Start by marking “Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes, #3)

Target on Our Backs

(Monster in His Eyes #3)

The best way to keep your word is never to give it. Not long ago, in a chapel in Vegas, I swore to love Karissa for the rest of my days. But nobody's promised an infinite number of tomorrows. Nobody's promised forever. Sometimes, all we have left is today. Carpe Diem. Seize the day. It should've been over, we should've been happy, but people are making it hard for me to li ...more
Published February 22nd 2016 by J.M. Darhower

To ask other readers questions about Target on Our Backs, please sign up.

Hulya Kara Yuksel
“There's just something about you, Karissa," he whispers, "something I've sought for a very long time.”

OH MY SWEET GOD! PLS EXCUSE ME BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MYSELF WITH THE FUCKING AMAZING "IGNAZIO MICHELE VITALE" :))) GOD THIS BOOK WAS EPIC! IT WAS ALL I EVER NEED IT. OMFG I'M SOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! YESSS, I'M WRITING WITH BIG -SHOUTING- CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE THIS BOOK WAS SOOOO FUCKING MIND BLOWING. :)

God, I have no idea there will be a 3rd book so when I first saw this book I almost
✦❋Arianna✦❋
5 Stars!!

description

If you haven’t already started this series, it’s time for you to do that, because let me tell you, this series is awesome. If you are like me and you love mafia/mob romance stories or simply you crave something unique that will keep you at the edge of your seat then I totally recommend this series. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!

“If Naz taught me anything, it's that sometimes coincidences aren't really coincidences.
Sometimes they're orchestrated.”

“Target on Our Backs” is the
Jennifer Kyle
5 * NAZ* STARS

”You love a sinner. If anything, that makes you a saint.”

description

Did you think that our couple was happy off in the sunset as the last pages of the last book all pointed to? Sadly things aren't always that easy. No matter how much Naz is trying to walk a sort of straight an arrow, he is being drawn out and he'll stop at nothing to protect the woman he loves, his wife, Karissa Vitale.

”Out only means I can sit on the sidelines, waiting until I get called back into the game. And they’ve b
Candace
I absolutely love Naz! So, when I started seeing reviews for 'Target On Our Backs' pop up on friends' pages, my first thought was, "How didn't I know this book was coming out?". After I got past the surprise, I succumbed to the excitement of having more Naz and Karissa on the way.

As much as I liked this book, it had a much different feel to it than the earlier books in this series. Although we were given glimpses of the "old" Naz, he was predominantly a lost, tamer version of the scary man we al
Lo Bookfrantic
5★★★★★Nothing is promised so Seize the Day ~ Stars

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 3 of Monster In His Eyes series
POV: First Person - Dual

description
“Life is what it is. You can’t escape it...You love a sinner. If anything, that makes you a saint.”

description

Target On Our Backs picks up a year after the second book. Ignazio Vitale aka Naz; is now married happily with the girl who stole his heart; the girl that he was supposed to kill. Naz now at age thirty-eight and Karissa Vitale at only twenty are trying to
Bibi
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I want more of Naz!

Wow! The entire series was just so good. More than this, I finally found a female author who succeeded in writing the most perfectly nuanced male character. FRTC.
Liz
~4.5 LOVING NAZ STARS~
"You see, when a king is killed, anarchy reigns as the next strongest male steps up to take his place."
description

Target on Our Backs is a welcome home to Naz lovers everywhere. It offers a perfect blend of action and steam. It is the third book of the Monsters in His Eyes Series, and this series must be read in order.
description
"The man is an enigma. A beautiful, sometimes terrifying puzzle that I'm still piecing together, little by little."
Target on Our Backs picks up directly after To
Eliza

Naz is the kind of guy that, once he walks into your world, he throws it off its axis, so even if he walks back out, nothing spins the same anymore.

He is back ladies & gentlemen! Ignazio Vitale. The man that can terrify and turn me on in the same sentence. If you are a lover of dark romance and you have yet to meet Naz, quick question. What is wrong with your life? *kidding* (kind of.. )

JM Darhower has made my dreams come true with this sneak attack addition to The Monster series. Each nove
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 I Never-Want-This-Series-To-End Stars

“Because even with everything that has happened, God help me, I do love him. I love him more than I ever though possible”

Dear J.M. Darhower, can you make this series go on forever? I can read ten million books on my favorite number tortured hunky killer. Sigh, I love you Naz and I love you too Karissa. I was really happy and surprised with Target on Our Backs. If you are a fan of the series or have this crazy love-obsession with Naz, like I do, then you
Radmila
5 +++ STARS!!!

