Start by marking “The Adjustments” as Want to Read:
The Adjustments

Read Book

The Adjustments

In the postcard Connecticut town of Cannondale, financial status is followed closely by social standing. Nowhere is this battle more fiercely contested than among the housewives of Fairfield County.

Attending yoga classes at the trendy studio in town—taught by the sexy and mysterious Yogi Jack—is part of every elite woman’s routine. It allows them a daily escape from the ma
Published June 21st 2016 by Full Fathom Five Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Adjustments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adjustments

Start your review of The Adjustments
Wendy'sThoughts
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Womens Fiction
3.5 Social Climbers Need for Zen Stars
* * * 1/2

Every once in a while I pick up something that will just catch my eye and imagination. Seeing the cover then reading the blurb of The Adjustments caused me to request and dig in. It had the hint of Desperate Housewives on Materialistic Steroids being led by a Zen Yogi Pied Piper down to their eventual demise.

We are given the overall view of this from the discerning eye of Elizabeth. She and her sister were raised in this Connecticut town which coul
Jane
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Ann Lineberger for this Goodreads win.

Quite a book. It was a complete surprise to me the plot of this book. I expected yoga but the title "The Adjustments" brought a new meaning to it. Lots of interesting things in this book and loved the women of affluent Cannondale, CT, and their escapades not always dealing w/yoga and their upscale lives.
Gabi Coatsworth
I live in Connecticut and I had no idea! I might class the enjoyment of this book as a guilty pleasure, much in the way that Yogi Jack is a guilty pleasure (in more ways than one) for the self-absorbed women of a tony Connecticut town. Thank heavens it's fiction!
Stacey Sapper
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A saucy satirical story revolving around a corrupt male yoga teacher in an affluent town. There have been many male yoga teachers who have taken advantage of their students in real life, so this plot line has truth and timeliness. The writing style starts out superficial and then delves more deeply into the psyches of the women characters. I believe the author intends for her writing to mirror how we view others in our community and make assumptions, but later realize we all have more in common ...more
Cathleen Morgan
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A juicy read -- perfect for an escape from the everyday! I could not put the book down. I couldn't wait to see what happened next to the women of Cannondale. Think I might take up yoga now!!
Lucy Bradley
BookTrib.com
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You can’t buy happiness.” This old adage came to my mind again and again as I was reading Ann Lineberger’s The Adjustments (Full Fathom Five Digital), a sharp satirical novel on the upper crust of Connecticut society, flourishing in so many ways, and yet incredibly vulnerable in others.

It’s in rare circumstances that we pity those in affluent positions. As more of the emotional baggage of these wives of financially well-to-do men are unpacked, I was starkly reminded that everyone has their own
Rae
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was irritatingly pathetic. I rolled my eyes on more than once occasion. It was obvious that Jack was a con + ridiculous how quickly Abby got wrapped up with him with seemingly no moral qualms whatsoever. The author seemed to want to make a lot of commentary on various issues like sexual abuse + manipulation within yoga communities, domestic abuse, upper-class drama + more but overloaded + overdid it. There were also simple grammatical + spelling errors that were overlooked including mi ...more
Lauren Dare
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy of this book from the author via voracious readers only.
I chose this book to read as it wasn’t like anything I’ve read before. We are pulled into the lives of privileged wives in canondale as they spend their days with frivolous spending of money and yoga classes. I found some of the characters intriguing whilst others downright annoying but when jealousy starts over the yogi master Jack everyone’s lives start to implode.
Not a book I thought would interest me but was sur
Erika
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recieved a completely copy of this novel from Voracious Readers Only.
An easy and at times humorous read. Had an unexpected ending which turned out to be really good! I definitely enjoyed reading this book and would recommend!
Eva Newman
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read and kept you entertained.
Noelle Walsh
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book proved to be very interesting. I enjoyed reading it, especially the sauciness that didn't go overboard. The character development was also something I enjoyed. Definitely a book worth pickin up if you enjoy books that contain good sexcapades.

*won as a GoodReads Giveaway*
Kim
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Adjustments is a perfect-for-the-beach book that reminds us we all take our brokenness with us wherever we go, even the 1% of Fairfield County. Set in fictional Cannondale, this yoga-centric novel is a quick, enjoyable read. Ann Lineberger offers an on-point depiction of the depression and issues that accompany the 1% life including the anxiety / insecurity of lost jobs, looming layoffs and insecure employment and the isolation of parenting solo while their partners (usually husbands) naviga ...more
Lucie Paris
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I was expected to be entertained...

A horny version of "Desperate housewives" in a yoga studio.
Perfect if you like yoga but soon it becomes more about how the teacher will take care of his students sexual fantaisies.
Not really attractive or seductive, kind of pathetic, as the main character try to take advantage of the wife unhappiness.
Not really a read to escape after a long day but not a bad one either.

Lucie
Sissy BP
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although I was aware that this was described as "Desperate Housewives meets 50 Shades of Gray" it was less explicit than I was expecting and did not go into very much detail during the "sexcapades" and for that, personally, I'm glad.

I really liked most of the characters and enjoyed learning about their backgrounds and motivations.
Brooke Kalter
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
What a wonderful read , such a fun book, read it
Amy Palma
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unexpected from Ann Lineberger!
Chris
Annie
Jul 01, 2017
Jacky Panagiotopoulos
Jun 21, 2016

• Dragon Rebel (Rebel Dragons Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Resisting (Men of Inked, #2.5)
  • Nate
  • Disillusioned (Swept Away, #2)
  • Double Bears
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
  • Twisted Marriage
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Scandalous Passions
  • Owned by Fate (Serve, #1)
  • Planting His Seed
  • Fearless (Black Brothers Trilogy, #1)
  • Under Locke
  • Careful Measurements
  • 22 Scars
  • Ryder (The Lost Breed MC #1)
  • Bad for Her (Bad Boys Gone Good, #1)
  • Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)