Start by marking “Vida y muerte (Los muertos vivientes, #24)” as Want to Read:
Vida y muerte (Los muertos vivientes, #24)

Vida y muerte

(The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) #24)

Viejos amigos regresan desde lejos y nuevos adversarios se presentan.
Published March 1st 2016 by Planeta Cómic (first published September 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Vida y muerte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vida y muerte

Start your review of Vida y muerte (Los muertos vivientes, #24)
Jeff
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Do you know who has the worst job in the post-apocalyptic zombie world?

The person who has to bathe Negan. In Portuguese.

Seriously, it’s like old home week for who’s ever left, because Rick has started a trading fair, where all the communities can get together and share stuff (read: wax philosophical).

Welcome back, Michonne, ye salty sea dog!

Yes, it’s another lull in the zombie saga, punctuated by a few interesting developments. The “whisperers” show Rick that they have a bigger stick and
Stepheny
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mother of fuck.

Holy mother of fuck.

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy molyyyyyyyy.

That.

Was.

Intense.

At first I was thinking "this is kind of boring but I get where you're trying to go, Kirkman". And then BAM! An explosion of awesomeness all over your face.

Wow. Wow. Wow.
Anne
Ahhhh! What the hell?!
THAT ENDING!
*fist pump*
Alejandro
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Whisperers are here!

This is the twenty-fourth volume of “The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #139 to #144.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Twenty-Four

LIFE AND DEATH

This isn’t a world for victims. This is a world… for… the strong.

Rick thought that his world was getting larger.

However, that was a cruel delusion.

Rick’s world is actually getting smaller…

…and it seems that the
Sam Quixote
Things are going well for once and Rick’s settlement is flourishing - they’re even putting on their first fair! Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Rick, Carl has followed his girlfriend Lydia back to her people, the dark and menacing Whisperers - is he safe? Back at Hilltop Maggie must decide what to do with her would-be assassin Gregory, and Negan reminds Rick of his ever-present danger.

I didn’t dislike Volume 24: Life and Death, but I didn’t love it either. The series at the moment is missing a
Matthew
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brutal! Just when you thought things couldn't get any more shocking.

Payback should be interesting!
Becky
Well then. That happened. Good job, Carl. Nailed it!

I really don't know what to say about this one... Some crazy stuff, some crazy people... Just another day in the zombie wasteland!
Sesana
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, comics
I think this is the point where I check out of the series. For me, it's kind of stagnated for a long time, with occasional bright moments that make me hope for more just enough to keep reading. This volume was yet more of the same: mostly mediocre with a few actually good moments. And I think I've had about enough. It isn't that the book has gotten bad, it's that it's just ok, and has been just ok for a long time.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Marty Stu Jr (aka Carl Grimes) leaves camp, endangering many for a piece 'o @$$, Lydia. That, as we know if we've been reading ANY Walking Dead, is as good of a decision as you would think.

People die. LOTS of 'em. Including some favorites because Kirkman HATES ME. And Michonne reappears.

I actually rather liked this one (is this the THIRD TWD volume I've rated 4 stars in a row?! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??!?), even if it does continue to star Marty Stu and Marty Stu Jr - two
Anthony
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image
One of the better arcs in a while. Kirkman is setting up Ricks next nemesis and the next problem him and his team have to overcome in order to live happily ever after. All while making sure Negan behaves and doesn't cause even more trouble. Carl's starting to grow into a decent little character. Michonne isn't around enough. I keep expecting Daryl to turn up and be his bad ass self, but then I remember I'm READING the Walking Dead and not WATCHING the Walking Dead.
Rachel Reads Ravenously

My face when I read the ending:

photo Untitled_2.png

Like, I am probably going to keep reading these books so I know what happens but this series has jumped the shark. Long ago. And the "shock" factor does nothing for me anymore.
Anna
i said it last time: keep Carl in one place, because he is ready to do something really really silly.... really silly indeed.....
Artemy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image-comics, comics
Pretty slow volume... and then that ending. That was the most powerful character slaughtering Kirkman has ever accomplished in this series. Not that he killed anyone truly meaningful yet, but the way it was done was very cool. Shit is going down now!
Gabby
Holy shit. That went 0 to 100 real quick. Ugh, I'm so sad because I have obsessively been reading these comics over the last week and a half and now I have officially caught up. Now I have to wait until April for the next volume, this sucks! Especially with the cliff hanger at the end of this book! The Whispers are fucking crazy and ruthless. I love a good villain though and I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm also really into Lydia and Carl and I think they're cute. The Alpha of The ...more
Mike
Good lord, even with momentum built up from *just* reading 23, am I really strong enough to power through this "daytime soap opera of comic books"?

