing Hands Accompaniment)
  • Black Rose
  • Caught in the Middle
  • Fireworks
  • Rue Toulouse
  • Unhoppy (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #3)
  • Lady of the Flames (A Most Peculiar Season, #3)
  • Shades of Surrender: Fifty by Fifty #4: A Billionaire Romance Boxed Set
  • Éire's Captive Moon (Éire's Viking, #1)
  • Seven Days
  • Where We Fell
  • Rising Shadows (World in Shadows, #1)
  • The Misapprehention of Bella Swan
  • Day of Sacrifice Omnibus (Day of Sacrifice #1-6)
  • Under These Restless Skies
A professional daydreamer, Lorenz Font discovered her love of writing after reading a celebrated novel that inspired one idea after another. Since being published in 2013, she has been conspiring, butting heads, and enjoying her spare time with vampires, angels, samurais, and other creatures she has created in her head.

Her perfect day consists of writing and lounging on her garage couch (a.k.a. t
More about Lorenz Font...