Start by marking “Looking Back from L.A.” as Want to Read:
Looking Back from L.A.

Looking Back from L.A.

***AN accompanying novella to It Started in Texas from Gage's POV - NOT a complete retelling of the original story***

It Started in Texas, but as we all know, “…Gage Charles Weston will not start something without thinking about the consequences.” In this companion novella to the story that started it all, get a peek inside Gage’s head and find out what he was thinking and
Published March 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Looking Back from L.A., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking Back from L.A.

Lostred
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, bloody brilliant is all I can say.
It is so cute to read about Gage's nerves and his look on things.
I also feel that the author did a great job in not making him to girly, as if that were even possible with this character. Go read it!

I would reccommend you read 'It started in Texas' before reading this because there are some plot twist spoilers in this book.
Annmarie
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gage's POV. Great.
Stacey
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After absolutely falling in love with Gage Weston in It Started In Texas, I was so excited to hear that M B Feeney was writing a novella from his POV, and here it is!

This novella starts on one of the biggest days of Gage's life, which isn't immediately obvious what it is but that's a good thing... It then throws back to moments from the past starting from when he met Charlotte to how they got to where they are now - I really love the jumping from present to past and it all ties in well together
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I thought I loved Gage before in Texas, but no not as much as I do now, love his POV? As with MB Feeney book it's cleverly written and uniquely done.
Without given to much away if you haven't read Texas, on an important day of Gages life we get to see how he is now and the relationship he has with his band and parents, what I like is the reminiscing and going back to timed we are aware of or not and how he felt in those moments, without taking anything away from the previous book. In fact I
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella very much, there were moments where the story got a bit slow but the pace was picked up quickly. It's nice to see things from the hero's point of view.
Gage is everything a woman looks for in a guy and just a bit more. Though this is an accompanying novella to "It Started In Texas" (and I highly recommend you start there) I did not feel lost. The story was easy to follow and the characters were awesome. I definitely recommend it and I will be checking out more books by thi
Kim Ginsberg
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Gage's story. He's looking back over the last 5 years and how his life has changed over time. I loved that we got a look at how he was over the years with women, work, and his relationship with women. We get what he was thinking and feeling when he met Charlie. He reminisces while he's getting ready for his wedding. This is the companion to It Started in Texas
Helen Simpson
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS SWEET STORY. A WOMANISER BAND MEMBER MEETING THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE. I LIKE HOW WE GO BACK TO LOOKING HOW THEY MET THROUGH MEMORIES. ALTHOUGH A SHORT READ THE WRITING IS VERY FLUID AND SO IS THE STORYLINE. ALL QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED. I LOVED THE ENDING.
Maxine
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me and I have to say I loved it and look forward to reading more!
I loved how Gage's soft side was shown without making him seem soft, it touched my heart strings when he talked to her kids and how protective he is over his family.
I would highly recommend this!
Jennifer Theriot
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Find my 5-star review here:

Dawn Foster
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Gage's point of view. To see what was going through his mind during events of It Started in Texas. I highly recommend reading this book. Thank you M.B. Feeney.
Jennifer Theriot
In this story, we get inside Gage’s head. He reflects back on how Charlotte won his heart and he reveals things about himself – his very private life. We all know rock stars have lives off the stage. They have families, home bases and the likes. I loved how Gage’s dad called him ‘boy’. Gage is a true southern gent and adores his parents, who don’t cut him any slack just because he is a star. When he’s home, his momma calls upon him to do menial chores, which he does lovingly. I also loved how Ga ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE this author's writing, but I have one huge complaint! IT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH! I wanted so much more, as I could read her all day long! This story is told in Gage's POV from It Started in Texas, and I was so excited to read it. It's a short, sweet, and well written storyline that flows effortlessly. M.B. Feeney talented writing style is super addictive, and I can never get enough, so I never start a book of hers unless I have time to devour it. It was fantastic to hear Gage's sid ...more
Wendi Hunsicker
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that introduced me to a new author. And I am glad that I read this. This was a nice quick read, once you start this, you will find that you finished it in one sitting. It is a book that gives you a short story from the man's point of view about finding his true love. Gage and Charlotte's story goes around a man living the rock star life going through women on on the road, no regrets, not until Charlie enters his life. He even stops grabbing the occasional casual hook up with rando ...more
Cassandra Taylor
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

5 Stars

Gage’s POV – not a total re-tell of It Started in Texas

This is a great little novella and finishes off from the first book perfectly.

