Start by marking “Godeater: The Second World” as Want to Read:
Godeater: The Second World

Godeater: The Second World

Strange things happen in the dark.

In a world void of divinity, there is little to believe in. The gods and heroes of mythology have all disappeared, their stories lost to the ages. So few know the truth…

Naika Connors leads a quiet, normal life—at least, as quiet and normal as a welder and shape-shifting girl can. Naika was born with The Call—a primal instinct that causes h
Published February 29th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Godeater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Godeater

Start your review of Godeater: The Second World
Sonal Panse
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Godeater: The Second World' is a fantasy adventure featuring a young shape-changing girl, Naika, and her friends, Noah, Sirus, Chier, and a host of Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian Gods. An unusual occurrence - the sun disappears, enveloping the world in darkness - leads Naika and her friends to the horrific discovery that the gods are under attack by a monster called the Godeater, and the world is in danger, and if the coming devastation is to be averted, they - as godly reincarnations - must ...more
Stevie Causey
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The premise of the story really excited me! I think the author had a great concept to start with.
It is obvious that the author is capable of setting a scene with vivid, believable detail, but she's using that energy in the wrong places.
Objects and environments are described in beautiful detail, but the intricacies of the world the characters live in are thrown at the reader without enough build up which takes away from the potential excitement. Often these two things would happen back to back.
I
Caroline Walker
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Real Rating: 3.5 stars (I gave an extra .5 for the cover because its awesome.)

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE:
If your sick of the cliche Young Adult books then you should definitely pick this one up. It has a strong female protagonist who doesn't need a man to help her, but it also has 2 males in this book that keep it from being to girly. This book is definitely more on the side of dramatic and suspenseful.

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOTH
Coral Walker
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
My first reaction to the idea of were-polar-bear was “Oh, no.” For me, a polar-bear was too cute to be taken seriously. Well It turned out just fine, perhaps because of the sober, gritty tone, and I took in the big, cuddly, girl-turned polar bear and believed in it as much as I would a werewolf.
The plot was convincing enough and the story is mostly shown, not told, which was good. The problem I had was its lack of tension and momen
Melody
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Release review to let everyone know the page is live and the book is out!

It was both exhilarating and daunting to push this little wordbird out into the world. For nearly three years, I've kept this story close to my chest, watching it evolve and grow long after I wrote "The End." Even in the weeks leading up to its release, I poured over the words again and again, finding little things I wanted to change, or things I really loved. A story full of magic, mythology, hope, despair... my first big
Ica Iova
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Naika Connors is a shape-shifting girl who transforms into a polar bear when in distress.
When Earth is robbed of all sunlight, Naika teams up with her friend, Noah Humphreys, and another boy, Sirus Vick, to find the cause as their town is devastated by mythological creatures.

This was quite an interesting and unique concept. I would have probably enjoyed the book more with a lesser number of characters and events. It would have made room for character development and more show vs tell.
Marissa Hall
Aug 20, 2017
Annette
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Reading Godeater, it’s obvious that Melody Klink is a gifted and upcoming writer. I loved the concept of the polar bear shape shifter. The fantastical journey of three friends, each equipped with a special power, and the host of gods and fantastical beings make for a busy story. Sometimes twists seem a little surprising and not always believable, rooms appearing out of nowhere, secret messages from Naika’s mother. I felt lost when this happened.

But then this is fantasy on a large scale with sup
Samantha
Tony Schmidt
Pam
Heather-Lea
Mar 16, 2016
While pretending to be a human, Melody Klink likes to write down words. Lots and lots of them. All to gain the admiration and trust of the human masses.

Wait. I mean… Melody Klink is a lovable little scamp with a sweet tooth for all things coffee. When she's not collecting superstitions about the American South, she can be found scribbling out stories on just about anything, which explains her odd

News & Interviews