Start by marking “Storm Dreams (Cycle of Somnium, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm Dreams (Cycle of Somnium, #1)

Storm Dreams (Cycle of Somnium, #1)

Do dreams dream? Can a dream become real?
Trapped between the real world and the lands of dream, John Cassidy is a WWI fighter pilot with no memory of his past. He may not even be a real person. Rescued from a dream by a mysterious airship captain, Cassidy is thrown into a chaos he can't begin to fathom. Forced to flee Armada agents, bounty hunters and the demons of his
Kindle Edition, First Edition
Published February 29th 2016 by Somnium Cycle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Storm Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Dreams

Start your review of Storm Dreams (Cycle of Somnium, #1)
Margaret Fisk
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over

Storm Dreams is a completely surreal book. I thought I’d grown past my surreal phase because now I seek out stories, and story structure doesn’t mesh well with surreal. Nor does it in this novel where things change at the blink of an eye and logic is out the window. But this story doesn’t rest on the structure. It depends on the heart and soul of the characters for a foundation.

This is how the book sucked me in.

The story might have wandered without a
Gerardo Delgadillo
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC ebook in exchange of an honest review.

Excellent—4.75 out of 5 stars.

Dreams flying Zeppelins and WWI airplanes, a hint of noir, whiskey on the rocks ... Phew. Where to start?

Being a dream has his problems, and in Storm Dreams they focus on the main character's quest to find his real identity. To do so, the story takes us on an unforgettable trip full of one-of-a-kind visuals. And although most characters are dreams, they feel very real, or perhaps they're soul figments--who
Jim Hardison
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wild, weird, wonderful read

For a fan of "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath", of epic fantasy and "Weird Tales", this book was like an old friend I'd never met before. Filled with engaging characters, gripping action and unexpected twists and turns, I found it a fast-paced and engrossing read.

Highly recommended
John Purvis
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
“Storm Dreams” eBook was published in 2016 and was written by Jeb R. Sherrill. This is Mr. Sherrill’s first publication.

I received an ARC of this novel through https://www.netgalley.com in return for a fair and honest review. I categorize this novel as ‘PG’ because it contains scenes of Violence and Mature Situations. The story is set on Earth during World War I and in another universe made up of dreams. The primary character is pilot John Cassidy.

Cassidy is ‘rescued’ by the crew of the
Duke Droste
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Griffin
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
A character from a dream is rescued by an airship and sets out to unravel the mystery of his own existence.

John Cassidy is a WWI American pilot — or so he thinks. Does he have any real existence, or is he just a character in someone else’s dream? And whose dream?

The main strength of this book is the very original and slightly mind-bending premise, which is that it is possible to physically travel from the real world to the world of dreams. Hence characters from dreams can enter the real world,
Sumittra
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do dreams dream of when they dream? Read Storm Dreams and find out! This is the action-packed existential journey of a WWI fighter pilot, Cassidy, as he literally gets plucked from a dream and thrown into strange realms ranging from "reality" to the mysterious Everdream. Is he real? Are any of us? How do we decide? Who is our maker? What would we say to him/her/it if we could come face to face and converse?

Joining the crew of an experimental zeppelin, he travels between dream worlds and
Cliff Jr.
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Even better than I expected, and I was already a fan of dreampunk going into this. It definitely feels very dieselpunk and a bit steampunk, but wrapped in a dreamworld so that the odd mish-mash of technologies actually makes sense.

I get a strong noir/hardboiled detective vibe from this too. The whole thing is an existential mystery, which reminds me of my favorite author, Philip K. Dick. But the setting is more like something out of Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

If any of that sounds appealing
Virginia Lee Boylan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Though this story intrigued me from the beginning, I had trouble caring much about the characters until deep into the book. The British spelling also was distracting. An interesting world creation with a unique approach. I loved the Red Baron element.
J.R. Sherrill
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Of all the debut novels I've ever written, this one is by far the least repugnant. While the plot does meander like a pit viper caught in a chipper shredder, I'm happy with the overall effect and the world in general. I am certainly at work on the sequel.
Stefan Romanov
William Brown
May 15, 2019
Kindle Unlimited ...: Storm Dreams by Jeb Sherrill 1 8 Apr 16, 2016 08:57AM
1 follower
Jeb Sherrill has an oddly disjointed background. Having stumbled through everything from performing stage magic and kinetic juggling on French television and in Las Vegas casinos, to teaching martial arts and circus techniques, to competitive sabre fencing, film and stage acting, dance, songwriting, and his ongoing stint as a popular YouTube personality, Jeb has the ADD of a 10 year old. Writing, ...more