Start by marking “Twisted Mind” as Want to Read:
Twisted Mind

Twisted Mind

(Chequered Flag)

**Mature Content Warning** Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual content. GP2 race car driver Dustin Coates has been made irrelevant... For the past year, Dustin helped his best friend, Raine Wilkins. It was a good diversion from his twisted life. Now she's settling down with his brother, and without the distraction from his own toxic relationship, Dustin is ...more
Published February 26th 2016 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Mind

Paige
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out my review here: https://thepaigeturnerblog.wordpress....
Jennifer Pierson
I LOVE this story, and the Chequered Flag series a ton! Dustin Coates, a GP2 race car driver, is spiralling out of control after one too many of life's sucker punches. He's been trying to get away from his twisted ex, but now there's a baby involved. In order to protect the innocent life, he must play nice with the violent Elora. When she pulls the ultimate betrayal, he snaps. No longer the happy jokester, he shuns everyone and focus' on moving up to Formula One. Tazia Nixon moves into his build ...more
Loredana
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

This book twisted me up. So I guess we can say that the title was spot on. We first met Dustin as the brother of Teo and best friend to Raine. We knew he was facing some demons and torment, but the depth and breadth of his pain is quite staggering. I knew he was a good guy in the first book, but I completely fell in love with his heart and charm in the second book. People who say nice guys finish last haven't met Dustin Coates!

Without spoiling anything I'll simply state this: I HATE El
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Eu não conhecia esta autora e achei a história muito interessante. O herói está em um relacionamento em que a namorada abusa física e mentalmente dele. É penoso ver o sofrimento que ela causa nele. A heroína também está saindo de um relacionamento que a princípio não fica claro o que aconteceu com ela e o ex dela.
Aos poucos a história vai se desenrolando e fica bem interessante. Gostei e recomendo!
-------
I didn't know this author and I found the story very interesting. The hero is in a relations
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Mia is back with a bang, I'm so very happy that this book was Dustins story as I liked him in the first book, was intrigued by him and wanted to know more about him.

A story of the power to heal when you find that true kind of love but you have to watch as they overcome many obstacles. Watch them fail and fall whilst finding their way, but know that it's all so worth the wait in the end.

Mia's mind is definitely a little twisted. It has to be to have written such a great story arc and had everyt
Amy Shelton
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

*I received a copy of this story from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

HOLY CRAP! That book. That story. That was an intense read. It was far from what I was expecting. I was absolutely astounded by the writing and storytelling in this book. I didn’t want to stop reading and stayed up too late because I just could not put this book down!

Be prepared to have your temper to the point of boiling and be prepared to have yo
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This was one heck of a book 2. And this author is quickly proving herself to be one heck of a story teller. All of the emotions and character dynamics that were shown in book 1 were brought into this story with two more people to get to know and love.

In the very beginning of the story Dustin is given news that completely rocks his world on its axis. He shuts down and has no desire to let anyone near him physically or emotionally. Right in the midst of his emotional upheaval he literally runs int
Lauren Jones
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Elora’s next movement came so quickly had I blinked I would have missed it. A loud clap rang out in the aisle and Dustin’s head snapped to the side. His hand flew to cover his cheek and I gasped, not believing she’d hit him in the middle of a supermarket where everyone could see. By the looks of the startled glances thrown our way, neither could the other customers along the same aisle.”

Abuse is never an easy concept to read about, much less write about. What makes someone feel the desire to me
Michelle Austin
Page Count: 2-23-16
Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

description
Twisted Mind was a great 5 star read.
Romance, Hot Alpha Racers

I wanted someone worth fighting for, and Elora wasn’t that person.

Twisted Mind made my heart race. What a great love story of two people trying to move on from a hurtful past.

This is Dust
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Mia Hoddell has quickly become one of my favorite writers. She is able to weave together words in such a way that her characters have an amazing depth; they experience real life hurdles, sufferings, and joys, and they love with a passion the burns. The storyline is strong, well-developed, filled with a few twists and turn, and offers a look at tough subjects that are handled with beauty and grace.

