Start by marking “Empires and Kings (Mafia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Empires and Kings (Mafia, #1)

Empires and Kings

(Mafia #1)

I was known as the traitor's daughter.
When I was five years old, my father was tortured, branded with the letter 'Z', then beaten and left for dead. The grueling punishment for his crime was a reminder to all others who dared threaten the Russian's reign.

Published January 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Empires and Kings, please sign up.
A.C. Bextor Hi! This is book one of three book series. The story ends with this couple then moves on to another, but storyline is the same. There will be three…moreHi! This is book one of three book series. The story ends with this couple then moves on to another, but storyline is the same. There will be three books in the series. :)

Happy Reading,

Carrie (AC)(less)
A.C. Bextor Hi! There will be a total of three books in the series. The next is Saints and Savages (fingers crossed it's due out end of April/early May) The…moreHi! There will be a total of three books in the series. The next is Saints and Savages (fingers crossed it's due out end of April/early May) The series will have the same underlying storyline but from different family perspective. Liam Dawson will lead readers through the next segment. (Hope this makes sense, I'm not so good at explaining since it's an entire storyline but so many characters). Thank you for your interest and thank you for asking!

Carrie (AC)(less)

Candace
If you like Mafia-themed romances, then you'll probably enjoy this one. It was one of the recommendations that popped up when browsing Kindle Unlimited, based upon my Amazon purchase history. In the past, I've not had much luck with the computer-generated "recommendations". However, this time the computer finally got it right!

'Empires and Kings' is the first book in A. C. Bextor's 'A Mafia Series'. Right from the start, I was captivated by this story. The circumstances of these characters' lives
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

Klara was just five years old when she witnessed her father being labeled a traitor and murdered by a man named Vlad. Brought into his house to be raised as a reminder of his first kill, Klara has always been fascinated by the man she calls "V".

Fifteen years have passed and Klara is now a beautiful 21-year-old woman. Her feisty spirit and regular disobedience have Vlad paying more than a little attention to her. Giving into his attraction for Klara is not something Vlad can allow himself to do.
Elfina Renee
 photo Reapers Fire 7.gif
Another mafia extraordinaire, five bullet casing stars. A.C. Bextor brings heart stopping action, phenomenal romance and the addiction to keep reading.

Couldn’t set this book down for a minute. When I tried, I was thinking of the storyline, imagining what was gonna happen next, before you knew it the book was back in hand and the pages were quickly turning.
 photo Wednesday 2.jpg
I have a love hate thing going on with Vlad. Would classify him as asshole extreme! Unapologetic, arrogant and spine chillingly dangerou
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon

Empires and Kings was my first book by A.C Bextor and I can say with full certainty that it won't be my last. In the beginning I was wishing for a little more darkness, and then near the half-way mark it was like this author heard my wishes and gave me all the darkness that she could. I loved the twists she took with the plot and how there was no holding back who got hurt or how. It's these kinds of books that I love because of their unpredictability.

I honestly can't even pin
Snow
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 "Empires, yes BUT only one King can prevail"

Fuckin BRILLIANT!

Vlad Zalesky
A leader of a Russian mob in Chicago, a tyrant, a tormentor, cruel ruler, a monster, a punisher...

Klara Koslief
a collateral, a daughter of a traitor, a witness of her father's demise from Vlad's hands, the same hands that kept her in place, under his roof for 15 years, until her very presence became noticed...

As she became accustomed to the life under Vlad's wing, the man under the cruel, monsterous feature and act
Denisa
Feb 07, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF. Not my style.

All I can say is that the writing seemed pretty good and it's worth trying out, if the blurb seems interesting.
You can always DNF, right?
Erin
Jan 23, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017, did-not-finish
DNF - not rating.

This was unsafe and I couldn't get over it. Safety explanation: (view spoiler)
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I did not realize this ends on a cliffy!** I hate when I don't notice these things and I get to the end and start thinking "oh crap, it's a series!". It's all on me though. I enjoyed it. It did take a little while to get into it, but it might have just been me being anxious to see them get together. Because of the cliffy, we have a lot of unanswered questions that I wish were answered -- but it is what it is ;). I think I'll probably be looking for the next in the seri
Kira
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia, romance

I wasn't feeling the chemistry with Vlad and Klara. Aside from that there were a few reasons their relationship was messed up. Vlad had her father killed when she was 5. Klara walked in on it, so she knew it happened. He didn't raise her himself, but she lived in his home with his family after he killed her dad and sent her mother away. He avoided her at all costs until she was an adult and he realized how beautiful she was. Who the hell falls in love with the guy who does that? She sho
Michelle
4 Stars!
Loved this one and can't wait for more. Why not 5 stars? Well I wish I could say I felt the love between Vlad and Klara but I didn't. But I still really enjoyed. Vlad is complicated. lol

Even though this one ends on a cliff that didn't really leave my mouth hanging open it still leaves you wanting more. I can't wait to get to know Liam in the next book:))
Maria11
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah man a cliffy?!??

