Start by marking “Unspoken Promises (The Unspoken Love Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unspoken Promises (The Unspoken Love Series, #2)

Unspoken Promises (Unspoken Love #2)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Unspoken Promises are worse than lies.

Morgan Kennedy and Lincoln Gates have been in love since high school. Their friends have envied their devotion to not only each other, but also the life they’ve made together. From the outside looking in, their relationship is perfect. One mirrored of fairytales. But behind the door, Morgan isn’t feeling as fulfilled as she once did. S
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Unspoken Promises, please sign up.

H.P. Davenport Unspoken Promises releases on January 16, 2017.

Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
IT'S LIVE!!!! http://amzn.to/2jQbrsD

description

Lincoln and Morgan have been together since high school. Their love has been strong enough to survive the test of time and give them the chance to make a life together.

Until now..
Until tragedy strikes and guilt consumes them both. Like a hurricane destroying everything in its path; bringing out feelings that make them second-guess their wants, and leaving behind just pieces of a love that was considered “perfect”.

Will they find their way back to each other?
Julia
Couldn't even get to chapter 6. I'm sorry but this is a shit book. I did not sign up this.
I am fully aware that I might have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning when i started to read this, but I'm going to stand by my review....

Let me first say this book was never going to work for me because i hated the writing style- the author uses extra adjectives to try and make her writing sound smarter but it just makes it sound idiotic in my humble opinion.

The rest of this review has MA
Rejane
Jan 17, 2017 marked it as maybe
Not enough reviews at all. Need many more than those. But already enough to know is very angsty and the couple disagree A LOT and the heroine is bitter (than hero). So.. I need spoilers otherwise it'll be a pass.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Keeping Promises and Giving Hope Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

I've known this book was going to be an emotional read based on everything Ms. Davenport had been hinting about. What I didn't expect is for it to be such an emotional roller coaster. This book literally starts at a scene that was gut wrenching in Unspoken Words but this is from Lincoln and Morgan's point of view.

In order to understand the relationship our H/h have you need to know they've known each other for most of their liv
Samantha Schafer
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
It feels like I've waited forever for HP Davenport to have her second book come out! I loved Cami and Jamie, but I wanted to learn more about The rest of the gang!

This book is Morgan and Lincoln's story. How they met in middle school to how they started dating at sixteen to how they run a business together.

Having been together 8 years; Morgan starts to question is she was enough for him, if this was the life they were meant to have. She's unhappy and her personality has changed to everyone. On
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Oh my, this book wrecked my soul. Lincoln and Morgan have a love that people only dream of , a love that's often taken for granted which is exactly what they did, so much so that it was to a point of no return for these two, can they find their way back or is to little, to late?
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC received in exchange for an honest review

We first meet Lincoln and Morgan in Unspoken Words. And if you read the first book you will know that something tragic happened and the group of friends are all affected by this. Morgan and Lincoln blame themselves for what happened and its like they can't move past it or talk to each other about it.
The two of them have been together for a long time so you would think it would only bring them closer but sometimes it felt like they were just starting o
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really really love this story. Morgan and Lincoln really take you on a rollar coaster ride. My emotions were all over the place with this book. I enjoyed this book so much. Heather really has come into her own with this being 2nd book! Fantastic book!

Finding that Morgan is wanting more, Lincoln has vowed never to give her the one thing she desires. Will this be a deal breaker for her? After all these years, she has come to realize she is needing more.

Words will be spoken, hearts will be brok
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Book 2 in the series is Morgan and Lincoln's story. They have been together since age 16 - about 8 years - they are deeply in love which is easy to see BUT the fact that they both want different things in life is now taking a toll on them as they watch friends get married. There is a bit of overlap with the books and here we see how what happened to Camryn affects Lincoln and Morgan being that it happened at their club and as a result of something Morgan did. I feel like their relationship has h ...more
Tami Talbert
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unspoken Promises is book two in H.P. Davenport’s The Unspoken Love series and is definitely an excellent addition. It tells the story of Lincoln and Morgan who we met in book one.