I'm a cat with nine lives and I'm already on number twelve. I'm living on borrowed time. When death wants to take me, it'll take me.

Oh Naz, how much I missed you.

You can capture a lion and teach it to do tricks, but you'll never change the nature of the beast. It'll still rip your fucking head off if you poke it the wrong way.

This book shows us how Naz and Karissa are doing as married couple. Karissa is still at college and Naz is "working".

I have permanency. I have somewhere to
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4.5 Naz is a Badass MOFO★★★★

photo 1456499865863_zpsuzy0eg1v.jpg

This has been one of my all time favorite book series and I'm sad that it's come to an end. It's been one hell of a ride and even though I don't want to come off, I'm happy with the way everything turned out.

"Some of the most dangerous people are only dangerous because of what they mean to others,not because of who they are".

After taking out one of New York's top crime Lord,Naz has a target on his back(literally). Everywhere he goes,there's a trail of bullets a
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Naz. Just that one word says it all..... Yes, that's it. Thank you.

Okay, for real, if you haven't yet picked this series up, do it. It's EPIC, it's haunting, it's obsessing, its pure torture, it's beautiful in its own way (Naz). The man is an enigma!!!!!
Catarina

4 Final Stars.

Target on our backs bring us the third and last instalment of the “Monster in His Eyes” Series and the very much wanted final of Naz and Karissa’s story.
We al know that Naz has a dirty past and that he committed many sins, until he met Karissa and tried to become a better person. But as much he wants to get rid of his past… his past is not ready to let him go and someone his decided to keep pushing him.
But this time Naz has a lot to lose and his not willing to let it, so if it’
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
This is an EPIC FINALE and I freaking love every moment! Out of the three books in Monster in His Eyes trilogy, this is the best one and it's wrapped up perfectly. Unlike the previous books, Target on Our Backsis told in dual perspective. There's more suspense, thrilling action, off-the-charts romance and mafia related events in this book. I can't put this book down and I'm totally hooked with its story.

[Mild spoilers ahead.]

Naz promises to be a good man for Karissa and stay off from the dange
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, arc, j-m-darhower
I'm convinced JM can do no wrong.

"A leopard doesn't change it's spots."

Well no shit. Ignazio Vitale is not a good man. He's done unimaginable things to get his revenge from his past. But with his future with Karissa, he's trying to be a better man. In the mafia world, he was technically never in but he was technically never out. He never gave his word and subsequently this will cause problems. A new player will come into town drawing suspicion and wreaking havoc to a rule abiding mafia family.
Vanessa
5+++ Vitale Stars!!!

"You love a sinner. If anything, that makes you a saint."

Naz is back, so yeah, prepare for massive amounts of incoherent fan-girling ahead...

This was me every time Naz came into a scene in this book, hell...in the WHOLE DAMN SERIES!!!

photo just-come.gif

Omg!!! Above and beyond any expectations I had. This woman is a GENIUS!!! She dominates Mafia storytelling like no other. I didn't realize how UNfinished Naz's story was. The absolute perfect conclusion to their story.

There really isn't muc
Susan
“He's a force of nature.”

Naturally when you are as enamored of a character as I am with Ignazio Vitale, (Naz), you just cannot let this the final book written about Karissa and Naz Vitale’s love story go unread. True to form, Ms. Dahower writes a powerful and riveting final chapter in this breathtaking romance.

Naz remains an enigmatic character while he is attempting to change his ways as much as he is able. Even though he has never pledged an oath to any crime family boss, it is still somewhat
Paige
5 "Best of the Series" Stars

J.M. Darhower penned the perfect ending for the Monster in His Eyes series. I giggled, panted, cringed, and loved right along with Naz and Karissa. These two have had quite the journey and it ended with the perfect bang.

Now that Naz and Karissa are married and Naz is trying to turn over a new leaf for Karissa's sake, everything is sunshine and roses-or not. Once you're in the life, the life rarely lets you go which Naz always knew. But for Karissa he'll do whatever h
 Naqelle
Shelves: favorites
Of course jm darhower has done it again giving us another book that I am in love with.naz and karrisa are probably one of my favorite book couples ever I could read them ever day for the rest of my life and never get bored so when I found out she was writing another book I almost died of joy.In this book for me it accually feels like an ending. I didn't get that when reading torture to her soul I always felt like they needed more like what happens after you get back from Vegas we get that in tar ...more
Mandy
Perfect ending to an amazing series! Honestly, it was just completely brilliant. This had me so anxious, the suspense was so intense. The sexy times were super hot as they have been throughout this whole series. This was perfect and I can't recommend this series enough - it's a top favorite and a fantastic story!

