Start by marking “Alpha (Alpha Bites, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alpha (Alpha Bites, #1)

Alpha

(Alpha Bites #1)

***For my Free Starter Library, sign up for my mailing list at mandyrosko.com/contact.php (copy and paste the link into your browser)****

For this lonely alpha, searching for his mate has been his life's biggest mission. Right up there with getting revenge on the mutt who killed his father.

Published March 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha

Start your review of Alpha (Alpha Bites, #1)
Coco.V
Feb 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/12/2020)! 🎁
MyzanM
Flat characters. A heroine that was either whiny or gushed over how handsome her alpha was. An major a*^#ole for a hero.
Weak plot with lots of loose ends....why/ how did her father disappear? What was wrong with her mother? How did Garrett know it was her screaming? When did they meet the first time? How?

I guess I could read the next installment and hope for some answers, but I doubt I would get any. Besides, I really don't feel like wasting a afternoon reading this series.
Kimberly Talbot
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh. Dragged out too long.

I don't know what I was expecting here but this wasn't it. I think that it's because I read shifter books expecting certain things to happen and most of them didn't happen here. That's both good and bad. It's good because it gave me a different way of reading paranormal books bad bad for the same reason. While glad that it wasn't an insta-love shifter read, the Alpha wasn't as alpha as I wanted him to be. I get the giving her time to get adjusted to him, it seemed to me
Tanya
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Unlike many romances I've read, there wasn't smut to this one and you had to wait till the end for it. Things kept getting in the way. I liked how more than on shifter type was involved vs only wolves. The concept of more than one alpha within the pack was a liked detail too, is different. This isn't a very long book, but I did enjoy it. Thank you. =D
Linda Rea
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Miranda was struggling to make ends meet, sleeping in her car just so she could send money for her mother’s care when a monster grabs her.
Garrett has been looking everywhere for his mate so when he realized Dennis was after her he grabbed her and ran. Miranda wakes up to find life as she knows it has just changed.
Terri
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fantastic read...

Delightfully written. Dramatic and passionate. A shifter book that has lots of WTF moments. Lots of funny in each character. The sister takes it there all the time.
Rise
Ok read
Robin
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nope...
Didn’t finish. Silly book. Right from the start. Won’t read another
Susan  Burgess-Ryan
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Mandy Rosko and I have to say it was a very good book. I really liked how Mandy took a different outlook on the shifter and how they can shift. I am not going to say anything how she did this because I don’t want to give anything away about the book. Actually it would be a good reason for you to get the book and read it. The story line is excellent and the characters are all perfectly matched and work well together. Even the minor characters’ work into the s ...more
Christine
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc review For honest review. Miranda is human and Garrett is a alpha wolf there's a war with another clan that was kick out of his clan years ago and Miranda was caught up in it all he protected her. Very very good.
Maghon Thomas
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the first book I've read by this author but I absolutely loved it!! It was a great read and I of course adore werewolves so it was awesome! Oh and my second favorite thing is dragons and there's one of those too!! So we have Miranda and Garrett! This is the introduction to the pack and their story.

Miranda has been living out of her car. She waitresses and works at a store. She has no life because she needs to afford things and all her money is sent back to her mother whom is sick.
Lisa
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alpha is the start of a PNR series featuring shifters such as wolves, bears, and dragons. In this story, we’re introduced to Garret, the alpha of his pack, who has been searching for his mate. He learned of her existence when she was a child, and thought he had left her in the care of her father until she reached maturity. But his mate – Miranda – fell on hard times with her parents and has been struggling the past few years to make ends meet. When Garret does find Miranda again, she is being at ...more
Elizabeth/snoopypeach
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Miranda is homeless sleeping in her car. She's working long hours at a grocery store and as a waitress to get back on her feet. Exhausted after a long day all she wants is to curl up and sleep, being attacked by monsters was not what she expected

Garrett is the alpha of his pack of shifters. He knows Miranda is his mate, but she doesn't know anything about him or shifters. When she's attacked, any chance of easing her into his life is blown away.

This was an interesting and exciting paranormal rom
Tanja
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Miranda is living out of her car, needing every penny she earns to take care of her mother’s medical bills. One evening after lock up she’s just minding her own business when she’s surrounded by several man, when it’s clear those men don’t have the best of intentions she’s scared out of her mind. When the same men start shifting into big bad angry wolves with seemingly one purpose, to kill her, she’s more than freaked out!
Than another big bad wolf enters the scene and gets rid of the others and
Rose
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mandy Rosko is a new author for me and I have to say that I really enjoyed reading this paranormal romance, it was very well written. This review is for Alpha, the first book in the Alpha Bites Series. The author has develop a paranormal story regarding shifters, drama, danger, disputes and a lot of twist and turns but also love. This is the story of Garret Maxwell and Miranda Hart; Garret Maxwell is a billionaire shifter looking to find his mate for many years. He found her once but Miranda was ...more
Linda Levine
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
She has been struggling for years. Living in her car and working as many jobs as she can is not a good life. He has known she is mate since she was a child. He has waited and now it is time for him to act. Will he be able to convince her to be his mate and understand the life of a shifter?

