Start by marking “A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2)” as Want to Read:
A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2)

A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2)

Some guys should come with a warning label . . .

Sawyer West is Mr. One-Night Stand. He doesn't do relationships or promises or feelings. He's never cared enough to get involved. Until Lily Roberts. She's sweet and shy and sexy as sin, and resisting her is testing his self-control. She believes Sawyer can be a better man, and for the first time in his life, he wants to be.
Published August 2nd 2016 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about A Fine Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fine Mess

Shannon Moore
Jul 05, 2016 Shannon Moore rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A Fine Mess is a passionate romance written with flirty dialogue and complex characters. Throw in some fun in the sun, a touch of angst and real life situations, and you've found yourself a winner! Kelly Siskind is a fresh new voice in the romance genre and is not an author that you'll want to miss.

I love RomComs, I really do, but my heart cannot lie. I'm an angst and sexual tension whore. So when we mix all of the above together, I'm a little firecracker bursting with joy. A Fine Mess is the t
❤Sana❤
5 Superhero-sexy-as-sin stars!

description

When I read My Perfect Mistake, the first book in (Over The Top) series I fell in love with the whole package. The story of Shay aka The bitch and Kolton aka The Asshole is still one of my 2016 best reads.

description

A Fine Mess, the second book in the series and another one of my 2016's best reads.

From the blurb and from what I read about these two amazing characters in My Perfect Mistake, I knew that this book would be a success and I wasn't disappointed at all.

With a shopa
nick

4.5/5

I have been eagerly awaiting Kelly Siskind's A Fine Mess, having absolutely devoured the first book in this fun companion series. As much as I adored My Perfect Mistake, I knew that this one would topple every expectation that I had for it. And boy did it slay all my expectations and give me one of the swooniest romance novels I have ever read.

Sawyer and Lily met in the first book in Aspen. Despite the crackling chemistry between the two, they never acted on their lust because of Lily being
Cassandra Curiel
Jul 25, 2016 Cassandra Curiel rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies, arcs
*Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Expected Publication: August 1, 2016
I broke my number one rule again and I didn't start this series from book 1. I dived straight into this one since I saw that it focused on a different couple than the first one. I got a few spoilers here and there from book one but it wasn't anybody's fault but mine so it didn't come close to ruining my experience. (To be fair, I looked for it at my library and they didn't have it.)
Anyway, I loved th
Sybil aka Lala
Aug 04, 2016 Sybil aka Lala rated it really liked it
Humour? Check

Angst? Check

Bad boy hero? Check

Sexual Tension? Check check

Is there anything better than an angsty romance filled to overflowing with sexual tension between two friends trying desperately to fight the attraction between them? No, I don’t think there is.

Well, maybe if you add in a semi-bad-boy-man-whore who is just ever so slightly obsessed with a girl who belongs to another man. If you make him impossibly sweet with a bit of a dirty streak you’ll get very close to a perfect version o
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance

:: 4.5 Pretty Little Stars ::

I LOVE Kelly Siskind's stories. She brings about the best characters, amazing plotlines, and truly captivating stories that will leave you hooked. A Fine Mess, while can be read as a standalone, is the second book in the Over The Top series. It features Sawyer and Lily (who you first meet as secondary characters in My Perfect Mistake) and their blossoming relationship. These two, OMG talk about SWOON. They
Lucy
Aug 08, 2016 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Have you read anything by Kelly Siskind before? If not, you're missing out. Majorly. A Fine Mess was such an excellent read...you will feel EVERYTHING when you read this book. I LOVE when we have characters who are not perfect people, but whose flaws are normal ones, not overly exaggerated or unrealistic. It makes it so easy to connect and empathize wth the characters and just makes the book more gripping.

So we met Sawyer and Lily in My Perfect Mistake (read my review here) and we learned that t
Heather andrews
Jul 09, 2016 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing

Sawyer likes to show his emotions through actions, "two soft kisses later, he pulls away. “That about covers it. Anything you’d like to add?” More like subtract: his shirt, his shorts, his boxers." I really liked Sawyer, I mean the man had a way about him, “keep that up, babe, and I’ll come in my swimsuit. I’d rather not find out if sharks are attracted to semen.” I really liked this book, I loved Sawyer.
Give Me Books
Jul 31, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
It feels a little bit like Kelly Siskind stumbled upon a file folder of all the things I like and is writing books specifically tailored to me. If that is the case, I should probably be a little concerned but frankly, I just hope it never stops. A Fine Mess is everything—everything—that I love in books and I don't really even know where to begin fangirling.

