Start by marking “Baby Steps (Yeah, Baby #2)” as Want to Read:
Baby Steps (Yeah, Baby #2)

Baby Steps

(Yeah, Baby #2)

Guy Rule #2: No sleeping with your step-sister

Lucas St. James is accustomed to women wanting something from him. They tend to see his good looks and fat bank account but never the man underneath. After a passionate weekend with Jade Jones, he assumes she’s no different and cuts her loose. But he’s in for the shock of his life when he sees her again at his dad’s lawyer’s of
Published March 11th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Baby Steps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Steps

Start your review of Baby Steps (Yeah, Baby #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Baby Steps is book two in the Yeah, Baby series by Fiona Davenport.

Lucas St. James is rich. But he has worked hard to succeed in his father’s company. Nothing was handed to him. Lucas is used to women coming on to him because they wanted him for his money. So he didn’t trust that any woman wanted him for just him.

“When you have money, it’s easy to become jaded and assume every woman is either after your fortune or what you can do for them in bed, until they prove otherwise.”

Six weeks ago, at
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Can't...stop...so...addicting. ...more
Coco.V
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a short but oh so sweet and hot story! As its predecessor, this second installment captivated my attention right from the start and held on tight until the very end. It was a very enjoyable read that had me smiling and blushing the whole way through!
Sophia Triad
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really like books that include

"angry" type of sex or

"I hate you-I loathe you-because-you are-the daughter of a gold digger-and-you may be a gold digger as well-but I want you like crazy - so I am gonna have sex with you-on the desk of my father's lawyer -after he reads my father's will to us-because I wanna show you-who is the boss" type of sex or

"I don't understand-why you hate me so much-but yes I will have sex with you-on the desk of my stepfather's lawyer -after he reads my stepfather's w
Deserie williams
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
May Contain Spoilers!

This was just ok. Hero was an ass in the beginning. I didnt like him at first. after a bit I liked him more. heroine was ok. I wanted her to stand up more to him, which she did or tried to but it wasnt enough to me. Hero had his sweet moments. it was I hated him and then I didn't.lol anyway epilogue was cute:) if next book is safe for me I'll give it a shot:)

safety:neither were virgins. she had little experience. I believe he was with alot of women but it's not mentioned muc
Maria...
3 smut stars

This was a short smut story with insta love and a lot of hot scenes!
It was a nice reading...

Bookloverme
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful read! Though I liked the first book better, I still liked this one. It's just that, Lucas pissed me off a time or two. But it didn't stop me from enjoying this book.

The story is about Lucas, 28 (not sure) and Jade, 22.

They're step-siblings. She didn't even know her mom, who died in a car accident got married the day before it happened.

Lucas and Jade had a weekend fling six weeks before the story started. Because of a misunderstanding, it didn't end well. He said mean things to
Hana ♡
Not bad...I liked this more than I thought I would, because initially the description kinda turned me off from the plot. But it was pretty good. I do love a good hate passion filled relationship turned to love.

I just really felt the intense steam between the two characters. Despite how much Lucas wanted to hate Jade, he just couldn't control his lust for her. It was pretty smokin'.

And he was so protective of her I loved it. Super cute epilogue! Can't wait to see whats next :)
Ari Reavis
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku-i-ve-read
You start off with the hero and heroine finding out they're step- siblings. Awkward, especially since they've already knocked boots and Jade is pregnant with his baby. Lucas thought Jade only wanted him for his name and money and was pretty nasty to her at first, but he pulled his head out of his butt eventually. Sex scenes were hot. Epilogue was super cute. ...more
Cheesecake
I read this a week ago and have already forgotten it.
Boring, predictably formulaic, but good as an amuse-bouche between other books.

Luke is the king of assumption jumpers and Jade is used to people judging her by her looks.
If she looks like a beautiful big boobed gold digger, then she must be one right?
And her mother is one...
Who married his father, one day before they both died in a crash.

It sounds like the making of an angst fest.
But it was actually pretty smooth sailing, and she does talk bac
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Cheesy smiling over here. So cute but the others were better. I haven't read book 3 yet so maybe I should just say the others I have currently read were better than this. Still I love books like these and always end them smiling. ...more
Mizz Latte

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Jade): 4/5
Hero (Lucas): 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: the hero said sorry!! – the actual words, not just a ‘wince’ or a grunt, he said “I’m sorry” – that’s so rare in alpha-male romances and I am so happy…

Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: none

Average score: 4.5/5 – extra half point for the apology alone!

Best Lines: H: “When you have money, it’s easy to become jaded (pun intended) and assume every woman is either after your fort
Victoria
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it

3.25 RATING- just okay for me. I didn't like this one as much as the first book in the series. (I actually just finished reading book three and that is my favorite by far!). Still, a fun guilty pleasure series that I'm glad I stumbled on to.

Note: At the time this review was posted, this book was available to borrow through Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program.

To see other books available to borrow through Kindle Unlimited or SCRIBD, check out the Subscription Addiction group

Carmen Rae
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok so this book is one of those what you see is what you get and it was exactly what I needed.