Lincoln and Morgan have been together since they were sixteen. Their connection was immediate and for eight years their love has been the envy of all of their friends, unstoppable and going strong. But sometimes appearances can be deceiving. When her best friend gets engaged and starts planning her wedding, Morgan sta
Richelle Robinson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We are first introduced to Lincoln and Morgan in Unspoken Words. The group is dealing with the aftermath of what happened to Camryn. You don't need to read the other book to know what happens but I recommend it since it was a good story. Lincoln and Morgan both blame themselves for what happened and their guilt consumes them. I understood where they were coming from but I wished they would have communicated with each better. They've been together for 8 years and at times they felt like a new cou ...more
DJ Sakata
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

Don’t make promises you can’t keep Lincoln. Promises are worse than lies. You don’t just make me believe them, you make me hope for them.

With the way she is drinking, I can only imagine that tonight will not end well. Either she will pass out, or I will be holding her hair while she sings to the porcelain gods.

I hate that you hold my love in your hand. All those words you told me, the promises you made.

My Review:

Nothing against the quality of the writing or story – but due to my
HeatherP
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
Angst lovers listen up! This one is for you.

Lincoln and Morgan's story is one that will resonate with so many. These two have been together for a long time. They are stuck at that choice so many these days struggle with. Do they marry or do they even need that piece of paper? Would that make them happier or not? I've been there, I get it.

This is HP Davenport's second book and I can tell she is going to become a favorite of so many. I liked the writing and the story. I loved the angst! I'm a suc
Kizzy
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

WOW!! Lincoln and Morgan...what a story. These two drove me crazy, but at the same time my heart broke for them. They are both feeling guilt for what happened to Cam. There is no doubt that they are so in love with one another, but is that enough?

Morgan wants things, but Lincoln has different ideas. Are they strong enough to get through the tough times? Tragedy strikes and my heart broke for them. I was rooting for them through it all, but they had to realize what they were missing. Th
Zoe
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, heartbreaking, and highly emotional!

This is a story about relationships, guilt, blame, communication, support, forgiveness, loneliness, intimacy, and love.

The characters are impassioned, flawed and introspective. The writing is clear and fluid. And the plot is a rollercoaster ride of angst-ridden drama, self-loathing, tragedy, romance and soul-searching triggered by the violation of a loved one.

I have to admit, unlike the first novel, I did find this storyline to drag slightly at times an
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, 5-star
HP Davenport has done it again, this the story of Morgan and Lincoln, we first met them in Unspoken Words as the best friends of Cami and Jamie. I loved them both in their supporting roles, so was really happy when they got their own book.

We learn more about their relationship and how they came to be, but what we thought was a rock solid relationship is hit with uncertainty and blame when tragedy hits Cami in there club.

They stop and reassess they're future together and the path they have take
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I Loved This Book!! It was Heartbreaking and in the end Heartmending!!

Lincoln and Morgan's story was so true to life!!!! It brought out such strong emotions as I read it! Anger at Lincoln for his belief that marriage would ruin his relationship with Morgan. Just because his parents marriage ended didn't mean his and Morgan's would! Marriage is sooo much more than a piece of paper!

Sadness is what I felt over the tragic incidents that led to the rifts between Lincoln and Morgan. They should have
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Oh how I adored this story. Having not read book 1 I was worried that I may get lost at times, but I never had a problem so this can be read as a standalone. But like me, you'll probably want to go back and read it since this book was sooooo good.

This book brings out the feels, so much drama, angst, passion and a few scenes that will make things toe curling, palm sweating hot!! You'll find yourself getting lost in those pages like I did. The author has written an unforgettable story and I highly
Addicted2Books
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

Appearances can be deceiving. Unspoken Promises wasn't quite as emotional as Unspoken Words but tragedy does strike Morgan/Lincon, their love is torn apart, and you aren't quite sure if they will find their way back to eachother. Sometimes perfect love turns into perfect tragedy....

The Angst Is Real. Read My Full Review!