Maybe the emotional layers?
I wasn't really expecting those. At the 10% mark my heart broke for the first time—and it broke a couple more tim
Debbie I Heart YA Books

OH MY GOSH. If you haven't been reading Kelly Siskind's Over the Top series, then you're missing out on a whole lot of fantastic characters, an awesome and hilarious storyline with a touch-your-heart romance, and some majorly hot romance scenes. Now it's Sawyer and Lily's turn to find their happily-ever-after. Sawyer is the bad boy out of the guys. Yep, Sawyer’s the playboy, Mr. One-night-stand, and the class clown all rolled up into one gorgeous, hot, sexy body. But mister “take life easy and g
Molly O'keefe
Jun 26, 2016 Molly O'keefe rated it it was amazing
Funny and hot! Characters with real problems - totally enjoyed this book!
Hayley Stone
Mar 09, 2017 Hayley Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story takes turns being sexy and sweet with two leads you will fall head-over-heels for. I really liked the theme of self-forgiveness that ran throughout the novel; Sawyer and Lily ultimately bring out the best in each other, which I feel all great relationships do. Highly enjoyable read, and highly recommended for fans of romantic fiction!
Richelle Robinson
Aug 03, 2016 Richelle Robinson rated it really liked it
Love when I find and fall in love with a new author!

So I stumbled across this author and book late at night when I couldn't sleep and thank you insomnia!! This story just sucked me in and didn't let go. Granted,I didn't read the first book but I still enjoyed the story. Sawyer and Lily. They both like each other but they won't act on their attraction. Lily has a boyfriend of 12 years named Kevin who she isn't in love with but is scared to break it off. Sawyer due to rampant family infidelities w
Kahea

After finishing My Perfect Mistake I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Lily and Sawyer’s book to find out just what was going to happen with all that crazy sexual tension that was constantly surrounding them when they were together and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed. I got highly frustrated with certain things and down right pissed at others, but I also laughed and swooned in equal measure and ended up enjoying the way their story played out.

The saying “never judge a book by it’s cover” is t
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I read A Fine Mess immediately after finishing My Perfect Mistake. It made for a great binge. I was totally into the world and the characters, so jumping right into the second book made perfect sense. I'm glad I did, even though the wait for the third book is going to be kinda brutal. Totally worth it... and it's not like I can't just reread these first books before going into the third one. Both of them are certainly reread worthy.

I was already
Shrimalya
Aug 02, 2016 Shrimalya rated it really liked it
Review: Ever since I read My Perfect Mistake, the first book in the Over The Top series, I've been waiting for Lily and Sawyer's story in A Fine Mess.And I'm glad to tell you it was definitely worth the wait.All books in this series can be read as standalones, but give them all a chance as each book is very good! :)
We had a glimpse of Lily and Sawyer's friendship in My Perfect Mistake.There is a connection and attraction between them.They get each other.But, Lily has a long-term boyfriend and Sa
Deniz
Jul 08, 2016 Deniz rated it really liked it
Siskind has written herself into my heart with her previous books especially with Chasing Crazy . She has made it on my HAVE to read lists of authors, basically I will read anything of hers I get my hands on.
A Fine Mess just reinforced that status. I love Siskind's writing style and AFM delivered just exactly what I like. Great humor, insight and perfect amount of sizzling. Just like always.

The storyline is sweet and quite realistic- at least most of the time. And while the romance is super cu
Sara
Jul 14, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc
Sawyer and Lily work together, but it's not your typical boss-employee situation. Lily is more like Sawyer's design muse and she's a talented designer in her own right. Sawyer has a lot of family baggage that makes him reluctant to settle down, but doesn't stop him from wanting and flirting with Lily. As long as she has a boyfriend, it's pretty harmless, right? Until Lily, who is honestly kind of a wimp, breaks up with her boyfriend and they have to deal with their very real, messy, and inconven ...more
Shannon

4.5*

A Fine Mess is anything but a mess. It's a completely delightful story of 2 extremely endearing characters that I have fallen in love with.

This book made me so happy! Sawyer and Lily are so perfect together...flaws and all. They remind me of Lily and Randy from Pucked Over, one of my favorite couples ever. Their teasing and flirting, the care they have for each other, the emotions these 2 evoked in me...I adored everything about them and their story. Even though their friendship was so easy
Kelley
Jul 24, 2016 Kelley rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Superhero wish: Memory Manipulation (ability to erase or enhance one's memory)...so I can go back and read this book again and again like the first time--each time getting better and better.

The characters in this book were well developed. Sawyer's immaturity was done so well with the corny jokes, dance moves and how he deals with the tough stuff. Lily's desire to be loved and cherished like the things she "rescues" from antique stores and thr
Heather Pollock
Aug 02, 2016 Heather Pollock rated it really liked it
#review #NewRelease @KellySiskind

A Fine Mess

QueenZany 4 Star Review

A Fine Mess
by Kelly Siskind

Another well written humor filled book by Kelly Siskind. She seems to understand what her readers are yearning for. Which she delivers in A “Fine Mess.” Yes and ever tangible novel that is worth geekiness. Who the heck writes books with quotes from “Monty Python”? See that’s why I'm so fond of Kelly Siskind writing. My inner Geek is doing it’s happy dance. Awww good book!!!