Garrett and Miranda are in for a lot of changes once the truth is revealed. Miranda goes from penniless to extreme wealth. She also learns all about alphas and shifters. He has waited so long and doesn't have m
RetiredHsMom
Garret/Miranda

This was my first read by Ms. Rosko and I was not disappointed. I am intrigued by the pack dynamics and the shifting modes. If I am remembering correctly, the shifters can appear human, animal/human hybrid and full on animal/beast. I haven’t read too much else where there was the in-between human and full animal/beast. I also liked the notion of mates being scented through bloodlines.

Received a copy of the book after becoming a Patron of the author on Patreon
Barbara
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I want the rest of the books in this series and can hardly wait for the next one to be out.
Billionaire Garret Maxwell has been searching for his mate for decades. When he found her as a child,he made arrangements with her father to see that her family was cared for until she was of age, but her father never kept his end of the bargain !
Miranda a human is living out of her car,she is struggling to make enough money for her mother's medical bills , she is attacked by a group of evil werewolves ,
Diana Page
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Alpha Wolf Billionaire Garrett and living out of her car deli worker Miranda. Garrett has been searching for Miranda for decades, her father was receiving money to take care of her until she came of age , instead he took off leaving her a mountain of debt. To make matters worse, Garrett's enemies found her first and nearly killed her before Garrett caught up with them. This is a sweet and sexy read about finding your mate and not caring that they can turn into what looks lik ...more
GingerOrange
May 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Romance:2.5
Steaminess:2
Action/suspense:2
Overall:2

Hmm... Not a fan of this book. It seemed rushed.

The main characters Garrett and Miranda, they had so much potential to be awesome hero and heroines. But they fell short and they were just uninteresting. The other characters were likewise boring and unimpressive.

The plot line was rushed and boring. The villain and story behind his motive seemed weak and poorly thought through. The action was anticlimactic.

So overall, this was a big disappointment
Leslie
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Laura Furuta
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Miranda Hart is Garret Maxwell's mate. She is attacked by an old enemy and rescued by Garret and his pack. As Miranda is to find out this is no ordinary pack. She also finds herself now a shifter. This is the first book in a series. There are many surprises and secrets learned. The characters are well written and the storyline has enough mystery that you won't want to put it down. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Kimberly
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story was an edge of your seat, thrilling, shifter story. Garret is the alpha of his pack. He has waited one hundred years for his mate, and when he finds her she is in trouble.

Miranda can't seem to get a break in life, she is working several jobs and living out of her car. Now she is being attacked by a monster. When another monster rescues her.

The attraction between Miranda and Garret is electrifying, I had a hard time putting the book down so I finished in one day.
Jenn Allen
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this story of Miranda and Garret. Miranda has been working multiple jobs and giving everything she had to the care of her mother. When she is kidnapped, Garret comes to the rescue. He is the alpha of his own pack and has been searching for his fated mate for many years. There is a lot of danger and action along with the connection between Miranda and Garret. I am very interested in the stories of Dane and Jax as well!
Lisa
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved Garret. He's sexy sexy sexy. Oh and did I mention that he was sexy? Lol Okay about the book. It's a good story. The characters are intriguing, witty, fun and sexy. It's well written with a good pace and a fab-bo world description. I really liked it and wanted more of Garret once it ended. I look forward to book 2

- - Gifted ARC copy - -
L
Scrap
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

I read Alpha Bear before I read this book and just HAD to read this, OMG this is an amazing book, I love Nancy's take on werewolves, werebears and dragons, Garrett knew who his mate was for a very long time. Miranda has no idea, I won't give anything away story wise but it is full of mystery, angst, hot sexual tension and shifters LOVE it
Claud9
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of the series. And what a great way to start. I loved this story. This is about the Alpha of the pack, Garret and his soon to be mate, Miranda. You get to meet the main characters and the others that are in the pack, and the roles that play in the story. Including the bad guys. I love shifter stories and Mandy Rosko doesn't disappoint. Can't wait for the next books.
Suzan Woods
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great story, full of twist and turns looking forward to what was going to happen next. Story moved well and kept my interest. Looking forward to next book in this series. I was given this arc for my honest review but have went back and bought this book when it came out.
Denise Mcnamara
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and I was given it for an honest review. I truely loved it from the first page to the last. It is full of action and suspense and some pretty hot scenes. The pages tell a story and you feel you are right there with them. This book is a must read
Theresa
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sexy Alphas!

Enjoyable storyline. Hot and sexy alphas! Believable women. Looking forward to reading all about Alpha Bear next! Definitely recommend reading if you're into shifters.

• Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, #1)
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • Pack Run (Highlander Wolf, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (New Moon #1)
  • Knock Down Dragon Out (Soulmate Shifters in Mystery, Alaska, #1)
  • Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden, #1)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Steadfast (Eternal Brethren #1)
  • Protector (Blood Moon Rising, #2)
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Dead City (Chronicles of Deadworld #2)
  • Dead Sea (Chronicles of Deadworld #3)
  • His Wish (Make A Wish, #1)
  • Saved Kisses
  • Alpha Wolf (The Blue Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy Rosko lives as a hermit and she works in Ottawa, Ontario. Every once in a while she peels herself away from writing and Internet surfing to socialize with real people. She loves videogames, Sailor Moon, and her dog.

For Brand New Monthly PNR Romance Novellas delivered to your inbox before anyone else, along with other goodies and gifts, become an Alpha Member at h

Alpha Bites (4 books)
  • Alpha Bear (Alpha Bites, #2)
  • Alpha Dragon (Alpha Bites #3)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Bites #4)