Start by marking “The Razvak Hunter (Razvak Series #1)” as Want to Read:
The Razvak Hunter (Razvak Series #1)

The Razvak Hunter (Razvak Series #1)

Before…
Aelwyd has worked hard to become strong. As the Fairest One of Vallenthar, her power is formidable. Years of battle honed her into a fearsome warrior who never falters in front of an enemy.
However, there are shadows that when they come, they can swallow you whole.
After a hundred years of praying against it, the minute she walks into the chilling scene of death in
Published February 28th 2016 by BZN Writing House

To ask other readers questions about The Razvak Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Razvak Hunter

Zoe (Attic Salt Reviews)
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely not what I was expecting, it kept me hanging and left me wanting more. Beautiful language, an intriguing world, realistic characterisation and a plot that just about begs a reader to put the pieces together – The Razvak Hunter really does have it all.

This novel is split into two perspectives, on one side there is Aelwyd and on the other, Dalbran.

The Rose of Vallenthar, a ruby that connected every living being on the earth, will chose only the most beautiful woman in the
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5

Thank you Arel B. Grant for the opportunity to read your book. This was an interesting read. I was supposed to read this back in July, but I did not have the time to do so. I am glad I did read this book as it was really enjoyable. I thought the story was interesting, going from the before perspective in Aelwyd's POV and the now perspective in Dalbran's POV. I did find Aelwyd's parts more enjoyable than Dalbran
Aly
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was another new author for me. I am so excited to find great authors I have not read yet. This book opens up a new world for me and I think a great start to a series. I enjoyed the characters and I thought the world was exciting and different. I don't think I read that much fantasy but I liked this book. I liked the magic in the book and I can't wait to see what happens next. * I received this book from the author and this is my honest review*
Yesha
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, elfish
*** Note: I received review copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review. I am glad I got a chance to read this book. ***

The story revolved around the Rose Vallenthar and its bearer Aelwyd. Her enemy Razavak, life of Dalbran, Vallenthar and the world in it. It was story about fighting against fear and evil, about strength and strong will that can help in fighting for freedom, about greater responsibility that might tear apart everything and about love and loss that can cha
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
+Received a copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Arel!

This was a review request. I'm very sorry for the delay, masters kept me busy. Anyway I picked it up because it's high fantasy and I wanted to start reading more high fantasy.

THE WORLD: As always happens in high fantasy it is quite a complicated world... the book takes place in Vallenthar which is divided in Myrasia and Easia. In Myrasia live the "creatures of the light", the purest, and in Easia live the "creatures of the shado
Catfairy Books
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Catfairy's First Thoughts

This year I promised myself that I would go outside of my comfort zone and read a book that was not a contemporary YA read and I have to say that The Razvak Hunter was a book that was far out of my comfort zone. Actually, this book was tooo far out of my comfort zone and even though the writing was on point I just wasn't feeling thi
Judi Easley
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Epic Fantasy Readers
Recommended to Judi by: Author
My Disclaimer:
I was provided a free copy of this book by the author. I am voluntarily providing an honest review in which all opinions are fully my own. I am not being compensated in any way.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review: ✭✭✭✭
This is amazing for a debut novel. It is so complex and detailed. The characters are well thought out and interesting. The world is well done and the magic makes sense in it.

There is the confusion of the “then” and “now” that the author uses to tell the stor
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
The Razvak Hunter in the simplest terms is about dark creatures versus light creatures and the battle between the two. This story was set in Vallenthar with the continent being split into Myrasia and Easia. The dark ones lived in Easia and the light ones lived in Myrasia. In this world, there had to be a division between the two because the dark beings and light beings were not able to live together. The dark ones could live side by side with other races and suffer no ill side effects but the sa ...more
Erica Robyn
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Razvak Hunter by Arel B. Grant is a refreshingly unique fantasy novel featuring magic, fantastical creatures, and absolutely wonderful characters.

I'm so happy that this is the first book in the Razvak Series. I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book!

Full disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

My goodness, this was such a fun read!

This is an author that I will definitely be keeping my eye on. Her wri
A
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
free copy received from the author in exchange for an honest review

I just finished this story and to be honest I'm not sure what I think about it exactly... there wasn't anything wrong with it, but there were moments when I was confused... I need some time to think about it, but for the moment it's 4 solid stars for this fantasy story :) full review to come in the upcoming weeks :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) th
Lacey
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, series
I received this book in exchange for a review! Thank you again Arel!

There were many things that I liked about this book. I usually don't read a lot of fantasy, but when I do, it has to keep my attention. This book certainly did!

The first thing that I liked was how the book switched from before and now. I love when a book does that because it makes you have to think about what happened from a few chapters ago, and it really keeps your attention moving back and forth. I loved looking back and see
Roderick Baxter
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very imaginative.
I am looking forward to future stories. I can't find them, at this stage.
Marilyn Vix
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a hard book to put down. Grant really builds an Elven world worthy of Tolkein proportions. It’s easy to get lost in it. You really feel the struggle of Aelwyd, and her burden of power. Dalbran is a brilliant counterpart to aid with Aelwyd’s quest. This is the first in a series, and it builds you up nicely for the next book. If you enjoy a good, basic fantasy complete with elves, warriors with swords, and unicorns, this is a book for you.
R Z
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a kindle version of this book for an honest review. I really enjoyed The Razvak Hunter. It takes place in a richly full world, expanded just enough to get the readers interested in how the world furthers in the upcoming novels, which I will be reading. :)

With novels that have two distinct POVs, sometimes the author's problem is that one character's POV is stronger than the other's; while Aelwyd, arguably, has the stronger narrative, Dalbran's (because his is a realization rather than
Linda Romer
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
The Razvak Hunter (Razvak Series #1) by Arel B. Grant

This book was amazing. The words flowed so beautifully, the story is captivating. The ending is spectacular and I can't wait to read book #2. A true epic adventure with great characters and it's a fast paced read that will take your breath away. Loved It!

I give The Razvak Hunter 5 stars for its epic fantasy with an amazing ending.
I would recommend this book to everyone.
Fiona Andrew
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

How do you beat something that is unbeatable? The Razvak has emerged again, the elves prepare to fight it again, as does the Fortunate One. Though only she knows what it is really after, will she share this knowledge? Wonderful storytelling with amazing world building. You are holding your breath waiting for you know not what only that it is sometimes scary, sometimes sad, sometimes happy. Can’t wait for the next book. Highly recommend
James Dyar
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
this book has an excellent level of readability that I would ascribe to readers in their late teens and early twenties. good characterization and a solid storyline :)
Adam C