Start by marking “Les jours sucrés” as Want to Read:
Les jours sucrés

Les jours sucrés

À 25 ans, Églantine apprend le décès de son père et part pour Klervi, le village breton de son enfance. Elle y retrouve sa vie d'avant, ses souvenirs et la pâtisserie paternelle (qui est désormais la sienne), mais aussi Gaël, son amoureux de l'époque, sa tante Marronde et tous les chats du village. Surtout, elle découvre le journal intime de son père. Il y a mis tous ses ...more
144 pages
Published February 19th 2016 by Dargaud

To ask other readers questions about Les jours sucrés, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les jours sucrés

Start your review of Les jours sucrés
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Thanks #NetGalley for the copy of #DaysofSugarandSpice.
I simply couldn't enjoy this one as I was unable to get connected to the story or any of the characters. I tried and it wasn't just my cup of tea. The premise sounded so good and the cover art appealed to me so much. But I realised that the artstyle and the dialogue representation were not up to what I had expected. I just couldn't get into it.
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
”If endless jabber is what you want the world’s full of it"

cats

Firstly I have to say I LOVE THE CATS. They are the cutest, funniest most adorable part of the story… They earn this story an extra star.

I particularly liked the art style of this one; it softens the whole feel of the story. Giving it that romantic feeling it deserve in the end.
The story itself is the usual run-of-the-mill romantic comedy. Girl gets stuck in small home town and falls for her old school crush.
All-in-all an enjoyable
Emma
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Stars

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this graphic novel in exchange for an honest review.

This is the sweet story of Rose and how she becomes the owner of bakery in a small French village. I really liked how they talked about cakes and other sweet pastries, but most of all I loved the variety of themes that are dealt with in this graphic novel. Family, relationships and past all intertwine to give Rose, the main character, such a profound and meaningful backstory.
Ari
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Endearing and extremely relatable story. The artwork is sweet, enjoyable, and the ending is the wholesome and HEA one would hope for and expect—not disappointing.

ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, voluntarily read. All thoughts and opinions are mine.
♛ Garima ♛
I generally like this type of graphic books...Great graphics, earthy tones, soothing background, heartwarming storyline but for some reason I didn't fall in love with this one. Maybe it is translation thing but dialogues and storyline feel forced....At first, I thought it was just me but then while I was searching this book online, I got this review and I ended up agreeing with it. Isn't it nice when someone feels exactly what you feel about certain things and that saves you from writing the ...more
Carmen
I received a copy from Europe Comics through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Rose was raised by her mom after her dad kicked them both out of his life when she as a kid. At the ripe age of 28, she gets a call informing her that her dad has died, and she has to return to her hometown to sign some paperwork. After inheriting her dad’s bakery, she discovers his old journal and finds her love for baking and reconnects with the town she once lived in. However, that journal is missing
Lili
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely graphic novel. I couldn't get enough of the cats! The illustrations are what made the story even more lovelier. It is a simple and well known plot of a protagonist coming back to her childhood home and finds out certain things weren’t what she thought they were. But the extra touch of the cats and some unique characters made me enjoy the story. Thank you to Netgalley for this awesome copy in exchange for an honest opinion/review. This is a 4 star read for me!
Etienne
2,5/5. It was lacking something about the story and the characters to really grab me and that's too bad because from a visual point of view if was great. I liked the liberty the author/illustrator have taken to play with the canvas, no case here and the writing script style. It was original and fun to read from the perspective....
Daphnee (daphneereads)
I absolutely loved Days of Sugar and Spice by Loïc Clément! It was easy to read and the sketches were lovely. It made me want to go to a French bakery so badly! The characters were all so funny and charming. I definitely recommend this graphic novel!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy.
Cozyebooks
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fast read! A story about a girl who inherents her estranged father's bakery. The concept of the story is forgiveness and finding happiness which I really liked. I also really liked the art. It was so soothing and made me want to see more of it. The story was a sweet and fun romance and i really liked the characters even though we didn't have much time to get to know them. The parts with the cats were so cute and funny. I loved them. Overall a fun read!
I'll recommendations it to
ℳacarena
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~ARC gently provided in exchange for an honest review~

What a lovely story! And the illustrations ... so beautiful!

Rose finds out that her father has passed away and she has inherited his bakery in her childhood village. It's been 20 years since she left Klervi, so when she's finally there she can't help having mixed emotions. She was told, by her mother, that her father kicked them out of the house; therefore, Rose and her mother lived in different places through her childhood and she started
Mehsi
I received this graphic novel from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Review to come tomorrow.
Beyond Words
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and I'd like to thank them in letting me read a copy of Days of Sugar and Spice by Loïc Clément.

Since reading the description of being set in a small town in Brittany, France, and being about a bakery, I knew I wanted to read this. I loved the incorporation of recipes in this; it wasn’t step-by-step instructions, but it gave the gist of it. From drinks to soup to tarts, everything seemed
Petra
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Rose is a graphic designer in Paris who receives news her estranged father has died and left her his bakery. She returns to her childhood village on the coast of Brittany, initially determined to sell the bakery and move on with her life, but slowly finding herself drawn to the village she left long ago.

It was a bit of a shaky start, but this little book won me over in spite of me. #alanis

The pacing of the story took me a
Vaiomo
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so cute!

I kindly received a copy from Netgalley in order for an honest review so thank you for that.

I really enjoyed the story, I've always been into stories where the main character loses a relative and then proceeds to inherit a shop,farm or any other building from them. In this case it was a bakery that had been inheritted.