2/25/16 This book was such a great ending to this series I've already re-read it! Seriously, it was just as good the 2nd time around. This is a must read series - absolutely brilliant!
Lea ★
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of mafia/mob/organised crime romance
5 stars*****
EPIC!

Ladies and gentleman, Ignazio Vitale is back, and he is dangerously delicious and as awesome as ever!
My God, I have a serious book hangover.
I will never grow tired of reading about Ignazio and Karissa, so J.M. Darhower, I kinda hope this won't be the last book in the series.
I guess I could say that criminals make the best book boyfriends, at least in this case :)
Ignazio can put all mafia romance heroes to shame.
Monster in His Eyes is one of my favourite mafia/mob/organised c
Elle
3.5 Mr & Mrs. Vitale STARS!

My oh my... Congrats for the couple! It has been six months since their fast marriage and now they're still doing the routine stuff, except Naz is kinda 'retired'. His only focus is only with Karissa; to be a better man for her. But it doesn't last long. When the unexpected event forced Naz to take action, he must do it again. It will never easy to get out from mafia and murder stuff, eh?

description

I'm trying so hard to enjoy their relationship. But it still didn't work for m
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
The perfect ending to a wonderful series! One of the best mob romances I’ve ever read. Very raw and real. Highly recommend!
Francoise
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, mob, alpha
4.5 Stars

"A leopard doesn't change his spots"

I was so happy to get more of Naz and Karissa story ! As always, Ms. Darhower's writing is flawless, the story is action-packed and suspenseful. But the added bonus here is the dual POV that gives such a multi-layered picture of the characters, I really enjoyed it. This is my favourite book in the series !

Naz and Karissa are now married. That being said, Naz is still Naz : enigmatic, intense and protective. Above all else, he has chosen Karissa and no
Viviana
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the ending!!
I was anxious to get my hands on this book! I just wanted to know what would happens to karissa and naz. I wanted him to get over his trust issues and I wanted him to eat something Karissa made. ;)

Overall I loved this book!!
Some parts (I did didn't believe) I was not a big fan of. But I did like how the characters progressed. I did feel that huge connection between Naz and Karissa. They had love. And that's why I give this book 5 stars.
Alex
If only Lorenzo had his own book...
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
FABULOUS!!! LOVED IT! And that epilogue!! Sigh... Review to come
Bing
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 "I'll take complicated anytime just to be with Naz!" Stars

They say that living a life of crime, despite trying or wanting to leave it behind, will always come back to bite you in the ass somehow. This was proven true in Naz's case.

He was at a good place as far as relationship with Karissa was concerned. Newly married, trust restored and being worked on as each day passed, love for each other proven in the most unconventional way.. it looked like this couple could finally take a breath to just
Betül
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Through every dark night, there's a brighter day. - Tupac Shakur"

This is one of my favorite quotes and I just loved that JM Darhower mentioned it in this book. In many books there are a lot of quotes from classic books or plays (which I haven't read any of). So having quotes that are familiar to me is refreshing. Just like the previous books every time Tupac is mentioned I get a big smile on my face. He is my all time favorite artist!

"I'
What's you opinion on Lorenzo? 4 33 Jul 15, 2016 02:17AM

Monster in His Eyes (3 books)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
“I was going to take it easy on you," he says, his voice low. "Lay you down on the bed and worship you, all day and all night. Kiss and caress every inch of you. Taste you with my tongue until you can't take anymore. And then I was going to give it to you, deep and slow... make you come over and over again, until all you can do is whimper, cry my name." His free hand, the one not clutching the belt, slowly ghosts along the front of my body, his fingertips brushing against my flushed skin. He runs the hand along my breasts before settling on my chest, over my heart. "You like it that way, don't you? Like when I make you feel all of my love."
I nod, tingles erupting all over. "Uh-huh."
"And I was going to love you right, remind you what it feels like to be cherished, to be idolized, to be treated like the queen you are. I was going to make serious love to you, baby." "But now I think I'll just fuck you instead.”
13 likes
“Where are you going?"
"To get my wife back."
"How do you know where to look?"
I hold my phone up. "I've got a map."
"A map?" He laughs. Laughs. "You ever feel like Admiral Ackbar with the Death Star plans?"
I look at him, brow furrowed.
"You know... Return of the Jedi? It's a trap!"
I shake my head.
"Really? Nothing?" He scrunches up his face as if I disgust him. "How are we even friends?"
"We're not.”