Start by marking “The Apocalypse Guard (Apocalypse Guard, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Apocalypse Guard (Apocalypse Guard, #1)

The Apocalypse Guard

(Apocalypse Guard #1)

Over a decade ago, people started manifesting strange, incredible powers. One side effect of this was an awareness of alternate dimensions—some of these powers could reach into other realities, other versions of Earth. Though infinite dimensions are present, most of these are unstable, existing only as vague possibilities.

A few of these worlds, however, are stable. These r
Published by Delacorte

To ask other readers questions about The Apocalypse Guard, please sign up.
Conor O'Neill The *last* book in the Stormlight? Oh no... you don't get away with it that easy. There are seven books left. Enjoy the ride. Journey before Destinati…moreThe *last* book in the Stormlight? Oh no... you don't get away with it that easy. There are seven books left. Enjoy the ride. Journey before Destination, you know... :P(less)
Timelord Iain Yes... eventually... that's the answer to almost everything Sanderson is working on... he didn't feel the book worked when he finished the first draft…moreYes... eventually... that's the answer to almost everything Sanderson is working on... he didn't feel the book worked when he finished the first draft, so he put it aside to percolate for awhile and wrote Skyward instead... THAT book is coming out in November, and is the beginning of a different sci-fi trilogy, I think, so it could be awhile before he has room to write this YA trilogy, in between his Cosmere writing schedule... I think he needs to write the last Mistborn Era 2 book next year and another YA book before gearing up for Stormlight Archive #4, which will take 18+ months to write...(less)

Start your review of The Apocalypse Guard (Apocalypse Guard, #1)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
3/3/16 - LOOKIT:

3/2/16:

Oh, look at that. We only have to wait until TWENTY EIGHTEEN to maybe get some Calamity answers. And YET . . . I'm so excited that I'm (obstinately) sitting on my grabby hands.

ONLY YOU, SANDERSON. *shakes fist*

Once again, I nothing to say to you beyond:

Robin (Bridge Four)
Mar 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
I had no idea how to rate Calamity so I rated it π seemed like the right thing to do.

BUT THIS....this could answer all the questions I had at the end of Calamity and I totally can't wait to read this.

description

Well played Mr. Sanderson....well played.
Elizabeth Sagan
Jun 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
I JUST FOUND OUT THIS THING EXISTS.
WELL NOT YET.
ACTUALLY IT DOES EXIST.
BUT APPARENTLY SANDERSON DOESN'T THINK IT'S GOOD ENOUGH. WHICH IS OK, I APPRECIATE IT, I WANT TO READ SOMETHING THAT HE IS SATISFIED WITH.
BUT OH MY GOD.
OH MY GOD.
OH MY GOD I WANT IT.
I WANT IT NOW OMG OMG OMG.
I'M GOING TO CRY.
I WILL CRY.
OMG THANK YOU SOME MUCH!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FRACKING
FRACK
Alexa
Mar 01, 2016 marked it as waiting
I wanted this so much I can't believe it is actually happening!!!

Mike
Shelves: superheroes
Can't say I expected this series to ever exist. Should be interesting to see how, if at all, this new series will overlap with the Reckoners series. Also, it looks like these series protagonist is female so that should be an interesting departure from David. ...more
Ľuboš
Mar 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: sanderson
NOVÁ SÉRIA OD SANDERSONAAAAA :D ALE AŽ V ROKU 2018 xD
Diane
Mar 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
I was underwhelmed by the questions left unanswered by the end of Calamity. But this, this could hold all the answers!

And not to mention more Sanderson? YES PLEASE!
Kogiopsis
Mar 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Calamity spoilers! Thanks to some fine folks in Seattle, we know who the protagonist of this will be: (view spoiler)

Also, someone tell Brandon to take a nap now and then, maybe go to his kids' school play or something... seriously, this is getting ridiculous. If he didn't write like a damn hurricane I'd be despairing over yet another project, but as it is I'm just afraid of burnout.
Kassandra
Mar 19, 2016 marked it as to-read
So this will sort of be what the Wax & Wayne series is to Mistborn, just Reckoners style???? I AM ACTUALLY HYPERVENTILATING, SIGN ME THE DIDGERIDOOING UP

description

a blade-wielding female lead with a killer outfit!!!
FREAKING THOR 2.0 ??? (also can i just say his cape looks just like a Mistcloak ooOooh oOH WAIT WHAT IF ONE OF THE ALTERNATE UNIVERSES IS THE COSMERE I AM DYING)
a bazooka wielding cowboy(or girl)!!
some wicked sweet eyes??!!
a flaming Iron Giant????

I'M SO EXCITED, I'M LIKE A RUBBER DUCKY A
Brittany S.
OMG. Is this for real?? I neeeeeed it!
Mel Anie
Nov 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
Why someone rates the book which doesn't even have eARC published yet? ...more
Morgan Blanch
Nov 14, 2017 marked it as anticipated-releases
So Brandon has just announced in his newsletter that The Apocalypse Guard has actually been pulled from publication for the time being. This isn't the publishers fault - it's actually a decision made by Brandon personally because he just wasn't happy with the final outcome. Here's a little snippet of the newsletter to explain:
"The worldbuilding, now that the book is done, feels clunky. The character (who is very inactive at the beginning of the book, and has an arc dealing with that) just com
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Mar 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
APPARENTLY THIS IS THE BOOK THAT WILL GIVE ME ANSWERS???? WHY AM I JUST FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS????? BRANDON SANDERSON YOU BASTARD STOP DOING THIS TO ME!! EVEN OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOOKS YOU SURPRISE ME WITH COOL THINGS THAT I HAVE TO WAIT YEARS FOR. 2018???? I NEED ANSWERS NOWWW *breaks down into tears*
Chris Evans
Mar 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
Man, I was asking for exactly this in my review of Calamity. Love it! I do hope he has some cameos from the Reckoners.
Aadivah
Jul 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
I just heard about this and I need it like now. Just take my money and get it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope David makes an appearance in this even though it's not a sequel.

And that plot, omg. Megan has to be in it right? Right??????
Faye Rix
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve read your book. That’s the great thing about an amazing novel, you can read it over and over and get something new out of it. ... If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy@novelstar.top or joye@novelstar.top
Alyssa
Aug 11, 2016 marked it as to-read
I need and want this in my life! I guess it's somehow related to his Reckoners trilogy which I need to read. And the Mistborn trilogy too. I know, I still haven't read a Brandon Sanderson book. I'm ashamed, but will rectify it! ...more
Manuel
Oct 23, 2018
Gary
Jan 07, 2017
Francisco Alvarez Lora
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2018
Ray Frum
Jan 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Emperor's Sword
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • The Women's War (Women's War, #1)
  • Bone Dungeon (Elemental Dungeon #1)
  • Reawakening (Kurtherian Gambit: The Rise of Magic #2)
  • Life Inside My Mind: 31 Authors Share Their Personal Struggles
  • Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1)
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Fires of Invention (Mysteries of Cove, #1)
  • Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)
  • The Mandibles: A Family, 2029–2047
  • Legion versus Phalanx
  • The Forbidden Stars
  • For the Killing of Kings (The Ring-Sworn Trilogy #1)
  • Mazes of Power (The Broken Trust, #1)
  • The Tiffin
  • Zero G (The Zero Chronicles, #1)
  • A Time to Build: From Family and Community to Congress and the Campus, How Recommitting to Our Institutions Can Revive the American Dream
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S