Addicted2books Website

Follow Addicted2books On Twitter

Like Addicted2books' FB Page

Check Out Addicted2books' Blog Art

Contact Addicted2books' by email:
sarahseyebrows@addicted2b
Renee
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Promising Stars! I am not sure where to start, but I will say that Unspoken Promises left me with mixed emotions. Since the first book, I have really enjoyed all the characters in this series, especially Morgan and Lincoln. However, I found them to be too emotionally immature, even though they are wise beyond their years in the business world. There was too much back and forth between the two of them for my liking, but that kind of stuff does happen in the real world-just not in mine. :) I a ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Love is meant to be….”Always And Forever”

UNSPOKEN PROMISES is the second book in H.P Davenport’s Unspoken Love Series. It can definitely be read as a standalone, although reading the first book, UNSPOKEN WORDS, is not to be missed. Ms Davenport drew me in from the very beginning; her characters were, once again, extremely likable and very believable. Her style of writing is so easy to read. The thought and emotions that she puts into her characters are so evident as you get deeper into the st
Kelly Fountain
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Promise is a big word. It either makes something or it breaks everything."-Unknown

Morgan and Lincoln have know each other for years. They've been a part of the same group of friends from middle school until now and they became a couple in high school. All of their firsts have been together. The love between them is deep and the heat is always scorching. After eight years together, tragedy strikes one of their friends and the amount of guilt each one of them feels cracks in their relationship. W
Annamaria
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Amazing Stars! Morgan and Lincoln have been a couple since they were sixteen years old. Their love and connection has been very strong and their relationship was the kind of relationship her friends wanted. Morgan starts to question her relationship with Lincoln when one of her friends gets engaged. Then when something tragic occurs both Lincoln and Morgan start to reassess their relationship, as well as where they are going with their lives. Will Lincoln and Morgan find a way to get back to ...more
Jamie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book recaps the story of book 1 so its easy to dive on in. Morgan and Lincoln have been friends since high school then it turned in to lover's. They have been together for 8 yrs and its been amazing. When tragedy strikes c!ose to home with their friend, they each take blame for it because it happen at their Club. This guilt begins to tear them apart. Lincoln was upfront with Morgan about how he felt on Marriage. He don't want to marry as he saw what a disaster his Mom and Dad had. But thing ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review..

I have to say after reading the 1st book I couldn't wait for this book.. Had I know the emotional roller-coaster that I would embark on I still would have loved it..

Once I picked this book up I could barely put it down.. I find myself just really enjoying this whole series!!

Lincoln and Morgan although a real roller coaster I just loved them...

I can not wait to see what comes next for this amazing author
Kelly
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished Unspoken Words and immediately had to read ahead at the reviews for Unspoken Promises. I got a mixed set of reviews and wasn't sure going in to this book how it was going to top the first one in the series. But again, H.P. Davenport did a wonderful job touching on some hard topics bringing me to tears again.
Jenny Rapp
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Always and Forever

Another amazingly written book by the talented H.P. Davenport. Jamie and Cameron's story was absolutely beautiful; my emotions were all over the place while reading but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Their group of friends are so support, the love that they show one another is so inspiring.

Thank you Heather for this well written story.
Lisa Mulvihill
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking

This book broke my heart and then put it back together. I loved the characters. Lincoln and Morgan have been together since high school, she wanted marriage and he didn't. They break up but manage to find their way back together.
Books Laid Bare
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me get this off my chest right from the very beginning, if you haven’t read the first book, Unspoken Words then I really, really suggest that you get that one under your belt before you tackle this little beauty.
The second book is absolutely intertwined with events and facts that can only be found in book one, I made the mistake and had to stop at about 18% of the way into Unspoken Promises to go back and read the first book. I was lost and beginning to doubt whether I would get to the end
Heidi
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Good friends know your stories, my best friends have lived them with me."
~ H.P. Davenport, Unspoken Promises (The Unspoken Series #2)

This is the perfect quote to start this review with. If you have read Unspoken Words, then you met Morgan Kennedy & Lincoln Gates. Unspoken Promises is their story.

I do have to stay that for as much as Unspoken Promises is a standalone, you really do need to read Unspoken Words to fully understand Morgan & Lincoln's story. It runs parallel to the events th
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Paralegal by day, romance genius by night! When she's not tending to her furry children and her handsome husband, HP DAVENPORT is seamlessly carving beautiful stories from her mind in her comfy PJs in New Jersey.
More about H.P. Davenport...

Unspoken Love (4 books)
  • Unspoken Words (The Unspoken Love Series, #1)
  • Unspoken Vows (The Unspoken Love Series, Book 3)
  • Unspoken Fears (The Unspoken Love Series, #4)