So good, but darn now I have to wait to see what is going to happen!

Interesting read with lots of ups and downs. It is brutal in some spots. Mafia is a big part of the story. It isn't just mentioned it is the life of the story.

I will read the next.
KatS
This is not usually the type of book I would read but I took the plunge and could not stop reading it.

It is a mafia romance with more emphasis on the mafia part. It also has a forbidden romance element. The hero, Vlad, is a mafia boss. He raise the heroine, Klara, after she saw him kill her father when she was 5 years old. They become a couple when she was 20 years old to his 35. The sex scenes, when the hero finally gives into temptation, are hot.

I love when possessive and protective heroes s
Expresso
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EAK is the first story I've read by this author. From the prologue Bextor had an unbreakable grip on my senses. As I read this story, I felt as if I was back in one of my beloved ungrad lit classes! I absolutely love the word flow! The words massage as well as present a story in a genre where word flow comparable to poetry is not the "norm".

EAK is a Mafia story. A very graphic and dramatic one. Vlad is wow! A Russian powerhouse. He and his word is LAW. Klara has been a part of Vlad's household s
Tammy Anderson
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Jaw Dropping Stars!

Wow!!!! AC Bextor just punched me in the heart with so many different emotions; Sadness, anger, hurt, laughter, kindness, love, meaning of family, and REVENGE!!!! My jaw dropped, hit the floor and it took me a while to pick it back!!!

I don’t want to give too much away… There were a number of characters in the story and let’s just say you will have a mixture of different feelings for each one. Some you will love, hate/love, want to kill and smack up-side the head.

Vlad (H), p
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

So this is one of those hard reviews to write. I love dark romances and I love mafia romances as well so I should have absolutely loved Empires and Kings but in reality this was not the case. There was a lot going on in this book and I think that was the problem because it caused it to be long and drawn out and it was a bit all over the place for me. Vlad and Klara’s relationship felt forced, and while I am usual
Mirjam
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia, romance, drama

Vlad Zalesky, 35 years, is the head of the Zalesky crime family, a Russian mafia organization in Chicago. Vlad is young to be the boss Being only thirty-five years old, I’m the youngest Zalesky to have been given an operation of his own. I’m charged to handle one of our family’s smaller units, made up of only thirty men, give or take.
Vlad has ensured himself with the loyalty of the men around him while owning up to his responsibilities toward them. I’ve never truly wondered why Vlad’s men hav
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo AC5EE63A-993E-448E-9D1C-5B3CFFF1ADE3_zpsnddkmoep.jpeg
I think I like where this is going...

This was a pretty good mafia/organized crime family romance.

There was a bunch of blood and violence. There were some intimate moments between the main love interests, Vlad & Klara. There was also just a lot of story that was started up, and then left to be resolved in the next two books. I'm very interested to see where everything goes because so much could happen.

So much happened in this story itself and this was just the set up. If you're looking for
Dyana Newton
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!! A.C.Bextor does not disappoint.
This book has it all love, hope, hurt, sadness, anger, and family. Vlad is a hard man made who he is by the family he read born in and Veni his son is the kindest sweetest young man, you can see how large his heart is regardless of how hard he k owe his dad is in business. And Faina is a feisty and headstrong sister and aunt and friend, this woman may have come from a hard family but she knows how to make the best of the life she has been delt.

Klara is
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How come I've only read one other book by this author? I'm sure my friends could have nudged me to read more. Anyway this was a really great mafia read. I read this in one sitting as I couldn't put it down.

After murdering a traitor Vlad ends up with the traitors daughter Kiara. He lets her live in his house but gives her a wide berth. When he starts seeing her for the beautiful woman that she is growing into everything changes. It's not a mafia story without suspense and violence and we certain
Anahita
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mafia books are my kinda books and I really enjoyed them.
The story was really attractive, apart from the main two characters that narrate the story, there were a number of characters that I had a mixture of different feelings for each one. I laughed, and cried with them.
overall it was a promising start and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.
I'm not sure how this is the first book I read by this author. I must have more of her books!
 Joyce
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading Bextor. And I can't wait to read book two in this series. This was an excellent start to this slightly dark, slightly romantic, well written mafia story. I honestly couldn't put it down.

Klara was left in the mafia family her father had betrayed. She had seen his fate of branding, torture and left to die. Yet she grew up loyal to the family that claimed her.