ARC kindly provided by Net
Charissa Garza
Aug 02, 2016 Charissa Garza rated it it was amazing
What can I say every girl needs a Sawyer in her life. I'm a super hero nerd myself so I totally fell for Sawyer. I really liked how lily was down to earth and we all have our secrets so I was definitely drawn to her in more ways than one. I did find myself laughing out loud a lot during this book. It brought me to tears a couple times too. If you're looking for your next book boyfriend I suggest reading this book,start to finish it was amazing. I hope you enjoy Sawyer and Lily as much as I did.
Lenore Kosinski
Jul 25, 2016 Lenore Kosinski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

4 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

OK, I will admit that that blurb leaves a bit to be desired. I wasn't even sure if I was interested when I came across this browsing through NetGalley, so I went to Goodreads to skim some reviews already posted for a bit better taste of what the book was about...b/c that blurb just didn't really make it stand out, kwim? Then I saw this quote in someone
Jo E Winder
Mar 21, 2017 Jo E Winder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoy a romance book with a little humor - Good read

Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Warning: The excerpt I chose is kind of spoilery, but it is one of my favorite moments in the book so I just had to share it. Read at your own risk.

Okay. I knew that Lily and Sawyer's book would be good, but I had no idea that I was going to want to reread it as soon as I finished. IT'S. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

It was clear in the first book, My Perfect Mistake, that Lily and Sawyer liked each other. But at the time Lily had a
Genesis Sheli (Latte Nights Reviews)
This 3.5 latte's review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews.

I never read My Perfect Mistake, which is where Lily and Sawyer met. I was glad it was mentioned in this book so I could know about their situation a little bit. When I started this book, I realized Lily had a boyfriend. According to her, she wasn't in love with him anymore, she didn't feel anything romantic towards him, not like she did with Sawyer. I was so glad that Lily knew her relationship needed to end and there was no
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Lily has been living in break-up limbo for a year. She and boyfriend Kevin have been together for 11 years, but the relationship has turned comfortable and loveless. Finally getting the courage she needs, she ends things with Kevin. The primary push to finally make the break generated in her feelings for her friend and boss, Sawyer, whom she met nine months ago on a girls’ weekend in Aspen (My Perfect Mistake) The spark between the pair made her realize how much she doesn’t love Kevin any longer ...more
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jul 13, 2016 aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0 "AWESOME SUPERHERO" STARS!!!

"The right person in your life is meant to bring out the best in you, the other parts otherwise hidden.
...Parts yet to be explored."

Kelly Siskind has done it again! Sawyer and Lily's story is fun, witty, heart warming, gut wrenching and tummy fluttering that made me captivated from the very first page up to the last.

A Fine Mess is the second book of Over The Top Series by Kelly. I have been waiting for this book to be out since I have read the first installment
Jessie
May 09, 2016 Jessie rated it it was amazing
For more of my reviews, visit: https://boundtobeme.org

Although in a way this book could be read as a stand alone, I wouldn’t recommend it. The first book was full of character development and without that foundation I think you would miss an aspect of who the characters are. Not only would you miss a part of their backstory, but I think the beginning would lack a certain degree of depth. In other words, read the first book. If you missed review, you can find it here.

Like I mentioned, this book d
Crystal
Jul 20, 2016 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
After loving the first book in Kelly Siskind's Over the Top series, I was super excited to pick up the second book. Gotta tell ya, A Fine Mess did not disappoint. While the first book was filled with funny and sarcastic moments, Sawyer and Lily's story tugged on my heart more. After getting to know each other and growing closer together, Lily realizes that she's developing feelings towards Sawyer. Believing he felt the same, she takes the difficult step forward and breaks things off with her lon ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Coming Clean (Monkey Business Trio, #3)
  • Untitled (Devious Minds, #2)
  • Ruled (Outlaws, #3)
  • Man of Honor (Battle Scars, #3)
  • The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc., #2)
  • Mr. Corporate (Mister, #3)
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • A Fool For You (Foolproof Love, #3)
  • Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)
  • Becoming a Legend (Kavanagh Legends #3)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Moore than a Feeling
  • Dare to Stay (The Sons of Steel Row, #2)
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Confessions in the Dark
  • Blow (Virtuous Paradox, #1)
  • Never Better (Dark Obsession, #3)
  • Twist of Fate (Circle of Spies, #3)
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in northern Ontario. When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—Gummy bears heal all. She’s also an incurable romantic, devo ...more
More about Kelly Siskind...

Over the Top (3 books)
  • My Perfect Mistake (Over the Top #1)
  • Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3)