Start by marking “Frog in Love” as Want to Read:
Frog in Love

Frog in Love

(Kikker)

"Hello Frog," said Piglet. "You don't look very well. What's the matter with you?"
"I don't know," said Frog. "I feel like laughing and crying at the same time. And there's something going thump-thump inside me, here."

It's not easy to be in love-but it's easy to be
in love with Frog!

Frog is worried because his heart is beating too fast-could he be in love? But who is he in
Published January 1st 2005 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Frog in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog in Love

Angela
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet book that I came across on SBT2. I wanted to review it because I think it is gorgeous! This book is written by a Dutch author and tells the story of Frog who has a funny feeling inside; his heart is beating faster than normal and he cant understand whats wrong with him. He talks to his friends and Hare diagnoses him as being in love! But who could he be in love with? Well it turns out he is in love with Duck. But when he tries to tell Duck how he feels he gets tongue tied ...more
Konstantina
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dear little frog, you are so timid and kind,
and that's why you are so adorable :)
Abigail
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Children Who Enjoy Engaging Animal Stories
Originally published in the Netherlands as Kiker is verliefd, this charming picture-book is the first in Dutch author/artist Max Velthuijs' acclaimed Frog series, and follows its eponymous ranine hero as he discovers the pleasure and pain of love. Feeling rather odd, and distinctly uncomfortable, Frog isn't sure just what the trouble is, until his friend Hare diagnoses the problem: he's in love! After the first euphoria of this discovery, Frog sets out to discover just who he is love with, and, ...more
Beatriz Rosales
Un sapo verde y saltarin se siente diferente, visita al señor Liebre el cual le revela que esta "enamorado", pero de quién? , Sapo descubre que está enamorado de una muy blanca y diligente patita. El amor no conoce fronteras.
Meilina
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Just got this from my friend. He actually wanted to give this book to my sons..but he did not realize nor notice its title before buying it during a bookfair in Amsterdam :)
'Frog in Love' yes, a green creature that got heartbeat speeded up and hot and cold turns..according to a hare, it means that the frog is in love!

"The frog is in love with the pretty, nice lovely white duck!"..Love knows no boundaries!

And..... I think I won't read the story to my sons at this time being :)
juan carlos
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una hermosa historia donde el autor nos ayuda a entender esos pasos que todos tuvimos al entrar en ese sentimiento del enamoramiento, los detalles, los cambios de ánimo, las sonrisas absurdas cuando estas con esa persona que te gusta y quieres. Acompañado de bellas ilustraciones, este libro nos demuestra que el amor rompe fronteras y estereotipos.
Alexandra
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pero ¡Que bonita historia! Esto me hace recordar que lo importante es amar, sin importar que tipo de amor es, lo esencial es entregarse mutuamente y experimentar el sentimiento mas bonito de la vía
¡Qué viva el amor!
Nicole
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Kikker is verliefd

Dit boek is zo schattig! Kikker is voor het eerst verliefd! Super boek om met peuters te lezen! Dit is een van de leukste boeken over Kikker.
Sandy
Alle Kikker-boeken die we gelezen hebben zijn warm ontvangen!
Rosanne
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een verhalend, literair prentenboek. Het verhaal sluit aan op de belevingswereld van kinderen (verliefd zijn).
Vanaf ca. 4 jaar.

"Liefde is niet makkelijk... maar van Kikker houden wij allemaal!"

Bekroond met een Zilveren Griffel en Vlag en Wimpel.
Rachel
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the book Frog In Love, Frog finds his heart beating faster and faster. He told Rabbit, so Rabbit pulled out a book and read that when your heart starts beating faster and faster like that, it means you are in love. Frog knew he was in love with the white Duck. He tried to break a world record of jumping the highest so that he could get her attention, and sure enough, he did get her attention. This is a great book with a great plot. The characters help the story line move along at a good pace. ...more
Raegan Young
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, t-l-307, romance
Ana Ávila
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"El amor no conoce fronteras"
Hace mucho que no leía un libro infantil y me la pase buscando este libro por toda mi casa porque recordaba que lo tenia.
Hermoso libro y hermosa historia sobre un sapo que no sabe que tiene hasta que descubre que esta enamorado de una pata que según los otros animales no puede amar, pero sapo nos enseña que para el amor no hay fronteras.
Hermosos mensajes se encuentran en hermosos libros infantiles, esa es la lección de hoy.
Shallowreader VaVeros
A lovely picture book romance. Frog discovers he is in love but can't get the attention of Duck. His heroics don't work but when he falls she takes care of him. Funny, heart felt and lovely. The only distraction from the book was the very last line which was made it explicitly a moral tale (the book would have worked without it). But it was so delightful that I can overlook this.
Greg Gormley
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this is a wonderful book, touching and profound, which is an incredibly difficult thing to achieve with the restraints of the picture book format. The illustration style isn't precious, which only makes it more appealing. Frog is such a pure soul.
Jen
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Frog's heart is just a pounding and he just doesn't feel well, but he doesn't know what is wrong. Turns out that he's in love...with a duck. Everyone says it will never work as Frog is green and Duck is white. Sweet story for Valetine's Day.
ABC
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
An inter-species, interracial relationship: Green frog falls in love with white duck.
Veronica Molina
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Precioso, súper tierno y con un mensaje muy lindo
Mariajose
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lo encontre increible notable para enamorar a cualquiera
pa'tí m
"el amor no conoce fronteras"
:D
Liselotte Roggeband
Kikker is Verliefd is zo'n lief boekje, het laat zien dat liefde meer is dan wat de meeste mensen ervan zeggen. Ontzettend schattig en heel erg lief! :)
Erin
May 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A simple, sweet - if slightly contrived - story of interspecies love.
Tiffany Conner
Mar 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indispensable
I loved this book. It's about love across boundaries. And it's just cute.
Patricia
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"El amor no conoce fronteras." Best line of this very charming book about love! I read the Spanish edition to my students, and it was pretty well received. I'll definitely use it again.
Linda
First book in the Frog series.
Agris Fakingsons
Jul 01, 2015
Ingrid
Nov 06, 2008
Elizabeth García
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ideal para hablar de los sentimientos de afecto y amor con los niños.

• De tuinen van Dorr
  • The Highway Rat
  • The Big Elephant in the Room
  • Don't Worry, Douglas!
  • I Need A Hug
  • Journal infime (Lou!, #1)
  • All in One Piece
Max Velthuijs (1923–2005) was a Dutch painter, illustrator and writer, one of the most famous children's illustrators in the Netherlands. In 2004 he received the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for his "lasting contribution to children's literature".

Velthuijs was born in The Hague on 22 May 1923. During World War II, he sometimes assisted Jan Gregoor in forging stamps for the Dutch resistance in ide

Kikker (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Frog and the Birdsong