Vlad, a young man groomed to follow in his fathers foot steps. He is a few years older then Klara, yet when s
Princess J. Antoinette
This was a okay read. the storyline was good but the ending was much to be desired. I won't even bother to read the 2nd book of this series, it's just not worth the time or effort.

Overall rating:
3*~ Okay Read
Doris
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is A.C. Bextor at her best. I read the 'Lights in Peril' series and really enjoyed it. This one was even better. You come to love all of the characters within the story and your heart breaks toward the end at the tragic loss of one of them.
The story is Mafia based and you see all the good and bad that comes from that lifestyle. If you like Mafia- themed stories this is a must read.
A 5-star plus read!!
Christina Pannell
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm rounding up to 4 stars.
This book started out a bit slow for me. I usually love mafia romances but this one didn't have it all in the first 60%
Vlad runs his "family" Russian mafia. Be orders Klaras father killed early in the book and keeps her. He succeeds in keeping his distance from the traitors daughter until he sees the woman she has become.
there is a lot of push and pull with Vlad fighting his attraction to Klara.
There is Love , Hate, Anger, Sadness, Hurt, Happiness, Redemption, and V
RCK
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
Would have liked a solid ending for the H and h but still a decent read.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite

3.5 "Z" stars.

"I was the young girl left behind. A living piece of the traitorous puzzle the Russian leader tried so diligently to ignore."

So this was my first A.C. Bextor and I can say with full certainty that it won't be my last.

My relationship with this book was a love-hate one. While I loved the plot and all the fuckery surrounding the main couple, I didn't quite feel the connection between Vlad and Klara. If I had to choose between them, I would choose Vlad, daddy issues and all. Klara
Mojo_Mama
OMG...can anyone say "Regency Romance" 3x really fast???

THIS BOOK.

Such a bodice ripper in disguise.

Brooding, wealthy, alpha H. Check.
Dangerous and violent, too. Check.
Virginal "ward" h. Check.
Occasionally TSTL. Check.
Sometimes has backbone. Check.
Almost a doormat. Check.
Evil mistress (Hooker OW). Check.
h's father is a traitor. Check.
H's son is home tutored. Check.
H's father denying H the h. Check.
H's sis is BFFs with h. Check.
H's son is BFFs with h. Check.
H's staff loves the sweet h. Check.
Deb
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
I loved Empires and Kings! I was captured right away by this story and characters. I really enjoyed the way the story is written. There is so much more than just the romance aspect... it's about the relationships inside of this "family." It's suspenseful, and intense at times. I believe this is part of a trilogy, and typically the first book is usually laying all the groundwork which I felt this book did wonderfully. I am connected to these characters, I love them, I hate them, I feel their pain ...more
Amy
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Empires and Kings is AC Bextor's newest baby. Once again she has given a tale complete with complex, strong and vigilant characters. I thought in our Lights of Peril series and the spin off we had some ruthless warriors but you havent seen anything yet. I thought my heart could not be destroyed any more so than in that series but this was just as bad. A criminal -- an innocent and a weave of lies, terror and hardship and a burden of being born into your path.

Vlad Zalensky is of Russian descent,
Khanique McDaniel
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This novel left me with all sorts of feelings and that's because I didn't and still don't know what to expect. In a way, that's good because it has the potential to shock or surprise me but then it reads like there is no direction, like we are just making it up as we go along. I sincerely don't understand the lines or families in this novel but I want to.

Vlad and Klara are unique in more than their relationship but I gravitate more towards Vlad because the man never strays from his beliefs and m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Protector's Claim
  • Dark Chase (Gunrunner, #2)
  • Tempted (Death Dealers MC #2)
  • The Hunted
  • Saving Him (Keep Me #2)
  • First Impressions (April Loves Black Coffee, #1)
  • This Isn't Over, Baby (War & Peace, #3)
  • Jagger (Broken Doll, #2)
  • Damage (Havoc #2)
  • Fight You (Wrecked #2)
  • Dark Protector
  • Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1)
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • Stutter (Bleeding Hearts #2)
  • Kill Me (Kiss of Death, #1)
  • Pretty When You Cry (Stripped, #3)
  • Dirty Professor
  • Scarred, Part 2 (Scarred, #2)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AC-Bex...

Twitter: @ACBextor

Official Website: www.acbextor.com

Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.com/A.C.-Bextor/e/B...

Email: Acbextor@gmail.com

Mafia (2 books)
  • Saints and Savages (Mafia, #2)
“I’ll see you in hell,” she croaks, closing her eyes, and most likely framing my face and words as a last memory. “You might.” I tsk, pulling the rod back and hearing it drop to the floor. “You better fucking pray to Lucifer that you don’t.” 2 likes