Start by marking “Runaway” as Want to Read:
Runaway

Runaway

Susan Wolfe is your average high school senior, concerned with boys, grades and her favourite sport, cross-country running. However, her world gets flipped on its head when she discovers she is a werewolf. Tragedy strikes, but before Susan can deal with it, her best friend Anna's life is put in danger. Susan has to put her own burdens aside to save her friend. Together the ...more
ebook
Published February 2016

To ask other readers questions about Runaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway

Start your review of Runaway
Sabine Wilder
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
From Daryl B on Kobo:

Runaway is young adult werewolf story that follows the adventures of high school student Susan Wolfe and her friend Anna Russel. This statement may lead you to believe that this is another typical werewolf story that has seen a surge in popularity in the past decade. However, if there is one thing that can be said about this book is that it by no means follows the traditional formula of this genre. At many points throughout the story you may use the traditional formula in an
Victoria Tilley
OMG! OMG! I was going through the giveaways, and. I. Saw. This. OMG!
I have been looking for a YA Werewolf book FOR AGES!!! OMG!! OMG!!
I just finished the Intertwined series by Gena Showalter, and holy crap it was amazing! The werewolf part of it was my favorite! YA werewolf books are my favorite of all time! There just needs to be more!
When i read the synopsis of this book, i died on the inside. This is exactly what i have been looking for, for ages now! I love how the actual werewolf is a
Heather
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author Sabine Wilder for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. I am not normally one to read vampire/werewolf stories, but this one surprised me. It was an action filled thriller that just happened to incorporate vampires and werewolves.

Anna and Susan were typical high school girls who cared about each other like sisters and were thrust into a world the didn't understand.

I felt the story maintained a nice pace and was very interesting.

I would
Kari Nichols
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Literally didn't put it down from the time I started reading until I finished it. I felt like I really knew the characters. And with the characters that I wanted to know more about, I get the distinct feeling I'll get their full backstories and personalities in the next book. Wilder's style of writing drew me in, and I loved getting sucked into the pages. This book is absolutely packed to the brim with action, intrigue and the perfect amount of romance. Definitely not your ...more
Jeff Park
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really love werewolves and have been looking for a book like Runaway for quite some time. Werewolf books are usually hit or miss with me and I'm very glad this was a hit. I don't want to spoil too much as I wouldn't want to ruin any of the fun, but the characters are well fleshed out and relatable, it was well paced and as exciting as any good page turner is. After finishing the last page, Runaway left me wanting more and I can't wait for the next book.

Highly Recommended.
ISBN: 9780994969910
Buy Link: http://www.sabinewilder.com/
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Susan Wolfe is your average high school senior, concerned with boys, grades and her favorite sport, cross-country running. However, her world gets flipped on its head when she discovers she is a werewolf. Tragedy strikes, but before Susan can deal with it, her best friend Anna's life is put in danger. Susan has to put her own burdens aside to save her friend. Together
Chloe McGuire Brigl
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I listened to the free audiobook version of Runaway, and while I can appreciate that the book was free and Sabine had a nice speaking voice, I'm guessing that the rest of these reviews are from her friends and family. The chapters of the book seem disconnected and the story line seems like something a middle school student would write. I liked the beginning of the book when I thought that Susan Wolf's keen sense of smell and amazing running abilities were just interesting character traits. ...more
Kelsey
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel and was sad to see it end. The weaving together of supernatural elements like werewolves and vampires coupled with the overall plot and imagery was excellent. I really hope that Ms. Wilder has a sequel in the works, because I would certainly love to read more about these intricate characters. I would highly recommend this book to fans of Twilight or any fan of young adult literature!
Megan
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I felt like I was “running” in Susan’s shoes most of the time. The characters are all really well fleshed out and I enjoyed the antagonist as well. I appreciate the author's hint at romance, while not letting the characters go overboard and flooding the story with it, focusing on the events that were unfolding. Great job.
Lo-arna Green
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in 2 hours!
Thank you to the author for allowing me to get lost in this world.
Definitely recommend!
Sam - Spines in a Line
I received a copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story being told here but I felt like it moved too quickly to really get any grounding. The basic plot of this book is that Susan discovers she's a werewolf and is being hunted. With the help of other werewolves, she tries to get herself and her loved ones to safety.