Including the heartfelt Origin Story of Michonne . (Not going to subscribe to Kirkman's half-assed emo writing, but I gotta say whoever is responsible for the texture of Michonne's dreads, they're doing gods' work - no one except me is going to take the time to appreciate that.)

The story of the whisperers is finally starting to take root and saw at
Marc-Antoine
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, wasn't expecting that...
Cheska the Great is Not Okay
That ending... I don't get it.

Why did the Whisperers (the people who used walkers' skin as masks) have to be that brutal when (view spoiler)?

That's a sad as fuck ending (view spoiler) but holyshitholyshitholyshit I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Volume 25: No Turning
Darren Hagan
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 stars**
**No spoilers**

I was reading this thinking "oh it's probably a 4 stars. Some interesting stuff happening but nothing crazy". Then that ending. Holy f*ck :O
Stephen
The latest entry into The Walking Dead series returns to the darkest, most gruesome roots that we have all come to expect from Robert Kirkman.

Just when life is beginning to take on a little semblance of normalcy, things begin to fall apart. There is the obligatory violence and death.

Be prepared to be shocked by this volume!
Andrew Reed
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carl, you're a fucking idiot. A new war has begun and it is all thanks to Rick's horny son. The Whisperers are such a freaky group. I don't think they will be more interesting than Negan, but they will for sure be better than The Governor. These people are practically wild animals.
Patrick
WOW!! I honestly don't know what's going to happen! These new people are crazy as F and they can control herds. They already killed several good characters. Now will Rick's people and Negan's Saviors team up to kill these animals?
Lexi Herondale
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
No, no. no... I wasn't ready for this...
Regina
W.T.F.

This is an ending that just... Damn.
Jammin Jenny
I love this graphic novel - comic book series. The show follows the same general plot line as the show, but the characters are different and what happens to the characters are different. I was surprised in this volume to find that (view spoiler) I liked that Lydia's mom Alpha told Rick (view spoiler) ...more
Dave
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, very impressive storytelling particularly for a graphic novel. Seems like a very important story arc is starting with the introduction of the Whisperers.
Katherine
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY CRAP. THAT ENDING!!

It's finally starting to get less boring and more intriguing and intense again.
Fred Klein
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series, which I felt was stagnating for a long time, has really come alive (or undead) with the last two installments. Our protagonists are facing what may be their worst threat to date, a group that calls itself the Whisperers. The writers must have really felt a need to use all their creative juices to come up with this group, and I am truly impressed after being bored by issue after issue of Negan's group, which, to me, felt like the Governor all over again, but ramped up a bit with less ...more
Paul E. Morph
Another incredible volume of TWD. I'm loving the time Carl is getting in the spotlight, I'm intrigued to see where Kirkman's going with Maggie's darker side, the Whisperers are creeping me the fuck out and THAT ENDING!
All that combined with Adlard's great artwork... I can't see me dropping this book any time soon!
Danielle
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-in-2015
WOAH. WHAT JUST HAPPENED. Those last few pages blew my mind WHAT. Definitely one of my favourites!!!!
Baal Of
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kirkman's got me hooked again, with some particularly brutal developments. The whisperers are far more interesting than Negan as adversaries for Rick's and the other settlements, since they have so much more complexity, and actually believe in the correctness of their own actions. The rows of severed heads was particularly gruesome, especially when underscored by the various people talking about each victim.
Speaking of Negan, his small appearances reminded me of why I think he sucks. One piece
Change publishing date 1 1 Oct 14, 2019 07:34AM

• Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Re-Entry
  • Saga, Vol. 9
  • I Killed Adolf Hitler
  • The Stand: Hardcases
  • The Boys Omnibus Vol. 1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • Black Panther vs. Deadpool
  • Aldebaran: L'intégrale (Aldebaran, #1-5)
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • Saga, Vol. 7
  • Superior Spider-Man: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
  • Hillbilly Volume 4: Red-Eyed Witchery from Beyond
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Volume 2
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1: Shell Unleashed (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #1-3)
  • George Romero's Empire of the Dead: Act Three
  • Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Fables, Vol. 21: Happily Ever After

The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye