Start by marking “Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #2)

Sneaky Snow White

(Dark Fairy Tale Queen #2)

Cinderella killed my father.

She thinks she can do anything because she’s the Evil Queen. And my stepmother. The only thing she truly loves is her Demon Mirror. But the more she gazes into that thing, the crazier she becomes.

But I am no longer a child. I won’t allow the Evil Queen to poison my heart and my home. Although my skin is white as snow, my soul is far from pure. I

Published May 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sneaky Snow White, please sign up.
Shelley Ruble Yes, there will be another book called "Rotten Rapunzel."

Janani(ஜனனி)
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: retelling
ORIGINAL REVIEW POSTED HERE

AHH! Do you see a girl who is wallowing in the puddle of disappointment? Yeah, that's basically me. After reading the first book in the series and drowned in the sea of darkness and merrily waiting to jump into the next book, I was so heartbroken by how much this book disappointed me. Why would the first book in a series could be such an eye catcher if the next book was not good enough?

As the title says, here we see Snow White's antics and how she was tortured by her
TL
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Cameron Jace's "Grimm Diaries" series
Shelves: favorites
I got this for free from the author when she did a mini-giveaway/promotion a few days after the release date, you can look at the status here if you want.:)

I didn't promise a favorable review in exchange, my opinions are my own.
----

Cinderella killed my father.

I don’t know how she did it. But he’s gone. Not even a body to bury.

When I ask her, she simply laughs and says he got what he deserved. She thinks she can do anything because she is queen.

And my stepmother.

I can’t bring back my father.
Phoenix2
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fairytale
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I couldn't wait to read the next dark fairytale, and this one was no disappointment. Snow White wasn't as rotten as Cinderella, but her story was a tragic one and I liked that there was a romantic story along with her revenge one. Just like with the first book, it was quick paced and easy to read. Can't wait for the next one!!
Kayla
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series is becoming one of my favorite fairy tale retellings that I've recently read. This was dark, twisted, and messed up, yet I can't wait for more.
Oct 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really liked the first book..... What happened?

My Rant may have spoilers

Snow i really disliked but felt sorry for as no one ever loved her, apart from Supposedly hunter but he was as fickle as a pair of well used second hand shoes.... What he did was about as heroic as a pillowcase, leave snow locked in a palace with an evil mirror while he took her stepmother who has been has been brutal to snow, whisking said evil queen her off to a cabin in the woods cares for her and falls in love, becaus
Andreas Aristodemou
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5ish stars because this was so much better
This book is such an improvement from its ancestor. It felt rushed tk be honest, but I really enjoyed it. I just hoped that this was a normal length book. It would feel better. I hope Rotten Rapunzel is even better, because this series has so much potential.
Aymen djouza
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
this book was just a nice read.
Katrina
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
This author has a way of making lovely characters so evil that they're unlovable. At least in this one, some of Snow White's evilness, but I still feel like there was no reason for most of it. She was extremely selfish, and just got worse as the story went on. I like the twist of having these fairy tale characters be dark and twisted, but it's way too much, and I can't bring myself to really enjoy it.
Vignesh Kumar
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is soo not good. I really didn't like this book. At least I didn't hate it.

Valle continues with her same twisted and dark retelling, now with the Snow White and the evil Queen. Cinderella is the Evil Queen. Snow White, as her name suggests, is white in her complexion but not in her heart. This is soo twisted from the first book as both Cinderella and Snow White wants Hunter! Yes, you've heard me.

And guess what?? Snow White is the Snow Queen! Duh.

I am blaming this all on that wretched old ha
Nøss Røø
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful retelling of a well-known story Snow White but this time there's a Snow White Vs Cinderella with the most beautiful sad ending ,Oh God I really loved the ending.
I can't wait for the next book that'll be about Rapunzel I guess .
Dragonfly
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 5 stars
Characters: 10/10
Plot: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

Wow third time reading, third time loving it! I swear every time I read this I honestly cry. All of Anita Valle's books are amazing and I especially love this series.

I love all the characters in this book. Snow White is an amazing main character and even though I didn't agree with some of the choices she made I still loved her as a character, she was a really smart main character and didn't listen to what people thought of her or what
Fifi
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great continuation taking place after Sinful Cinderella. I really enjoyed Sinful Cinderella because it was a unique approach to the classic fairytale characters we know and love. Sneaky Snow White continues this approach with another beloved fairytale heroine. These fairytale princesses who are typically known for their kindness and innocence succumb to evil in these books. It is such an interesting approach that I'm surprised no one else has done it yet. I applaud the author for being brave e ...more
Rae Lake
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Holly Rea
2.5 ⭐

In the first book we see a dark side of Cinderella - hellbent on having revenge and punishing her stepmother and sisters, nasty little cinders schemes her way to becoming Queen with the use of magic and with the help of Godnutter. When she marries the King she is introduced to his daughter Snow. In this book then you've got Cinderella as the Evil Queen and Snow White as a bratty little bitch.... She is actually worse than Cinderella was. All these characters are horrid. I enjoy how a charac
SR
These aren't just "what if the Disney princesses were really mean" - the bones of the fairy tales are there, but recontextualized in interesting ways.

This one isn't as flashy as the first, but it's more emotionally satisfying - Snowy's motivations are much more concrete than Cindy's, and her age matches her behavior without a hitch.
Jayme Teague gauthier
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I liked the first book better in this series so far, this was still a clever twist on Snow White. Fast paced and short it kept my attention. At times...well maybe a lot...the wording is very YA but I just couldn’t stop reading.
Geena Barret
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
While I absolutely loved Sinful Cinderella, I did not love Sneaky Snow White. The big difference for me was that despite Cinderella being selfish and bad, she still had reasons for me to empathize with her. She had some redeeming qualities that made sense, so I actually cared what happened to her when evil started to get its clutches on her.

Snow White…had no redeeming qualities. She was never the sweet girl who was supposed to rule the kingdom. She never had a great relationship with her father,
Abrar
"Although my skin is white as snow, my soul is far from pure"

It's been a while since I've read and finished any books, and this book was what I needed!
I love fairy tale retellings and I see Anita Valle Kills it!. I love it! I enjoyed the first book, (read it a year ago before my due projects, ironically I'm doing the same for the second xD )

Anyways, I really needed something to get me reading and feel alive. *Ahem* Let me just talk about the book for now.

The story follows after Cinderella bec
Catherine
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Susan
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A 'sequel' to Sinful Cinderella. In this book, Cinderella is Snow White's stepmother. Snow is in love with Hunter, and is terrified of the evil mirror in her stepmother's room. A complete twist on the original, the Dwarves aren't dwarves and are Hunter's brothers, the Hunter doesn't try to kill her, the stepmother is pregnant, and Snow White wants to kill her and steal her baby. Or babies, as the case may be. When disillusionment sets in, she takes the baby and walls herself into a tower with ic ...more
Jordan Rachele Donelson
This was so much more dynamic and exciting than the first novel! Snow White's character was very enjoyable compared to Cinderella's (she was no where near as repetitive and whiny!!). I had a lot of fun watching the story unfold and all the twists that came along with it. I love that characters from the last book were still around for this one - Valle did a lovely job tying them in to contribute beautifully to the overall storyline. Seriously, one of my favorite aspects of these books is how ever ...more
LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone
After reading Sinful Cinderella I was not holding out hope for the sequel. I had been sucked in my the pretty cover art and the promise of twisty, dark fun that Sinful Cinderella seemed to promise. Alas, I was sadly disappointed. I did finish that book quickly and because I had a hard time falling asleep this morning I chose to pick this up and read it. I did like this one much more than the last book. This voices of both Cinderella in the first story and Snowy in this one are a bit too similar. ...more
Sandy Sprague
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story, giving a new perspective to the fairy tales we all know and love, but having it told in the perspective of a whiny teenager takes away from the excitement. Not to mention, the main character tells us what is happening. There's not as much action, and everything happens so fast. What happens at the end comes as a bit of a surprise because we don't get to know the characters enough for it to make sense. It was a good story, and a refreshingly new perspective on the p ...more
✿ Jenna ✿
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebs, reviewed
Although my skin is white as snow, my soul is far from pure.