In this newest release, Twisted Minds, Mia gives us a look into the secret Dustin has been hiding f
Keren Hughes
Oh my goodness, what an amazing story. I really enjoyed Teo and Raine's story in book one but was dying to know more about Dustin. Now I do and boy oh boy was it worth the wait!
This is the story of Dustin and Tazia, two broken people who don't realise they have the power to heal each other.
I couldn't help but feel an empathy with both characters because of their individual stories. They both had a lot to overcome and it was a journey wrought with tears, frustration, anger, bitterness and a who
Mignon Mykel
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read the first book in this series, you've already met Dustin as Raine's very, very B.F.F., and Teo's younger brother. You also have already learned that as talented as he is, he's a bit of an introvert who cares extremely deeply for those he calls his friends and family. And in that introvertedness, you learned that he resorts to card tricks that sometimes got him into trouble.

And you also learned that as strong of a guy he could be, he had one major weakness, and that was his extremely
Jen
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

This was a good follow-up to Chameleon Soul, with the focus really being on Dustin and Taz. Teo and Raine make appearances here but they really are more of supporting characters and don't steal the spotlight from our main couple, which is as it should be. My heart went out to Dustin because I can only imagine how heartbreaking his situation was. It
Vickie
Another fantastic offering from Mia Hoddell. The second instalment in the Chequered Flag Series, Twisted Mind focuses on Dustin and his story and what a story it is. I literally raced (pun intended) through the pages from beginning to end and was not disappointed.

After Dustin and Elora’s toxic and abusive relationship finally comes to an end putting a stop to her twisted games of manipulation and violence when she does the unthinkable. Dustin no longer the light hearted joker is replaced with a
The Magic of Books Blog
Twisted Mind by Mia Hoddell

5 stars
Reviewed by Amanda Barbee

Twisted Mind by Mia Hoddell is the second book in the Chequered Flag Series. But can be read as a standalone. She does not disappoint, with this second installment Tearing at your heart the same way as the first, you will not be disappointed!!

Dustin Coates is a GP2 racer hoping to make a Formula One contract his. But his on again off again relationship with Elora- the girl of his nightmares- takes a very unexpected turn and makes him for
Cass (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
3.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Chequered Flag Series, while it can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the first book in the series Chameleon Soul, so you know what's happening with other characters in the book.

After getting a glimpse of what was going to happen in Dustin's book at the end of Chameleon Soul I couldn't wait to finally be able to read Dustin's story!

Dustin Coates has been in an extremely toxic relationship with his ex Elora for so long that he finds it har
Sassy Southern
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dustin Coates is at a point where he is so distraught about his relationship with Elora and the secrets she has kept from him and the decisions she made without him that he is almost putting his career as a race car driver in jeopardy.

Tazia Nixon has just moved into her new place when she meets Dustin in a very unfavourable way but is in turn rescued by her new neighbour Perry. Yet Tazia soon sees Dustin in a different light and the two begin to grow close.

Yet both Tazia and Dustin have huge sec
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Twisted Mind is an amazing read that will leave your heart twisted from the pain that these two characters have gone through the past few months. This book is about Dustin and Tazia who build a friendship that builds to more. They are both in pain but while Dustin tells her everything, Tazia keeps hers a secret that has Dustin scared. Dustin's crazy, abusive ex has just shattered his world and he isn't sure if opening his heart to someone with such secrets is wise. He knows that Taz could decima ...more
Sarah Dale
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and I loved this one more then the first if that's possible. I liked Dustin in book 1 but in this book I loved him straightaway.

Dustin Coates is a GP2 driver that's spiralling out of control after being totally screwed over by his psycho ex girlfriend. He's no longer the happy Jokester, he's shutting out his brother and Raina and focusing on his driving and getting to the Formula 1.

When it all comes to a head he drowns his sorrows and has a disastrous first
Stephanie  Mae
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a much anticipated book for me, the second book in the Checkered Flag Series. You can read A Twisted Mind as a standalone. However, it might be best enjoyed after reading Chameleon Soul.
With that said, I bring you my take on Dustin. Dustin has some making up to do, with Teo, Raine, his coach and team. Dustin went on a downward spiral, consumed by anger and grief. This was after his girlfriend Elora, the Danzig song personified, had an abortion. Having an abortion is a legal right, one I
Cheri
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dustin is broken. A man on his way to the big leagues or in racing—Formula One Cars. A good man who has stood by his best friend (book one) as she regains her life after a tragedy. Now he is the one in pain but he refuses anyone’s help—well until he bowls Tazia over—literally.
A new neighbor, Tazia is also broken, and not just her leg in a cast. They hit it off, with a rocky start, but is it possible two breaks can make one whole?