I think Susan's self-discovery of her new self worked but it was when she was introducing this to others that it felt unnatural. I
Jessica
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story seems to start out as your typical teenage/ young adult novel, but we quickly figure out that there is much more to this story than first meets the eye. In her debut novel, the author Ms. Wilder, has spun a fantastic story for us, complete with believable characters, plot twists, fatal accidents and a tension that draws you in from almost the beginning. I was turning pages and ended up staying up late with this story because I could not put it down.
Susan is a teenager who loves to
Pegboard
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imagine being a normal high school senior when suddenly you feel threatened and disoriented in the woods of Northern Ontario. Your alarm awakens a beast within you that kills your assailant. Susan Wolfe is terrified over what she had done, but more shocked at what she had become.
You feel the energy of the characters as the plot unfolds. Sabine Wilder has a gift of describing the emotions Susan and Anna are feeling as they learn about what it is like becoming a werewolf or vampire. And the fear
Archie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Runway”, is a horror type novel with vampires and werewolves. Susan Wolfe is an average high school senior doing normal stuff, but her life is turned upside down when she discovers she is a werewolf. While she is struggling to settle with this, her best friend Anna’s life is in danger and now she has to focus on saving their lives. Their friendship and trust it puts through test and they have to fight all odds to survive.
The story is good and the characters develop as the story unfolds. The
Payal Sinha
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Runaway is a highly complex and interesting tale and it is hard to believe that it is the writer's first authored book. The story has a high level of maturity which is only found in seasoned writers. The plot is intriguing, characters are complicated yet simple and the words are condensed as a lot of information is limited to few pages only.

I love stories about werewolves, vampires, etc. and this is the first time when I have come across a girl who has werewolf qualities. However, they only seem
Kirsten Tattersall
May 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received this book from the author for an honest review through LibraryThing. The reason I requested this book was because it advertised a story about friendship and werewolves. I didn't quite get what I expected. The pacing of the story was really off and the overall structure, I feel, isn't quite up to par. The chapters seemed disjointed and I felt no real connection to any of the characters, but especially not the main two. I would not recommend this book.
Leah
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The thing I love the most about Runaway is that the werewolf is a girl! An athletic, bold, teenage girl who finds herself in a whole lot of trouble when she finds out she's a werewolf. The story is gripping and there's enough twists thrown in that it kept me guessing the whole way through. I loved the lore and how shifting is tied up with emotions. I really felt for Susan and everything she went through. If you're looking for something different in a werewolf book, this is it!
Erik McManus
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I have not really forayed into the paranormal young adult genre that much because I usually stick to fantasy or sci-fi but this book was a pretty interesting depiction of this genre. Susan is a strong female main character that has to face what is thrown at her head on and deal with it. She is very protective of her family and friends and will do anything to ensure their safety.

I liked that the book gave me Hogwarts vibes and that it was told in multiple perspectives to diversify the point of
Tate
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Runaway is an entertaining race through the wintery woods of Canada. The book follows the struggles of Susan and Anna, two high school girls dragged unwillingly into a world of supernatural creatures. Although the main characters are in the YA category I would say (based on content) it borders more along the lines of Middle Grade works I’ve read. Deeper YA readers will likely find it a bit tame. However, for a transitional book it hits the mark and my review/rating is based on how well it ...more
Ashley
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book opens with a typical conversation between a couple of friends, revolving around high school, boys, and other things. Soon after this scene, things get worse for the main character, Susan, who finds out that there is something a little bit strange about her. She thought she knew what made her different, but in actuality, she didn’t know at all. When she finds out what she can turn into and ultimately what she is capable of, the story takes on a darker and more suspenseful tone that is ...more
Jenny_acc
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for a review.

What i liked the most about this book,was how fast paced it was.It's first and foremost a book about friendship, and secondly about vampires and werewolves. It is well written, although i did find some of the language used challenging, as english is not my first language. Unfortunately i wasn't convinced about the friendship between the two main characters. It was a bit over the top for me, which made it feel somewhat unnatural.
Apart from that, i
Sholmes3
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Possibly good for teens. Lacked depth and just felt too predictable. There was definitely the potential to develop characters more with some serious thought-provoking experiences but it fell short for me.
Sophie
The_Dragon_Writer
Oct 31, 2016
Liene
Mar 09, 2016
Indie Authors Mon...: R & R: Sabine Wilder Title: Runaway 1 17 Feb 15, 2016 05:56PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: New Author Seeking Reviews 5 68 Feb 02, 2016 08:18AM
Making Connections: 4195. RUNAWAY by Sabine Wilder 1 12 Jan 15, 2016 06:11PM

• One Queen of an Ending by Zachary Ryan (The High School Queens Trilogy, #3)
  • Tell Me Why
  • Heralds
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1)