This Cinderella + Snow White + Sleeping Beauty + Frozen retelling wasn't as entertaining as the first book of this series 😢
There's something wrong with this one, it seemed to be less cured than Sinful Cinderella. 😪
I will still read the next book, hoping it will be far better than this one 😊
(I still don't know if I should rate it with two or three stars, so probably the rating will change in the next few days)
Crystle
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good.

I used to be scared of indie novels, but authors such as Anita Valle are changing that. After reading the first book in this series, I had to come back for more! While these books may not be the most cheery and innocent, they feed a curiosity, and their darker nature is exciting. I am totally hooked, and can't wait for the rest of the series! So if you liked Sinful Cinderella, you'll love Sneaky Snow White.
Rachael
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I listened to Sneaky Snow White on my kindle. I loved this book. I think she did a good job of changing Snow White's character. She is not the sweet, simple girl we know. She is complex and evil. Although we got to know Cinderella as evil in the first book she changes in this book. The relationship with Hunter throughout the book is very interesting. Overall I enjoyed this fairy tale retelling with a twist. I think Anita Valle did a wonderful job. I can't wait for Rotten Rapunzel.
Andrea
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't care too much for the first part of this book because I didn't like how Snow White was being an annoying brat. So, I immediately thought, 'That sucks because the first book was awesome.' Then the second half of the book got a whole lot more interesting story wise and I'm probably going to read the third book. If you like your fairy tale retellings a little darker and you like rooting for the villains then check this series out.
ѦѺ™
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as I enjoyed the first book Sinful Cinderella , I loved this one as well. Author Anita Valle's imagination and writing just blew me away. If Wilhelm and Jakob Grimm were still alive and could read these two books now, they would probably eat their hearts out - literally!
lynne preston
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A different shade of Snow.

Snow White, we loved how not only she was beautiful, but sweet and good. Well, not here! It was an interesting twist how she was not what we came to know her as. Snow ended up being a brat and very sneaky. How she got Cinderella to eat the poison apple and how gave it to her. Huh! Sneaky indead!
JoAnna
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a tale!

Author does a great job of tying in so many plot lines in such a creative way. Keeps you intrigued the whole way through and writes the characters in a way that you have strong emotions for them (whether good or bad)
It's a quick read, but oh so interesting. Highly recommend
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mine to Spell (Mine, #2)
  • Beyond the Glass Slipper: Ten Neglected Fairy Tales To Fall In Love With
  • The Flux ('Mancer, #2)
  • The Story of the Great British Bake Off
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Insults Handbook: 101 Comebacks For The Slytherin In Your Life
  • Dorianna
  • Monster Skin
  • Alice the Assassin (Malice in Wonderland #1)
  • Hookah (Insanity, #4)
  • The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless
  • Sirens and Other Daemon Lovers: Magical Tales of Love and Seduction
  • Feyland (Feyland #1- #3)
  • Learning to Fall
  • Evangeline
  • Diary of a South Beach Party Girl
  • Queen (Realms of the Infinite, #2)
  • The Third Key (The Alaesha Legacy, #1)
  • Better Than Perfect
I think people like to read lists more than paragraphs, so I'll do my bio as such.

* Born and raised in Philly, home of the best cheesesteaks.

* Except for first grade, homeschooled all the way through.

* Two younger brothers and two younger sisters who are my very bestest friends.

* Married at 20, had three kids by 30. Developed the Nine Princesses during that period.

* Gave up the project several tim

Dark Fairy Tale Queen (3 books)
  • Sinful Cinderella (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #1)
  • Rotten Rapunzel (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 3)
“A month later he kissed me for the first time. He told me the trees whispered secrets when the wind blew, and if I closed my eyes, I would hear them. To humor him, I closed my eyes. And then I felt his lips. His arms came next, closing us in a tight circle, and when we were through, he said, “The secret is that I love you, Snowy.” I” 0 likes