The main character was very relatable since she was just like us going through her usual life. I enjoyed how the characters were so easy to relate to since that
Jinghay (TheSecretNoceur)
[ I was sent a copy of this comic on Netgalley in return for an honest review.]

'Days of Sugar and Spice' follows the main character, Rose, as she returns to her childhood village, Klervi, to inherit her father's precious bakery.

I absolutely loved this comic! Not only was the artwork adorable, but the whole story and concept of a village bakery gave me such wintery/Christmas vibes that you couldn't help but feel cozy whilst reading it. It's seriously perfect for the season

I enjoyed seeing Rose
Charlotte Jones
*Disclaimer: I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Graphic novels are always quite hit-or-miss for me but I really like trying out new authors and illustrators. The cover of this one appealed to me straight away when I saw it and I just had to read it.

Rose was an interesting character that I found myself relating to quite a bit considering the minimal text describing her personality. I found that the artwork really helped with this as it was expressive
Bruna Miranda
It was a lovely story about family, relationships and accepting people and new feelings in your life. I liked how it revolved around a concept of "broken" family and relationships only to develop and show later how it's all relative (no pun intended).
I do wish there were more details and focus on the food – but that's a personal preference for books and comics that involve food. There are enough elements that support the idea of the bakery and how the MC and her father connected through it.

It
Irena
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
description

I loved the art: it has a simple style done like with watercolors, and maybe it is. It's a refreshing change in this day when graphic novels are done in modernistic way.

The story is sad, warm and realistic. It's a story about family, love, broken homes and hearts. About finding yourself in unexpected places.
I would definitely recommend reading it but I'm not giving more than 3.5 stars because it was too sweet and too simple for me.

Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this in exchange for an
Becky
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an incredibly sweet, heart-warming story about a girl who inherits her fathers bakery after he passes away, and travels back to her childhood home, delving up a past she had tried her best to forget.

The book deals with a lot of tough subjects and handles them with care. In dredging up memories of her childhood, our main character ends up on a journey of self-discovery almost. I wasn't expecting to be as touched by this as I was, but some of the reveals in the latter half really tugged
Swetha Mary ann
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dono why, but I absolutely loved this book. Such a sweet tale.
Rose has always believed that her father wanted nothing to do with her after he had kicked her and her mother out. When he passes away, she has to return to her village to sort things out. Having met her aunt, and her childhood friend, and discovering her dad's old journal with his recipes, she decides to spruce up the place, and work there, at Brav Eo bakery and patisserie than go back to Paris.
When she learns what happened in the
Ana
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a precious graphic novel! The art style is lovely and all the little animals are a perfect addition! I really enjoyed all of the characters and it was so nice to hang out in all of the settings. I think this book could have benefited from more length, another hundred pages to delve deeper into the characters and their relationships would have been great. (Also I LOVE the aunt she’s so great )
ARC received from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review
Vanessa
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, graphic-novels
Received in exchange for an honest review.

This is truly beautiful - this is a graphic novel done right. There was so much content; the characters were loveable and well fleshed out, the art was a beautiful watercolour, and the plot was deep and perfect. Will be purchasing this in a physical copy to read again as it was a well worthwhile read.
Branwen Sedai *of the Brown Ajah*
I absolutely loved this sweet graphic novel about finding yourself and understanding the things that are really important in life. Set in a small town in France, the colors and characters came bursting off the pages and into my heart.

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley. :)
Victoria
Review later
Anthony ➳ KeepReadingForward ➳
This was actually a sweet story.

RTC
DeAnne
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book from Netgalley

Going into this I thought this was going to be a cute story about a woman inheriting her father's bakery and while it was that, it was so much more. There is a ton of depth to what Rose goes through during the story and what she realizes about her past and present. It's really a story of her evolving and finding herself, as well as discovering what her place in life in and what makes her truly happy.

At first I was a little worried that the subtle
Lauren loves llamas
From the description, I was expecting a French sort of Hallmark-y graphic novel with lots of delicious baked goods. That’s not quite what this is, however.

Estranged from her father since she was eight, Rose returns to her home village in Brittany after his death twenty years later. She intends to sell the family bakery and go back to her life in Paris, but a series of mishaps lead to her missing her train and reconnecting with her Aunt Marronde and childhood friend Gael. After finding her father
Eleanor Luhar
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book!
I thought this looked like a sweet, warming tale to read this festive season, and I was right! The art style was gorgeous, and it was such an easy read. It was a nice length, too, I felt; It wasn't too long, but it was still long enough to develop the characters and story.
Rose Lemon lives in Paris but is summoned back to her childhood hometown at the news of her father's death. She hasn't seen or heard from her father in years -
Siina
Days of Sugar and Spice is a wonderful comic about the past and now with the smell of tarts and sweets! It tells the story of Rose, who inherits his dad's old bakery in Klervi, Brittany. She meets her old aunt Marronde and her childhood friend Gael and starts to remember her past in the small village that is now dying. Rose finds her dad's old journal and secrets are unveiled and not all of them are nice of course. Still, this seems to be a perfect chance to change the course of her life, but ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • Les grands espaces
  • The Awkward Yeti Presents: How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories
  • Mexico - La Muerte (Agence Interpol #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Human
  • Venezia
  • That Can Be Arranged: A Muslim Love Story
  • Everything Is Beautiful, and I'm Not Afraid: A Baopu Collection
  • Baby: A Soppy Story
  • Aster of Pan V1
  • Snoopy: First Beagle in Space (PEANUTS AMP Series Book 14): A PEANUTS Collection
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • At the End of Your Tether
  • Il fallait que je vous le dise
  • La Vraie Vie (Le Retour à la terre, #1)
  • Letters to My Younger Self