Check out my reviews here
Michelle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Lucas and Jade have a one-weekend-stand that ends abruptly when Lucas is certain she was just using sex to get what she wants. She never expected to see him again, but when she learns her mother was married just before a deadly accident, she has no idea that the once-lover is the new step-brother.

This was all insta-love, steam and such. It was good – a decent story – heavy on the heat. And it for sure filled the need I had for something quick and dirty.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I struggled with rating this as 3 stars. I love Fiona's OTT Alpha's but I didn't enjoy how badly Lucas treated Jade in the beginning. This book was really short so the first half was wasted by Lucas's prejudice. Part of the appeal of an OTT Alpha is how they are usually over protective of their women and it was a bit too late when Lucas finally treated Jade better. ...more
♡Tonya♡
I have to agree with some reviewers that the H was a jerk who didn't do a whole lot to redeem himself. In the end, he straightened up but initially i wanted ro junk punch him. That being said, it was all of my faves...hot alpha, no cheating, no love triangles and a HEA. ...more
Mitch C.
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rant-and-rave
What an asshole H and wimpy h.

He kept on accusing h of being a gold digger. He forced himself on her in the attorney’s office. He was mean to her half the time. And he wants to hide their relationship because it’s frowned upon to the conservative Board of Directors and could ruin his reputation.

Who’s gold digger now, asswipe?

h, on the other hand, no backbone. She didn’t do or say anything when he forced himself on her. She even moved in the house she inherited from H’s dad pronto. And she’s so a
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Reread, 3*

H/h meet at his art gallery, insta lust and they spend a weekend together, at the end he finds out she's an artist trying to set a show at his gallery. He accuses her of some hurtful things and storms out.weeks later they're summoned and find out they're now step siblings......yada yada yada, baby, marriage, more babies,hea.

Short,sweet and a bit smutty..... I liked it for the most part though I did want to smack the H in his mouth for some of his bs

The dirty talk in this series for som
MrsJoseph *grouchy*

1.5 stars rounded down to 1 star!

This one I did not enjoy.

Baby Steps stars a couple who meet and have sex BEFORE learning they are step-siblings. The only catch is that their parents died before they were introduced but after the [parents] married. The hero thinks the heroine is a gold digger and says and does some nasty stuff to her. Most of this happening in the prologue and blurb, of course. Which annoyed the shit out of me since the story starts with a t
Fabiola Chenet
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this one but wanted to shake the heroine sometimes. I would have liked that the hero suffers more lol
Stefanie
I’m totally enjoying these books today
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by author for an honest review.

4 Stars

Lucas St. James was used to women wanting to get close to him for his money and he thought Jade Jones was no different. I mean that name alone, she had to be a stripper... Right? And when Lucas finds out that Jade's mother was the woman his father married the day before they were killed in a car accident, this just reaffirms his opinion of her.

That is until he realizes the kind of person Jade is. She's an artist who is used to taking care of
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h:
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc Ending: (view spoiler)
Jos
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Loved Jade and quickly warmed up to Lucas, lol. I guess what disappointed me with the story is that they only happened upon each other agin by accident/coincidence so that was disappointing. If they hadn't had their parents issue in common...would they have ever met up, would Lucas have known about his baby......

Loved the Epilogue. You cannot go wrong with a Fiona Davenport read regardless. They are fast paced, sexy, HOT and just a great fun and flirty read with some panty melting sex
Lori
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jami
Baby Steps

At the beginning of this book, I wanted to throat punch Lucas. Yes, the situation looked bad, but don’t be a jerk and listen to her side. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Then I was mad at Jade because she caved to easy 🤦🏽‍♀️ Yes, you melt when he touches you, but come on girl, stand up for yourself. No one should want to be a dirty little secret. That’s why I loved the ultimatum to make him finally grow some balls. 😁 Loved the ending and of course the epilogue.

-safe read
-no real talk about either history
-no om
Yesenia Gonzalez
Possessive billionaire

Really liked the story, the insta love is great because it gets to the point. The step sister relationship was the twist but I'm the end it turned out great. Next book is Bailey's brother jack story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cuffed For Love
  • Taming His Bride (Blushing Brides, #4)
  • Stealing His Bride (Blushing Brides, #3)
  • Priceless
  • Knocking Up His Bride (Blushing Brides, #1)
  • Smooth Kisses
  • Captured
  • Captured for Love
  • A Serving of Forever (Lights Camera Insta-love Book 3)
  • Built for Love
  • Love on the Line
  • Christmas Chemistry
  • Professor Maxwell (Love at First Sight #1)
  • Dancer
  • Stone (Obsessed Alpha #1)
  • Oh Snowy Night
  • Wicked Brat
  • Saved Kisses

Yeah, Baby (9 books)
  • Baby, You're Mine (Yeah, Baby,  #1)
  • Baby, Don't Go (Yeah, Baby, #3)
  • Dance With Me, Baby (Yeah, Baby, #4)
  • I'm Yours, Baby (Yeah, Baby, #5)
  • Brief Me, Baby (Yeah, Baby #6)
  • Play With Me, Baby (Yeah Baby, #7)
  • Safe With me, Baby (Yeah, Baby)
  • Devour Me, Baby (A Yeah, Baby Novella)