Ms Hoddell is really good at dropping clues without giving a way th
Melissa King
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
Twisted Mind is the second book in Chequered Flag series by Mia Hoddell. Chameleon Soul was the first book in the series with Teo & Raine's love story. If you haven't read it then you have truly missed out on a wonderful story.

Dustin Coates has been in a twisted, violent relationship with his ex girlfriend,Elora to protect their unborn baby. He is just getting use to the idea of becoming a father when Elora does the unthinkable. Instead of turning to his best friend Raine and his brother Te
Lorna Holland
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Full review now available on my blog: http://www.thewritinggreyhound.co.uk/...

After reading Chameleon Soul, which focused on the story between Formula 1 driver Teo Coates and his girlfriend Raine, I was really looking forward to reading the second book in the series. Twisted Mind moves on from the first book. Now we focus on Teo's brother, Dustin, as he comes to terms with his abusive and manipulative ex-girlfriend and unexpectedly finds new love in the form of his neighbour, Tazia, when he was
Ashley Tomlinson
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is shaping up to be a very good series. I still think the racing aspect is very cool and unique. It's not a sport that most people write about but they definitely should. Hoddell is so talented when it comes to writing good romances.

Dustin and Taz were adorable together. They complimented each other well and played off each other's strengths. They both had things happen to them in their past and became stronger from it. Taz was a very strong female character that didn't let anyone tell her
Rebecca Austin
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-sassy
I loved this book so much! This is the second book in the series and once again I was blown away but the issues that the author tackles. The author doesn't hold back and you can just feel how scared Dustin is to talk about what has happened to him as he feels he was less of a man because of it.

I loved Dustin and I can understand how torn he was with getting close to Tazia with everything he went through with Elora.

Tazia was amazing and I loved hearing about her baking as a way of coping through
Laura Smith
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Bloody Loved It!

This is the 2nd book in the Chequered Flag Series and I couldn't wait to start Dustin's journey. You first meet Dustin in book 1 and I'm so glad that Mia Hoddell decided ro write his story.

Dustin is broken by the evilness of his ex girlfriend and hits an extremely low point that nobody seems to be able to help him through. Not from lack of trying but Dustin just pushes everyone away.

When he literally bumps into his new neighbour, an instant chemistry is formed and t
Crystal
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twisted Mind is fast paced, emotional read filled with a few twists. Race car driver Dustin is out of control while dealing with his abusive, lying ex. Baker Tazia who's gone through her own heartache and has just moved in Dustin's apartment building. They start to spend time together, and feeling come into play, as they lean on each other for support. Dustin is afraid that Taz could be the one to break him as she won't tell him her secrets. Can't wait till the next book in the Chequered flag se ...more
Maari
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in Ms. Hoddell's Chequered Flag series, but can be read as a standalone. However, I do not recommend skipping Chameleon Soul or any of her books!
Ms. Hoddell has a way of tackling difficult subjects or subjects that not many Authors will touch on and bringing them to light. I love the depth of Mia's characters, how they grow, show us so much of their life, and we feel as if we are right there with them.. A solid 5 stars, which would be more, if possible!! I recommend all
Sashiel "Shy" Gawerecki
5 amazing stars.

Reviewed for Nerdy, Dirty and Flirty Blog
Felicia A
YAYYYYY! Another editing project is now a published book!
International bestselling author, Mia Hoddell, lives in the UK with her family and two cats. She spends most of her time writing or reading, loves anything romantic, and has an overactive imagination that keeps her up until the early hours of the morning.

Mia has written over ten titles including her Seasons of Change series, the Chequered Flag series, the Elemental Killers series, and her standal

Chequered Flag (3 books)
  • Chameleon Soul (Chequered Flag, #1)
  • Stolen Breath (Chequered Flag, #3)