Start by marking “Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy: A Clinical Psychology Perspective” as Want to Read:
Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy: A Clinical Psychology Perspective

Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy: A Clinical Psychology Perspective

How can we as animal advocates best help nonhuman animals? This is a question that gets thrown around and debated passionately among those who care deeply about animals. Many fall within different "camps," claiming that their particular approach is more "effective" despite a lack of any meaningful or peer-reviewed scientific study. Often, claims of effectiveness are not gr ...more
Published February 16th 2016 by Vegan Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy

Start your review of Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy: A Clinical Psychology Perspective
Andrea Kladar
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on vegan advocacy

This is a great guide to affecting change as we fight for social justice for nonhumans (as well as oppressed humans). This book is for anyone who wants to become a more effective advocate. The real life examples of conversations provided in this book are very helpful as they illustrate how to identify what stage individuals we are talking with are in and how best to address them.
I believe this should be essential reading for all vegan advocates.
Ireene
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must read for everyone who engage in vegan advocacy. Really clear and simple writing. It shows very well how we don't have to hide the vegan message in order to be effective. And this book is a short one too. So even if you don't have much time, it will only take couple of hours to read this. :)
Dima Tsvetkov
Jun 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
One may expect the book to be a comprehensive research on the given subject, as I did. The book turned out to be very basic and short. I would call it a brochure for newbies.

At times I thought it was about the author himself rather than the actual subject of the book - so many parts of it are dedicated to author's description of his achievements, which are used to validate his claims instead of references to scientific research.

It doesn't stand any close to Nick Cooney's
Sardar Berzo
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Edit: 2nd time reading this and I have to say it’s definitely one of the best perspectives on how to educate and converse with people on the topic. I promote this to everyone I know that is interested in actually being an effective animal rights advocate
Rico
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting view of how the two track promotion of veganism - veganism on one hand, animal welfare on the other - looks from the view of a Professor of psychiatry who specialises in domestic violence. As such, the subject of violence runs through both his work and animal use. He points out the logical inconsistency of promoting a 'better form' of animal use while at the same time saying we should avoid it. Further, although a major section of the animal movement advocates the two track approa ...more
Grant
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books. Useful, engaging, and inspiring.
Kadri

• Metropolitan Stories
  • The Other Americans
  • Invisible as Air
  • How to Create a Vegan World: A Pragmatic Approach
  • Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism: The Belief System That Enables Us to Eat Some Animals and Not Others
  • Agnes
  • Kõige tähtsam küsimus
  • It Didn't Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle
  • Island Zoo
  • The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
  • Practice Of Karma Yoga
  • Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
  • The Cosmic Game: Explorations of the Frontiers of Human Consciousness
  • Death in Her Hands
  • Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging
  • When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
Casey Taft is a Professor of Psychiatry at Boston University School of Medicine. He is an internationally recognized researcher in the area of violence prevention and winner of prestigious awards for his work from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, the Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

He has developed the o