Gives some insight into how Gage was feeling and what he was thinking from the first book during flashbacks but also gives us the ‘what next’ for Charlotte and Gage.

You get more of the great support characters from the first book and I’m hoping we get more from them in the future.

Another must read!
S.J.
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun, interesting romance novella told from the perspective of Gage (so very swoon-worthy!) It was well written, easy to follow, and the characters are likable with developed personalities. I didn't feel lost in the story even though this is a complement to a book I haven't read yet, M.B. did a great job catching the reader up with the plot from the first book without bogging down the story.

Note: I recommend reading the precursor to this book, "It Started in Texas" beforehand if you don't like
Cynthia Ogg
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One thing I LOVE about this book is getting the extra info about what Gage is/was thinking. He's such an incredible sweetie and I love when that comes through. M.B. Feeney very easily picks up the story right where it needs to be, filling in the the blanks and questions with the deftness that I expected from reading It Started In Texas.

This novella is exactly what I wanted and I absolutely loved it. I love the characters and the addition of more of the kids made this book just that much more fun
Rebecca Austin
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Gage Weston was a womanizer with different women in different cities as his rock star life allowed him to be until one night in Houston where he would meet his match!

This is a great novella that looks at certain times from Gage's point of view from before meeting Charlotte to where he is now!

I really enjoyed this novella as we got a glimpse into Gage a bit deeper and saw the man he turned into when given the right woman!
Karen Wood
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this novella, it gave you the insight into gage's mind and life before charlotte, how he womanised and was a love em and leave em type. It shows how when your heart falls for someone, there is nothing you can do but follow it.

If you have read It Started in Texas, then this is a must read, it's from Gage's POV, from before he met Charlotte to Present day on their wedding day.

This is an easy 5 star book, loved it!
Rhiannon King
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella was fab. This is from Gage's point of view. I fell in love with Gage all over again and you will too, I loved that we got to see what he was like before Charlie with the revolving door of women (groupies) and then what he was like once he met her, he fell and he fell hard. I love this authors writing style and her characters. n easy 5stars for me.
Suzie
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella is written from Gage's point of view and is a look back at things that have happened over the last few years in his life. It then jumps to present day as he is getting ready to marry and its good to see a softer side to the rock star. I loved Gage in It Started in Texas and after reading this I love him even more.
Bev
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a standalone, but I'm now reading the first book, wrong way round, I know, but I really enjoyed this authors writing style & wanted to try it out. Loved Gage & Charlie's story, so now I'm going in to find out the rest.
Sarah H
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for anyone who has read It Started in Texas. This novella by M B Feeney is a lovely insight in to Gage's mind at pivital points of his relationship with Charlotte. A lovely engrossing read. My only issue with it is that it has left me needing more of this crazy pairs story. Loved it!
Jennifer Alvarez
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute love story centered around bad boy Gage and Charlotte. It bounces back and forth between memories and the current but it stays very cohesive and it is easy to follow.
Dirty South Books
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Well written. Short and Sweet! Unexpected author find.
Nicola Burbridge
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read. This was an emotional read well done again xx
Candice
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute read. Took my breath away. I loved reading it as it was going threw the memories. Never read anything like that before. Was really good. Made me smile and yes I cried happy tears.
Candice
Website ➤ http://mbfeeney.co.uk/
FB Reader Group ➤ https://bit.ly/2WyJ6tB
Facebook ➤ https://bit.ly/1lXx3jJ
Twitter ➤ http://bit.ly/1qzOcW1

M. B. Feeney is an army brat who finally settled down in Birmingham, UK with her other half, two kids and a dog. She often procrastinates by listening to music of all genres and trying to get ‘just one more paragraph’ written on whichever WIP is open; she is also