Start by marking “Exotic Neurotic” as Want to Read:
Exotic Neurotic

Exotic Neurotic

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
SYNOPSIS Exotic Neurotic is a book of poetry which involves subject matter such as depression, imbalance within one's personal self, angst, frustration, youthfulness, antisocial behavior, and violence. In addition, many of Exotic Neurotic's thematic properties also pertain to love, illness, death, human anatomy, physical deformities, elimination, birth, and abortion.
Published February 24th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Exotic Neurotic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exotic Neurotic

Dane Cobain
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: While I aim to be unbiased, I received a copy of this for free to review.

Unfortunately, I didn’t think much of this book – it was cliche and had a weird layout, and it read like a teenager’s angsty emo poems about how much they hate life and other people. I don’t have a problem with that when it’s done well, but it’s hard to get it right and I don’t think the author succeeded. I wouldn’t say it’s worth buying this; it’s half worth reading it for free.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Sep 30, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 21th-century, poetry
Exotic Neurotic, Kenneth Jarrett Singleton
Evers☯n
May 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
***** Just An Opinion!
I decided not to purchase a copy of this book because there is no available E-Book on Amazon. On top of this, there is something very fishy with this book. There are all of two 5 star reviews on Amazon, and here on Goodreads there are no less than seventy-seven. And that does not include the numerous three and four star reviews. Yes, there are a couple of one star reviews as well, but this whole thing looks rather doctored to me. Sorry, but I just don't believe the hype.
Terry Fox
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I decided to check out some modern poetry and a friend told me about, Exotic Neurotic. This a book of high aesthetic value. I like the visuals of the things described in it. Some parts of the poems or certain poems are more extreme than other ones when it comes to subject matter and language use. The poetry within the book will take you on an up and down journey. Overall this is a book worth reading and I really enjoyed it.
Rosamie Bautista
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This work of modernist literature is penetrative. It's raw and original. Graceful, yet chaotic. I find a lot of the subject matter highly relatable. I think most people would, at least to a degree. Poetically, I love the creative themes of the poems, intellectual repertoire, rhymes, arrangements, and rhythmic patterns.
Tamira
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Singleton's poetry is scintillating. I enjoyed the vivid imagery and emotions that each poem evoked within me. The book's overall thematic angle; I feel, is best described as tenebrous and rebellious.
Matthew
Jan 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Spam marketing on goodreads. Pathetic.
Anna
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is refreshingly honest. It's full of sincerity while describing the highs or lows of life.
Alex
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very Enjoyable
Teresa Rossi
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reaches into the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of one's life. It is Impossible to remain unmoved by the poems within this book.
John H.
Jun 01, 2018
Keith
Nov 16, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 1 17 May 09, 2016 11:33AM
Kenneth Jarrett Singleton is a thirty-two-year-old poet, playwright, and author. Prior to, "Exotic Neurotic," he had three of his books published. His first book was a science-fiction/horror novel called, "The Cadaver Factory." It was published in (2004) when Singleton was twenty years of age. His second novel, "The Donner Society," was published in (2005) the same year as his first play, "Angelic ...more